Hold On

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27 | Hold On

 

***

 

It's been 8 hours ever since she lost her unconsciousness. One blonde young mother is slowly waking up from her deep slumber. The blurry images she can see is slowly getting clear, as she continues to blink her eyes slowly but surely. 'Whare am I... ‘turning her head to her right, the first thing that caught her attention is the IV, and that made her looked up, her mind slowly understands that she's apparently in the hospital. And in that moment also, her mind flashes back to the event before she got herself, lying in her hospital bed, inside her ward.

 

All of her previous memories is just too good to be true that it causes for her lips to curve into a one big smile. The laughter, the sweet kisses, the fun in every rides she did with her daughter and fiance, their photo time together that was only full of big smiles, Krystal's constant whine every time she and Yul will prank their daughter, and their happy and memorable dinner in a fast food restaurant, by Krystal's request; there's only one thing she can describe about it; Perfect. Her happiness is now perfectly complete, with the two of the most precious persons she has in her life right now. There's no doubt, her heart will never ask for more. This is the time where she can truly be grateful with what's going on with her life, despite having this illness.

 

Suddenly feeling someone holds her hand, she turned her head on the side and just realized, Yul had been sleeping next to her, with her head near her legs and she's holding her hand.

 

Her heart flutters, as her lips sweetly curved into a smile again. That baby face from Yul never change, despite his age. He got more handsome to be honest. Oh how much she wanted to kiss his forehead and whispers to his ears how much she loves him. And how much she is so grateful that he came back to her life. That he never give up on her, despite the years that past.

 

Suddenly, she heard the door being opened. It causes for her to avert her attention to it, and Yul is waking up slowly from his slumber.

 

"Oh, you're awake." Yul said softly, as his lips curved into a smile. But he immediately turned to the door when he sensed someone is walking inside. It's Taeyeon, wearing a sweet smile not only for him but also for the blonde. "Hey." He stands up and instinctively gives her a way.

 

Taeyeon casually approached her patient and checks on her. "How are you feeling right now?" she asks as she gently took her hand without unlocking their gazes.

 

"I feel just fine. What happened last night?" Asked Jessica as she holds her doctor back. Yul takes the other side of her and the latter answers it.

 

"You collapse, I think it was because of how exhausted are you over the day." Yul sits down at the edge of the blonde's bed.

 

"Yul was right. But It was also due for the fact that the count of your cancer cells have increased." Taeyeon explained further.

 

"What do you mean about that, Doctor Kim?" Yul asked curiously and worriedly for the current health of his lover.

 

"That means, we have to undergo another laboratory tests to make sure the stage of your cancer isn't that bad. You will be undergoing severe chemotherapy if it's necessary." Taeyeon informed with a glance to Yul in the side.

 

"I see..." Nodding his head, Yul gently holds his fiancée’s hand and give it a comforting squeeze. "You'll be fine soon, so stay strong and keep going okay? Don't worry about us and Krystal, I got them. I got Yoong with me to take care Krystal. You focus more on recovering... Because I believe, you can beat this. You're stronger than me, aren't you?"

 

Jessica smiled, and feels like she's going to explode because of being overwhelmed, upon hearing her lover's words. She's honestly worried about Krystal, since it seems she cannot continue playing more with her in the next days. But she doesn't need to worry about that, with Yul being her hero. "How did it goes?" But she still couldn't stopped herself and asked about her daughter's current state. She and Yul have told her already about the truth with Donghae's help through a video last night. But she did know what her daughter’s reaction was because before she can see it, her visions blurred and resulted for her to faint.

 

"You mean... Krystal... Finding the truth?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"She's with nurse Seo at the moment. She seemed bright. I don't see any problem about her actions." Taeyeon said, earning the couple's attention.

 

"Chincha? I thought she's with Yoong?"

 

"Your son left to the company. He will be back after lunch." Taeyeon informed, flashing a warm smile to the couple. "Don't think too much about Krystal, Jess. Because the more you get stressed, the easy for cancer cells to increase. You know what you should do? Relax your mind and go out for a walk in the garden. But don't ever get exhausted. Otherwise, we will get you back in your bed."

 

"So I can actually see Krystal?"

 

"I just said it, don't get tired. It will be bad for your weak body. This was the reason why you collapse last night. It was like an over fatigue and apparently, it did not help your cancer. Anyway, you will have your Breakfast and medicine first before seeing with your daughter." Taeyeon said and put Jessica's hand down. "My nurse will be here later to give you the food. I'll see you later again, okay? Yul, take care of your wife." She teased and casually walks out the room.

 

"I love how that sound like." Yul softly says while smiling charmingly and caressing the blonde girl's hand.

 

"What... are you saying?" Jessica however has no idea what is her fiancé talking about.

 

"My wife?" Yul grinned, earning a giggle from the blonde. "And I have to agree with that. You will be soon my wife. Well, officially. Since at this moment, we are almost like a wife and husband with our two children already."

 

"I was about to tell you that." Jessica said and reached for Yul's cheek, as she put her left palm against it. "But of course, to be married in front of our friends and our God, is more than beautiful to see." she rubs his cheek with her thumb gently, while smiling sweetly to her soon to be husband again. "And I can't wait for that happened. Because I sweat, it's going to be blast. Hehe."

 

"You're not too excited no?"

 

"Well." Jessica giggles.

 

Yul leaned down and kissed the blonde's forehead. "Being with you again had been so rewarding for me, Sica. So please... don't ever give up on us... to our family... just like the way I did way back. I know you're stronger than me, so I have confidence that you will make this through."

 

Jessica can't help shed tears as she gets emotional. She knows she's being positive, but it's not guaranteed that being positive, it will help her beat cancer. It's like being positive is only giving her good spirit to keep going, but cancer is cancer, its unpredictable when will it beat her instead. But before that could happen, or she wish it wouldn't happen, she will do her best to create more one memories with her children. Especially with Yul, who had been so patient and not leaving her side. It's suddenly hard to be so positive with her condition now. "I don't know if... I can stay like that forever... “she breaks down into a soft sob.

 

Yul's chest tightens, knowing exactly that the blonde is having a hard time staying positive. He leaned more and wraps his arms around her. Jessica sobs harder, as she nuzzles her face in his neck. He nearly broke down too if he did not reminds himself that it's him who should be staying strong for her. So she won't ever think of giving up. "Please hold on there, not just for yourself but to the people who will be so happy if you get this through, Sica. I'm asking you, while you can still hold on."

 

Outside the ward, Seohyun is carrying Krystal in her arms. She is also crying like her mother is doing inside. She asked her if she wants to go inside too but she refused and just want to watch her mother from afar. It almost want her to cry as well, but like Yul, she doesn't want to be the reason for the little girl to have more reason to be sad and weak. So she keep all her emotions while comforting the younger girl, who apparently is not just sad because of her mother, but also of the truth she learned about her real parents.

 

***

 

"She's with Mister Lee with a doctor for kids. I think so far, she's starting to take the truth." said the young nurse while she's peeling the apple, sitting next to her patient.

 

A heavy sigh escaped Jessica's lips upon hearing her daughter is having a hard time accepting the truth. "It's been five days since she learned about my cancer and about her parents. If I know this will happened...Aigoo, Poor my little Krystal. I sometimes wish I could return back that day and just cancel whatever was planned..." she's sad to know it happened that way.

 

"Whether you have to cancel it or not, she will get to know no matter what, Ma'am." Seohyun believe so. "It's just unfortunate that you also collapse that day. It was a double pain for her. Aigoo..."

 

"I know. Ugh, I miss playing with her." Jessica can't help and groan, showing her longing for her daughter. Three days in bed after laboratory tests is causing for her to get bore and sometimes dizzy. It's like, every medicine she's taking won't actually help her gain some strength. Probably because she hasn't used to the new medicines her doctor is giving to her. She just hope in time, she'll beat cancer, because she can already feel how it is to be stuck in bed. She's like the weakest living on earth, and that frustrates her.

 

"I miss watching that too, Ma'am." Seohyun flashed a bright smile. Honestly, she had been doing it, to keep her patient's mood always good. Because there are sometimes, after her chemo, she will yell all the pain she is experiencing. It's becoming hard for her to take the severe chemo therapy, which always breaks her heart.

 

"By the way, how are you and my son? It looks like you guys are okay now?" Jessica suddenly thought about her son, who would only visit her every night. Since she ask him to take on the unfinish works she left in the office.

 

"Honestly I have to thank you, Ma'am." Seohyun never dropped her smile.

 

"Waeyo?" However, the blonde has no idea what is she talking about.

 

"Don't you remember? It was you who pursued me to talk with him. And you also told Yoong about it. I'm glad you did because it clears up Yoong's mind. I mean, something have triggered in his mind that he ends up being charming and lovable again. I really couldn't imagine what could have happened to us without you, Ma'am. And I thank you for supporting us. This really means so much for us." Seohyun said gratefully. She put the apple and knife down so she can held the blonde's right hand, giving her a warm hold. "So you really don't have to worry about us now. We've become stronger ever since that day..." she reassured her. "We got this. Okay?"

 

Jessica is flattered. She smiled back and hold the younger back. "That's good to know. But if-"

 

"I just told you, Ma'am, don't worry about us." Seohyun interrupted with firm words, before the latter could even mention of concerning over their relationship. "You know what you should do? Just keep on smiling... because I'm sure everyone around you will love to see it."

 

"Okay, as you say so. I just want to ask now about your family then. How are they doing? You know it's been months since you never went home ever since you started taking care of me. Your little brother, how is he doing? I thought you'll bring him to the mansion since Krystal started living there.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter