Trouble

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20| Trouble

***

After some couple of minutes of waiting, Donghae finally stepped out of his car. Before he could lost the assistant and his daughter, he hastily followed, not too close.

'What is she doing with my daughter?' he asks to no one in particular, as he keep his eyes of them while walking in the side of the street.

As the two entered a small restaurant nearby, he can finally guess why. But there's another question that pops out his head, "What's her intention and she meet with my daughter?" Without any second thoughts, he followed inside. But he put on his hood and a sunglass, careful for his daughter to recognize him.

He immediately spotted them to one of the tables in the middle of the restaurant. He hastily took the empty table that was only next to theirs.

-

"Order whatever you like, Seohyun unnie will treat you." Said Seohyun as she handed the menu to the little girl. She's smiling all friendly.

"Why are you doing this?" Krystal asks in confusions. She doesn't know the older girl but she is all friendly. Except for the fact that she is her father's friend, she wouldn't be going with her.

"I told you, Your Appa called me and ask if I can give you supper. He will be late and was afraid you will be hungry." Seohyun explained. Lying is never in her vocabulary, but for good purposes, she has to.

"Okay." Krystal said lowly. She slowly looked at the menu. But since, she can't read skillfully yet, she decided to base it on the photos only. Her smile went back to her face as she began checking the food one by one. They all look tasty for her. But she has her favorite. So she look for it and once she spotted it, she pointed and told the kind unnie it's her favorite. And that, she wanted to eat it for supper.

"Okay, let's order that for two." Seohyun took the menu and signals a waitress nearby to take their order.

"You also want to eat creamy pasta?" Krystal wondered why the order is for two.

"It's also my favorite." Seohyun smiled so big.

"Chincha? That's great." Krystal smiled so big as well. "But really... You're Appa's friend?" But it disappears when she was reminded by the reason why this older girl approach her. "The other day also, an Ahjussi approach me. He is so friendly but he left right away."

"You're talking about Mister Kwon, right?"

"Yes. You know him?"

Seohyun nodded. "Yep. We're friends as well." Her smiles are all over her face still.

"Oh, no wonder. How is Mister Kwon?" Krystal unconsciously asked.

"He's doing well. He sends his regards by the way."

"Chincha? I hope he visits me again."

"He will. But right now, he's quite busy. That's why it's Unnie who came." Seohyun sheepishly smiled.

"Oh, it's okay." Krystal assuringly smile.

"So how was school, Krys?" Seohyun proceed with a famous question done by a parent.

"It's fine. But sometimes I can't understand the lessons. But glad I have a classmate that will make me understand." The little girl smiled so big.

"Aww... That's good to know. Your father will be so happy about this."

"He's always is."

"And must be so proud?"

"Yes, he always say that."

"You must have love your father a lot."

"Absolutely! Because Appa is the coolest and greatest father!"

Seohyun is left speeches. Having learned about Mister Lee's past with the chairman, she thought he wouldn't be a good father. But it turns to be proven wrong. He seems to have really taken care of her. Well, the fact that it's his daughter with Jessica, he really should love her. "He is indeed... A good father." She could only say with an awkward smile.

Innocent Krystal shows an approving two thumbs up.

"Anyway, what do you do after school, Krys? I mean, besides from going home or studying. What do you like to do?" Seohyun feels like she sounds an interviewer, but there's no more ideas that comes to her mind. She wanted to keep the girl company.

"I like playing."

"What kind of games?" Seohyun who also love games couldn't help herself and get interested. Her big smile went back.

"Do you know rock, paper, and scissor?" Krystal grinned so wide.

"I know a lot of games like that... But what specifically?"

"The game where the winner have to flick the loser's forehead? And then the winner will move step forward towards the prize."

"What's the prize?"

"A pack of marshmallow."

"You love marshmallow?"

"It's the best!" Krystal couldn't help herself and make a thumb up.

Seohyun giggles and pinch her cheeks gently. "You're so adorable."

"Excuse me girls, here's your order." Just then, the waiter comes back with their foods.

"Thanks for the treat Unnie." Krystal didn't miss a chance and she bows in gratefulness. The other day was with the kind man, now it's a kind lady. She felt so happy and at the same time, thankful for their kindness towards her.

"No problem. Go eat up, krys." Seohyun smiled genuinely to the little girl. Krystal smiled so big and complied. While she's busy, Seohyun watches her eat. 'Mister Kwon is right. Krystal is such a sweet little girl. She doesn't deserve anyone to hurt her. But I gotta say, she really resembles Mister Kwon. How can the father haven't figure this? Hmm..'

Meanwhile in the side, Donghae is quietly convinced that Jessica's assistant's intention is to know her daughter only. And it's obvious that Yul have ask her. Heck, it was a surprise for him that Yul visited also his daughter. He wonders what was his plans? He surely need to be careful from now on.

 


***

 

A huge grin is apparent in Yoong's face as he picked up the flowers from the back seat. It's not only just for his mother, but it is also for his girlfriend, who had been working non stop from left to right. She deserves more than flowers honestly. But as per of their secret relationship, he can only give flowers for the meantime.

Shortly, he arrived in front of his mother's ward, all smiling and ready to greet her with the flowers. But as he was about to open the door, the other side opened it for him.

"Oh, Appa." He greeted gleefully, the moment he saw his father is the one who opened it. "Aunt Fany?" But he got surprise to see another person behind.

"Hi, Yoong. It's been a while." Tiffany did not miss the chance and she greeted the young kwon to her embrace. "You got so big, eh?"

Yoong chuckled only. He couldn't able to hug his aunt with the flowers in his arms.

"Or you got younger?" Tiffany added, pulling back to see her nephew's face.

"None of the above, fany-ah." Jessica replied in behalf of her son.

"He got more handsome." Yul also speaks, giving his son a pat in his head.

"Aigoo, the last time I've seen you was when you're still wearing diapers. Do you still wear it right now, Yoong?" Tiffany asked without hesitations, earning laughter from his parents and Yoong is like a baby, turning red out of embarrassment. Instead of giving the flowers to his mother, he give the other to his Aunt, to shut her up, then walk away. He looked for Seohyun instead of going back inside.

 

-

 

"She's still not answering?"

Yoong glanced over the driver's seat and shakes his head to his father. Ever since they left the hospital with his mother being discharged, he never seen his girlfriend. It wasn't only him that was concerned, his parents as well.

"This is so rare. She will answer every time you call, right?" Jessica said, wondering.

"Yes. She will always do. Or she will even call me first if she will go somewhere without me." Yoong replied as he tried to contact Seohyun's mother this time.

"I'll call Taeyeon again, then." Jessica took her phone as well and dialed her friend's number.

Yul who was driving couldn't do anything but to hope Seohyun did not get into trouble. He knows the latter went to see Krystal. But that was it only. He had no more news. 'Nurse Seo, wherever you are. Please always be safe. I will not forgive myself if Donghae caught you.'

"Anyeong, Mrs. Seo. Um... It's Yoong." Yoong speaks as soon as the other line answered.

[Kwon Yoong?]

"Yes, Mrs. Seo. Um, Is Seohyun there?" Yoong hesitantly answered back.

[My daughter isn't here, Yoong. Why? Is she missing?] Mrs. Seo gasps in her last word, sensing the possibilities.

"N-No! It's not like that. I haven't seen her, so I thought I could see her there. She's probably now in the mansion. Yeah, hehe. Thanks for your time, Mrs. Seo." Yoong couldn't careless. So she ended the call right away. "She's not at home as well, Omma. Where on earth she is?!" He exclaimed, getting frustrated now.

Jessica who just ended her conversation with Taeyeon as well, give her son a pat on his shoulder. "She must probably be in the mansion."

"Did Doctor Kim confirmed?"

"She did not but it's what Seohyun told her earlier. She will not come and see with me. Instead, she go straight to the mansion."

Yoong groaned and ruffle his hair. "I hate this!!! She's making me worrieeeed!!! Seo Joohyuuuunnnn!!! Where the hell are youuuu!!!"

Taken aback, Jessica can't find the words to react. She had never seen her son being this way. As if, Seohyun is such a gem for him, he can kill someone right now. It feels different from the last time he confessed to her that he likes her.

"I just hope Joohyun is indeed in the mansion." Yoong hang his head low, quite tired now. He realized his mother is not speaking anymore next to him. He slowly turned his head to check on her, the latter is staring intently towards him. "Omma? Something wrong?" His question got his father from the driver's side attention to them.

"Yoong..."

"Hmm?"

Taking her son's right hand, Jessica did not lose her eye-contact with her son as she proceed, "Do you by chance dating Seo Joohyun now?" Without any regrets.

Stunned, Yoong freezes on the spot. "C-Come again?"

"You wouldn't be too concerned right now if you guys doesn't have special connections yet." Jessica explained her question. She's not blind not to over think this way. She can feel it, Yoong and her nurse are an item already.

Yoong looked outside, taking his time on how to answer his mother. He was too surprise that he barely could think properly at the moment. 'Otoke, mind please... Work now!!! What are you going to do!!! Think! Think! Thiiiiiink!!!'

"Silence means, yes, son." Yul blurted, loud enough for his son to look at him with a glare. He chuckled and returned his focus to the road.

"Well, it's okay if you can't confirm it right away. I wouldn't also mind if you guys are dating now. Seohyun is a good kid, I know she will take care of you." Jessica reached for her son's hand again and squeeze it gently, showing her support for their relationship.

Yoong turned to his mother and smile. "Thank you, Omma." Grateful to know her mother is supporting. He sense he doesn't need to confirm it. So he decided to go that way. His mother knows best after all.

"We need to meet with her parents, asap, then." Yul grinned so wide, glancing over the back seat. His son and his soon to be wife again had a different expressions; Jessica smiled sweetly, indicating that she likes the idea. Whilst for Yoong, he had a fierce look still for his father.

 

***

 

"Looks like you had a great time, honey." Donghae glanced to his daughter, all smiling.

"I already had lunch. Krystal is happy." Krystal said while squeezing the stuff toy the kind unnie gave her.

"And who are you with this time?" Donghae asked, focusing back to the road.

"Seohyun Unnie. You know her, right Appa?"

'Just now.' Donghae thought. "Yeah. She's Appa's office mate. Why? It's her that's making you smile right now?"

"Yes." Krystal nodded her head innocently. "She treated me lunch and gifted me this stuff toy. Isn't this adorable?"

"Angry bird?" Donghae chuckled. "It looks like." As he find the stuff toy not even cute. "Why on earth she gave you that? That's not your favorite, right?"

"It must be her favorite stuff toy." The little girl giggles. "And I think I will too."

"Well, not bad." Donghae glances back to his daughter again. Only to grimace, when the latter kiss the stuff toy. "From all the stuff toy. That girl is something.tsk,tsk." he had his head shaking, almost couldn't believe she's someone from Jessica's side.

"She's really kind Appa. I liked her already."

"That's good to know you're making friends." Donghae patted his daughter's head. "But just like I told you, don't speak to strangers. Pick to whoever you want to talk to. You will never know when are bad guys appeared."

"Yes. I'm careful, Appa." Krystal smiled reassuringly, earning her father's warm smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter