Phone Call

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05 | Phone Call

 

:::

 

 

"Do you know any best clu..."

 

Don't you ever go to any clubs.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun turned her head to the driver's seat, upon hearing something from the doe-eyed, who's now driving them, instead of her.

 

Yoong had a sheepish smile as he glances to the younger girl. "Hehe, nothing." He changed his mind when he was reminded by his father's words. He promised he would stop doing there now, in return for his trouble.

 

"I think I heard you say something." Seohyun is confused. She's really sure of it, but he is telling otherwise.

 

"The wind must be just playing tricks on you." Yoong lied lamely. Since they decided to put the roof down, the wind can be freely feel against their faces.

 

"The wind can speak?" An innocent face was plastered in the younger girl.

 

Although it sounded like she doesn't mean it, Yoong felt like Seohyun had tell him something offended. But he keep it to himself.

 

Seohyun brushes it off and put her head on top of her two folded arms, leaning into that window while she's savoring the wind, touching her face. It makes her relax.

 

"I'm not going home straight. So tell me where do you usually go if you want to relax?" Yoong voice out his concern after couple of seconds of silence.

 

"I don't go out a lot." Replied Seohyun, not opening her eyes. "So I can't recommend."

 

Glancing, Yoong let out a soft chuckle upon realizing the girl next to her is enjoying the ride. "Han River, Perhaps?"

 

"It's traffic there." Seohyun's voice came low. "Let's just go home, please."

 

"I seriously don't like to go home yet. It isn't even sun set." Yoong sighs. The truth is, he wanted to avoid having an awkward stare again with his mother. He better go home once it's dinner time.

 

"Omo." Suddenly, Seohyun was reminded by her boss' medicine. She took her phone out from her pocket and opened the conversation she had with the latter. But she slowly changed her mind when she reads a message that just came.

 

"Is there something wrong? It looks like your invisible boyfriend call it quits for the both of you." Yoong noticed the look in Seohyun's eyes and did not missed to made fun. Before he can hear her response, he added, "Or is it Mom? Telling you now to quit and be a clown instead?"

 

Seohyun breath in and breath out... Breath in and breath out... While close her eyes. Technically, doing breathing exercises in order to release that building up inside her. Yeah, Yoong's words never cease to make her pissed. It wasn't even that long when he quit doing it. And yet now, he's on it again. 'Ignore... Ignore... Ignore the devil besides you... Ignore... Ignore... Ignore... The devil besides you...' she keeps on chanting inside her mind, as she continues her breathing exercise.

 

An amusing smile can be seen in the doe-eyed as he keep on glancing to her side while not losing her focus to the road. The least he can do while he doesn't yet want to go home. And to be honest, he doesn't know what road he is taking. He just want to drive and drive, killing the time left before sunset.

 

As Seohyun finally finished her meditation, she put her eyes back to her phone she's holding in both hands.

 

"Want some dessert?"

 

But just as she wants to reply, she accidentally dropped her phone when the car turned without her knowing. '.' she literally cursed under her breath, picking up her device under her. She turned to him, but instead of what she expects to be, she can see him grinning on her own. Her eyes are on the road, as if he actually just spotted something? Before she knows it, she saw a McDonald's, and this doe-eyed guy is carefully bringing them in the drive thru. "Are you hungry already?" She asks, quizzically.

 

"Nah. Just want to have some dessert."

 

"You haven't dinner yet, Yoong-ssi." She got concern out of a sudden. "A dessert before dinner is not good." She told him knowingly. "You can no longer have appetite."

 

Yoong glanced only to the young girl, flashing a childish smile. He then stopped the car and rolled the window over.

 

'Eh?' Seohyun is dumbfounded. She hasn't seen that childlike smile from him. Today is the first, no doubt. Which she definitely likes.

 

"McFlurry with Oreo, please. Two orders." Yoong had his order without giving Seohyun a chance to contradict. As soon as the staff went away to his order, he returned to Seohyun, only to see her blank face. "Don't worry, it's the best dessert you could ever have." He assured her.

 

"You sure with that?" Seohyun pout her lips disappointingly.

 

"I just ordered it."

 

Sighing audibly, She face-palmed briefly and leaned to her seat. She turned to her and pout towards him.

 

Yoong giggles in amusement. But he knows she couldn't argue about it anymore.

 

"Here's your order, Sir." Upon hearing the call, Yoong hastily took his credit card and handed it. He got the plastic bag and handed the other to the younger girl.

 

"You know, this is the best dessert I've ever tasted. Appa and I likes to eat this always. Every time we spotted a McDonald's of course." Yoong couldn't hide his excitement and shared his thoughts while he began savoring the taste of the dessert.

 

The younger of the two finds herself watching in amazement, barely could put the head of the spoon to her open mouth. She's like watching another person in this doe-eyed boy's body. More like, the child version? She must be just dreaming - so she shook her head, in case it will disappear. But no, it was still there. He was still like a child. Sigh. 'How can someone so cocky, hard headed, annoying, transformed like a child? He's cute.' An unconscious smile formed in her lips.

 

"Ah..." Suddenly, Yoong thought of feeding the dazed younger girl, he offers his spoon.

 

Seohyun's cheeks automatically turned a shade red. She hurriedly turned away before she'll be caught blushing.

 

"You don't like the dessert, do you?" Yoong bite on it instead.

 

"Desserts are the best, likewise." Came Seohyun's low response. She bit her lip to suppress that big smile in her face.

 

Yoong shrugs and continue helping himself with his favorite dessert of all time.

 

 

***

 

 

An hour and fifteen minutes of drive, Yoong pulled the car over right in front of the mansion. While he unbuckled his seat belt, he heard a loud snore, which made him turn to the side. He mentally reminds himself he's still with this annoying girl. And she's apparently sleeping, lips are parting, creating snores. Doesn't want to wake her up without touching, he leaned in to her face and whispers, "Silly girl, open your eyes in three... Two... One."

 

As if she heard his voice, her eyes opened slowly but surely. Yoong widened his eyes and promptly composed himself, before the latter can catch him. He was totally flustered.

 

Seohyun hummed while she's trying to return back to normal. A huge yawn can be seen in , as she stretched her arms. Heck, she hit someone with her hand. "O-Ommo! Sorry." She hurriedly apologized as she retracted back her hand, grinning awkwardly. "Hehe."

 

Yoong's icy glare was there again after this girl next to him, hit his nose. Although she doesn't seem to mean it, it hurt him a little. 

 

"Yoo..." Seohyun couldn't continue anymore when the doe-eyed stepped out of the car just like that. She groggily left the car and tried to caught up with him when Chairman Jung meet with her son half way. She her back, and wait for them to finish their conversation.

 

"I don't have appetite anymore. I'll eat later if I have it back. Just let Joohyun eat with you." 

 

Unfortunately, the doe-eyed just end it right away. He walk passes at his mother immediately.

 

Seohyun slowly turned and find the blonde's stunned face. "Good evening, Ma'am. Have you eaten?" She awkwardly asks.

 

"Freshen up and see me in the dining." Came Jessica's casual reply, as she went back inside.

 

Seohyun took a deep breath and... Exhaled so loud. "Here we go again." She slowly moved inside as well. 

 

--

 

Jessica only had to wait for 30 minutes before Seohyun appeared on her pair of pajamas already. But instead of taking her seat, she handed the pill and a glass of water. Likewise, she's thinking about her health.

 

She can simply comply and gesture her to take her seat.

 

"I'm sorry again, Ma'am. Yoong, he's stubborn. He doesn't want to go home right away. So we end up going around Seoul, library, Myeondung, park, arcade center, stopping by the bridge and we had street foods. Might be the reason he has no more appetite. I swear, I tried to stop him, but you know how hard headed stubborn he is." Seohyun ends her long speech with a little smile appearing in her face. Although weak, she doesn't want to be obvious that she's exhausted.

 

"You don't have to. Or you don't need to. I know my son, too well. It wasn't surprising. Eat up while the food is still hot." Jessica said, as she also takes her utensils in both hands. It's not bad, her effort in cooking for her son's favorite wasn't wasted, with Seohyun joining her in the table. And it looks like her cook hasn't yet change. It's still delicious. Base on the young girl's expressions at the moment. She herself is starting to enjoy it.

 

'Did Ma'am Jessica cooked this?' However, Seohyun really noticed the taste of the chicken soup. It's not as the same taste when it's the chef. Although it's also delicious, there's something that was missing... salt? She glanced to the blonde, but the latter seems to enjoy it more than her. Well, not bad. She has a cancer, and shouldn't be eating a lot. 'I wonder if this is about her son? Oh no, so I am eating her son's favorite?'

 

"Penny of your thoughts, Miss Seo?" Jessica noticed her nurse is staring at her, causing for her to get distracted.

 

"Um, hehe... I-I was... just wondering if... it was you who cooked this, Ma'am?" Seohyun reluctantly speaks. She gulped silently of the liquid from the soup afterwards.

 

"You noticed? Is it bad?" Jessica frowns. She didn't expect the younger would even asked it. She thought she wouldn't noticed.

 

"Nope. It's actually delicious. Yet, it isn't the same as your chef. I mean, it's unique's taste. So... you do?"

 

Jessica rolled her eyes annoyingly. She hated it when her nurse cheerfully smile towards her. "Who else?"

 

"For... Sir Kwon?" Seohyun proceeds.

 

"Yeah... Can you mind on your food instead?! I'm still going to talk with you later in my office." Jessica irritatedly said, as she took her utensils again and turned her attention to the food.

 

Seohyun bowed in apologies and comply. 'I was just asking though. Is it actually bad to be curious? To think, I appreciate her effort for cooking. It's rare for her to do it. Aigoo, personality differs, indeed.'

 

Meanwhile, in Yoong's room, the doe-eyed boy is seen walking out of his bathroom after a long shower. With his towel wrapped only on his waist, he proceeds to his closet, opening it and searched for a good pair of pajamas. He changed into a pair of white pajamas, that has stars as a design. After that, he grabs his leather chair from his desk and took a seat, opening his laptop right away. But before he could even open a software AutoCAD, his stomach suddenly becomes noisy. He can't help it and groan. 

 

Glancing over the wall clock, it's already 9;30pm. So he and Seohyun arrived around 8. "Damn. Do I really I have to face her again?" mumbles him. But he eventually got up and went out of his room. The hallway is empty, as he made his way to the stairs. 

 

As soon as he reached the long stairs, he suddenly heard voices, coming form his mother and that silly girl. He panics, looking around to where he will be hiding. Once he saw a nearby plant, he hurriedly went there and hide.

 

Seohyun and Jessica are immensely chatting about 'food' as they made their way in the second floor, until they have reached the office. Yoong left his hiding spot, a bit confused.

 

"Why are they talking about food? Healthy foods?" But since no one can answer him, he just brush that off and hurriedly went downstairs. He went straight to the kitchen, knowing that they have already eaten their dinner. Like a thief, he is checking every pot he can see in the kitchen, until a voice startled him.

 

"Mister Kwon?"

 

He turned around and saw the chef with an amuse smile. Rubbing the back of his head, "I'm... I'm hungry now." He sheepishly admitted.

 

"Wait for me in the din--"

 

"No! I'll eat it here. Just serve the food." Yoong interrupted. He then pulled a  chair nearby and put his hands on top of the table. "I'll wait here." flashing a sheepish grin towards the chef.

 

The chef couldn't say a thing and just comply.

 

--

 

"You can still look after me though. That's not changing in the contract. The only thing that additional task is that, you have to report everything you and my son are doing in 100 days. Understood?"

 

Seohyun can't believe what she's reading. The blonde just give her another task, and in return, she added $10,000 in her salary. Although it's too much, it was a pressure for her. Knowing that her son can't even give her time to relax without pissing her off, what will she actually report? He always annoy her? He always pissed her off? Or... he always prank on her? It's not normal anymore. Sigh. "This is actually too much, Ma'am." She somehow doesn't want to take the task and the money.

 

"No. I have already signed that. Sign it so you can receive the additional salary." Jessica persistently pushed the contract. "I want to know what my son had been up to, so I can also know what to do with him." she added.

 

Looking down again to the contract, Seohyun shivers as she reluctantly signed on it. "T-Thank you. I'll try my best to meet your expectations." She said with a fake bright smile.

 

"You've been a good nurse, So I should be thankful." Jessica mutters, getting up and headed outside their office first, without waiting for her nurse.

 

Alone, Seohyun was in dazed, couldn't still somehow sync into her mind that she's about to receive big money for her salary later... but in return, she has to do well, both in being a nurse and as a company to her son. "Aish, I just realize there are two people I should look after, now." she wails, ruffling her hair frustratingly. "I'm going craaaaazy!!!" In the end, her head drops lifelessly on top of the wood desk.

 

"Nurse Seo, you're officially a human." she mumbles idiotically smiling at the same time.

 

'To be able for you to feel you're a human, you must do a lot of work.'

 

Just like her mother said to her when it was her first night shift in Seoul Hospital.

 

 

Day 10: I'm starting to feel the fatigue of this work.

Patience! Patience! Patience! I need that.

Soul of energy, posses me in the coming days!!! I NEED YOU THE MOST.

Fightiiiiiiing!

 

 

***

 

 

CRIIIIINGGGG~

 

Lazily like she went to bed last night, Seohyun slowly reached for her digital alarm clock, only to slapped it, shutting it down eventually. Her eyes are still so heavy, as she reached for her daily vitamins in the night stands, and put it on . Sitting up lazily, she grabs the reserve glass of water and drink it slowly but surely.

 

In that very moment also, she opened her eyes; blinking softly for a couple of times. After she had cleared her visions, she slowly get up, lowered herself to put her hand over the edge of her bed and do an exercise; launching down, then up. She keeps this process before she flipped and does a push up. She did for 10 times only, yet, she's already creating sweats coming from her forehead, and now streaming down her cheeks. She needs a strong body again, after what had been such a long day yesterday. With a newly tasks on the line, it keeps her more reason to be better with her job.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter