A Wish

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 | A Wish

 

:::

 

It took almost a minute before Yoong finally comprehended what he just learned. He slowly turns and looked into Seohyun's eyes, in question. 

 

"I'm sorry, but yeah I guess... I shouldn't be keeping this. You will know it pretty soon." Seohyun softly and carefuly says. Yoong's expressions are not good for her. She should be careful with her words from now on.

 

"That... Is... Why..." Yoong pause as he think of the next word. "He... Is close... To you... Already?" He ended it with a sad sigh. He can feel it, it's not only his heart that is weak, and his muscles are slowly weakening. Probably by next minute, he will collapse.

 

Seohyun did not look at Yoong in the eyes and nod her head a little. 

 

"I..." The older of the two trailed off as he thought of the next word he's gonna say. "I am sorry as well." But something has crossed his mind; he has no right to be so jealous or even mad for the girl. But he's definitely upset himself that he used a nickname that had been given already. He felt childish about this but it's what he feels. "I... Don't think I have the right to act this way. Or deserve an explanation from you. He is also courting you, so you should be fair." Unfortunately, he felt a little unfair for his situation. A first love vs him, who is new in her life. "It's just funny, isn't it?" He chuckled, bitterly.

 

Seohyun's lips curved into a small smile, out of amusement. But she can sense it, Yoong is trying to cover up something inside him. It's quite bothering her. "So... Can we treat your wound, first? I can't let you go away like this."

 

Yoong sighs in defeat.

 

---

 

Stupidity is forever, Yul sure he is defining this phrase. But that was because how powerful the love is for him. He couldn't imagine without love.

 

"I'll try to fix some stuff for you. Don't worry." His heart flutters a million times watching Jessica sleep in the passenger seat. After the break down moments ago, she deserves a good rest back home. It's not what he imagined to be, but he's glad he was able to learn the story behind all Jessica's behavior from the past.

 

Out of nowhere, it suddenly rains. Yul felt weird as he watches the rain falling from the sky endlessly. In that moment, he saw someone familiar in the side of the street, wearing her usual white uniform as a doctor. "Taeyeon?"

 

'The only person that knows everything about this is your sister's wife, Taeyeon.'

 

Jessica's voice echoes his mind that instant. "I can ask for more details through her." A new smile formed in his lips as he thought of another way to fully understand the past. He can ask an appointment with Taeyeon.

 

Shrugging, he focus back on the road and After seems like forever of driving, he pulled over the car safe and sound.

 

"Hold on, I'll handle her." Instead of waking her up, He gestures Jessica's assistant to step aside as he decided to lift the latter in a bridal style.

 

As soon as she had her in both arms and he is sure he can comfortably walk, he started moving to the main door. Maids are following, and open the door for him as he makes their way in.

 

"What happened to her, Mister Kwon?" Asks the temporary nurse as they're walking upstairs.

 

"She was exhausted. She fell asleep while we are going back." Yul replied, flashing a simple smile to the girl.

 

As they walked into the master bedroom, Yul was quite observant with the surroundings. Before he tuck her behind the covers, he noticed some syringes in a table in the side. He just keep what he spotted and gently leaned down to kiss thr blonde's forehead affectionately. "I'm so proud of you for staying so strong through the years." He whispers heartily, before he composes himself. He couldn't yet go out as he suddenly felt possessive over the latter. He got this urge and wanted to give her a cuddle until the next morning.

 

"I'm sorry Mister Kwon but I don't think it's a good idea for you to stay longer." Unfortunately, the nurse knows it better than him.

 

"Can you... At least give me an hour. I promise, after this, I'll go out myself." But he stubbornly disagreed.

 

The nurse wanted to complain but as she thought of the Chairman and her needs of having her family close to her, she got defeated. "Okay." So she bowed and left the room peacefully.

 

Yul smiled in satisfactory. He didn't waste his time and he tucks himself inside the covers. Carefully, he brought Jessica's head close to his chest and her arms around his waist. His own arms are also wrapping around her. He has this content smile as he comfortably close his eyes and let his drowsiness drown him. "I'll stay by your side no matter what happens." He was able to say before it went black for him.

 

Jessica who was asleep could somehow sense she is with someone else. She felt so care, loved and absolutely safe with this someone that she wished this would never end.

 

---

 

"We are childhood friends." Seohyun confessed while treating the wound in Yoong's forearms with her first aid. "That only dated when we started working after college. It was like a promise for each other... To accomplish everything in our lives first before we decided to follow our hearts."

 

Already numb through the pain of the wound, Yoong only nod his head.

 

"We had 2 years." Seohyun continued. "Unfortunately, during those two years, we are like strangers because of how busy our schedules are. But we still tried to work it out and go on dates if we have break time..."

 

Yoong feels like he is in hell, listening continuously to the younger girl, not knowing actually what to react. Or how stupid he is to just allow her do this to him. Maybe because he is still hoping he has a chance?

 

Seohyun slowly looked into Yoong's eyes with her soft gazes. "Until just one day... We feel like... We are slowly drifting apart. Our feelings for each other have dried or like, there's no more sparks anymore..." She paused and sighs. "We decided to end our relationship, almost two years ago."

 

Yoong slowly blink twice, looking into the positive side, that indeed, he has a chance for her heart. "Sorry to hear that." He softly utters.

 

"Nah, it's okay. Past is past, indeed." Seohyun smiled. "And I have accepted that it end that way."

 

"Do... You still love him?" Yoong quickly bit his lip for asking it right away. But he got this curiosity inside him that he needs to voice it out.

 

"I don't think I can answer that." Seohyun slowly looked down to finish wrapping up Yoong's wound with the bandage.

 

"Why not?"

 

"It's complicated." Seohyun lowly answered.

 

Yoong mentally slapped his head. "My apologies." As he felt nosy for himself. He should be focusing on how to get the girl's heart, not like this, forcing the younger girl.

 

"Alright, it’s done!" Seohyun announced with a big and satisfied smile across her face. "My patient Yoongry will be better soon, so don't you worry, okay? It's just a wound after all."

 

Yoong chuckled. "Silly."

 

"But thanks for saving me earlier." Seohyun sincerely replied, earning warm gazes from the doe-eyed. She smiled the same way, not knowing what to say with the way Yoong is looking at her.

 

Slowly but surely, Yoong leane forward to Seohyun, causing for the girl to leaned out from him, puzzled with his moves. He did not stop however as he held her head and rubs her forehead. He then leaned in and kiss her forehead, with his eyes closing.

 

Seohyun feels like her heart is thumping so loud, as the doe-eyed is keeping his lips on her forehead for a long time. She wanted to ask why but Yoong beats her with an explaination.

 

"I want you to remember my kiss in your forehead tonight." 

 

Or rather, the reason of the forehead kiss. She stared with his eyes, stunned but fluttering at the same time.

 

Yoong smiled charmingly as he look else where, feeling his cheeks burning.

 

'How can I actually crush my feelings?' In Seohyun's thoughts, frustrated.

 

***

 

Seohyun arrived back in the mansion early in the morning, just to find an ambulance outside the mansion. She hastily blocks one of rescuer and showed her id. "What happened? I'm her PDN."

 

"We receive a call asking for help because Chairman Jung is screaming inside her room." The rescuer explained. "The maids couldn't get inside because she's keeping it lock."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun exclaimed. "I-I'll handle her. You guys can go now." She hastily rushed inside and saw some maids are frowning to see her in a hurry. She ignores them all until she reached Chairman Jung's room. But before she can walk inside the room, she turned to the maids and butlers, "Can you guys leave the room? I'll handle her." She said and all of them didn't comply. They're all staring in question towards her instead. "It's going to be alright. Don't worry." She smiled reassuringly. 

 

As soon as they have left the door, Seohyun took a deep breath and open the door through her own key that Jessica shared ever since she started as her PDN. She walks inside and finds Jessica in the floor, screaming in pain while punching her legs. She frowned but quickly moved to her side. She grabs the covers in the side and carefully brought it behind her back. With that, she put one arm behind her shoulders and the other arm is on her thighs. Jessica started punching her on her chest, cursing her a lot while scolding her for coming back home so late. She ignore all of it and gather all her strength in lifting her up in her arms, so she can bring her back to the bed carefully. She opened the bucket that contains the syringe and medicines inside, and started preparing it.

 

"AHHHHH!!! JUST KILL ME NOWWWW!!!" Jessica couldn't take the pain. It wasn't only her legs that were aching but also her back.

 

"Alright, alright. I know it's hurting. But you have to calm down. You're going to make it worse if you keep doing that Ma'am. Breath in your mouth. This will be quick." Seohyun slowly lowered herself and opened the blonde's chest. Despite the punch she still can receive she did not give up and shot her with the syringe. It's to make the pain go away and to make her calm down.

 

After she injected it, she slowly pulled away and let out a huge sigh of relief as the blonde is slowly calming down. But the sight of the Jung just breaks her heart. She's struggling on her breath and was sweating a lot.

 

She got up, open the window and the sliding door from the balcony, allowing the air to enter the room. 

 

Closing her eyes, she breathe in the fresh air and exhaled in content. She turned around and watches as Jessica close her eyes too, breathing in the air that was entering the room. 

 

A huge smile painted Seohyun's face the moment she saw Jessica's expression softened. She approached her bed casually, only to realize her right leg has a red spot. "She must have hit it somewhere." She hastily took her first aid kit and started treating on it.

 

After a while, Jessica opened her eyes slowly but surely. At first she couldn't recognize it. But as soon as her visions have cleared, her lips formed into a small smile. "What took... You so long... To come back?"

 

Seohyun stirred away from what she's doing and looked at the blonde. "Welcome back to me." She flashed her usual cheerful smile.

 

Jessica softly chuckles. "Silly."

 

"You've been doing well, right Ma'am?" 

 

"Of course I am. Not until earlier. I feel like breaking apart with the pain. Thank you for coming on time before I could lose my insanity." Jessica softly utters. For the past three days without Nurse Seo, it was truly like hell because she's missing the latter. Thankfully and the temporary nurse is also good. But Nurse Seo is definitely the best.

 

"That's a relief." Seohyun mutters as she returned to her work. "That means, we can work together again smoothly." She covered it with a bandage and looked back to the blonde with the same smile.

 

"You've been well too, right?" Jessica recalled she allowed her son to court her finally. But she still hasn't changed her mind about crushing the feelings.

 

"Yup. It was a good three days of rest." Seohyun replied.

 

"Yoong... He-"

 

"Don't worry, Chairman. I'm keeping my promise." The younger interrupted before the chairman can mention about 'courting'.

 

Jessica sighed in relief. "That's good to know."

 

"But I'm afraid of the consequences, Ma'am. You know... What if, he'll take it serious? I mean, it's his first love. I don't want to... See him hurting a lot." Seohyun couldn't take it and show her concern over Yoong.

 

"He's mature now. Don't worry, he will take it easy." Jessica assured the younger.

 

"I hope so."

 

"Just do your work accordingly. Okay? We won't have any problems if you keep that way."

 

Seohyun's heart just slightly tugs. It's against her will but she cannot disobey her boss. It's what in the rules.

 

Jessica close her eyes back and slowly drifted to sleep. Seohyun stayed quiet, watching her boss having her sleep after three days off feels like a beginning again. But this beginning sure better than the first encounter. She ain't that a witch for her now, only for her family. She has to be protective. Sure, she understands that.

 

Just 30 minutes that passes, she had completed comes back to sleep. Seohyun thought it's time to leave. So she can fix her stuffs back to her room in the mansion.

 

While walking in the hallway in the way to her room, she bumps into Mister Kwon, whose expressions are agitated.

 

"Is she alright now?" 

 

"Yes. No need to worry, Mister Kwon." Seohyun reassuringly smiled.

 

A huge sigh of relief was heard from Yul after hearing the blonde is all okay. "That's good to know. I thought she already left with the rescuer, or something. Glad you came to save her from pain."

 

"You do know now, right Mister Kwon? I don't need to explain it." Seohyun recalled she has never told the latter. But base on his expressions, he seems aware long time ago.

 

Yul nodded. "I eavesdrop it the other day. And don't worry; I'm keeping it for the meantime."

 

"Does Yoong know?"

 

"I confirmed it through him."

 

"Oh, that's a relief." Seohyun flashed a small smile.

 

"When is she coming out for breakfast?" Yul ask in concern.

 

"Maybe around 10am. Um, where's Yoong by the way?" Seohyun noticed it finally that there's no presence of the doe-eyed around.

 

"He went out for a jog. He doesn't bring his phone normally so he probably doesn't know what happened here." Yul informed.

 

Seohyun nod in understanding. "I see."

 

"How about you? Have you eaten breakfast?"

 

"Yes. Before going here. Thanks, Mister Kwon. But I think I need to go. I still have to fix my room." Seohyun regretfully said as she bowed in respect to the older. She then left as Yul smiled to her.

 

As soon as the younger was out of sight, Yul takes advantage of Jessica's open room and he sneaks inside. He has this warm smile drawing in his face as he finds out the blonde has this serene face while sleeping. "Look at my princess. Never changed." He utters softly as he leaned down and gently kiss her forehead. He tenderly her cheeks with his thumb, as he continues being mesmerized by the beauty before his eyes.

 

---

 

Yoong just went back from his jog while casually walking in the hallway when he heard some of the maids are murmuring to each other. He couldn't careless and he stopped to ask.

 

"What is going on?" 

 

"Oh, young master." All of them bowed once they saw him.

 

"Why did I hear my mother's name?" His brows arched as he find it weird and he is curious about it.

 

"You-Your mother earlier. She was screaming. And we all thought it was because she's in pain." One of the maids informed the young master, confidently.

 

"Did the nurse - I mean... The temporary assistant went to check on her?" Yoong exclaimed, feeling that sort of concern in his heart.

 

"No. She's already out. It was Miss Seo instead."

 

"Miss Seo? She's back?" Yoong exclaimed, didn't expect to hear it. After three days though, she’s back.

 

"Yes. She was the one who entered and seems like she did something that the screaming was gone." 

 

Yoong's smile slowly forming in his lips. He didn't speak anything anymore as he left and proceeds right away to the younger girl's room. Just as he reached the door he raised his hand was about to knock on it when he heard the door was click open from the inside. He hastily composes himself and waited for it to open.

 

Seohyun casually opens the door, just only to be startle when a doe-eyed greeted her unexpectedly with a big salute and a playful, 'Yoongry came to greet the great Seobunny' greetings.

 

"Yah! You scared me!" She literally slapped his arm, earning his chuckle. "But... Seobunny?" Heck, she can't miss the new nickname.

 

"Hehe, You hop so cute too so I thought it's a cuter nickname. How'd you like it?"

 

"Err... I'm not a bunny or not a even turtle." Seohyun shrugs as she walks away.

 

"So what am I going to call you?" Yoong hurriedly catches up. "I can't call you Joohyun anymore. We are special friends, remember?"

 

Seohyun chuckles. "Should special friends have nicknames? I don't think that's necessary."

 

"What about you? You call me Yoongry, aren't you?" Yoong felt so unfair.

 

"Yoongry and Seobunny are different story."

 

"Eh? They're just nicknames."

 

"Yoongry is special."

 

"What? I don't understand."

 

Seohyun did not answer right away as they take the stairs down. But once Yoong is in her side, "Remember it was from your birthday when I called you that?"

 

"Oh, so it's like a birthday nickname? That's why it's special?"

 

"Exactly. Aigoo... I don't know with you."

 

Yoong grinned so wide. "Seobunny should be special then."

 

"What?" Seohyun weirdly look at the doe-eyed.

 

"Today is your first day since your day off. And today is the first day I'm going to call you Seobunny, so yes, I can call you that from now on."

 

"Err... I think I need a second breakfast." Seohyun couldn't think of anything to response and just shrug her shoulders, going straight to the garden. Yoong is trailing behind, like a happy bird who just found his love back.

 

As soon as they arrived in the garden, they greeted by foods already. Oddly, there's no people or one person. Just a maid, waiting for them. They're both puzzled why it's empty except for the food.

 

"Have Chairman Jung arrived yet?" Asked Seohyun, wondering.

 

"No, she will not be having breakfast with you two. She's having a breakfast in bed rather, Miss Seo." Said Tzuyu to inform the latter.

 

"Whoa, Chincha? Alone?" Yoong exclaimed, did not thought of that.

 

"Nope. She's with your father, young master. He basically cook breakfast for the family." Replied Tzuyu still.

 

Seohyun and Yoong looked into each other's eyes, as they both seemed surprise. As both absolutely haven't thought about it.

 

"Well I guess it's a breakfast date for us, Seobunny." Yoong flirted with a meaningful smile.

 

Seohyun can't able to answer. But she was sure her heart skips a beat.

 

Meanwhile, in Jessica's room. Yul is feeding her from time to time. Ever since the events in the lighthouse, their relationship have seemed to progress. Jessica will no longer push him away and instead, she always felt shy. However, he would always assure him with comforting words. He is annoying her in the process, so Jessica couldn’t do anything and give in to him.

 

"I feel like I'm back in college again." Jessica says shyly as she looked away. Her cheeks are obviously turning red. She's also a bit embarrassed with her age right now.

 

"Do you want to go to college then? It's been a while since we visited our Alma mater." Yul suggested as he eat the food from the spoon. Basically, he and the blonde are having breakfast together in her bed. Since Jessica won't allow him if it's only her having breakfast.

 

"I have a hectic schedule today, Yul." The blonde opened as Yul feeds her yet again. "And for your information, I don't have so much time for other stuffs in the next few days." she added while munching. She smiled despite her sad news for the latter. It's her favorite breakfast menu cooked by Yul, of course she should be happy at the same time.

 

A cute but sad pouting appeared in Yul's face. "So we can't go on another date."

 

"Oh come on, Yul." a soft chuckle left the blonde's mouth. "We're not-"

 

"But we're always being young at hearts." Yul interrupted before the blonde could scold him again about being childish. 

 

Jessica shakes her head out of disbelief. She leaned into the spoon as the tan man feeds her with the soup. She eventually smiled, flattered. 

 

"You know what they say, you'll live for a long time if you keep your heart young and wild."

 

"Where did you get that?"

 

"It's my own beliefs." Yul chuckled. "So let's spend every waking day worth, araso?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter