What? I'm Not Worried. [SaTzu]

Twice Gay Fest

Got this idea while reading one of Seulgoddess's fanfics (one of my fav authors on here). It's a similar situation, but also different, I guess?? Click here to get to the story that I kinda sorta based this off of (Seulrene is SUCH a precious ship)


Tzuyu P.O.V.

I woke up to one of the most guttural coughing sounds I have ever heard. I wasn't even supposed to be awake. It was about two in the morning. 

"Did you hear that?" I groaned my question to the oldest maknae, who bed was across the room from mine. 

"Yeah. It finally woke you up?" Dahyun seemed like she had been awake for a while.

"Yeah. You've been up?" 

"Since midnight." 

"Sorry..." I whispered. "Where do you think it's coming from?"

"One of the other two rooms in the house." 

"Obviously." I huffed. "Should I ask Sana? Or...oh, I don't wanna wake her up." 

"I'll go check." Dahyun sighed. She just got off her bed when we heard hushed whispers and footsteps in the hallway. She opened the door, and saw Mina and Momo carrying Sana. "What's going on?" 

"Sana is beyond sick. We're getting her to the hospital. We would've gotten Tzuyu, but she told us not to." Momo whispered, but I could hear, since I was listening closely. 

"Why not? She's up." 

"Oh. Oops. Well, we'll text you later. Sana needs to go to the hospital for a bit." Mina hurried her girlfriend. "Tell Tzuyu not to worry." 

"Tzuyu's up...?" Sana groaned. "My poor baby..." 

"Let's go." Momo and Mina carried her to the van, and we heard the manager drive them to the hospital. 

"Sana's that sick? Wait, that coughing was my Sana?!" I worried, rubbing my temples. 

"She said not to worry." Dahyun sighed. "Everyone gets sick sometimes, it's fine." 

"But Sana isn't supposed to get sick..." I whimpered, sending a text to Momo, asking how Sana's condition was. 

While Dahyun went back to bed, I couldn't get any sleep. Although Momo told me that Sana would be fine, I insisted on her updating me on everything that happened to her. I demanded to know everything that happened immediately after it happened, or to ask me if they needed to know Sana's allergies. I made them tell me her room number, the dosages of the medicine they gave her, the names of the medicine, when to give her the medicine, and I insisted they tell me the exact location where she got a shot to boost her immunity. It was in the lower half of her right cheek. So, don't let Sana sit. She is only allowed to lay on her side. Her left side. Is this going overboard? I think not. 

That being said, I didn't sleep at all. I constantly texted Momo to tell me my girlfriend's condition, along with texts telling her that Sana was not to know that I was worried. She's complimented me many times on how little I worry about things like this, and how level-headed I am when I'm sick. I need to be strong for her, and not show her that I'm worried. Not worried one bit.  She always worried so much about me when I was sick, and said that she was "worried sick". She won't be worried sick anymore. I won't be worried, and I will pretend that everything is fine. Because it is. Just because Sana is sick, that doesn't mean that the light in my life is sick and could be hurting and could get a bruise from the shot or get an infection if the hospital doesn't clean the area before and after and if they don't put a band-aid on her poor she could bleed out from that hole and if she bleeds out she'll die. The light in my life is going to die. 

I started crying, while spamming Momo's phone with texts, making sure that she checked every bit of Sana, and made sure that every hole (that was not already present) was sealed. She kept assuring me that it was  fine. I beg to differ, Hirai Momo. 

At about six in the morning, Momo texted me, saying that they were going to leave the hospital, and that Sana would be okay. At 6:05, she said that Sana changed out of the hospital gown, and at 6:07 they left the hospital room she was in. At 6:10 they were signing papers, getting medicine, and all of that stuff. At 6:20, they got into the van. At 6:22, they were approximately 20 minutes away from the dorm. At 6:24, they were about 18 minutes away. At 6:25, Momo wasn't responding quickly enough. At 6:27, they were 15 minutes away, and Momo told me to stop worrying. At 6:30, Momo told me to leave her alone. At 6:31, I texted Mina, asking when they'd be home. At 6:33, Mina said that they'd be home at about 6:40. At 6:35, Mina said that Sana was doing fine. At 6:37, apparently Momo took Mina's phone and told me to leave them alone. I could handle not knowing where they were for three minutes...Until 6:40, and no one came in. At 6:40, I texted them frantically, asking why they were late, and asking what Sana's condition was. About 30 seconds later, the door to the dorm opened...and that meant that Sana was home. Phew. Almost got a heart attack. But I'm not worried, it's fine. 

After they put Sana in her room, Mina stopped by to check on me. Why? I don't know, she should be checking on my girlfriend.

"Are you okay, Chewy?" 

"Is Sana okay?"

"Yeah, she's really tired. So, are you okay?"

"Then I'm really tired."

She sighed. "Tzuyu, she's fine. It's just a bad cold."

"Keep telling yourself that." I huffed in annoyance. I desperately wanted to go into Sana's room and check on her, but I couldn't...She'd find out that I'm worried. Not that worried, but...I need to keep a level head. 

"Do you want to go check on her?" 

"No. I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"She needs me to be calm and level-headed."

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you just asked how she was doing, or showed her a little concern..." Mina chuckled. "Listen, I was the same way with Momo, just less extreme. She twisted her ankle, and I wouldn't let the girl put any weight on it for weeks. She appreciated the concern. She said that my franticness was funny, and made the recovery time go by faster." 

"Sana isn't Momo." I flopped down backwards. "If she knows I'm worried, she'll be worried. She'll get 'worried sick'."

"You do know that's just a figure of speech, right Tzuyu?"

"Figure of speech or not, she isn't allowed to worry." 

"Here. This is your responsibility now." Mina put medicines on my nightstand, along with a relatively thin packet of paper filled with diagrams and detailed dosages. "I got the most comprehensive guide to these medications that I could. They don't usually hand out medical textbooks with medicines like you'd want, but the instructions on the front few pages are in Korean, and the last half is in Chinese, in case you couldn't understand something in Korean. They say the same thing, it's just in a different language." 

"Thank you."

"And it gives you a reason to check on Sana." I almost jumped for joy at that.

"You're right! She won't worry! I'll just hand her the medicine and be completely relaxed and totally not worried and she won't worry and it'll be great." 

"Alright. I'm gonna go back to sleep. She last had her medicine at-"

"I know, Momo texted me. It was at three-fourteen." 

"And like fifteen seconds."

"Really?! Why didn't she tell me that...?" Tzuyu groaned, and wrote down the time, including the seconds. 

"I was joking..."

"Was it fifteen seconds, though?"

"Yeah." 

"Thanks. I'm gonna kill Momo...she could've put Sana's life in danger." 

I spent the next hour reading through the packet. Once in Korean, and once in Chinese. I checked the clock, seeing that it was nearly 8:00. I double checked the packet (which had notes scrawled all over it), and it said that her next dosage was, according to the instructions, to be at exactly 8:14 (and fifteen seconds). She wasn't to chew the pill. She needed to swallow with water (approximately 4 ounces of water should go down with the pill). She also wasn't to take the medicine if she was pregnant...Pregnant? 

I knew Jihyo would be up, making breakfast, so I crept into the kitchen, with the medicine and the instructions. "Jihyo eonnie?" I asked quietly. 

"Yeah, what's wrong?" She motioned for me to come over by her. 

"Is Sana pregnant?" 

"No!" She started laughing. "Even if you two did do something, girls can't get girls pregnant." 

"Is it at all possible?" 

"I mean...yes...but..."

"Can I go get a pregnancy test for Sana?"

"No. I've been in a changing room with you many times. You don't have the ability to get her pregnant, I promise." 

"Okay. Thank you, Jihyo." 

"No problem."

I crept back to my room, and continued reading the warnings on the medication. I continued going back and forth to Jihyo and asking her questions about the medication. I also learned a lot of new words in Korean : diarrhea, rectum, esophagus, mucosa, proctitis, tenesmus, lactic acid, hydrochloric acid, gallbladder...you know, the basics. I checked the time again, making sure that I wouldn't administer her medicine a moment too early or too late. It was 8:10, so I decided to wake her up. 

I knocked on her door, making sure that she or any of her roommates weren't getting dressed or anything before entering. There was no response, so I entered. Everyone was asleep, including Sana. I was glad that she was on the bottom bunk, since I didn't feel like crawling around early in the morning. 

"Sana..." I whispered, gently shaking her shoulder. She only groaned at me. "Babe, wake up..." I felt her forehead out of curiosity, and it was really warm. Too warm in my opinion. "Baby, please wake up..." I couldn't hide the worry in my voice.

"Tzuyu, what's wrong?" She grumbled, opening her eyes. "You okay?" She put her hand on mine.

"Oh. Um, I'm not worried, you're fine, just umm...lemme check the time..." I checked my phone. 8:13. "Ok." I handed her a pill and a bottle of water. "Take it only when I say to." I watched the time change to 8:14. "One, two, three- No! Sana!" I yelped. 

"What?" She asked, once she swallowed the medicine.

"You took it twelve seconds early!" I groaned, sitting down next to her bed. 

"Tzuyu, I'm fine." I heard her giggle.

"Yeah." I stood up and dusted off my pants, pretending that I wasn't fearing for my girlfriend's life. "I thought you'd find that funny while you're under the weather." 

"Well, thank you Tzuyu." 

"No problem. I'll leave you alone so you can sleep. Also because I'm not worried. I can totally just go do whatever for the next four hours. I don't care." I gathered the packet that I brought in, and the medicine. She should drink some of that water while I'm out.

"Wait, babe." She called weakly, making me look up.

"Yeah?" 

"Thanks." 

"No problem. I'm not worried, you're not worried, we're fine." I smiled, leaving and closing the door quietly. 

 

The time came to administer medicine again, and I was counting down the minutes. Actually, I've been counting down the minutes for a long time. I was doing research on what her fever could mean, along with getting extra information on the side effects of the medicine, always checking the time. I was taking notes more furiously than I ever did in school, and learning a ton of new Korean words. At 12:10, I grabbed the medicine, and knocked on her door. Her roommates were awake now, but they were in the living room. 

"Come in." I heard Sana call. I entered, and it didn't seem like she had any of the water. 

"Sana. I left the water there for you to drink." 

"I know. I didn't feel like it...I'm not thirsty." She yawned (adorably). 

"Fine. I don't care." My fist clenched in worry. She needs to drink that water, but I'm not worried. I can't be worried around her...argh!! "Just take this when I tell you. It'll be three seconds after twelve-fourteen, since you took it early last time."

"Why not take it at twelve-fourteen?"

"It needs to be exact." 

"When they say exactly every four hours, they don't mean the seconds." She sighed. "Or even minutes, honestly, just give it to me." 

"Sana, you're an idiot. It's-" I checked the time. "-twelve-thirteen! Get ready, hold on...

...

It's twelve-fourteen! One - Sana! Not again!" I sat on the floor again. "Why are you trying to kill yourself?"

"I'm not?" She giggled. "It's a couple of seconds, Tzuyu." 

"But...it said...argh!" I ruffled my hair in frustration. "I. Am not. Worried. If you're trying to get tenesmus, that's not my problem."

"What's tenesmus?" 

"Not telling you. Because I don't care. I'm not worried." I grabbed the pills and left. 

But as soon as I left, I ran to the living room. 

"Jihyo!" I whispered/yelled. 

"Yeah?" She looked up from playing a card game with Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, and Mina. 

"Please go tell Sana what tenesmus is, and make her drink her water." 

"So, go do everything that you wanna do?" I nodded. "Why? Can't you do it since, oh I don't know, you're only her girlfriend?" 

"If she knows I'm worried, she'll get worried sick." 

"It's a figure of speech, Tzuyu." 

"Just go." I pointed in the direction of Sana's room. Jihyo sighed and left. I waited outside Sana's room. 

"Sana, you have a fever. Drink your water." I heard Jihyo order Sana.

"I'm not thirsty." That comeback again.

"Drink it anyways. Also, tenesmus is when you get so constipated that it hurts, and no matter how much you go to the bathroom, you will always feel the urge to poop- What does this medicine have to do with that anyways?!" It's a side effect of bowel inflammation which is a side effect of the medicine! Jihyo, you idiot!

"Did Tzuyu send you in here?" 

"No, apparently she's not worried." Jihyo sighed. "Just drink the water, and use the bathroom when you need to." No! Tell her about the bowel inflammation!!

"...and you were listening." Jihyo sighed when she stepped out of the room. She closed the door. "You need to stop worrying so much."

____________________________

A/N: 2447 words. im finishing this in a part 2. hold on folks.