Of Flu Season and Vaccines [SaTzu]

Twice Gay Fest

Tzuyu P.O.V.

"Still sick?" Jihyo whispered gently, pressing the back of her hand to my forehead. 

"I'm sorry..." I rolled over in shame. I hadn't been able to attend dance practices or vocal practices or leave my bed, for that matter, because of the flu. Idols really should make sure to get any and all vaccinations possible...but I was too scared of needles, so I begged manager eonnie to not force me. She didn't, but now I really wish I had just it up and gotten vaccinated. I was the only one in TWICE who didn't get a flu vaccine, and now I was paying for it. 

"It's okay, I just...I hate leaving you here by yourself. What if you throw up, or get too high of a fever, or-"

"It's fine, eonnie." I sighed. 

"No, it's not. I'm having Sana stay and-"

"No. Not Sana, please...I don't want her to see me like this." I pleaded. 

"What's wrong with how you are now? You're still our visual..." 

"I keep sniffling and blowing my nose, and when I cough it sounds so gross and gutteral... I lost all the color in my skin, I have dark circles under my eyes, my lips are dry and chapped, and I've barely been able to leave my bed, so I can't even brush my hair." 

"You can't keep Sana away forever...She's worried. She's your girlfriend, you know, you can't keep-"

"I'll apologize in person once I feel better and look less gross." 

"Alright." She sighed. "I'm having her stay home and care for you, whether you like it or not." 

"Please, eonnie-" She gave my shoulder a gentle pat, and left my room, leaving the door open for Sana. 

"Take care of her, please. You're staying here for dance practice. You've got everything down. You can run through stuff in the living room if you feel the need to, but Tzuyu looks like she's on death's doorstep, so I'd advise cooking her something and keeping her hydrated." I heard Jihyo explain to Sana in the hallway. 

"Of course...Do I still need to follow diet restrictions for her today, or..." I heard my angel of a girlfriend's voice.

"No, she hasn't been eating much. She says is too swollen to eat well, so you can pretty much ignore her diet restrictions. Just use common sense, though...Last time I let you guys have a free day, the amount of candy and fried foods you ate..."

"Of course. I'll make sure she gets a lot of oranges and vitamins. I'll make some warm soup as well." I smiled slightly to myself, remembering Sana's cooking...

"Thanks. I'll go get in the van with the other girls. Take care, both of you!" Jihyo called, closing the front door, making sure to lock it. I heard Sana's slippers sliding against the floor as she approached my room. 

She can't see me like this. 

I pulled the blankets above my head, and curled into a little ball underneath them. I hoped she wouldn't be able to notice me, or assume I was sleeping. 

"I heard you pull the blankets up, babe." She sighed. I groaned, holding the blankets tightly, so she couldn't get them off of me to see me in this state. "Fine. Don't get a kiss." I heard her whine. "It's not like I haven't missed my girlfriend or anything..."

"I'll get you sick." I grumbled. 

"Dummy, I got the flu vaccine, and you have the flu. It's fine. At least tell me what you want to eat." 

"I don't wanna." I whined.

"What a little kid..." I heard an adorable giggle from her. I peeked out from under the covers at her, hoping to catch a glimpse of my girlfriend after two days. She saw me peering out, and jumped onto my bed. She yanked the covers down to my shoulders. "What do you wanna eat, cutie?" 

"I'm gross, put the covers back..." I whimpered, trying to pull the blankets from her hands. 

"No. You're my adorable little Chewy, and I'm gonna feed you. So what do you want to eat?" She pecked my cheek, before laying down on top of me. Her legs straddled my hips, and she held herself above me by her elbows, while keeping a strong hold on the blankets with her hands. I swear, if I wasn't sick I would've attacked her cute face with kisses...

"Can you just bring me a mask at least...?" 

"Of course." She moved to get up, but I pulled on her shirt. "Don't get up, though." 

"Aww, did my little Tzuyu miss me?" She giggled, and pecked my forehead. "Oh, wow, you're really warm..." 

"I feel cold, and, yes, of course I missed you." 

"I'm so sorry, Tzuyu. I shouldn't have listened when you said you didn't want me to see you like this..." 

"No, no, it's not your fault." 

She pouted, and laid her head on my chest. I ran my fingers through her hair, grateful to have my girlfriend so close to me again. "You know, Tzuyu...I really, really do love you." 

"I-umm...I-"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get you worked up." She chuckled, but it seemed drier than usual. 

"No, I...I love you." 

"I'm not forcing you to say it, it's fine-"

"I love you. I do." I cut her off. She lifted her head and looked at me, giggling, before laying her head back down. 

"I'm making you comfort me when you're sick...you're like, it's really cheesy but, my knight in shining armor..." She giggled again, against my chest. 

"All you need to do to help me get better is to be with me." I chuckle, ruffling her hair gently. 

"Thanks, Tzuyu- Oh!" She bolted upright. "I got sidetracked. You're probably hungry, aren't you? Want me to make some soup? Jihyo gave me permission to feed you whatever I want, regardless of your diet restrictions, so-"

"But, you'll leave..." I whimpered. 

"But everyone else in the dorm has a flu vaccine, so if you move to the couch, you won't get anyone sick~" She shimmied her shoulders in absolute cuteness. "I'll even carry you to the couch, you won't even have to sit up or anything."

"No, I can-" I tried sitting up, only to fall back down. "I'm so dizzy..." I felt the covers get pushed off of me. The cold air was soon replaced with Sana's warm arms wrapped around my body, holding me close. 

"You haven't been eating, at least that's what Jihyo told me." She scolded me softly as she carried me to the couch. She set me down gently, gave me a quick peck on my lips, before running to her room and bringing me her clean blankets. "You've been in bed for the past two days. I'll wash your pillows and sheets and blankets after I cook some soup." She wrapped me in the blankets as if I were a little cocoon.

"Didn't you just wash these yesterday?" I croaked, before grimacing at the crackles in my voice. I covered my mouth.

"You sound so thirsty, you poor thing..." She brought me water and started peeling a bunch of tangerines for me. "You should snack on this before I'm done making the soup...it might take a while. And yeah, I washed these yesterday, but you need them more."

"Thanks-"

"Open." She held a piece of tangerine in fornt of my mouth. I let her feed me.

Being sick never felt so good.

____________________

A/N: Guess who's scared of needles? This author. Who was too scared to get a flu vaccine? This author. Who is now feeling absolutely horrible? This author. Why? The flu is an evil, evil thing. 

Wrote SaTzu fluff, not only because it was requested, but because who DOESN'T feel better after some SaTzu???

Hope you're all fighting off illnesses well. It's in the 60s (Farenheit) in Chicago, but I can't enjoy the weather. Make sure to eat many fruits and vegetables, and actively try to prevent getting sick. It . Get a lot of sleep, too, a lack of sleep weakens your body and, by extension, your immune system, so PLEASE take good care of yourselves. 

OH and sorry for not updating, I've been really busy with school. AP tests are coming up in May...  ; ^ ; (Doesn't seem like much, but idk, I worry that I'll end up carmming the week before, and that's not fun). And my jazz band has been doing a lot of performances, and jazz performances aren't anywhere near over, so I've been working on that, too.