Numbers [SaiDa]

Twice Gay Fest

Sana P.O.V.

We were having measurements done for our costumes for our next performance. I glanced over at Dahyun, in only her underwear and bra--

"So, this is the bra and underwear you'll wear for the concert right? Different styles of underwear can affect your measurements." The stylist snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"Oh, yeah. This is what I'll wear for the concert." I shifted awkwardly as the stylist took my measurements and asked me many different...umm...uncomfortable things. Things that were necessary, but still extremely awkward to point out and explain.

"Okay, you're all done!" I walked over, and watched Jihyo write down everyone's measurements as the stylists leaned over to her and whispered them. They didn't want us to get self-conscious and try to lose weight-- then our costumes wouldn't fit properly. Out of curiosity, I peeked over her head, and looked at my measurements. About a ten-centimeter difference between my bust and waist...not terrible...but I'd like a stronger hourglass-i Dahyun's waist is ten centimeters less than mine! Actually, all of my girlfriend is about ten centimeters less than me! I pouted, looking at everyone else's measurements...but nobody's measurements were bigger than mine. I went to the closet, and took my clothes out. 

"Sana unnie, where are you going?" My little Dahyunnie whined. She was helping the stylist measure Chaeyoung, who was being jumpy due to her ticklishness. 

"I'll be back soon, Dahyunnie!" I called sweetly, pulling my pink sweater over my head, and stepping into my white skinny jeans. I could almost feel her pouting, but what am I to do? I know I'm not supposed to lose weight, but how could I not? If I put any weight on my girlfriend, I'd break her bones! I stepped out of the practice room that everyone was getting measured in, and went to the dance practice room that Momo was using. Momo and Jihyo were the first two done; that way, Momo could rehearse whatever dances she wanted, and Jihyo could help the other members get measured.

As I neared the room, I heard the bass thumping from inside. I pounded on the door so she might be able to hear my knock, then opened the door.

"Hey Momo." I called, sliding down against the wall.

"Heyy, Sana! What's wrong, kiddo?" She chuckled, brushing her bangs off of her forehead. She jogged over to where I sat, and plopped down on the ground next to me.

"My measurements are so big..." I whined, laying my head on her lap. She sighed, then took out her phone.

"Dahyun-ah. It's Momo. Your girlfriend is being insecure." I heard a muffled voice on the other side. "I'm in my usual dance practice room. You know where it is, right? Okay good. See you in a minute or less." She put her phone on the ground. "I'm not good with this stuff. I mean, with Mina, we usually don't get worried about stuff like this."

"Because you're both really passionate dancers and you dance all the-"

"Sana unnie!" Dahyun slammed open the door, with her hair is frizzy as could be, her light pink blouse barely pulled over her chest, and her grey skirt barely over her hips. I jumped up, pulled her in, and started fixing her outfit.

"Dahyunnie..." I cooed, pulling her blouse down for her. "There was no reason to rush here."

"But unnie..." She whined.

"There's another empty practice room between this one and the one you were getting measured in. You two go be gay in that one so my room stays PG." Momo chuckled at her own joke, as I just stuck my tongue out at her.

We left Momo's room, and heard the bass pounding again just as we reached the room she told us to use. I opened the door for her, and we went in. We sat on the floor.

"So, what's wrong?" Dahyun scooched close to me, our shoulders touching.

"My measurements..."

"Oh, babe..." She cooed. "They're just numbers."

"But, well, I'm bigger than you...I'm bigger than pretty much all of the members!" I groaned, laying on my backon the floor. 

"So? We're all really thin. It's not bad to be-"

"Yes it is. My girlfriend is at least ten centimeters smaller than me in every mmeasurement!"  

"So? That doesn't make my body good. I don't have any curves, but you do. I'd pick curves over thinness any day, unnie." 

"But..."

"But nothing. You're perfect just the way you are. I don't care about numbers. I care about what's in your heart and your brain." 

"Dahyun..." I whined, pulling her on top of me. "You're so sweet."

"Anything for you, babe." She giggled. "Besides, you're really comfortable to sleep on." She faked a yawn. 

"You're so weird." I giggled, rubbing her back. 

__________________________

A/N: Shorter than usual because it's almost midnight and I'm very tired. Also, based off of my insecurity about my measurements yikes me getting measured for a traditional dress from Vietnam because my cousin works in the diplomacy department and just got out of Tanzania and is now stationed in Vietnam. He's pretty cool. But, yeah! Hope you enjoyed! And this is really hypocritical, but you're more than your measurements or your weight. They're numbers, and have no say over your character, your work ethic, or your happiness.