Little Star

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 | Little Star

 

:::

 

"Fiiiineee!!!" Yoong had enough. He can no longer run for so long. He thought he would collapse anytime soon if he continue. This girl seems a good runner. How can he catch her? He felt ashamed for the first time being a guy. As the girl her back, her expressions earlier never faded, that cheerfulness in her face. Despite her disheveled hair. "Now go back here and give that to me." He commanded and exhaled so loud. It's only been hours since he arrives, and yet, he's already thirsty and sweating.

 

Seohyun complied slowly while she drags the luggage with her. She stopped only when they're just two steps away from each other. "You... Are... Going... To stay... In your mother's house now?" She asks carefully, while she's catching on her breath.

 

"Do I need to... tell you twice?" Yoong mocked, almost immediately earning this girl's smile. "Give me that." He took his luggage from her, before she could run away again.

 

"Oh! Just on time." Seohyun's attention averted to a car behind the doe-eyed boy's shoulder. In which, the latter have also followed her gazes.

 

"Who's that?" Yoong raised his brows nonchalantly.

 

"Your mom's driver, Mister Kwon." Seohyun didn't hesitate and she grabs the taller one's arm and drags him with her to the car, that just pulled over in the side of the road. Yoong has no more time to react and just complied. "After you, Mister Kwon." She cheerfully says, as she opens the car in the back seat. 

 

"I'll take the passenger seat." Yoong however refused. He opened the door in the front seat before the girl could react, and stepped inside.

 

Seohyun had a satisfied smile. She was about to bring his luggage at the trunk when Sehun got it for her and put it there in behalf of her. She said her thanks and followed inside, yet alone in the backseat.

 

"Thanks for fetching us, Sehun-ssi." She said, as soon as the young drive takes the driver's seat. She only received his salute and drives them off carefully in the road. "So Mister Kwon-"

 

"Just call me Yoong. That's too old fashion." Yoong cuts, as he felt annoyed more being called with only his surname. He is not used to it. "Although I liked that surname, I prefer being called my name."

 

"Um, Okay." Seohyun put on a small smile. "As I was-"

 

"Can you shut your mouth at least for an hour? I'm freaking tired with the run you got for me! Just an hour, please?" Yoong bluntly continued his sentence. He shot the girl a quick glare through the rear view mirror before he turned the other side. 

 

Stunned, Seohyun could only comply and thought she was indeed being so talkative. Or did he just really doesn't like her right away? First impression, maybe? She blame it to her Omma, who is so chatty as well. But she was only doing her job, was it wrong? But even so, she also knows how to shut though. She's glad he comes with her now. That is all important at the moment.

 

Leaning over her seat, she crossed her arms and suddenly felt sleepy. She let out a yawn and decided to close her eyes. Slowly but surely, she fell asleep. She woke up so early in the morning, not surprising she becomes so sleepy this easily.

 

As the car went into a full silence, Yoong was relieved and also decided to close his eyes. However, he opens them again when heard the driver's voice.

 

"Isn't she adorable?" 

 

He finds himself looking at the driver, brows rising. But his eyes are on the rear view mirror for a split second, that he also followed his gazes. 

 

"She's really cheerful too." Sehun continued his words, smiling on his own, like he means his words. "Everything about her is just awesome." 

 

Yoong has no idea what is this Sehun trying to say, but as he continue watching the girl from the back seat, now creating soft snores, he can't help but smile. No one from the girls he met in Chicago could actually sleep while snoring. They're all classy. But this girl, she doesn't give a damn. Not to mention, her hair is at mess. "Crazy girl." He thought loud enough.

 

"And that crazy girl is making everyone in the mansion always smile." Sehun blurted without pausing.

 

Yoong couldn't talk back. He is speechless. By the way this driver is praising the annoying girl, he sounds like he knew her well already. "But she just started being an assistant last week... How can you say things like that?" but something is weird that he needed to speak.

 

"Yeah, just last week. However, within that week, she got our hearts already." Sehun said with a meaningful smile.

 

"I don't get it. Aren't you from the mansion?" Yoong got more confused.

 

"Yup." 

 

"Then why are you saying..."

 

"Oh, I get what you mean now. She also stays in the mansion." Sehun quickly supported his reply, flashing a grin towards their boss' son.

 

Yoong took a little while before it came to his understanding. "I see... " he bobs his head up and down. "So... I'll get to see her everyday." came his disappointing statement. Even though earlier, he loves teasing her, with what happened in the cab, it surely changed his view for this girl. Glancing over the back seat, he sighed in defeat.

 

"By the way, welcome back, Mister Kwon." Sehun smiled, so friendly.

 

Yoong just smiled back without a word, as he returned sigh-seeing outside. 'Well, it isn't bad staying in mom's side. Just ignore having conversation with her, Yoong.' He thought.

 

 

***

 

 

"Where is Nurse Seo?" Taeyeon arrived in Jessica's office, expecting to see her number one and trusted nurse, but turned out, she is alone. But she did not expect to see her in-law, welling up with tears while hugging some sort of a folder. "Are you okay, Jess?" She rephrased her question and approached her slowly. 

 

Jessica slowly opened her eyes and smile, despite her tears. "He's back." came his whisper response. "He's back. He's back, Tae. My son, he's back." She can't really put her happiness into words and just keep on saying the same words over and over again, until she stopped and looked at the photo of his resume. Yoong's charming face made her chuckle.

 

"Hold on." Taeyeon sense her in-law needs some water. She headed to the pantry and went back with a glass of water. "Here, have some water." She handed it hurriedly to her. While she is taking her time, drinking the water, she checks her pulse in her free wrist if it was normal. A sigh of relief escaped her lips. It always worries her if she's quiet emotional, because it can make her more weak. She's already sick, she doesn't want to see another reason to be concern. Giving her comfort, she massage her hand while her other hand is in her back, rubbing her gently there.

 

"Yoong, Kwon Yoong... " Jessica's voice finally was normal after she had her water. She handed the folder to her friend doctor.

 

Taeyeon took it and check what's inside. She now understands well why her in-law is being emotional. Yoong's resume explains it all.

 

"He seems to have seen... the job posted online and comes back to apply personally." Jessica believes so. Since her nurse was seen surprised earlier too, she thought her son saw that her company is in need of an architect. "What do you think?"

 

"This is... surprising. How... on earth... this happened? Did he-"

 

"Let's not talk about it. What is important right now is that... I'll get a chance." Jessica's eyes are hopeful. As her tears began to be visible again, Taeyeon is quick from wiping them off. She is flattered. "I'll get a chance now... making up with my mistakes." And appreciated the care from Taeyeon. She held her hand to stopped her. 

 

"I  loved that idea, Jess. However, please be aware of your condition. You don't want him worrying about you, do you? Do it slowly. Otherwise, he'll get to know so early." Taeyeon advices. "Take every chances in heart too."

 

Jessica nodded her head in understanding. She warmly smiled to her friend and stared down to her son's photo again. "He really grow up so well, isn't he? Can I still call him, little star?"

 

"He's your son, what is there to surprise?" 

 

"Yeah. I am still the mother... But I'm not being a mother. I've hurt him." Jessica sighs. Whether she likes it or not, it's the fact that she can't deny. But she's hopeful she can make this up for her son, now that he's near her.

 

"Everything happened because it has a reason, you know that well." Taeyeon softly utters. She was there when everything was so mess up. And it's hard to see what are they now, separated.

 

"I know. But I'll take the credit for being careless."

 

"Anyway, tomorrow is your second chemo. I'm - Wait, where's Nurse Seo? She should be here to discuss this." Taeyeon looked around awkwardly, as if she still can find Seohyun.

 

"I told her to follow my son and bring him home. She'll be here later." Jessica smiled inwardly.

 

"Really?" Taeyeon furrows her brows.

 

 

***

 

 

Seohyun woke up only after thirty minutes. But that was because she heard a lot of honks. In her mind, it says they're still in the road. "What is going on?" So she woke up wondering.

 

"It seems an accident happened. Traffic is being observed, Seohyun-ssi. So some motorists are now getting impatient." Sehun explained by glancing to the girl at the back seat.

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun looked outside. "Did 911 already arrived?"

 

"They're already mending the victims." Sehun replied instantly.

 

Seohyun was relieved. In case, she would never bother and help.

 

"Can we take another road?" Yoong suggested, impatiently.

 

"I don't think so, Mister Kwon. We have no way to U-turn." Sehun sadly informed. He himself is getting impatient. But he can't do anything anymore.

 

Yoong groaned and put his earphone back to his ears, crosses his arms and closes his eyes. Seohyun in the back seat shook her head in disbelief. She wanted to tell him something but she decided to stay mum. Or it could worsens his mood.

 

Upon hearing her phone beeps, she casually fished it out of her pocket and check the message from Doctor Kim. She mentally scolded herself for forgetting the latter is coming in JYS Company. But she has her reason too. So she sent her a message in regards to her location and assuring the latter she's coming back after sending the boss' son to the mansion.

 

She received a quick response which made her smile in content.

 

"Anything in mind to make this traffic interesting Joohyun-ssi?" Yoong asked, loud enough. He can't continue listening to the same song anymore.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun just hum, as her brows are creasing in puzzlement.

 

"Like, do you know how to sing? Maybe it could lighten up the mood." Yoong dared playfully. "Just anything you know. I would accept that."

 

Sehun smiled inwardly with the sudden idea from the young Architect.

 

"So you want me to sing for you?"

 

"Ugh, just sing." Yoong groaned.

 

"Okay." Convinced, Seohyun opened her phone back and scrolled on her songs stored in her device. She had a smirk forming in her lips when she finally found the fit song in their current situation. She played the instrumental of the song and began singing on tone. "Hey, I was doing just fine before you. I drink too much and that's an issue. But I'm okay."

 

"What?" Yoong was chuckled, couldn't believe what is this crazy girl singing for him. He knew the song, but he did not expect it will be the song she is singing. He expects for a childish song.

 

"Hey." Seohyun doesn't bother about the doe-eyed's reaction. "Tell your friend it was nice to meet them." Her head is moving to the beat of the song while doing hand gestures. "But I hope I never see them aga~in."

 

"I know it breaks your heart. Moved to the city in a broken down car~ And four years no calls. Now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar~"

 

"And I, I, I, I, I, I, can't stop~"

 

"No I, I, I, I, I, can't stop~"

 

Sehun snickers whilst Yoong is agape. Agape because, her voice sounds good in singing, compared to when she is yelling at him. Who would like someone yelling right?

 

'Not bad. She has vocals.' he thought as he closes his lips and unconsciously smile, looking outside the window. When the beat drops, his head couldn't hold it and move from up and down, a little. And his mouth unconsciously moved to sing. But in a murmur way.

 

Sehun's head is also moving, but almost the same as the guy next to him. He doesn't want to be obvious. He can't stop watching Seohyun at the back seat. The girl is like in a club, dancing to the music without caring there are two guys in the car. But as soon as the girl caught him staring, she compose herself and continue singing without dancing. Hence, the part where there's no lyrics have finished.

 

Yoong is too unaware in his seat, since he already got immense of singing as well. Although it's only him who can hear. He can also hear Seohyun's voice more.

 

That one song follows for more songs, until their car have finally moved.

 

 

-

 

 

A huge exhales escaped Yoong's lips after having the whole bottle of water, the moment he arrives in the kitchen, in Jung Mansion. Every single maids around him are agape, watching him. As if, he's some celebrity, their eyes are dreamily staring towards him. He wasn't even satisfied yet. He took another bottle from the fridge and began drinking. In the middle of it, he can hear Seohyun's voice outside, sounds like talking with his mother? But he surely believes the girl has some big mouth. He can hear her voice even from the kitchen. Which is big enough. Or was it only her making noise that she's the only one he can hear? Perhaps it's like that.

 

As soon as he had his last gulped, he wiped his pair of lips with the back of his hand and put the bottle on the counter. He finally looked at the maids, whose eyes are not blinking. "Do I have something in my face?" and he wonders.

 

Like it was the only thing they're waiting for, all of them bowed and clean the scene. Yoong's lips curled into an amuse smile. He sighs and walked out the kitchen, where he meet Seohyun in the living room. 

 

"Great. Thank you." Seohyun ended her second call after she had with the chairman. She turned her attention to the doe-eyed. But the latter only passes and took his luggage. She hastily followed him upstairs.

 

"I'm pretty sure you know where am I staying at, am I right?" Yoong glances to the girl next to him.

 

"Yup. I'll take you there, Mister - I mean, Yoong-ssi." Seohyun immediately changed the name before she could be scolded.

 

"Are all maids here, weird?"

 

"Yes?" She had a blank face.

 

Yoong chuckles. "They seems to just see someone so handsome. All of them couldn't stop staring at me if I did not say a thing earlier."

 

"M-Maybe?" Seohyun sure this doe-eyed boy has some 'cockiness' in him. But she unknowingly doesn't bother. She then leads him to another hallway, where he walk first and search for that room the chairman have told her. "Here we are." It was on the left side, just two doors away from the chairman's room. As she opened it slowly, Yoong stood taller behind her.

 

"Not bad." Yoong mutters, as he walks in. He thought it would be the same room from their previous house. But this mansion is totally different. It's modern and wide. The balcony is just across the white king size bed, big closet nearby, big TV screen in the right side with its couches, bathroom in the left side which is made of glass and another door which he has no idea yet what's inside.

 

"I'm-W-Wait." Seohyun was about to say something about the room when the doe-eyed started dragging her outside. And before she knows it,

 

*thud* The door was close in front of her eyes. 

 

"I'm going to shower and change clothes. I don't need anyone in this room." Yoong explained at the other side. "If you want to say something, reserve it later." He added as he made his way to the bathroom. However, he only took five steps, when heard Seohyun's voice outside.

 

"I was suppose to tell you that the other door is empty. I mean, the room in that door. Your mother told me you can do whatever you want with that, since it's part of your room. And... I'm going back to JSY. So make yourself comfortable, Yoong-ssi. Welcome back~ and see you later."

 

Yoong just ignore it and takes his jacket off, followed by his shirt, throwing it on the bed before he made his way to the bathroom.

 

Seohyun doesn't have to wait for any response as well. She just left the door without a word anymore. She wen to the kitchen and saw empty bottles of water, not being put in the sink. So she put it on behalf of the doe-eyed. She opened the fridge and grabs another bottle.

 

"He really looks like his mother." Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice behind, she close the fridge and face her - one of the maids, Tzuyu. 

 

"In which part?" She asks as she drinks her water. Her eyes are still on her while she's drinking. 

 

"All? I mean, his face is really like Ma'am Jessica. I wonder in which part does he got his father?" Tzuyu dreamily asks, leaning into the counter with her elbows on top and chin on her palm.

 

"I don't have any idea how his father look like. But I'm pretty sure he got his height from him. Anyway, I need to go. Tell the others I send my regards." Seohyun said and put aside the bottle, before she left in the process.

 

 

***

 

 

later in the night-

 

 

The car Seohyun and Jessica pulled carefully over in front of the mansion; safe and sound. Exhausted, Jessica still manage to put on a small smile, recalling that her son have arrived unexpectedly from Chicago. And thinking he must be waiting excites her. However, something came up to her mind that instant.

 

"Do you think... he's still awake?" She blocked her nurse from leaving the car with her hand over her stomach. She looked at her, searching for her answer.

 

"Ma'am, it's still early for him to sleep. And your chef would never serve the food in the dining room without you. So I'm sure of it, he's still awake, waiting for you." Seohyun cheerfully says.

 

"Hmm, Okay." Jessica softly utters, retracting back her hand.

 

Seohyun took the cue and stepped out of the car. A butler opens the car door in the opposite side for Jessica in the process. She lip-smiled when she saw her glances at her, before they made their way inside casually. Likewise, she's tailing behind. 

 

Meanwhile, clad in a sleeveless shirt and shorts, Yoong finally felt his empty stomach, tossed his earphone on the side and exited his room. Just as he was making down stairs, the main door was opened, he stopped half way when he saw who entered. He looked else where their eyes meet. He then continue his steps without looking to her. But as soon as he reached the last step, he changed his mind. "Are you guys heading straight to the dining room?" He asks, but his eyes are on Seohyun.

 

"Y-Yes--"

 

"We're going there together." Jessica almost immediately beat Seohyun. She smiled longingly for him. "Welcome back, son. I'm so glad to see you back."

 

Yoong only give his mother a small glance. "Then I'm going there first." As he quickly turned away and lead them there.

 

Seohyun attempted to rub her boss' back when the latter followed her son that instant. She sighed and immediately followed too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter