For You

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 | For You

 

:::

 

 

"I think someone that's just bored and made fun." Yoong put his phone aside after he hangs up. "So what's the plan, Appa?"

 

Yul was convinced a little only by his son's response. But he could only shrugs that off, "Let's go to police Department first and let them know the threat Heechul's brother did." and focus back to their problem. Which is more than important at the moment.

 

***

 

"Seo Joohyun right?"

 

The mentioned name spilled on her coffee when out of a sudden, an unfamiliar voice can be heard behind her. She hastily turned and bowed to the person she recognized as one of the employees (?) in JSY Real Estate. "But how did you know me?" Heck, she recalled she has never introduced herself to this man. 

 

"I've heard your name from the others. You're the new assistant of the CEO. Jung Il Woo, by the way. I'm Jessica Noona's younger brother." The man extended his hand, introducing himself formally.

 

"O-Okay. Seo Joohyun." Seohyun respectfully bowed again and took the man's hand, shaking their hands gently with her eye-smiles.

 

"Anyway..." Il Woo retracted back his hand after a while. "Can you do me a favor?" He didn't hesitate and handed a piece of paper to the young girl. 

 

Seohyun took it and raised her brows to the numbers on the piece of paper. "What's this?"

 

"Contact number of her son, Kwon Yoong."

 

"Son? Oh... So She's her son." Seohyun nodded, as she glances to the number again. Now she knows it's her boss' son. "But why are you giving this to me?"

 

"Contact him." Il Woo said. "Convince him to comeback. Because his mother needs him right now for the project."

 

"Oh... Wha-What project if you don't mind me asking, Mr. Jung?"

 

"Well, we can't yet find the best Architect to design the new building. I've heard Yoong is creating his name in Chicago as an Architect; he could be the one fit for this project. But apparently, my sister wouldn't contact him. She knows she shouldn't. I've tried to contact him also, but he wouldn't bother and ignore my calls and text messages. Maybe, if it's you or another person will convince him, he will comeback." Il Woo explained, hoping the young new girl in the building will take the offer.

 

"I see..." Seohyun once again glances to the number. "I'll try my best to convince him then." And flashed her best smile. As if she can actually convince this stubborn son of her boss.

 

End of Flashback...

 

Seohyun is apparently walking back and forth in her room, trying to figure if she was clear enough for that Kwon Yoong that he decided to hang up, or he hangs up because he did not heard her clearly?

 

Groaning frustratingly, she dives to her bed with a bounce and shakes her entire body. "You're so so so so so embarrassing, Seo Joo...hyu~n." A hug exhale was heard from her, as she flipped over, lying on her back with arms are spread wide. 'But I'm pretty sure he heard me right. My voice is loud enough... I guess? Ugh, how can he just hang up when I'm not yet done though? Omo, or did he honestly fainted? I-I hope not. It seems he has no reason to faint. Aigoo, whatever it is, I should call back... ' she pause and tilt her head to her digital clock, on top of the night stand. '... tomorrow... morning.' Getting up, she went to her desk and opened her laptop. 

 

She searched on the time difference in Chicago and in Seoul. If she's going to call tomorrow by seven in the morning, the time in Chicago is five in the afternoon. "So there's like a big difference. It's U.S. time after all." she mutters, closing the laptop and took her diary.

 

Day 03: She vomited after lunch. But good thing I was so fast and catches it before she could make some mess in her office. Unfortunately, she has no more appetite after she throw up all the food. Sigh. She didn't event go to her other schedules because her head is aching. Sigh. Mrs. Jung needs the chemo therapy asap! Doctor Kim should schedule this early. But it's only for every Wednesday and Friday. Right now, it's part of her preparation. So yeah, next week. ^^

 

Tomorrow again, Let's keep on fighting! ;)

 

Upon closing her diary, she put it aside and stood up, spreading her arms momentarily while she let out such a huge yawn. "Good job again, Nurse Seo." She praised herself as she dives to her bed and tuck herself in.

 

-

 

2:00am.

 

Jessica groaned in frustrations when she couldn't sleep again. She had this series of shots earlier, probably the reason why she couldn't sleep?

 

Sitting up, she grabs her reading glasses in the night stand and wore it. She slowly left the bed and headed to the balcony. The cold breeze greeting her bare face made her shiver and so, she hugs herself close. Her eyes finds it's way up in the sky, almost immediately she was reminded by her son, who is fond of star gazing.

 

Flashback...

 

"Omma, where are we going?" Little Yoong asks his mother upon waking up inside the car. He looked outside and find the road they're taking to be unfamiliar for his pair of innocent doe-eyes. "Are we still in Los Angeles?"

 

"Nope." He heard his father's voice rather.

 

"Then where?" He turned his head to his mother, that was sitting next to him only.

 

"We're going somewhere you wouldn't forget Yoong." 

 

"Just tell me where please!" Still curious, Yoong pushed the topic, crossing his little arms near his chest, pouting in the process.

 

"Should I tell him already, Yul?" His mother asks his father instead.

 

"Just couple of minutes. Don't tell him."

 

"What? I can't believe you guys." Yoong puffs, earning giggles from his parents. Both are sure enjoying his display. But he ignores them and sulk, looking outside the window.

 

Jessica grabs his son's head gently closer to her, so she could lean in and kissed his cheek. "Don't worry, it's going to be fun, Yoongie." She caresses his little cheeks and gives them kisses again until she saw how his eyes lit up and his smile reappeared.

 

"Promise?" Yoong eventually give in.

 

Jessica pinches her son's cheeks. "I promise my little star."

 

"Okay." Yoong giggles. He opened his arms and wrapped it around his mother's waist, while his head rested on her chest. He is smiling excitedly for what will happen later.

 

Glancing over her husband in the driver's seat, Jessica smiles warmly with him through the rear view mirror.

 

-

 

Yoong sulks again - because he finds himself blind. His parents covered his eyes with a handkerchief, so he can't see their surprise? He will actually know it later. What's the use of blind fold? Sigh~

 

"Just a little while, Yoong." Yul whispers to his son. He is the one carrying his son in his arms while his wife is walking with him just next to him. They're being lead to NASA's telescope. One of the biggest telescope in the world. Since their son likes to stare to the stars, they wanted him to be much closer to the  stars, as a pre-birthday gift.

 

As soon as they arrived in front of the telescope, Yul carefully put his son's two feet on top of a chair, just in front of it. "Are you ready, honey?" He whispers.

 

"I've been so ready since I woke up earlier!" Yoong yelled, showing his excitement. He can hear his parents' giggles, which made him smile so big.

 

"Okay then. At the count of... 3..." Yul and Jessica said softly in either sidd of him. "2..." They stared at each other's eyes, smiling so happily. "1."

 

"ONE!" Yoong shouted at the same time his parents did. And with that, the blindfold was release around him. He made couple of blinks here and there, in getting back his vision. As soon as he had clear it, his little innocent eyes widened upon recognizing the big telescope in front of his eyes. "What is this?" He eyed his parents left and right. Surprised can still be seen in his features.

 

"Happy Fifth Birthday Kwon Yoong." Yul and Jessica greeted as they spread their arms before her. Emphasizing that their gift is the telescope.

 

"This is mine now?" Yoong innocently askes, couldn't believe it.

 

Kwon and Jung chuckled.

 

"It is not like that son." Jessica took the chance to explain it for her son. She lowered a little to have eye-to-eye level woth her son. "We are lucky enough and we are one of the people that was allowed to use this telescope for an hour. Aren't you fond of stars? Now you're going to be closer with them. Take a look, son."

 

"Yeah." Yul simply said. But face is so happy, watching his son pouting.

 

"So not mine." Pouting because he almost thought the telescope is already here's. That he can bring it home?

 

"Aww, you have one at home, honey. Let's go to a merry go round later too. How about that?"

 

"You get much closer with them for an hour." Yul additionally convinced his son. "I think that's enough for a rare chance, honey."

 

Yoong sighed in defeat. "Okay. For an hour right?"

 

Yul and Jessica giggles. Their son's face brightened that instant. Which is so adorable to witness.

 

Moving him closer to the telescope, Yul then adjusted it and take a peek first before he give it to his son, whose face is as excited as them.

 

"Whoa... This is amazing..." Yoong can't describe his feeling being this close to the stars. He can't help but squeal when he recognized the formation of the stars. He bagan naming them, whilst his parents are behind, watching in happiness and in amusement.

 

End of flashback...

 

A lonely tears drops the corner of her right eye, as she recalled the good times with her son. But it's quite hard, thinking her son would no longer be back. She felt so sad and broken. 

 

If only she will have a chance and spends time with him, even for just a day, she would really make every seconds worth. "God, I don't know if I can even tell him how much I love him." That sad tears now streaming down her cheeks non stop, are making her more hopeless. She felt like just ending her life now.

 

 

***

 

 

After hearing a cue from his earpiece, Yoong brace himself and stepped out of his motorbike. He took his helmet off of him and began walking to the abandoned warehouse.

 

The cold weather is not helping her nervousness, but he keeps on going until he reached the main door.

 

"I'm here!" He said, loud enough for his voice to echo. And just like it was a cue, the door opens without anyone near the door. He then receives a text message that tells her to walk in the middle of the place.

 

Taking a deep breath, Yoong slowly complied. There was a lamp in the middle. So he presume it's where he should stood. "Heechul-ah. I have the money now!" Shouted him as he stood in the middle. He can see boxes made of wood in every corner of the warehouse. Probably, something is inside in each boxes. "Yah! Just get this and let's forget each other!" He shouted again when he heard no response nor foot steps. He throws the backpack on the floor, containing the fake money the police have provide. "The money is in the bag!"

 

Suddenly, more lights was opened, allowing himself have a better view now of the place. And just then, Heechul, his brother and two other men appeared before him. They made their way from that door, he just realized exists.

 

He grit his teeth, formed his hands into fist and glared to Heechul. The skinny guy is smirking at him. Which he finds really disgusting for someone who acts so gay.

 

"Yoong, you did not even pay a visit of two of your friends' funerals? I thought you care for them more than giving us the money?" Heechul snickers as they stopped just ten steps away from the doe-eyed. He snaps his finger, asking for his men to get the bag.

 

"You are the one who should pay them a visit." Yoong retorted. He couldn't looked away from Heechul's devil face.

 

"He got us the fake money." His men told Heechul after he checks it.

 

Yoong's heart beats got even faster - as he felt frightened now that they know so easily about the money. However, Heechul just stood motionless and was still quite, staring towards him. He wonders what's in his mind?

 

But his question was being answered when Heechul snapped another finger and he heard fasts steps behind. As he turn around, he was met by a lot of men. He had no time to react anymore when he felt a kick on his back, which caused him to dropped on his knees. Then a kick in the side, he loses his balance and lied completely in a dusty floor.

 

More kicks are being received, Yoong is slowly losing his strength. His visions are slowly becomes blurry, the side of his lips are creating blood. Bruises are slowly showing... While he is all receiving this, he thought this is the end, 'Someone save me. I don't want to die yet.'

 

*Bang*

 

Gun shots followed for more.

 

By this time, Yoong has no more idea if he is being saved or he is being shot. Because the more gun shots he can hear, the more his visions are shutting and pain is doubled.

 

Before he could completely shut down, he saw his father's figure, rushing to him, calling for him and asking him to stay awake.

 

But no, he had enough.

 

Everything went black.

 

 

***

 

 

Again, Seohyun finds herself walking back and forth in her room, while holding her phone. Not the same scenario like last night anymore. This time, she is trying to contact the Kwon, the moment she opened her eyes. Unfortunately, it seems the next lime won't dare to answer.

 

"What's up with him and he wouldn't answer now?" She wonders anxiously.

 

Stopping from her tracks, she took a seat at the edge of the bed and instead, sent a message. 

 

to Yoong-ssi: [I'll call around 10:00am KST. If you are not going to answer, I'm going to call every minute ;p]

 

She giggles at her own antics. But she doesn't have any ideas in her brain anymore. She needed to end her mission as much as possible.

 

Upon hearing a knock and a voice-- "Breakfast is ready!" She frantically tossed her phone on her bed, grabs her towel, and sprinted to her bathroom.

 

But much to her dismay, soon as she walked out her room and proceed to the dining room, she did not see anyone except for the maids, setting the dining table for breakfast.

 

"She hasn't come out?" She asked to no one in particular.

 

"It's weekend, she has no schedule most of the time, Seohyun-ssi." One of the maids informed.

 

"If there is, it wouldn't be that early." Which followed for another.

 

"I see." Seohyun nodded her head, understandingly. She approached the table to check what's for her boss' breakfast, she had a widening eyes when she see chicken. It was being roosted. "Oh no. Don't serve her this please." She quickly told them.

 

"Why not?"

 

"She asked this last night."

 

"Yeah, and I think it was because she is craving."

 

"This isn't healthy at all. Can we serve her vegetable salad instead? Or something that has no fat and high cholesterol. I tell you, this will also cause her bad mood. Because it can make her blood boils easily." Seohyun explained and suggested. The last part is just her own beliefs though.

 

"She had been eating that recently." The maid stated as a fact.

 

"Well, let her eat it as a routine. She will eventually get used to it." Seohyun smiled. Her concern only is the woman's health. She couldn't take it if something happened bad to her.

 

All the maids are staring into each other's eyes, including the chef.

 

"Do you guys want her to be sick? Or always have a bad mood?" Seohyun sheepishly continued.

 

"Alright, let's change the menu." The chef said, gesturing the maid to pick up the plates with his hand.

 

A satisfied smile plastered in Seohyun's face, watching the maids complying right away. She then opened her phone from her pocket and check if she received any response from the Kwon. But sadly, there's none. She glances to the time, there are few hours left only before it will change ten. And an hour before Boss Jung should take her pill. She took this opportunity and she went out to the living room, calling her mother momentarily. "Hi, Omma~" greeted her brightly the moment the next line answered.

 

[Just when I was about to call you too, Good morning sweetheart~]

 

"Aww, I miss you Omma." She casually took her seat on the couch while pouting. "How are you guys doing there?" She really do, because it's the first time she never comes home. "How's Appa? How's my dongseng? And how's Lion?" She got more sad, now that Lion, her puppy is no longer seeing her.

 

[Of course, all is well. I think I should ask you more. I've heard from your dongseng that your boss is quiet bad?]

 

Seohyun cursed inside her mind. She shouldn't have told her younger brother about her boss. Look, her mother is concerned. "Um, n-not really bad. She just... had this bad temper. You know, stress from work, Omma."

 

[Even so. Don't you dare get yourself bully there. You're a fighter, aren't you?]

 

"Of course I do. So you don't have to be worry, hmm? Otherwise, wrinkles will appear so early, Omma~" She teased playfully.

 

[Glad hearing you like this. Because this only means you're enjoying your job there. Have you eaten breakfast, sweetheart?]

 

"Nope. But I will later.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter