Sick

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22 | Sick

 

***

 

Krystal frowned to see tears and red mark in her kind Unnie's cheeks, that seemed it came from someone's hand. "Unnie? What happened? Why are you crying?" She cupped her cheeks with her little hands and pout her lips in concern. "Did someone hurt my pretty unnie?"

 

Seohyun hastily wiped her tears off while chuckling. She stands up and took the younger girl's hand, dragging her gently with her in the nearby bench. "What are you doing here?! This is a hospital. Kids aren't allowed to go around." It was a surprise for her to see the latter, especially that it's almost late at night now.

 

"I'm with Appa. But why are you crying earlier?" Krystal stubbornly wanted to know. "Something is wrong?"

 

Seohyun shook her head. "There's nothing." and chuckles a little, as she finds it funny for the little girl to keep on asking. Not to mention, when they just met the other day. But it's like magic that she took away the heaviness in her chest the moment she saw her. "Wait, so where's your, Appa?" she looked around in search for the latter's father, but she couldn't find any hint of him.

 

"He's talking with the doctor." Krystal replied. "Actually I'm sick." In her sad tone.

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun instinctively held the little girl's hands and then she put her palm on her forehead. "Omo, you have a fever?" The little girl is hot against her palm. 

 

"Yes." The little girl nodded with a sad pout. "Just this morning. But my fever went up when the sun sets, so Appa brought me here for Doctor's help."

 

"Aren't you suppose to be in bed, not roaming around like this?" It got Seohyun's concern out of a sudden. Being a nurse, it's always an instinct for her to care for someone who's sick.

 

Krystal shook her head. "It's okay. I'm okay. The Doctor have lent me medicines already and I took it earlier. My fever isn't that high anymore." she reassured with a bright innocent smile. Meeting with this kind unnie again just made her happy, she can't worry her.

 

"You. Seriously." Seohyun can't help it and ruffle the girl's hair gently. "But you have to rest." she somehow couldn't miss and reminds her. "Your fever will went up again if you don't."

 

"It won't anymore, I promise." Krystal hold up her small palm. "Besides, I have your stuff toy."

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Yes."

 

Seohyun's heart skips a beat when she saw how Krystal made another big smile. It's exactly the same as her boyfriend. As if something have hit her head at that moment, she recalled she still has to prove she's Mister Kwon's daughter. So without hesitations, she did not warn her when she picks one strand of her hair and immediately put it in her pocket.

 

"Ouch! What was that, Unnie?" Krystal had to close her eyes tight, missing what the older girl have done.

 

"I just thought of something... why don't we go to the cafeteria? I'll buy you snacks." Seohyun sheepishly grinned, earning a weird look from the younger girl. She then turned her head to the emergency room's door and, "Yoong, I'll comeback later. Don't you ever give up there."

 

"Yoong? Who's Yoong?" Krystal turned her head to the door as well. "Is he or she inside?" she curiously asked.

 

"Let's go?" Seohyun turned to the younger girl with a big smile. She did not wait for her answer and took her hand. She then drags her gently with her, as they walk in the hallway side by side.

 

Krystal happily skips in their way to the cafeteria while the older girl is smiling to her, pushing aside the current state of her boyfriend for the meantime.

 

---

 

A happy little kid greeted Seohyun's eyes when she went back to their table with her own snack. She also smiled as she wiped off the little dirt in the corner of her lips.

 

"You like that strawberry ice cream?"

 

"Yes." Krystal bobs her head up and down happily. "Thank you, Unnie. Appa doesn't want me to eat ice cream because I'm sick. But you bought me." 

 

"It's strawberry, so it's okay. But if it's chocolate or other flavors besides fruits, that's forbidden. It won't give you nutrients." Seohyun explained for choosing strawberry. "But you have eaten your dinner prior to this, right?"

 

"Of course I did." Krystal replied and happily on her ice cream again. Actually, all ice cream flavors are okay for her. 

 

"That's good. After that, let's go back to your Appa, okay?"

 

"Yes." Krystal just replied simply. The older girl giggles and pinched her cheeks. She smiled so big briefly to her as she focus more to the ice cream.

 

'Aigoo, Krystal. Thanks for saving me. I thought I would end up sleeping in that floor.' Seohyun thought while watching the little girl in awe. It was so quick that she forgot how her heart was earlier. The little girl is really special. 'But I understand Ma'am Jung's outburst. She's only concerned over her son. Who am I to question that? I just hope Yoong will make it. So her worries will subside.'

 

"Unnie! Earth to Unnie!" Krystal waves her hand in front of the older girl's face, trying to catch her attention. 

 

"Hmm? Krystal?" Seohyun instantly snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the girl, quizzically.

 

"Can I ask you something?" 

 

"Sure." She only replied quick.

 

Krystal wiped her lips with the back of her hand first before she proceeds, "Do you know what is DNA test?" with an innocent look in her face.

 

"DNA?" The question got Seohyun off guard. "Why are you asking about that?" for a little girl to ask about it is really odd and weird. She then helped her cleaning her face with a tissue paper.

 

"I don't know what it is so I wanna know."

 

"Where did you get that?" The older girl proceeds with another curious question.

 

Krystal pause for a little while and speaks again, "I saw a paper under Appa's bed yesterday. I thought it's important so I picked it up. I can only read a little, so I only reads the upper part of it. It has the bold letters DNA and next to it is 'test'. Appa caught me holding it and he hurriedly snatched it from me and scolded me. I am curious why is it important, so I thought you know about it. Do you know what is DNA, Unnie?"

 

'Mister Lee did a DNA test on his daughter? Oh my God, does that mean... '

 

"Unnie! Answer my question!" she impatiently yelled when the older girl did not speak.

 

Blinking a couple of times, Seohyun then grinned to the younger girl. "Hehe, DNA test means... Um... how can I explain this... " unfortunately, it was suddenly hard for her to explain. "It's like... Uh... " she began to look around, searching for help in her situation. But there's only one thing that caught her attention. "It's like the tv." The TV screen that was flashing a news about JSY, that shows the chairman's pictures and videos.

 

"Huh?" Krystal hastily turned her head to where the older girl is pointing. "Who is that girl?"

 

Seohyun sighed in relief as soon as the little girl's attention shifted to the TV screen. She thought it's not a good idea to explain about the paper when she wouldn't understand either way. "Chairman Jung, do you know her?"

 

Krystal looked back to Seohyun, shaking her head. "How is she related to DNA test?" she asked, quizzically.

 

"It doesn't, honestly. But I know that woman. She's one of the most successful businesswoman in the country."

 

"Okay..." Krystal nodded her head. "What about her?" 

 

"And for your information, she's my boss. She's the kindest boss I ever had." Seohyun sheepishly continued. "And you know what? She will help you with that DNA test you're asking." and then grin like she's sure about her words.

 

"She's your friend too, Unnie?"

 

"Yup." 

 

"Then I think I can ask her about it, since you don't know DNA test?"

 

Seohyun mentally face-palmed, thinking the little girl now thinks she doesn't know about the word she is asking. "Of... of course you can. hehe." But she seriously couldn't tell her. 

 

"Is she in the hospital too?" Krystal looks around the cafeteria, searching for the blonde woman.

 

"Um, she's not here in the cafeteria. She's... she's with her husband. They're out there... lending their blood for their son." However, Seohyun couldn't lie about her visit in the hospital. "Honestly speaking, their son is my friend, the reason why I'm here."

 

"Why? What happened with your friend, Unnie?" Krystal now understands but it got her concern for this 'friend' of her friendly Unnie. As far as she can remembers, she even cried. So that means, her friend is important for her.

 

"Some thugs beat him up. But it wasn't that dangerous though... just that, he lose a lot of blood that the doctor needs more of the same blood with him."

 

"Omo, that's sad... I hope your friend gets better, Unnie." Krystal pouts her lips cutely, reaching for the older girl's hand on top of the table. She give it a squeeze and smiled genuinely at her. 

 

"Thanks Krystal. He'll get better soon. I'm pretty sure of it." Seohyun awkwardly smiled. 'If only you know it's your brother I am talking about. You would be more concern for him, Krystal.' 

 

"So I guess I can't meet this boss of yours, Unnie? Since she seems busy with her son?"

 

"You're that curious with DNA test, eh?"

 

Krystal smiled and nodded. 

 

"And why?"

 

"Appa seems to keep it from me." 

 

Seohyun made her brows raised. "Chincha? He never explained it for you?" As she feels a little suspicious with Mister Lee.

 

"I asked about it and he said, it's just some paper works, I don't need to know or understand what's in it. Oh! I think I've seen my name there. But I'm not sure if I read it right." Krystal smiled awkwardly and rubs her head a little.

 

'Of course it's yours, Krystal. Your father did a DNA test of you and him and probably, it was negative.' Seohyun thought at the back of her head. "Don't mind it too much. Later, my boss would surely explain it to you. Okay?" she reached for her face and gives her cheek a little caress. "Come on, finish your ice cream. We'll meet with her after that."

 

"Okay." Krystal flashed her brightest smile this time, as she returned to her ice cream that was melting in her small hands. She giggles when the older girl cleaned her hand with a tissue paper.

 

They shortly finished their snacks and walked out the cafeteria with happy smiles. Krystal who noticed the empty hallway suddenly released her hold from the older girl and started playing like she's skating. Seohyun only watches with smiles in her face, just allowing the little girl play around in an empty hallway. 

 

"Omo." But shortly right after, a figure appeared from another hallway and Krystal crashed with her behind, causing for her to fall on the floor. Seohyun almost instantly rushed to her side. But she stops halfway when she realized who did Krystal crashed with. It's apparently the chairman, who crouch down to check on her.

 

"Are you okay, little kid... " Jessica trailed off when she recognized the little girl. Right then, her heart skips a beat and her arms goose bumps. Those innocent eyes, as they stared to her, they definitely just screams out of her daughter. She doesn't know what comes to her mind but her arms slowly wrapped around her and pulled her into a hug. Her heart and mind are the same, slowly overwhelmed by the fact that she's hugging her daughter. As if, she had been longing to hold her, she had been looking forward to see her - all that mixed emotions for a mother for her long lost daughter. Her tears then unconsciously dropped, while she tightened her embrace, savoring that warmth she's sending on her as well. 

 

Krystal who is confused looked at Seohyun in the side, the latter is warmly smiling while signalling her to wrap her arms around her neck. But she refused to do it. Instead, she only waited until this woman will release her. It wasn't that long enough and she pulled back away from her. But to her surprised, she's tearing up.

 

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" She instinctively put her palms on her cheeks and wiped those tears away from her cheeks with her small thumbs.

 

Jessica's heart is beating in joy upon hearing her voice for the first time. She held her hands and was about to speak when she mentally reminded, this girl has no idea about her as her mother. She suddenly felt the pang of sadness in her heart, knowing it's gonna be difficult to tell her about her. So instead of speaking, she just smiled and leaned into her forehead to kiss it. "I'm just... I mean, happy to see someone just as the same age as my daughter." she could only say with a smile. The latter smiled back to her, but only briefly, when she turned her head to the side.

 

"Unnie, isn't she the chairman Jung you're talking about?"

 

She finally realizes that Seohyun is standing by the side, watching them all this awhile. But she was surprised to learn that her daughter knows her nurse.

 

"Y-Yeah, she-she is... Krystal. Um... Chairman Jung, m-meet my new friend, Krystal." Seohyun immediately introduces the little girl to her mother, though she couldn't tell her she is.

 

"I'm Krystal. Nice to meet you Miss Jung." Krystal bowed 180 degrees and then compose herself. "My Unnie told me you know about-"

 

"Krystal?"

 

Just as she was about to ask about her curiosity, she heard her father's voice from somewhere, cutting her words and changing her mind. She turned and there goes her father, jogging towards them. "Appa!" she only called enthusiastically. She stepped away from the woman she just meet and runs to her father, to meet him halfway.

 

Jessica and Seohyun have already found the man. But Jessica doesn't like the presence of him. She immediately has this bad vibes over him as she sends him a glare as she stands up and watch the two. Seohyun on the side just quietly watching and hoping her boss and mister Lee wouldn't exchange words.

 

Meeting his daughter halfway, Donghae lowered himself and wrapped his arms around her protectively. "Where did you go? I had been looking for you." 

 

"I only went to the cafeteria with the kind Unnie. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Did I worry you, Appa?"

 

Donghae pulled back and fixed his daughter's hair before he glanced to Jessica and his assistant. But he noticed Jessica's sending cold glares on him, he decided to shrugs it. "You did. Don't do this anymore, araso?" He's glad that both did not say anything.

 

"Yes." Krystal nodded. "But Appa, I meet another new friend. Miss Jung. Can I introduce you to her and my kind Unnie?"

 

"I'm sorry but we're in a hurry. We need to go back home as soon as possible." 

 

"Chincha? Wae?"

 

"Grandma arrived home. She's waiting." Donghae stands up and take her daughter's hand. He then bowed to the two in front of them, which his daughter have also copied.

 

"I'll see you again soon, Miss Jung, Seohyun Unnie." Krystal waves her little hand with all smiles. She's sure she's going to meet them again.

 

"Let's go now." Without wasting their time, Donghae drags his daughter gently with him.

 

"I'll see you back." Jessica couldn't hold back and answers, waving her hand a little, as her daughter walks away with her father. Watching them getting farther and farther is just like the past, Yoong and Yul, walking away from her to leave her for good. The pain in her heart is real. 'Donghae, you can't take her away from me. You really can't. Aish!' but she felt so helpless.

 

"M-Ma'am? Um... have you... have you taken your medicine?" Seohyun broke her silence after Krystal and Donghae completely disappears from their sight. 

 

Jessica snapped out and turned to her nurse. "Just when did you become friends with Krystal?" asking in her cold tone once again.

 

"The other day. I-I... meet with her in her school." Seohyun panics in how to explain. "Um, don't get me wrong, it was only because I'm curious about her. And for your information-"

 

"Curious? What's your plan?"

 

Seohyun was taken aback by the choice of words and tone the chairman is sending to her. She feels like she's a bad person for being questioned. However, she remains calm and positive. "I'm... I'm... planning to meet her with you. Nothing else, Chairman." she bit her lip slowly looked away from her gazes. It's making her really weak with those stares. But she still continued, "I just thought... it would be... a good idea. You know, ever since you've learned... " however, she pause when the blonde only walks away without any word anymore. "She's still mad about me... isn't she?" a sigh escaped her lips, feeling rejected and heavy inside. "But that was close, Krystal would have ask her about DNA testing her father did." but remains hopeful.

 

--- 3 days later ---

 

Blinded by the bright lights greeting his eyes, Yoong held up his hand and covered his visions with his fingers. He hummed and let out a huge yawn while trying to get accustomed with the lights. As soon as he had completely adjusted, he slowly put his hand down and just finds out it was the sun's rays that greets him. Probably sunrise? He doesn't remember anything at all. It's kind of surprising even for him that he is in a ward, with a dextrose and he can feel something in his head. What happened? What brings him to the hospital? Moreover, why is he alone?

 

As he t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter