Reason

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28 | Reason

 

***

 

It had been few hours that passed and yet Seohyun couldn't figure why everyone in their table is so quiet. It's like after the meeting with Doctor Kim, everyone are so down or something bothering them, especially the two guys in their table. Well, Krystal is quiet because she told her she will think of it until tonight. So the little girl doesn't have something to do with how Yoong, Yul and the chairman are behaving in their meals. Honestly, She eager to know the result but she's afraid it will worsen their mood. 

 

'Better if I ask later... with no Krystal on sight.' She decided and just continue her meal silently, like the three are doing.

 

"So what movie are we going to watch?" However, after a long silence, the chairman broke her voice and asks everyone, especially to her daughter, whose eyes lit up when she looked at her with that question. "Anything in mind, baby?" She asked, without missing a beat, smiling so bright to her daughter, even though inside, it's still so heavy. 

 

Krystal turned to her father and the latter smiled, ushering her to think of it. She also glanced to her brother and her favorite Unnie, both are smiling the same, waiting for her to say the movie title she wanted to watch with them. "Can we watch Sing? You know that animated movie, Omma?" she excitedly asks her mother.

 

"I had the same thing in mind." Yul chuckled softly, making everyone smile towards him.

 

"Okay, let's watch that together then. Then after that, let's go on a ice skating. Then after that, let's go on an arcade center for our last stop before going home." Jessica did not pause and she also revealed another plans in her head. "Is that going to be okay?"

 

"Chincha? Yay! Thank You, Omma!" Krystal happily throws her arms around her mother, but only for a brief moment, as she stood up and also approached her father, giving her the same hug. 

 

"Aigoo, this kiddo." Said Yul as he hugs his daughter back. But before he could get used to it, the little girl then went to her brother and embrace him too.

 

"What's up with you? Why suddenly so sweet?" Yoong chuckled, hugging the little girl back. He only received her giggles before she pulled back and embraced his girlfriend as the last person she will do. However, Krystal takes time with her. "Yah! What about us?" he complained, together his parents.

 

Pulling back from the hug, Krystal faces her family while holding her favorite unnie's hand. "Omma, Appa, Oppa... Can't we let go of Seohyun Unnie?" she revealed it without hesitations. She wraps her arms around the latter are one arm and shows her pouty lips. "I'm going to miss her so much. I'm going to miss playing and swimming with her in the pool. So can't we just keep her? Please?" she additionally says while leaning her head on the blade of the older girl's shoulder.

 

Yoong, Yul and Jessica all eyed each other, doesn't have any idea how did Krystal ends up being close with Seohyun. But they sure loved that idea of the little girl. Only that -

 

"Honey, contract is a contract. We cannot keep her anymore with us when it already ended. She has her real work in this hospital which is even better because she can help more people other than me. And besides, she'll be visiting us during her breaks or have dinner with us again." Jessica couldn't give what her daughter wants. "Nothing to be actually missed about her. I mean, I sure do will miss her every morning, but we can't be selfish. She has her own family too." she ended it with a smile to her sad daughter.

 

"Your mother is right, honey. We should be considering her own family as well. I'm sure they missed her a lot." Yul definitely agrees with his fiancee. Seohyun just couldnt' say a word and hopes Krystal understands her parents.

 

"How about you, Oppa?" Krystal felt so disappointed and now turned to her brother. "You're dating her so I'm sure you agree with me, right?" she put on a cute smile, hoping the latter is on her side.

 

Yoong took a mouthful bimbap first and chew on it while glancing to his girlfriend, who is apparently staring at him with a confused look. Both of his parents are waiting for his response, but he can truly see it in their eyes to don't disappoint their daughter. "Well... I'm actually agree with you, Krystal. I mean, who would actually let Seohyun go when she's doing well as a private nurse for Omma, and she's doing great also as your future unnie... And I have to say... " he pause intentionally so he can tease the anticipation of every person in their table, especially from the only innocent one, Krystal. "I agree with Omma and Appa. Let's give Seohyun her freedom now to be with her family always. But here's a thing... " He then suddenly took something from the pocket of his jacket and put it on the table. "We can still sign her. Only this time, she has to make a decision after a month or two." He grinned, as he glances to both of his parents. Both knew his plan too well earlier in Doctor Kim's office.

 

Seohyun immediately grabs the paper and checks it together with Krystal in her side. Her eyes widened to the amount that was offered and she got more surprised when she reads she has to be with them in Switzerland. "Are you kidding me guys?" She exclaimed, looking back to her boyfriend and his parents. "This is-"

 

"We thought we still need you, Joohyun." Jessica softly says, as she glances to her fiance, who took her hand under the table. "But I respect you and your family. I mean this is like a huge change of your life. We can't just decide this on our own without contacting your thoughts. So think of it for a month while you're with your family. We will be just waiting in Switzerland."

 

"So Unnie will still be with us?"

 

"That depends with her decision, honey." Yul reminds his daughter. 

 

"But I know Unnie will be with us, no matter what." Krystal did not hesitate and throws her arms again, happy to know that there's still a chance.

 

Seohyun on the other hand felt loved by the little girl. Not only with her, but of course to her parents, and of course, Yoong. "Thank you, Ma'am... Mister Kwon." she said softly back, smiling only to her boyfriend, who also smiled back to her. She couldn't contain her overwhelming experience and tears up a little. She is honestly going to just stay with them even though she also misses her family, but with this news, it made her want to go along with their plans. It's even sounds better than with her rush decisions. She loved it, as she will have a long process to decide so she won't ever regret it.

 

***

 

Sitting comfortably on her seat next to her boyfriend, Seohyun did not miss the chance and intertwine her hand with Yoong's left. The latter looked at her with his brows rising. 

 

"What's up?" Asked Yoong with a soft chuckle. 

 

"Even though we are with your parents and Krystal for this movie date, I can't just let this opportunity slipped away and wanted to hold you." Seohyun sweetly smiled, leaning in also to kiss her boyfriend's cheek.

 

"Yeah, yeah, look who suddenly becomes happy and sweet, eh?" Yoong is amused, and at the same time, he felt giddy with the display of affection from his girlfriend.

 

"You know it's my last day too, so just let me, hmm? Baby Yoongry?" Seohyun put on her aegyo with a wink.

 

"Ugh, that aegyo. I'm not going to miss that." Yoong dramatically groaned, as if he doesn't like it.

 

"Yah." Seohyun literally hits her boyfriend. "I know you like it so don't pretend you don't!" she attempted to let go of him but he got it back.

 

"You know I was just kidding." Yoong immediately kissed Seohyun's cheek and her hand, smiling cheerfully towards her.

 

Sighing in defeat, Seohyun smiled and scooted closer so she can lean on his shoulder. Yoong giggles and kissed the crown of her head before whispering.

 

"This maybe the last day for us, but I know there's no way we are going to be apart."

 

"Aren't you guys going to Switzerland? What are you talking about?"

 

"I mean, it's only the distance we are apart, not by our hearts." Yoong explained, holding his girlfriend's hand tightly.

 

Seohyun smiled from ear to ear, speechless with what she heard that made her flattered. Yoong is sure so true. Although she doesn't know if it will be easy to be away from her lover, she knows Yoong's heart will not change ever. And she is also confident hers will not too.

 

"I will call you always." Yoong continued.

 

"Me too." Seohyun whispered back. "And I want you to keep me updated about your mother, okay?"

 

"Definitely I am."

 

Seohyun looked up to see her boyfriend's face. "I love you." And whispers sweetly.

 

"I love you, always." Yoong smiled and peck with his girlfriend's cute lips. The latter smiled so wide and returned resting her head on her shoulder to put her attention back to the big screen. He copied her but not missing to glance the other side, where he can find his parents are smiling while talking with Krystal sitting between them. His heart flutters as he noticed they're not letting go of their daughter's hands. 'Krystal, Oppa promise that you will keep that smile of yours until Omma gets better. Not a cancer will stop you from having this family, I promise.'

 

***

 

"Kyaaa!!!"

 

"Omma!!! Appa!!! Help!!!" 

 

Krystal's squeal is all over the place as the girl is having a good time skating with her parents together with the other kids around. Both of her parents are holding her hands, but sometimes they would release her, which is the reason she would squeal, because she is quiet afraid. She would constantly fell on her , but gladly and her parents would always be there to get her up and once again they will skate around and around, like it's not the first time. 

 

Jessica is especially enjoying today, because it's the first time she gets to play with her daughter after she was discharged few days ago. Spending quality time with her daughter is immediately on her mind once she got discharge that day - and today is the start if it. And she couldn't thank enough Yul for always so patience by her side. She did not just take care of him, she also help her with Krystal. 

 

'Krystal-ah... Omma will get better for you. We will play and play until you get exhausted. Omma promise to live long... so be happy always baby... Because this is just the beginning.'

 

"Are you alright?" But she unexpectedly felt dizzy after a couple of rounds. Yul got her back before she could fall on the floor.

 

"Omma, are you exhausted already? Should we go home now?" Krystal did not miss it and got worry with her mother.

 

Jessica shakes her head and sighs. "I'm okay now. I just feel a little dizzy. Maybe because we've been skating around.I think its better if take a rest. Then let's get back again."

 

"No, Omma, it's okay. I had enough after all. And besides, it's almost time for dinner." Krystal understood and she suggested to just go home. She reached for her mother's hand and squeeze it gently. "Please, Omma?" 

 

"Your daughter is right. We all had enough now. Your health is more than important than to keep on playing."

 

Jessica heaved a sigh, feeling so bad. "I'm sorry-"

 

"Omma is just kidding right? We still have more time the next day. There's no need for that." Krystal reassured. And instead of her mother guiding her to skate, it's her now guiding her, as they head to the exit. 

 

Jessica pout her lips to Yul, feeling more than guilty to be the reason their fun was cut off, and the latter gives a pat on her shoulder.

 

"Just follow your daughter." And advice her to follow their little girl. "She will be mad if you don't." He jokes playfully, which made her smile.

 

***

 

The night is over - Jessica is on her way to her bedroom after sending her private nurse to the door with Yoong when she saw her daughter coming out of her room, and immediately caught her. "Why are you still awake? Didn't your father..."

 

"Appa is outside. He is sending Seohyun Unnie to her home with Oppa, so I'm task to take care of you for the meantime, Omma." said Krystal while smiling so wide behind the big pillow she's carrying.

 

Taking the pillow from her daughter. "So this make sense you are with this?" Jessica asks with a soft chuckle.

 

"Yes, Omma." Krystal took her pillow back. "So let's go?"

 

"Hold on." But Jessica held her daughter’s hand and once again takes her big pillow. "I get this, okay? It's too big for you to carry." she said and drags her with her to her bedroom. "Who gifted this to you though? This isn't seemed the mansion's pillows?" she wonders because the pillow has sun designs.

 

"Seohyun Unnie." Krystal grinned.

 

"Chincha? She gifted this when?"

 

"Just earlier, before she exited the mansion, Omma."

 

"Aigoo, Nurse Seo sure loves you more, eh?" Jessica playfully said.

 

"Wae? Are you jealous Omma?" The little girl teases, giggling in the process.

 

Chuckling, Jessica bends down to ruffle her little girl's hair. "I am I jealous, you know why?" 

 

"What?" Krystal asks while fixing her hair back.

 

"It's because she did not even left me something. But she left one for you." Jessica pout her lips sadly as she stand up straight again. She opens the door and let her daughter in.

 

"Chincha? Then Unnie loves me more indeed." Krystal teases while running excitedly to the bed.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, sensing that her daughter is having fun teasing her, when she's only just being playful. Heck, she loves what she can see - a bright daughter never fails to make her smile as always. "Now tuck yourself inside the comforter, I'll get your milk first."

 

"Wait, No! I will get it on my own, Omma!"

 

"Wait, No. You don't know how to put the milk powder on the-"

 

"I'll get the milk and the bottle here. Hehe." Without waiting for her response, Krysal jumps off of the bed and rushed outside.

 

Jessica was left in the room with her lips parting. "Is my baby now growing up?" couldn't believe that her little girl seems to be acting maturely out of a sudden. It sudden makes her goose gumps as she imagines her in a wedding dress. "Andwae! Andwae! That's not happening yet! She's still so young for that." shaking her head, she went to follow her daughter. But before she can reach the door, her daughter appeared, holding up the milk powder on a small tupperware and a baby bottle on her other hand. Not to mention, it was filled with water already.

 

"How about this, Omma?" She has the biggest goffy smile towards her mother.

 

Jessica sighed and took the stuffs from her daughter's grasp. "Next time, I'll get this for myself. Now go up there and I'll make your milk." She instructed firmly.

 

Krystal made a playful salute before she runs to the bed and climb there. "Omma is going to make milk for me. Omma is going to make milk for me." She can't help herself and chant while watching the older is doing it for her. She did not leave her sight, until she joined her in the bed and handed the bottle.

 

"I'll get your book. So stay." Jessica said and left the room casually. Krystal complied as she lied down while having her nightly milk before sleeping.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica walks inside her daughter's room with a little heaviness in her chest, as she remembers all the memories she had with her daughter in the room. It's a pity and they have to move to Switzerland just because of her cancer. 'We will be back soon.' But she surely would still like to go back, as soon as she gets better. It may take years, but she's willing to sacrifice.

 

Proceeding to her daughter's desk, she immediately caught a paper that was folded on top of a book. Jessica unconsciously picked it up and checks what is inside.

 

Her heart skips a beat when and goose bumps as she reads the letter quietly in her mind.

 

Dear Santa,

 

Hello Im Krystal Lee and soon to be Krystal Kwon. I know Christmas is still months away but I would like to send one in advance so I will be the first letter you'll get to read. I am writing this letter to you also because I don't know if my prayers are enough for my Omma to get better. My classmate told me that you don't only send gifts to us kids but you also hear prayers and makes them come true. So yeah, I just want to let you know that my Omma is sick and I hope you help her to get better. I love her so much Santa, that I wish she will not be in pain anymore. My heart will always be in pain as well if I see and hear her screaming. T.T

 

I want to help her like Seohyun Unnie is doing, But I don't know what to do to help her because I'm just five years old. They also don't want me to get near with her every time she's on her chemo :(

 

So please, can you help me? Can you heal her? I promise I will not be messing around anymore. I will always be a good girl from now on. Krystal will also help Omma and Appa from now on.

 

I just don't want her to leave me forever :(((( Please help us, Santa.

 

Love Krystal

 

Jessica almost cried out loud if she did not cover right away. She takes her seat at the edge of her bed and silently cries to the letter she just read. But she hastily pulled herself back when she reminds herself that her daughter is waiting on the next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter