Fake It 'Till You Make It [ChaeYu]

Twice Gay Fest

Chaeyoung P.O.V.

"Fake it 'till you make it." That's what my parents always told me. Basically, if you pretend to have good grades, eventually, by pretending to be a good student, you'll actually get those good grades. So that's what I did...except now I was doing it with my love life.

As an idol, you really don't get much time to think about your love life. You get crushes, think people are hot, but then you realize that you have a job to do. You also realize that the small percentage of fans that will get mad over you not dating them, are the reason why companies have dating bans in the first place. 

Except now, I had my eyes set on Tzuyu. Not really now, per se, but actually ever since I first saw her. It's corny, but, she was gorgeous. As we got to know each other, I genuinely began to feel my crush on her strengthen and strengthen until, well, now. 

"Chaeyoungie!" She groaned from her bed. I chuckled, knowing she was probably beyond frustrated with her Korean homework. 

"Yes, honey?" I cooed, as if she were my girlfriend. Yes, I treat Chou Tzuyu as if she was my girlfriend, when I doubt she even comprehends the suggestions I'm sending her way. It's not that she's dull, though, not at all. If I spoke like this in her native language, she'd realize what I'm trying to tell her in seconds. In Korean, however, no. It's been about a week since it first slipped, and she never reacted harshly. So, in order to relieve some of the pain in my heart from just wanting to call her mine, I've done just that. 

"Chaeng, I don't get this. Why are these words so similar?!" She underlined two words in her book: Sarang, and Saram. 

"They're not that different." That earned me a glare. 

"I keep getting them wrong when I speak...and finals are coming up, and the Korean final has a speaking portion, so if I can't-"

"Okay, babe." I giggled, laying down next to her on her bed. "Saram is person, you know? And sarang is love." She nodded. "So...okay. The i-eung of sarang...think of it as...it's undefined. It's a circle with no clear corners or sides. Mi-eum, on the other hand-"

"Is clearly defined. I know." 

"Let me finish. It's easy to define a person, and to tell whether a person is a person or not. There's clear-cut biological ways to determine that. Love is different. Love is difficult to define, like how i-eung is a circle with no defined sides."

"Oh...thanks, Chaeng unnie." Am I imagining things or is she blushing...? "You think a lot about love, don't you?"

"M-Me? I guess, but who doesn't?"

"True...I think a lot about love, too." She sighed. "That doesn't help so much with the speaking portion, though...I mean-"

"Then let's just practice saying it, and I'll be really critical of your pronounciation. You'll totally ace this final, little Chewy-ah!" 

"M'kay. Thank you so much, unnie. I know you have finals, too..."

"No problem.  Now repeat after me. Sarang."

"Saran."

"Close. But there's an -ng sound at the end that you're forgetting." 

"Ugh...fine, say it again."

"Sarang." 

"Sarannng." 

"Aww, babe, you're so cute!" I squealed, nuzzling my face into her neck before pulling back and correcting her. "But you made the -ng too long this time. You sound adorable, but, sadly, I don't think teachers give out extra credit for aegyo." I giggled, and she...I'm sure of it now, she's totally blushing!

"Can you say it again?" 

"Sarang." I looked into her dark brown eyes, and lost all of my self-control. "Saranghae." 

"Saranghae...? I thought we were just doing one word..." She giggled. "You're so cute sometimes, unnie."

"You said that so well!" I gaped at her perfect pronounciation of "saranghae". 

"Well, when you put the one sound at the end with nothing to hide it, it's really hard." She chuckled. "I've also practiced that one a lot." 

"Why? Does my little Chewy have a crush?" I cooed, shimmying my shoulders and unleashing my ultimate aegyo - to hide my crushed heart because I'm nearly one-hundred percent sure that my pretend-girlfriend Tzuyu is totally straight.

"Y-Yeah..." She looked down at her book. "Can we keep working...?" She whispered the last part. 

"What's wrong? It's not like you have to tell me or anything." I rubbed her shoulder lovingly. 

"Unnie...It's wrong, though." 

"What is?" 

"I like a girl..." She whimpered, reaching for my hand. I massaged her hand with my thumb, shuffling closer to her. 

"It may seem wrong, but-"

"It's even worse than that, though. She's in our group...Unnie, I'm such a creepy-"

"You're not creepy!" I pulled her face to look at me. Tears were beginning to fill her eyes. "You're our maknae, you could never be creepy. Actually, maknae or not, liking a girl isn't creepy, even if that girl is in our group." 

"Thanks..." I wiped gently under her eyes to dry any tears that could have possibly escaped. 

"No worries, Chewy-ah." I kissed her forehead. "Now, can you say 'saram' for your unnie? You've got exams coming up soon, so focus on those before getting stressed out over other things."

"Saran." 

"Aww, you're too cute! You said that the same way as you first said 'sarang', though..." I chuckled, as she just pouted. "Do I need to say it again?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Unnie! Guess what I got on my final~" Tzuyu jumped on my bed. 

"Nnng...babe..." I groaned, flopping myself over, and curling myself tighter in my blankets. 

"Unnie! It's an A!" 

"Good job, Chewy-ah..." I forced a sleepy smile, and held her hand for a moment. "I'm proud of you." 

"And...I know that this is really out of the blue, and that you'll probably be upset with me...but..."

"But what?" 

"Saranghaeyo unnie...Jeongmal saranghaeyo..." She placed her hand over mine. 

I bolted up, pulled her into my bed, and held her tightly...as tightly as I possibly could. I wrapped both my arms and legs around her slender frame, burying my face into her hair. She didn't respond at first, but soon wrapped her arms around me as well. 

"I love you, too." I cooed to her.

_______________________

A/N: Ha! I have to go back to studying now.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed a little thing of ChaeYu, even though it's probably poorly written, since I didn't really proofread, and I'm tired, but it's not bad...I think. And for those of you who have finals soon (I DO), good luck! Get a lot of sleep, eat well, and don't study too much <3