Epilogue

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

***

 

Exhausted and lazy at the same time, one man forcefully got up from the bed after being pushed by his partner to get off of the bed. And apparently, it's because of someone crying out loud the next room. But before he could go there, he picked up the picture frames that was on the sofa and put them back to its original place. A big smile however formed in his lips as his eyes landed to his family picture, that was compose of him, his wife to be and their first child. His heart fluttered as his eyes were distracted to the cuteness of their two years old first child.

 

 

She's apparently his daily vitamins ever since she was born. And there's no way he's going to last a day without playing with her, without teasing her and without singing for her until she falls asleep.

 

"Appa!!! Omma!!! Appa!!! Omma!!!"

 

Upon hearing back the cries, "Alright, alright... Coming... " He yawned so big while rubbing his head. "... Now." While making his way to the next room. His eyes immediately saw the cause of the noise, now standing in her crib, staring at him with those small innocent eyes. His laziness was replaced by a fluttery feeling when he saw her pout and extended her arms, asking him to take her off of the crib. "Aww, baby. You're hungry?" He asks as he slowly approaches her, but she shakes her head. "Do you want to pee?" Again, she shakes her head and shakes her arms, getting annoyed by the way he takes steps at a time. "Do you want to poo?" He asked teasingly to his little bunny.

 

"Appa!!! Appa!!! Appa!!!" The little girl whines and wiggles her body frustratingly, while her arms are still in the air.

 

Yoong giggles as he finally stopped in front of his daughter. "What is my Hannah want then?" But he's not yet done teasing her. But since he's near enough, she was grabbing by his shirt and the latter pulled him, trying to climb on him in the process. He can no longer and decided to carry her in her arms. "Happy, Little Bunny?" he flashes his infamous choding smile.

 

"Omma... Hannah go Omma." Hannah replied, pointing to the door instead.

 

"Oh, I thought you want to poo?"

 

"Nooo!!!! Omma!!! Hannah go Ommaaa!!!"

 

Yoong chuckled and kisses his little girl's cheeks a lot of time. The latter pushed his head away and once again pointed to the door while glaring at him. He glared back but only to hear her whine again. "Alright, alright. We're going now." He eventually complied, but not before grabbing the small little bunny stuff toy from her crib and handed it to her.

 

Hannah did not hesitate and she hugs her stuff toy close to her and says 'Mowning, bugs' to her little stuff toy.

 

"My little bunny really loves her bugs, eh? Should I give you a different stuff toy instead?" He chuckled and kisses her cheeks again before they went out and headed next room shortly. "Shshshsh." And he immediately hushes Hannah when he saw Seohyun is still such a heavy sleeper. The little girl mimics his actions as they gets closer and closer to the bed. Putting Hannah down to the bed, he leaned in and whispers to her, "Cuddle with Omma and gives her a lot of kisses."

 

Totally understood her father, Hannah did not let go of her stuff toy as she tip toed closer and closer to her mother. Once she had enough distance, she pulled the comforter up and went inside, as she lied down close. She then cupped her mother's cheeks and she gives her a lot of pecks... on her lips. "Omma, Goo mowning. Hannah Mowning." She greeted upon seeing her mother's eyes slowly opening.

 

Yoong can't help it and giggle as he followed, lying down next to his daughter. "Hannah mowning, Seohyun Omma." And greeted her with a big smile across his face. Seohyun's bare face is just the most wonderful sight he had ever seen. He loved it.

 

Recognizing her family right away, Seohyun opened her arms and was only about to hug her daughter close when Yoong scooted closer, which made her one arm landed at the back of her husband to be. She smiles triumphantly as she also greets them with kisses; first on her daughter's forehead then to Yoong's lips. "Hannah mowning, everyone." she softly says. "What day is today?" But suddenly got something crossing her mind.

 

"April 19, 2017." Yoong replied, having no clue. "Waeyo?"

 

"Waeyo?" Hannah followed her father, looking back and forth to him and her mother, innocently.

 

Seohyun's eyes widened. "Isn't it today?" as she exclaimed in the process.

 

"Today... what?" Yoong confusedly asked.

 

"Choway, what?" Hannah copied again.

 

Sitting up, Seohyun slapped her partner's arm. "Yah! Yoongry! It's d-day for the surprise wedding! Your parents' and us!" she reminded him. "Well, technically it's not surprise for us because it's us and abeoji's idea."

 

It took about five seconds before it hits Yoong's mind. "Holy, crap! It's happening in three hours." as his eyes landed to their wall clock and it crosses his mind about the time. Well, he also got reminded by the last minute preparation last night, so it quickly hits him.

 

"Oh God, let's hurry up. Omeoni is still attending an event and I have to fetch her and her wedding dress. Quick and move!" Seohyun hits her lover's arm for the last time before jumping off the bed and headed to the shower room.

 

Yoong jumps off of the bed as well but reminded herself about the task he should do today. So she went back to picked up their daughter in her arms and headed outside. Hannah laughs, loving the way they're running down the stairs and her father's face is funny for him.

 

As soon as they reached their kitchen, he put his little girl on her usual chair and went to the kitchen, where he started to bring eggs, ham, and then fresh milk. But since it’s for him and Seohyun, he only poured two glass of milk and then made a milk for his daughter, handing it to her immediately before he started frying their breakfast.

 

Hannah is drinking her milk while watching her father non-stop, as the latter is moving around the kitchen. She couldn’t help and smile and laugh constantly, every time her father jumps in surprise because of the oil splashing. And every time he would glare at her, she would glare back, like the way he does.

 

Half an hour later—Yoong finished preparing the table. “Now it’s time for you little bunny.” He gets rid of his apron and picked his little girl up, bring her to her room so he can bath her.

 

The moment they went inside the room, Seohyun walked out the master bedroom few minutes later, just wearing jeans, white top, and sneakers. She went to the next room and immediately can hear squeals coming mostly from their daughter. She casually went to the bathroom and finds the father-and-daughter bonding, on a bathtub. As much as she wanted to join them, she got no time for fun at the moment. So she only gives them kisses and, "Make sure you guys arrive at the church an hour before the ceremony starts, okay?" she reminds them.

 

"No worries, hon." Yoong reassured as he nodded slightly.

 

Hannah nodded also, following her father's action, despite being on the tub with bubbles all over them.

 

Seohyun couldn't miss the chance and she took her phone out. "Let's have some moment captured. Smile Hannah." and asks them to look at her camera.

 

"Come here." Excitedly, Yoong grabs his daughter close to him and put his face next to her little face, smiling so big, which his little girl copied.

 

"Kyaaa! So cute." Seohyun squeals as she captured the moment of the two, being on a bathtub. She then leaned down to give her daughter kisses and a sweet peck on Yoong's lips. But before she could leave, she whispers something to her daughter and waves goodbye, leaving Yoong puzzled with what she did earlier.

 

"What did your mother told you?" Yoong asked, looking at his daughter.

 

Hannah stuck her tongue out and plays with the bubbles again, like a happy bunny jumping up and down. Yoong scoffs and just shrugs it off.

 

***

 

'Breakfast in bed.' Jessica was greeted by a tray of food in the right side of the bed, instead of her lover. It wasn't a surprise for her, however. Since they've been doing it the moment she was cancer free 100 days ago. Yes, it's her 100th day today as a cancer survivor, and there's only one thing she's thankful about it, her faith to the Lord and to her family that had been with her for three years now ever since she was diagnosed.

 

"Yul? Did you make this again?" She smiled as she checks the breakfast. But to her dismay, she did not hear any response usually coming from the bathroom. And then, she found a small card next to her plate. She curiously picked it up and reads what's in there.

 

Hooray for your 100th day! Woohoo!!! :)

And you deserve another breakfast in bed I made.

Unfortunately, I couldn't have breakfast with you and so as our daughter. Since your daughter will have a class today.

Anw, you always know my love, right? I love you Sica baby :) Enjoy the food I made with love. kekeke. Love you. Love you. Love you from the moon and back.

 

Your knight and shining armor, King Yul

 

She barely could actually react to find the simple card to be full of cheesiness. "Never change." She giggles, once again feeling giddy inside, despite being old now. Heck that never was the measure of their love. Age is just age, like they said.

 

However, before she can grab the spoon, she suddenly felt a little dizzy. And before she knows it, she feels like throwing up. She hastily jumps off of the bed and runs inside the bathroom to throw up. She felt so nausea out of a sudden and for the first time though, since she was cancer free.

 

She sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror while at the same time, she can feel her heart nervously beating. 'What is going on? Why am I nausea out of a sudden?' She asked, a little concerned. 'Should I call the doctor? Or should...' She wasn't able to finish her thoughts when she heard knocks outside, following her secretary's voice. And that made her mentally reminded herself about her schedule later. "I'm coming out in a while." However, she did not leave right away. She decided to take her time first, to make sure the nausiness will not comeback. But much to her surprise, it came back again, and she has to throw up for the second time.

 

It took an hour and half before she finally decided to leave. And she also decided to just take a shower before coming out. "That Kwon Yul is so bad." She can't help but feel a little lonely, as she climbs back to the bed to have her breakfast while still on her bathrobe. And while having her meal, she keeps on mumbling disappointing stuffs about Yul, who honestly came home last night so late at 11pm. She has to take care of their little girl alone while he's unknowingly out there. He did not even told her where did he go and who is he with. "Geez, I wouldn't be surprised if one day, a mistress knocks on my door. That Kwon Yul has no more reason to marry me, no? Aish!" and it frustrate her because Yul had stopped talking about the marriage. Yes, their plan is to marry after a year of being cancer free, but ever since last month, he never talked about it. Even Yoong, she noticed he never said anything about his own wedding too, when her grandchild Hannah is already 2 years old. Didn't they plan to marry after Hannah turns one?

 

"Ugh, people really change."

 

--

 

While busy checking the files she hasn't finished on the way to her first schedule of the day, she finally heard her phone rings. She fished it out and was glad it's the person she had been thinking since she left the mansion. "Yah! Kwon Yul! Where are you?! Whar are you up to these days, eh?!" She greeted him furiously.

 

[I'm sorry. I just really couldn't tell you. Soon, you will know.]

 

"What?" Jessica is confused. "What should I know? Yah! How about our wedding? When are we going to resume preparing it? Kwon Yul, I noticed you even come home too late. Don't you dare tell me you have some mistress out there... about to break our relationship!" she warned seriously.

 

Yul chuckled from the next line. [Are you insane? How could you accuse me I have a mistress? When I had gone through a lot just to be always by your side. Just to make sure I won't miss a single thing about you. And why would I look for another woman when I have you - the perfect woman I have ever met. The best in the universe. Well, minus your hell sica mood. Hehe.]

 

Jessica scoffs. "Liar! Liar! Liar! Kwon Yul!" she shouted at the end.

 

[Oh, come on Jessica Jung. You know me too well than to believe in your stereotype. Because you know what? It will only add some wrinkles in your forehead.]

 

"Shut up and just see me later. Aish!" Jessica refuse to listen and was about to end the call when Yul said something that changed her mind.

 

[No, you see me later. Okay? I and your daughter are actually waiting somewhere.]

 

"W-Wait... somewhere? I thought you're in school? Krystal has her music lessons right?" She wonders what's in Yul's mind this time.

 

[Yeah, somewhere... later.] Yul giggles. [I love you, Sica baby. I mean we love you~]

 

[We love you Omma~ Pali~ I'm already excited~] came Krystal's excited voice over the next line as well.

 

"What's happening? If this isn't about cheating?" Jessica couldn't really guess what's up with her daughter and fiance.

 

[What is cheating Omma?] Krystal suddenly asked. But her father immediately took the phone and answered her mother back. [Yah! don't mention it. Krystal is too young to think about such word. Just finish your schedule on time. Okay? I love you again. Hehe]

 

As soon as the call ended, the blonde woman rolled back her eyes and decided to put her phone away. She took a deep breath and exhaled smoothly, as she massages her temples. At times like this, she really needs to calm down before she couldn't think straight again. But she can't blame herself, it's the first time Yul is so secretive towards her. It's just frustrating her and somehow, it fears her that he will leave again like he did when they divorced.

 

"We're nearing the University, Chairman Jung." The Driver announces.

 

She took her paper from the side of the car and decided to brush off the thoughts about that tan man. 'We'll see later, after all.' She thought about that instead and focuses on her speech.

 

***

 

Checking his wrist watch for the last time, Yoong then heard a car's engine which made him looked up. He immediately spotted his father's car that cause him to come back inside and rushed to take his little girl, who is apparently playing with lego on the floor. He grabs her stuff toy and handed it to her before he went out the house, not missing to lock the house securely.

 

"Whoa, look who's looking so pretty like a flower." Yul smiled so big once he saw his grandchild, at the back seat, wearing a white dress like a little princess. "Anyeong, Hannah. Are you ready later?" He asks her but much to his dismay, she looked away, as she burried her face to her father's stomach. "Eh?" And that surprised him.

 

"What's wrong, little bunny?" It also concerns Yoong, as he tried to see his daughter's face, but she will bury her face back to her stomach again, and holds him through his suit jacket, that made her let go of her stuff toy. Yoong quickly picked up her stuff toy from the floor and hold it for her.

 

"Is Hannah shy, Appa?" Krystal asked, giggling. She can see her niece through the rear view mirror, and it flutters her to see the little girl doesn't want to face her Grandpa out of a sudden. "She's so cute." She added eager to hold her again.

 

"Probably. I mean, it's been three weeks since she last saw us." Yul said and just drives off carefully. "She's probably adjusting again, right little bunny?"

 

"It's okay, little bunny. It's just Grandpa and Aunt Krystal. Come on, you guys have played the last time, don't you remember?" Yoong tried to convince his daughter. He understands her since she doesn't always go out. She can only do if they visit malls, park and sometimes to visit her grandparents. So it's always new for her when they go out. "Do you remember when you guys played at the pool? I mean a pool of different colors of balls? He was with you and you guys played until you got hungry."

 

Looking up to face her father, Hannah pouts her lips. "Appa..."

 

"He's your Grandpa Kwon. Do you want to play again with him later?"

 

"And Aunt Krystal wants to play with Hannah." Krystal raised her hand up, earning giggles from her father.

 

"Heard that little girl?"

 

Hannah turned her head to the front and smile cutely when she saw her Aunt Krystal's image through the mirror. "Auntie Krystal mirror." She giggles while pointing to the mirror.

 

"And our little bunny is back." Yul chuckled, glad to hear his granddaughter's cute voice again. But as soon as he speaks, Hannah shyly looked away from the mirror. She leans i to her father's stomach again and glances shyly to her grandpa by the driver's seat.

 

"Grandpa Kwon is handsome, isn't he, Hannah?" Yoong randomly asked while holding his daughter close.

 

"No." Hannah shakes her head.

 

Yul scoffs as Krystal laugh out so loud, teasing him eventually. Yoong wanted to join teasing his father but he receives a message and Hannah on the other hand is also laughing. He just checks the message instead.

 

Honey Bunny: How was our little bunny? Did she play with her Aunt again? You did not forgot her backpack I prepared in our room right? Otherwise, you'll be in trouble later.

 

Yoong widened his eyes when he thought about the backpack that contains their daughter's diapers, milk, her extra clothes and baby bottles, that needs her over the day.

 

"Appa! Can we go back to the house? I forgot Hannah's​ backpack." He never waste time and he requested to his father.

 

"Damn, again Yoong?" Yul rolled his eyes as he decided to u-turn immediately. He speeds up; to make sure they'll arrived back shortly.

 

"Hehe, I was too excited earlier. I'm sorry, Appa." Yoong sheepishly replied. Hannah gives him a sweet and cute smile, patting her arm, wordlessly. She smiled back and kiss her cheeks. "Thanks, baby."

 

***

 

It's been fifteen minutes since Jessica arrived in her first schedule of the day, yet still wondering about Yul's strange actions. Not only him but also her daughter, who seems to be teaming up with her weird father.

 

"Aish, why am I thinking about them? I should start reviewing." She said as she shook her head and returned to her paper. Unfortunately, she suddenly remembered the first time she does a speech as the chairman after her father has announced her. And it leads her to the time she had when she was at the verge of letting go.

 

Flashback...

 

"You're not supposed to be here."

 

Jessica her back automatically upon hearing that familiar voice. She got confused for a while when she saw no one behind but slowly but surely, a figure came out behind that wall of vines. Her eyes watered upon confirming it's her late father. She instinctively run into him and throws her arms around him. "Appa!!!" She cried in his shoulders out of mixed of emotions. She knows this is just a dream, so why not take the chance and be with her father she missed so much.

 

She cries and tells him how much she loves him and how much he misses him. She holds him in her arms like it's her first time she ever holds him.

 

After a while, when she's finally calming down, she slowly pulled away from her father and looked at him in the eyes, with a sweet smile in her lips.

 

"You're not supposed to be here."

 

But her smile faded when her father told her that for the second time. "Waeyo?" And it confused her.

 

Her father took her hands and hold it gently without leaving her eyes. "You still have to attend an invitation, honey. An important invitation in your life that will be the beginning of a new life. And I'm sure you will like it." He says softly and squeezes her hand. "Go back there and comeback only when its time."

 

"What do you mean Appa?" She squint her eyes and tried to understand but she couldn't. Especially that she's in an unknown garden full of flowers and butterflies. "Where should I go? Why do you want me to leave? Don't you miss me, Appa?"

 

Smiling, Mister Jung brought his daughter into his embrace again. "I know you miss me and so as me. But it's not yet the right time for this. You need to comeback no matter what. Before it's too late to come back to your family."

 

Before she could reply, she stumbles when suddenly her father disappears in her arms.

 

"We love you so much honey. You have to always remember that."

 

And an echo coming from her father was heard somewhere. Her eyes watered as her chest tightens, and she couldn't hold back but to shout, "Appa! I love you sooooo much!" She breathed heavily as she stands up and look around the garden. "Tell Omma I love her so much too!" And once again shouted. Wiping her tears off, she suddenly felt like her world went upside down and before she knows it, she passed out.

 

--

 

And the next thing she opened her eyes, she's in the hospital. She saw her family in the side, which made her smile, as she realizes what was her father meant by his words. However, she had no idea at all when her family suddenly rushed to her and began showering her with kisses. She wanted to ask them but they're busy to even stopped.

 

She then noticed her former private nurse is in the side, watching them. "Seohyun-ah!!! Help!!! Why are they doing this to me?!!!" so she asked for her help. But instead of helping her, the latter walked out the room and she saw her throwing her arms to her parents outside. She finally understood why.

 

"Welcome back, Omma. Don't scare us anymore, Okay?" But still, she doesn't know what's going on.

 

End of Flashback...

 

3 years later - she now understand why it happened and why her family were like she left or something when for her, she never left them, she just had an opportunity to talk with her father.

 

Opening her shoulder bag in the side, she takes her diary out and a pen. A small smile formed in her lips, as she reminds herself that she got inspired by the diary notebook Seohyun gifted long time ago. Now, it's her turn to write... her 100th day as a cancer survivor.

 

Diary entry # 100:

 

They said if you're terminally ill, you don't have any chance to live long or to be happy anymore. Am I lucky? Or was it meant to be? No, it’s a miracle, I would say. Being a cancer survivor for 100 days now is definitely not in my wildest imagination. I even thought I wouldn't last for more years. But things really happened unexpectedly. Miracle, as what they have said - and I believe it now. And I thank my father and the Lord for giving me this second chance. ^^

 

It's really great to be alive this long. And I will not ever take this for granted. I will live my life with smiles and laughter... and of course love, with my family.

 

3 years have passed and things have change so much:

 

My son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter