Archetict Kwon

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02 | Architect Kwon

 

:::

 

Architect Kwon Yoong, the most sought after bachelor Architect in Chicago. Handsome, charismatic, sweet, very generous and... troublemaker?

 

"Yoong, someone is looking for you."

 

"Hmm..." He already heard it, but he's still so into his dreams that he wants to continue with his sleep. He ignores the knock and the call, literally.

 

Outside, his father, Kwon Yul is trying to wake his son up by banging into the door continuously. He pretty much know he wouldn't wake up that easy. He's 26, but he still act so childish most of the time.

 

Couldn't take it any longer, he went back to his room, took the second key from his drawer and returned to his son's room, so he can open it easily. He walked inside and saw his son, hiding underneath the blanket. "When are you planning to get up there? Someone is looking for you outside."

 

Upon hearing his father clearly, Yoong can no longer delay any more. He groaned as he involuntarily kicked his blanket off of him, sitting up in the process with a disheveled hair. "Who?"

 

"I don't know. He wouldn't tell me not until you see him." Yul said, suspiciously eyeing his son. "Did you do something again?"

 

"You should have told him I'm still sleeping." Mumbles Yoong, getting off of the bed, forcefully. He headed to the door, rubbing his hair. "My dream is so good, I can't return to that anymore. This is all your fault."

 

Yul let out a sigh. "I told him that too, but he said, he wants to wait until you wake up. He's too stubborn, just like you." He smacked his son's head, earning a glare. "Fix your problem first!" He mocked.

 

"I don't even have a problem." Mumbles Yoong, as he went downstairs with his father tailing behind. Just as he saw who it was, he quickly went behind his father, who's taller than him. "Appa, that's the owner of the car I broke last night. What is he doing here?!"

 

Yul eventually pulled his son and pushed him forward. "I told you, fix it in your own. You're 26 already!" He then climbed upstairs, leaving his son with the man. He knew it already though. He just pretended so his son will come downstairs.

 

As soon as his father was out of sight, Yoong returned his attention to the guy, sitting on the couch with his arms crossing on his chest. Eyes are tantalizing. He scoffed and, "What are you doing here, Heechul-ah?" asks in a cold tone, that the same as his mother.

 

The mentioned guy stood up and wiggles his fingers. "You promise me last night, Yoong." as a smirk appeared in his lips.

 

"Promise? I don't seem to remember. But wait, that was an accident. I didn't mean to crash my motorbike in your car." Yoong couldn't actually believe Heechul is asking for money. "Who would be so stupid to risk a life?"

 

"Accident? My car was in the side of the road and you crashed on it. I've heard you planned to even burn my car. Is that an accident?" Heechul countered. "If it wasn't for Lay, you would be in the hospital now. I need money so I can repair it. Come on, I know you have a lot of money there. You've been doing well in your firm, aren't you?"

 

Yoong chuckled sarcastically. "Who says I will burn your car? Do you have a reason for me to do that? Should it be you giving me money instead? For stealing my design and sell it to-"

 

Heechule abruptly grabs Yoong's collar. "You give me the money, or not?" he fiercely asked, as their faces are inches apart.

 

Yoong's arms are just hanging low. "No." as came his dry response.

 

Heechul raise his fist and launches it forward to Yoong's cheek when he heard a voice, he stopped, inches apart from his cheek.

 

"Heechul, let go of my son." It was Yul, who had been listening upstairs. "Let's talk this out. My house is not for any violence." He added, pulling his son through his arm, forcefully.

 

"Really? Appa?" Yoong stared to his father's face in disbelief.

 

"He broke my car, Mister Kwon. I can't let this pass." Heechul angrily said, earning the doe-eyed boy's laugh. Yet, his father covered his mouth, shutting him up.

 

"Did you get any injury?" came Yul's question, as he gesture it with his hands.

 

"N-No. But my car-"

 

"Just like my son has told you, It was an accident. So why are you asking him?"

 

Yoong snickers upon hearing his father.

 

"I think I should ask you for money instead, because you didn't seem to care in bringing him to the hospital?" Yul proceeds, pointing to the door. Asking for this guy to leave his house.

 

Heechul cursed. He wanted to fight back, but seeing himself, alone, he couldn't care less. "We're not yet done." He practically left the house animatedly.

 

Yoong was about to thank his father when he receives a smack on his head. "Ouch!" he ends up rubbing his head. "It was truly an accident! I lose my control, Appa!" heck, he should defend himself.

 

"I wasn't talking about that! I am talking about how you lied to me last night! You had a bruise in your knee! I almost thought you just had it by bumping into the wall! How stupid am I to think like that?!" Yul exclaimed, cursing under his breath. He attempted to smack his forehead again, but he changed his mind. He flicks his forehead rather. "Freshen up! You haven't breakfast!" He said and left upstairs.

 

Uncovering his head, Yoong only watched his father, going upstairs. He chuckled and flopped to the couch rather than complying.

 

"Don't make me spank you again, Kwon Yoong!" Yul yelled out loud, which made his son to quickly move upstairs, going to his room in the process. He hissed and crossed his arms. He would surely have early wrinkles if Yoong won't stop creating trouble. He doesn't know to stop him anyhow. That kid, he becomes like that ever since he and his mother divorced. He shrugs and went back to his room.

 

-

 

"Nope. I have to meet clients. How about you?" Yoong asks like he is just talking with his brother. When he's even the only child.

 

"Yoong, have you thought about going back to Seoul?"

 

The doe-eyed boy only shook his head without giving a glance his father.

 

"How about a vacation somewhere? Just not in Seoul. I haven't seem to see you taking a break son?" Yul is concerned how his only son is just working, going on a motorbike race, clubbing, and then work again. His life is just going in circles. He is like locking himself in one place only, Chicago. Although there are clients from other parts of the world, he wouldn't like going with them. He would always say, he loves his place.

 

"I am happy with what is going on in my life, Appa. I don't need to go out of this country." Said Yoong before he bite on his ham. His eyes returned to his phone that was resting next to his plate, as he received a message from his friend.

 

"Aren't you evnvy of your cousin Luhan? He loves to explore the world.

 

"Luhan has no job, he only invests in those companies in order to live... Of course, he would like going around the place. When it was easy only for him to earn money." Yoong smiled as he replied to a text message.

 

Yul sighed, looking at his son in disbelief. However, he felt proud because he can see how his son is working hard. Not surprising that he is now an architect. He seemingly can provide his needs once he is no longer working as well. "Who are you texting though?" He finally had a bite of his ham, as he curiously peeks on the screen of his phone.

 

"Heechul." Yoong chuckled.

 

"What the. You have to stop contacting with him. He seems not good influence for you."

 

"I am just playing. Of course I am not going to hang out with this gay anymore." Yoong did not hesitate and called Heechul gay.

 

"You seriously need to refrain being talkative." Yul shake his head out of disbelief. His son really says what's in his mind.

 

"He is really gay, Appa. There's no question about his moves."

 

"He nearly punched you, remember?"

 

Yoong scoffed. "Not all gay can't punch. Of course he's still a guy. But only a little percent. The rest, his blood is gay." his brows playfully wiggling.

 

"Aish, shut up with that gay. So what time are you going out?"

 

"To meet my clients?" Yoong finally put aside his phone.

 

"What else?"

 

"Before lunch."

 

"Where?"

 

"Golf club nearby."

 

"Nationality?"

 

Yoong literally chuckled. "What is this? Interview? Or what?"

 

"I'm just making sure that it's indeed a client. Who knows, you're texting Heechul so you guys could meet and continue the talk of money?" Yul suspiciously stared again to his son's face.

 

"I already have enough earlier. Why would I meet with a traitor? Aish, you're so silly." Yoong stood up and picked up his plate, walking to the sink in the process.

 

"Then it's really a client. In a weekend." Yul mocked. He knows his son's schedule is from Monday to Friday only. So he wanted to make sure it's another work he'll be out. He stood up and also put his plate on the sink.

 

"How about you? You haven't tell me where are you going today?" Yoong side-eyed playfully his father. That was just nearly height with him. He's just smaller a little with him though. "Don't tell me library again? I swear, you are about to break the Guinness book of world records for reading each book in a library!"

 

"No! I'm going to visit your grandpa's new opened restaurant. You should come with me rather than working." Yul was about to reached for his son's plate when the latter slapped it away.

 

"I'll take this. And yours." Yoong flashed a toothy grin.

 

"Or why don't you come later after your meeting, son?" Yul suggested. He crossed his arms and waited for the young boy's answer.

 

"I'll see what I can do. Lay wants me to help him with his design later too." Yoong sighed. As much as he wanted to also enjoy the weekend, he can't disappoint his best friend.

 

"Lay is working today too?"

 

"He has a project that needs to be presented to the client tomorrow. He's already in the finish part, but he doesn't want to finish it all without my opinion." Yoong turned his head to his father. "Maybe next weekend, I can visit grandpa." He assuredly smiled.

 

"There's no problem of that." Yul ruffles his son's hair. "I'll be upstairs only to change. Be back later." And went away before his son could say his response.

 

The moment his father was out of sight, Yoong took his phone from the table and checks the message again that he received from his Uncle.

 

Uncle Jung: Yoong, your mother is looking for an Architect for her new project. Don't you want to go home and help her? I know you are still mad about her, but at this moment, she needed you. I hope you consider my offer.

 

Instead of keeping it, he deleted the message right away. Going home is out of his vocabulary. Why would he? Besides, it's not only him who has the skills to help his mother. There are a lot of architect out there that is even better. He would never take that offer. Never in his life.

 

Placing his phone inside his pocket, he resumed washing the dishes.

 

As he went upstairs after washing, he knocked on his father's room, since he noticed he hadn't come out.

 

"Come in."

 

With that cue, he slowly opened the door and walks inside. He laugh, as he finally realized what took his father to come out. He is basically having a hard time to choose what's the best hat. "Yah! They're all just the same Appa!"

 

"It's your grandpa I am going to meet. That dude will always pick on me when it comes to my fashion sense." Yul stated as a fact, as he keeps on replacing the hat, standing in front of the mirror.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter