Blood

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21 | Blood

 

***

 

"He and I are working on the same firm. But unlike the others, we're not those who hang out because we are friends. We hang out because we go up against each other. Not only in work but also in racing. Yeah, you heard it, he's a racer. Well, technically... illegally. To make the story short, he owes me for crashing his bike on my car. Up until now, he hasn't given me the right amount. Any questions?"

 

A deep and loud exhale escape Seohyun's lips. Sure, she did not expect hearing this from someone who knows her boyfriend better than her. But she did not expect this will go this far. She wonders how much this person despise Yoong and he has to kidnapped her.

 

"No questions?"

 

"What should I ask? I don't have any idea with whatever you've said. Well, not until now."

 

"He never shared his life in Chicago?"

 

"Besides being an architect, No." She said with a sad tone. The next line went silent as her mind flashes back to where she asked Yoong about his life in Chicago.

 

"Nothing to share. It's boring."

 

"Why?"

 

"It's only work and home. You know, that kind od life. There's nothing interesting."

 

She clenched her jaw, recalling it how Yoong avoided the topic about his life in Chicago. "You owe me an explanation, Yoong. You owe me."

 

---

 

Furious and has no time to give the others a listen, Yoong dashed to Donghae's gate, kicking it with his feet so many times. "Yah! Lee Donghae! Come out here!!!" While he keeps on yelling non stop. "I know you are the kidnapper! Come out here idiot!"

 

Yul comes running out from his car, immediately pulled his son through his shoulders. "Stop that! We don't know if 'it's him!" But he struggled and dashed again to the gate, doing the same thing. Stubbornly, he grabbed him by his waist and lifted him up, attempting to bring him back to the car when he got out of his arms and once again bang the gate so loud.

 

"Get my girlfriend out here!!!" Yoong angrily scream. "I know you have her theeeeere!!!"

 

Yul just keep on trying to stop him but he won't ever let him. The neighbors are now being awaken by his constant bang on the game. Inside the Lee Residence, Donghae was finally awaken.  He get up and was surprised to see his daughter coming inside his room, rushing into him.

 

"Appa, there's someone outside our house. He sounds like he is mad." Came Krystal's trembling voice while hugging her father's waist.

 

"You stay here. I'll get them." He said and pushed his daughter gently down to make her seat the edge of his bed.

 

"Be careful!" Krystal reminded.

 

"I will." He replied, walking out the room without even putting any idea who are outside. Whoever they're, he just need to stop them so he can go back to sleep.

 

As he walked out the house, the voice outside got even clearer for his ears. "Who the hell is this?" Unfortunately, he doesn't have any clue who belongs those shouts and scream. He climbed down the stairs in a hurry and quickly opened the gate. But the moment it was opened, he was welcomed by a punch on his face, causing foe him to stepped backwards, almost knocking him down. 

 

"Where's Seohyun?! Get her out here!!!" Yoong yelled while trying to let go from his father's arms. "I know it was you who kidnapped her!!!" He made advances but he won't ever let go of him.

 

"Who the -- Y-Yul? Yoong?" He gasps as he realized who are the two guys. Yul is apparently hugging his son from behind. "What are you guys doing here?" He exclaimed.

 

"YOU KIDNAPPED MY GIRLFRIEND, BRING HIM OUT HERE!!!"

 

"KWON YOONG, CALM THE ING DOWN!" Yul can no longer take it and he outburst, almost hitting his son on the face when he pushed him. Yoong was stunned and unable to move nor speak back.

 

Donghae had another surprised, "What? Girlfriend? Who? I am not kidnapping anyone here." and at the same time, confused.

 

Yoong was about to speak when his father stepped in front of him and give him a death glare.

 

"You already hit him."

 

He could only groan in frustrations and let his father speak for Donghae.

 

Satisfied that his son choose to shut his mouth although he is against with it, Yul turned to face Donghae.

 

"What's going on here?"

 

"I'm sorry for what have my son done. He wasn't in his mind ever since he knew Seohyun was kidnapped."

 

"Seohyun was kidnapped?" For the third time at the moment, Donghae was surprised. "Who kidnapped her?"

 

Yul was taken aback by Donghae's answer.

 

"Isn't it you?" Yoong butted as he stepped forward. Yet his father's hand blocked him right that instant. He rolled his eyes out of annoyance.

 

"You know Seohyun?" Yul suspiciously looked at Donghae.

 

"She... She visited my daughter in her school. How can't I know her?" Donghae hesitantly replied. "But I seriously have no clue who kindapped her. I wouldn't be facing you guys here if I am the one who kindapped her. Why don't you ask the police to look for her. Instead of banging into my gate."

 

Yoong still couldn't be convinced and yank his father's hand away to step forward. He got Donghae's collar in an instant. "If you're telling us the truth, how on earth did you not come out right away? Why it took a while?" He questioned firmly.

 

"I was sleeping, Kwon Yoong. Of course, it would take a while. If I were you, go out there and look for your girlfriend. Who knows you'll get to see her somewhere?" Donghae countered as he tried to pushed himself away from the younger Kwon. 

 

Yul pulled his son away from Donghae before he could punch him again. "I'm really so sorry, Mister Lee. We will be going now. Have a goos night." He then drags Yoong forcefully with him, even though he was struggling here and there.

 

Donghae was left watching in disbelief to the two kwons. "So someone got Seohyun-ssi first before me? What a mess." Heck, he realized something.

 

---

 

A huge exhale left Seohyun's lips the moment the blindfold was release from her eyes. But due to the blindness she had for almost two hours, she got surprised when she opened her eyes and needs to close her eyes tight. Slowly but surely, she attempted opening her eyes again. She close her eyes gently again and then open it slowly. She did this for the next couple of seconds until she got better vision of the room and the lights inside. Just like she imagine, it's an isolated room, with a camera before her, a table, smartphone next to the plate of food on top of it and a guy, standing behind her, untying her rope behind. She doesn't need to think why she was being untied with the food being presented in front of her.

 

"We will get in touch with you tomorrow morning, so eat up and gain some energy. If you want to sleep after eating, the bed is in the corner." The guy said behind him.

 

She sighs and looked down to the tasty looking beef steak and pasta. Her stomach grumbles but she's more than thirsty. "Why no water?" so she wonders why there's only the food.

 

"It's coming. You wait." The guy replied, as he finished untying the rope. He then stepped in front of her. "That smartphone will only be connected to our boss, so don't try to call anymore. Araso?"

 

Seohyun just glared and looked at her wrists. The red spots around it are evidence of the rope that was tightly tied around it earlier. When she tried to touch it, it cause a sharp pain, which made her gasps. "Can I ask for an ointment for this? Please?" she favored.

 

"No." The guy said coldly before he turns around and peacefully leave the room. Not missing to close the door and lock it outside.

 

Again, Seohyun could only sigh. She looked around the room, thankful enough that it's in air conditioned, otherwise, she will be sweating by now. But there's no window, she felt isolated again. The single bed in the side is however okay for her.

 

'If the help is coming, I hope they'll find me tomorrow or later. I can't stay here longer. I still need to do my job in Jung mansion... and spend more quality time with my family.' She thought feeling scared and lonely, but there's still hope inside her; At least, it's the way to make her strong at this moment of her life.

 

---

 

from unknown: What's up, Kwon Yoong? Do you still remember me? Of course you do. You just happened to be my number one enemy, who made my brother suffer in jail. Well, I'm here to get a revenge. I'm pretty sure you already have the idea.

Your girlfriend's life for 1million dollars. If you can't get me that within 24 hours, she's dead. I'll contact you again for location.

 

"Heechul?" Yul give his son a knowing look after reading the text message his song have shared.

 

Yoong nodded weakly. "I didn't know he's still out there. I thought he was jailed as well?" He groaned and unconsciously kicked the table in the police station. "  him!" He cursed so loud.

 

"That kid sure doesn't know how to stop. But let's not give what he wants. He's already out of his mind."

 

"We'll provide the fake money." Said the head of the police. "All you have to do is to diliver it. But make sure you don't give the money without seeing miss Seohyun-ssi."

 

Yoong sighed so deep. "Here am I again." recalling the last time he did the same, it almost killed him. Now, he doesn't know if it will be a success. With someone being the bait. Her safety is uncertain. "I will sure tore him into pieces if something happened bad to my girlfriend." but he's sure going to do his best and save her.

 

"Don't forget to give us the location once they contact you again, so we can do the plans. For now, let's rest. It's getting too late." The head of the police says.

 

Yul bowed. "Thanks for your time, Sir." And turned to his son, who's face are still so fierce. He could only sigh, watching his son going through like this. It feels so heavy in his heart, watching him like that. Like they're back in Chicago.

 

***

 

"Thanks." Yul took the glass of water Jessica handed and have himself a couple of gulps.

 

"That means, Yoong needs to go and see him? Yul, isn't that dangerous? Just let the police hand it to that kidnapper." Jessica raised her voice. Yul told her who kidnapped her nurse, and that worries her for her son's safety. "You can't let him do this."

 

Putting the glass down, Yul looked at his ex-wife's eyes seriously. "I can't do that. The kidnapper demanded him to meet up with him to deliver the money. We can't let them hurt Seohyun if we don't follow his instructions."

 

"I trust the police. I'm sure they can prevent that to happen."

 

"He had done this back in Chicago. So I guess it's gonna be okay. Plus, he will be wearing a bullet proof. Nothing will happen bad, okay?" He smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry too much." He whispered additionally.

 

Jessica groaned. "You can't stop me. My son is about to meet a bad guy. I don't know what will happen out there. Please!!! Yuuuul!!!" She whines frustratingly.

 

Yul's heart smiled despite being heavy. Watching Jessica being that worried at the same time is cute for him. "Alright." He took her hands gently with hers. "I promise, I won't ever leave him. I will be the one taking the bullet if it needs to save him."

 

"You can't also do that. I don't want-"

 

He did not let him continue her words anymore as he crashed her lips without warning. He pulled back slowly when he heard her sigh. He cupped her cheeks with his hands and whispers, "Listen to me, Jung Jessica... I and your son will be going back safe and sound. You heard me? Safe and sound. Together with Miss Seo. Remember that."

 

"You promise?" Jessica held Yul's wrists with a puppy face. Inside, she's too scared for their safety. She's supposed to tell him about his cancer but she pushed it aside after knowing another problem. It will only worse the situation if she's going to reveal it.

 

Yul nodded slowly his head. "Trust me."

 

"O-okay."

 

He smiled warmly and pulled her into her comforting embrace. "For now, let's go upstairs and rest. We need strength tomorrow. But... Let's stay for a while like this. I miss your warmth." He close his eyes, enjoying the scent from the blonde, and the hug she's giving.

 

Jessica nodded as she tightened her arms around the tan man's waist. She still couldn't get her head at rest but as time passes, with her being in her lover's arms, it's slowly relaxing. Her tired body followed. And she's slowly getting drowsy. In no time, she let out a huge yawn.

 

Yul seemed to sense his lover is already sleepy like him and he gently pulled back, flashing a charming smile to her. Jessica smiled back, taking his hand as they stood up from their seats, walking hand in hand as they headed upstairs in full silence.

 

Meanwhile, in Seohyun's room in the mansion, one doe-eyed boy isn't still planning to sleep. He's busy searching for Heechul's location while he waits for his next message. 

 

'No one messes with Kwon Yoong. No one should.' he thought, determined to beat Heechul to death, once he got his hands on him.

 

***

 

"Wake up!"

 

Seohyun got startled in surprise from her bed as a noise gives her the reason to wake up. She groaned and slowly sits up while watching the unknown guy preparing something on the table. "Is it already morning?" She mutters, rubbing her eyes in the process. Her eyelids are weirdly heavy.

 

"10:45 in the morning. You've been sleeping almost 10 hours now." Said the stranger. He glance to the younger girl and smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter