Goodbye

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

15 | Goodbye

 

:::


Jessica woke up in the middle of the night because her phone suddenly rings and she has this feeling it came from Yul.


Reaching for the device on top of the night stand, she opened it and a miss call from Yul appeared on the screen. But a message that was received have caught her attention more. She opened it and a message from the latter can be read as;

 

Yul: [I assume you are asleep now. Good night and sweet dreams, baby <3]

 

Jessica bit her lip, suppressing that smile that was forming in her lips. They're not officially back together but Yul is already treating her like they're. But her heart definitely love it.

 

Even though it had 15 minutes ago, She gets up and sent a reply.

 

To Yul:I just woke up. But I guess I'm sleeping later. Good night as well, Yul :)

 

Satisfied, she waited for a while if she'll received a response. And it did not fail her. Yul sent her a reply.

 

Yul: [I think I can sleep peacefully now. ^^]

 

Again, she bit her lip as she felt giddy inside. She toss her phone and casually lied down, still smiling like an idiot.

 

But it soon vanishe when her cancer crosses her mind. It made her get up and took her phone back. Tomorrow is honestly another chemo and another day to have a long discussion with her friend about it. So she sent Taeyeon a message in regards to her proposal about the transplant.

 

Stage 3 cancer isn't yet safe to say that she can survive, but there's definitely still a chance shr ca survive. She had enough from the past, there's no way she's going to give up. She's a fighter after all. One reason she decided to keep it from her family, she can fight for it and survive without them knowing.

 

After sending the message, she lie down again again, with a nother smile in her lips. But this time, it's a determination smile. That no one can takes it from her.

 

45 minutes later--she thought she will be falling asleep. But turns out not. 

 

Just like her nurse's advise, she kicks herself off of the bed and opens the night lamps. A huge yawm escaped as she stands up and casually walks to the door, walking out her room consequently.

 

She proceeds to the kitchen and look for the fresh milk. As soon as she got it, she takes her seat in a stall nearby and began drinking the milk in a glass.

 

Meanwhile, Yoong who still can't sleep too walked out his room hoping to grab some milk. But when he got there, he wasn't able walk inside the kitchen.

 

He finds himself watching his mother drinking milk with his heart beating fast, upon reminding the bad memories he experienced with her. It was sure not easy for him. He can't help it and let a single tear dropping. The scar in his heart would never be fixed. But the thoughts about 'forgiving' that Seohyun meant earlier crosses his mind, causing for him to question himself again. For him, it's still hard to do so as the events from the past would always haunt him.

 

'I'm sorry Mom, It's still so hard.'

 

Wiping off the tears from his cheeks and the corner of his eyes, he compose himself and exhaled quietly on his own. Then, he walked inside, greeting his mother with a sincere small smile. "Not yet sleepy, Mom?"

 

"Oh, Yoong." Came Jessica's greetings as well. "You're not yet sleeping too?"

 

"I'm sleeping later but I thought of grabbing some milk." Yoong replied as he casually takes his seat across his mother. "So, can I also grab some?"

 

"Sure. Hold on. I'll get you a glass." Jessica stands up and took a glass from the cabinet nearby. She went back handing the glass to her son, as she also takes her seat back.

 

"Mom, Can I ask you something?" Yoong thought it's a great idea to share what's been bugging him earlier.

 

"Hmm?" Jessica just hum as she pour the milk to her son's glass.

 

"I was... A bit... I mean... Bothered."

 

"Bothered of what?" Jessica looked at her son in the eyes after she poured the milk.

 

"On how to continue pursuing, Joohyun. Um, I actually have plans but because she's always with you and I have a work to also attend, I couldn't work on it. I thought of sending her flowers everyday but that's going to be boring, right? And if I ask her out, Pretty sure she couldn't go with me because... Well, she's twenty-four hourse with you. It's rude for her work." Yoong ended his little speech with a sheepish smile.

 

'The last time I remember, he would quickly ask Seohyun to be with him without considering her work. What just happened? What just change him?' Jessica thought at the back of her head as she find it weird now. "So you're asking for my advise?" She guessed. "Any tips on courting her?" She find it funny upon hearing herself st the moment.

 

"Kind of." Yoong replied as he took a sip of his milk.

 

Jessica sighs, as she think of it over first. She looked at her milk for a little while before she looked back to her son, with soft gazes. "Why not... Send her letters? You know... That's one of the stuffs your father did when he courted me. It's simple but it can melt someone's heart. It will have a big impact to her heart. It can make her fall for you. Just always remember to put your heart on it. Be sincere and straightforward as much as possible. Not the kind of letter that will piss her or will have flowering words. It won't be like it came from your heart anymore."

 

Yoong was speechless. "Wow." Haven't thought about 'letters'. And surely, it surprise him that his mother shared about this one detail from his father's courting over her.

 

"Hmm, you can also send her drawings, such as, nature. Something that will also lift her up. You know, you're good at it as an architect yourself. As long as you put an effort on it. I'm pretty sure you'll win her."

 

"That's actually a good idea, Mom." Yoong smiled so big, as he has this one unique idea forming in his mind now.

 

'Heol, what just I did?' Jessica can't believe herself.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Tiffany is having a disappointing stare, in front of her older brother, whose face has bruises. "I told you to let the law punish him." She took her seat across him while crossing her arms.

 

"You can't blame him." Taeyeon commented while she's mending on Yul's bruise.

 

"I just want to warn him and I couldn't stop myself to get my fist on him." Yul defended himself.

 

"What if he file a complain?" Tiffany worriedly said. "I'm pretty sure you'll be jailed before him!" Thus, can't help it and scold her brother.

 

"He isn't gonna do that." Yul reassured.

 

"And why not?"

 

"I have recorded our conversation earlier. I have now the evidence about what happened from the past." Yul pulled out his phone from his pocket and he played the recorded audio.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany looked into each other's eyes as they began to listen to the conversation. They can clearly listen to it, Donghae is admitting the contract and the things he never regret he did to Jessica. The conversation only ended when a punch was heard. Taeyeon and Tiffany both looked at Yul after the punch and weird noises can now be heard.

 

"Fine. I punched him first. He was already calling her b*tch, I can't hold back." Yul defended himself that instant, earning sighs from the couple.

 

"Well, I just hope he won't get any revenge, Yul. You don't know that person too well." Taeyeon replied a little concern.

 

"Why?" Yul feels weird. "Is there something ai haven't heard? Or learned from him?"

 

"His father's business was rumored to be illegal weapons. But so far there's no evidence that can confirm that. But if that's true, that only means one thing, he has some men that he can ask to get a revenge from what you did." Tiffany explained, quite worried for the safety of her brother as well. "Tsk,tsk, bad move Oppa."

 

"I am not scared though. He has more sin than me. I don't mind facing his men too." Yul fearlessly stated.

 

"Yeah, yeah, for now. You should rest. Your family are coming home tomorrow early. Jessica would surely look for you in the mansion." Taeyeon said as a fact.

 

 

***

 

 

Seohyun woke up the next morning, groaning in pain as she finds herself in the floor. "Damn." She tried to massage her waist to ease the pain while she casually trying to gain her visions. Slowly but surely, she had clear things out around her, only then to see stars on her mattress and night stand. The little stars that Yoong have spread on her head last night.

 

A soft chuckle escaped her lips recalling what happened. She honestly has more words to say for the latter but her mind was blank and mesmerized by Yoong's image that time. Unexpectedly, made her kissed his cheeks.

 

Shaking those thoughts off of her mind, she carefully lifted herself up and started exercising for about a minute only. As she noticed there's a folded paper on top of the night stand.

 

Having no clue, she just picked it up and unfolded the paper.

 

"Oh." Much to her surprise, it came from someone.

 

When I first meet you I thought you would be somebody that I wouldn't click on. I was wrong, you're even crazier than me. You were even meaner. But that's what made you attractive. That was made me this way, soooooo into you. I can't wait for more crazy stuffs with you. ^^

 

 

Your Yoongry ;)

 

 

She flutters, as she find the letter clever. Yoong is surely making a move again to win her. Shs giggles and read the message again... And again. Her cheeks are profusely red by now. Then she noticed at the back of the paper, there's a drawing. An anime drawing of a bunny, that seemed looked like her.

 

A sudden knock by the door only snapped her thoughts off. She hastily put the paper down to the night stand and exited the room, to begin her work again.

 

 

--

 

 

"Oh, what is going on?" Jessica finally come down from bed and made her way in the kitchen. But she was greeted by a messy table. There was Seohyun, busy cooking or preparing something.

 

"You are here! The breakfast is ready in the dining, Ma'am." Seohyun greeted brightly.

 

"What are you doing?" Came Yoong's voice behind his mother as well.

 

"I'm preparing us lunch boxes. Since we can't seem to use the helicopter this time, and it will take hours to comeback by land, I am preparing lunch boxes so we can no longer stop over a restaurant." Seohyun explained, flashing her infamous cheerful smile.

 

"Oh, sounds awesome!" Yoong exclaimed. "But what is that? I don't seem to know the food, Joohyun."

 

"It's omelet kimbap." Said Seohyun, enthusiastically. "Mom usually prepare this for us every time we go to a picnic." 

 

"Well that's clever for you, Miss Seo. Have you eaten breakfast?" Asked Jessica with a blank face only.

 

"Yup." Seohyun simly replied. With that, Jessica first turned and walk away. Yoong was late as he gives Seohyun a wink first before following to the dining room.

 

Seohyun has this big and exciting smile drawing over her face. Ever since the letter, something have fuel her up and she's excited for the day.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Yul: [Of course not, I'm busy... Busy thinking of you.]

 

Jessica almost want to throw her phone after she received the response from Yul. She was sure, he is flirting. But isn't she doing the same? Either way, her smile is from ear to ear.

 

To Yul: Stop it. Tell me where did you go yesterday, N.O.W!

 

After sending the message, she noticed someone glance at her from the back seat. She lifted up her gazes and caught Seohyun on time when she looked away. She cleared and turned her gazes outside the window. Pretending that she did not notice her.

 

Seohyun on the other hand is biting her lip, trying to stop her smile. She caught the chairman smiling idiotically over her phone. And she's sure the reason of it is someone who has a name called Yul. Yoong mentioned his father is making moves over his mother. So might as well, they're texting at the moment.

 

"What's wrong?" Asks Yoong, who was driving the car carefully. He glances to Seohyun briefly.

 

"Nothing." Seohyun smiled, meaningfully.

 

"Why don't you open the radio? It's too quiet." Yoong suggested. It had been 30 minutes since they started their journey back to Seoul.

 

"I was actually planning." A grin plastered Seohyun's face as she reached for the radio and a song eventually greeted their ears. "Oh, it's a good song. Do you know the song Ma'am?" She looked at the blonde through the rear view mirror. Unfortunately, the latter is busy again on her phone.

 

Yoong raised his brows upon noticing his mother's lack of response. "What's on her phone and she did not hear you?"

 

"Probably someone that had been bugging your mother recently." Seohyun giggles quietly.

 

"Father?" Yoong put his voice low as much as possible.

 

"Bang~" Seohyun made a shot gesture, earning a soft chuckle from the doe-eyed.

 

"Well, what else to be surprise?"

 

"He sure still love her, No?"

 

"He's stupid." Yoong mutters, glancing over his mother through the mirror again. "But she's more than stupid... in love." he snickers afterwards.

 

"What are you then?" Seohyun couldn't almost grasp what she heard from Yoong. He sounds funny for her.

 

Yoong trailed off as he smile to the younger. He took her hand from her lap and held it gently. "I'm innocently in love." He says sincerely, gazing lovingly to the younger.

 

Seohyun regretted her words. She slowly looked away from him and swallow that sudden heavy lump under . It did not fails again as she feels her heart flutters the thousandth time.

 

Yoong casually returned his gazes to the road, not letting go of the younger girl. He held her hand in place, while smiling giddily on his own.

 

Behind, in the back seat, Jessica who saw the linking hands of her nurse and her son, decided to shrugs it off. Instead, she returned her convo with her ex-husband.

 

 

To Yul: [Your son, holding Miss Seo's hand right now. T.T]

 

-

 

Yul: [That's so adorable. I want to see it in person too. Keke]

 

 

Jessica pout her lips with Yul's kind of response. But she sure needs to be used to it.

 

To Yul: [I need more time to accept my son is going to marry soon.]

 

It took a while before she received a message from Yul. She's pretty sure Yul is now laughing.

 

Yul: [You just made my day, Sica. Hahahaha]

 

Her cheeks slowly turned red out of embarrassment. But isn't it the truth though? Yoong will marry someone. She's not just sure if it's Seohyun.

 

Yul: Anyway, Do you think Seohyun and him will end together?

 

"They're not even dating yet!" Jessica blurted so loud accidentally, which cause her eyes to widen as she quickly looked at the two, who are both staring towards her through the mirror. They have this puzzled look that panics her. "Hehe. D-Don't mind me." She lamely says and quickly looked down in shame.

 

Seohyun and Yoong looked into each other's eyes. Slowly, their lips curled into a smile, out of amusement.

 

 

---

 

 

"Here you go." Yoong went back from buying ice bottle of water in a convenient store, handing the others to his mother and Seohyun.

 

"How was the kimbap, Ma'am?" Seohyun asks as she took her bottle.

 

Jessica is munching her food when she showed an okay sign only. She took her bottle in the process, as she takes her time drinking the water first.

 

"It's my Omma's recipe. I'm glad you love it." Seohyun flashed a big smile.

 

"No wonder it's really tasty. Seo Omma taught you." Yoong commented as he put one omelet kimbap into his big open mouth.

 

"Seo Omma?" Out of a sudden, Jessica felt s little jealousy. Her son calling Seohyun's mother 'Omma' feels like her son prefers her more than her.

 

"Oh, it's my mother, Ma'am." Seohyun informed. "He calls her like that too ever sincr he had breakfast with my family."

 

"Chincha?" Jessica frowns. "I don't even know."

 

"You don't have to know. It's just a visit, Mom." Yoong stated as a fact.

 

Jessica was about to scold her son when she realized she's just being silly and jealous again. She flashed a small smiled instead. "Glad to see you're making more friends, Yoong." She let out a stress sigh afterwards.

 

"They're so kind. That's why I thought I could visit them again soon."

 

"Aww, thank you Yoong." Seohyun was flattered. "But you don't have to."

 

"Why not ask your mother to come into the mansion, Joohyun?" Jessica suggested when it comes to her mind. "It would be a great chance for me to know your family too." She truthfully said.

 

"Oh, that's quite a nice idea, Mom. You should call your mother later then, Joohyun." Yoong got excited to meet the family again. He hopes this time, with her father.

 

"True. So we can arrange a dinner soon." Jessica said.

 

Seohyun couldn't able to react that instant. She's overwhelmed with this sudden kindness by the two. There wasn't even a reason for this, just Yoong mentioning her mother. "I... Don't know what to say... Except for... It'll be my family's pleasure, Ma'am." She shyly smiled to the blonde.

 

"I guess it would be my pleasure. You've been such a good assistant, Miss Seo." Jessica continued showing her sincerity.

 

"I can't wait to see Daeul again."

 

Seohyun chuckled. "He would definitely love to see you back, Yoong."

 

"Oh. Say ah." Yoong picked one kimbap from his lunch box and feed Seohyun without warning.

 

Seohyun and Jessica widened their eyes together.

 

"Wae? Is it wrong to feed you in front of my, Mom?"

 

"Yoong?" Jessica exclaimed.

 

"What? Did-"

 

"You really know how to make awkward situations!" Seohyun literally slapped the doe-eyed's arm. "Aish!" She hissed.

 

Yoong giggles but still push the kimbap to Seohyun's mouth. "Come on, Joohyun, just once."

 

Blushing and shy, Seohyun could only open and eat it. But she can't help it and glare at him. Jessica rolled back her eyes at the back seat.

 

"By the way, can we drop by a mall, Mom?"

 

"Why?" Jessica nonchalantly responded, giving her son a glance.

 

"I'll buy something."

 

"Go ahead. Just don't let us be late in my next appointment."

 

"Thanks Mom." Yoong happily smiled to his mother then to Seohyun who only give him a rolling of eyes.

 

The car soon fell into a complete silence as all three of them just enjoy the kimbap that was so delicious. Seohyun is specially proud to witness her boss is enjoying her cook for the first time. It's been 35 days, this is definitely the first. Well, she's a bit like a cold person the last time compared today. She's slowly breaking that off.

 

"Oh~ It seems an accident." After 30 minutes of drive again, Yoong came to a halt when they meet a traffic. And as he looks at it, there seems to be an accident.

 

"This is a poor thing." Seohyun mutters as she felt bad for the victims. She can't see it clearly, because there are rescuers around a certain vehicle, but every time she encounters like that, it always saddens her heart.

 

"Are we not going to u-turn, son?" Jessica however is worried over her appointment later.

 

"We can't do that Mom. There are more cars behind us. And every lanes are pack too. We can't do anything but to wait."

 

"It's only an hour later for your next appointment, Ma'am. No worries." Seohyun reassuringly says, giving the blonde a cheerful smile through a rear view mirror.

 

Jessica sighs out of defeat. If only she can do something. Time is so precious for her, she doesn't want to waste it by being stuck in a traffic.

 

"Why don't we play a game Ma'am? To keep us companied?" Seohyun suddenly thought of something and did not hesitate to speak for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter