Courting

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 | Courting

 

:::

 

One young man has this huge smile he could ever have upon waking up. The events last night is still so fresh and it makes him wonder if there's next to it? Well, if there's more, he can't wait for it. And he wanted to make sure Seo Joohyun will get to enjoy with them.

 

But before anything else, he has to freshen up. He's still going to meet her in the breakfast though, since he missed her last night.

 

After showering, change into her comfortable shorts and white plain T-shirt, he went straight to the garden, wearing an excited smile in his face.

 

As soon as he saw a figure in front of the breakfast table, he decided to slow down in his tracks and hush the maid when she saw him on his way. Once he has enough distance, he covered her pair of eyes from behind, bit his lip to prevent himself from getting heard.

 

"Who-who's this?"

 

But to his dismay, the voice he heard, and the touch coming from her hands isn't the same as they're used to be. He instinctively released her eyes and the latter turned to him with a surprise look and so as him, as they both pointed at each other.

 

"WHO ARE YOU?" Yelling at each other at the same time.

 

"Young master, she's Moon Ji-In. She's apparently your mother's new personal assistant." Tzuyu explained right that instant.

 

Yoong turned to the young maid with a puzzlement written in his. "What? Just when did there's a new assistant? Isn't Joohyun her assistant?"

 

"Omo, so you're the young master. I'm sorry for yelling at you." The named Ji-In quickly bowed in apologies. "I'm Moon Ji-In, the new assistant." She smiled friendly towards him while stretching her right hand for a shake hand.

 

Yoong looked back at the new girl. "Mom, hired you?" He glared her, not convinced enough.

 

"I-"

 

"Miss Seo has left a letter last night, telling that she will be off for three days."

 

That familiar voice made of their heads turned to the source of it. There was Jessica, wearing her usual bathrobe. 

 

"What?" Yoong is still so confused. "How that… That happened?"

 

“She wanted to have a break first. You know, she had been working 24 hours with me every day. So she thought of take a breath for a while. I thought it was a good chance for her too, so I allowed her.” Jessica lied. She takes a seat when her temporary nurse pulled her a chair. “Come on, let’s not talk about her for the meantime Yoong. Take your seat and have breakfast with me.”

 

Somehow, Yoong couldn’t somehow understand why it’s happening all of a sudden. The explanation is too shallow, know exactly Seohyun. She loves her job and she is his friend, she wouldn’t leave without knowing him too, right? “I’m not going to have breakfast with you.” So he decided to find out more. But not to ask his mother. Instead, he left to go to Seohyun’s house.

 

“And where are you going?!”

 

He ignores her question as he continued walking all the way to the front yard.

 

“Yah! Kwon Yoong! Comeback here!” Jessica couldn’t hold back and yell angrily. Well, it wasn’t just only because of her son. It was because she woke up early in the morning, feeling a bit stress when she saw it wasn’t Seohyun that woke her up. "Geez. I hate this morning."

 

As soon as Yoong saw his father, his smile reappeared. But a smile that has a double meaning. 

 

"Hi, Son. How's your morning? What can you say Appa's new motorbike?" Yul greeted his son, proud to present his new vehicle. "I thought I could use this from now on. You know, to waver your mother's heart again."

 

Instead of giving his father even just a 'good morning' or whatsoever, Yoong snatches the bouquet of flowers from his grasp and his helmet. He then went to search for his key in his pockets.

 

"Yah! Yah! Yah! What are you doing?" Yul confusedly asks while trying to pry his son's hands away. But he was too late, he got his key. "What are you going to do with that?"

 

Yoong did not answer, not until he put on the helmet and the engine. "I'm courting." He then drives off, not minding if he leaves his father with a little dust on his clothes.

 

Yul scoffed, in disbelief. "Courting in such an early morning?" But something was weird for him. "Isn't Miss Seo living in this mansion? Why is she going somewhere? Aish, that was for his mother. How could he just snatch it? Eh?" Shrugging, he simply resumed to the mansion.

 

He saw his ex-wife eating her breakfast with a new company. Now that explains why his son went out.

 

"Hey." He greeted her with his charming smile. But the blonde seems to be not in the mood and did not even looked at his way. But he's pretty sure she's aware of his presence. "What happened?" He ask as he takes his seat.

 

"Yoong left after knowing Miss Seo takes a leave."

 

Yul glanced to the new company, who bowed and introduce herself. He also did his.

 

"Did you guys had a talk?" Jessica finally look at her ex-husband.

 

"Not quite but he seems going to meet Miss Seo."

 

"I knew it." Jessica mutters and sighs. "Looks like, you and me for breakfast."

 

Yul smiled. "Isn't that better?"

 

"Whatever." The blonde shrugs her shoulders. But a small smile plastered in her face.

 

---

 

Just half an hour of drive, Yoong finds himself walking in the side walk, after he parks the bike in a nearby park. Since he only knows the town not the home address, he has to block every passes and ask them if they know Seo Joohyun and her house.

 

After 20 people he asked, one old man have takes him straight in front of Seo Residence. Their house is simple, with Cherry blossom tree in the side and a mail box next to the gate. However, before calling for Seohyun, he thought of bringing his motorbike in front of their house, before he rings her number.

 

Meanwhile, inside the Seo Residence, Seohyun who was force to wake up because of the ringing of her phone lazily reaches for it. She mindlessly cancelled it and went back to bed. But much to her announced, she heard it ringing again.

 

"Seohyun-ah! Pick up your phone!" Mrs. Seo, who was in the living room shouted when she heard the ringing.

 

Seohyun did reach for her device but only to cancel it again without reading the caller id. Then she brought her stuff to her head and flopped back to bed.

 

Again, it was raining. But since she can't hear it clearly, she ignores it. Her mother's voice outside can also be heard, but it never reached her ears.

 

Daeul who just got out from his room stopped in front of his sister's door.

 

"You tell your Noona to answer her phone. She's being a lazy bummer again." Told Mrs. Seo to her son.

 

Daeul just nodded and walks into her sister's room. "Noona, your phone is ringing." He said as he slowly approached the bed.

 

Seohyun under the covers is just tossing and turning. 

 

"Noona it keeps on ringing. This must be important." Said Daeul looking at the phone's screen on top of the night stand. The caller id is a bit long, so he cannot read it well.

 

"Answer it for Noona." Came Seohyun's mumbles under the covers.

 

"What?" Daeul did not hear it clearly.

 

"Answer for Noona. I'm so lazy to pick that up." Seohyun whines at the end of her sentence.

 

Daeul giggles. He then turned to the phone and did not hesitate it as he answered the phone call. "Anyeong? This is Pilot Daeul speaking. How may I help you?"

 

[Daeul~ It's Yoong. Where is your sister?]

 

Daeul has this big smile creeping his face. "Nurse Seo is pretending to sleep. What shall I do, Hyung? She won't actually leave the bed without forcing her." He honestly shares.

 

[Oh, so she still hasn't left her bed? At this hour? But anyway, why don't you spank her? I guess that will wake her up completely and give the phone to her.]

 

"I have done that a few times Hyung. That doesn't l work."

 

[You just give me a problem, eh?]

 

"Hehe." Daeul giggles.

 

[Okay, just kiss her cheeks three times and tell her it came from Yoongry bird. I'm sure she will be awake.]

 

"That's not going to work."

 

[It will. Don't worry.]

 

"Who is that bird, you?"

 

[No more questions and do it.]

 

Daeul could only comply without saying a word. Shs slowly climb to the bed and tuck his self inside the covers. There was his sister, sleeping soundly. Although the idea is not actually that something that will make his sister open her eyes again, he leaned closer and brushes off that hair strands covering hed face. He slowly leaned in closer and closer until he reaches her cheek. Her right puffy cheek that look likes cotton candy for him. He did it twice and then thrice before he whispers, "Noona, the kisses came from Yoongry bird. He's on the phone. Why don't you answer it?" He counted inside his mind, so that if she won't open her eyes, he can kiss her again. But just before he can reached one from his countdown, Seohyun's eyes opened. As if it was what she's waiting for only. She then got out of the bed and look for her phone.

 

"Noona, here." Daeul giggles, holding up the device.

 

Seohyun snatched it and answers the phone. "Yoongry? Why are you calling?" As if the doe-eyed will see her, she's fixing her hair, which made Daeul look at her weirdly.

 

[I'm outside your house right now. We need to talk.]

 

"What?" Seohyun doesn't need to think it twice and she sprinted outside. However, just before she reached the main door of the house, she noticed her mother is in the window, peeking. "Omma? What are you doing there?"

 

"Oh, you finally went out. There's someone outside, looks like going to court you with flowers?"

 

The mention of flowers made Seohyun's heart skipped a beat. But she has no time to explain it to her mother. She exited their home and meet with Yoong outside. 

 

"Wow. Took me a lot of times contacting you, just to see you in your pajamas?"

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Seohyun asks with her chin up.

 

Yoong chuckled. "I told you, we need to talk. So come out there."

 

"I won't. Unless you tell me what is it about?"

 

"You don't want me to force you, do you?" Yoong warned. He sent her a glare, like he usually do.

 

"Hyun? Why don't you let your guest come inside? It's rude to talk outside while you're even in your pajamas." Came Mrs. Seo's voice, which can be heard behind Seohyun.

 

"Oh, Mrs. Seo. I'm Kwon Yoong. Good morning." Yoong did not hesitate and acted friendly. He waves a little while smiling to the woman by the door.

 

Seohyun turned around, was about to correct her mother when she saw her bowing 90 degrees.

 

"Finally, we meet young master." said Mrs. Seo while bowing. Daeul also came out and copied his mother.

 

Yoong also bowed by a little only. "You guys doesn't need to do that." As he felt uncomfortable being respected well. Seohyun is totally speechless.

 

"Yah! Seo Joohyun, don't just stare there. Let him come in. You're so embarrassing! Aish!" Mrs. Seo gestures as she went inside the house again with her son.

 

"Looks like your mother is now fond with the young master." Yoong grinned, teasing Seohyun. 

 

"Tsk, tsk. What else can I do?" Seohyun bitterly mumbles, opening the gate in the process.

 

As Yoong walks inside, he handed the bouquet of flowers. "It's not the sun flower you really like, but I hope you will like this." He has this charming smile, written in his face.

 

"I'm not receiving any flowers coming from you." Seohyun said and shrugs her shoulders, as she leads her guest to her house.

 

Yoong snickers did not expect that. But he doesn't even bother. He hasn't started though. It's just a test if she will like the change once he starts courting her. 

 

"You haven't eaten breakfast, young master? Why don't you join us?" Mrs. Seo offered as soon as she saw the two in the living room.

 

"Oh, that's actually a great idea, Mrs. Seo."

 

"Yah! Omma! He won't stay longer. No need for that." Said Seohyun, alarmed with her mother's offer. She glared at him, but the latter only grinned.

 

"I don't think he is. Right, you master?"

 

"I do need to talk with your daughter Mrs. Seo. But yes, you are absolutely correct. I can stay longer whenever I want. That's if, it's okay?"

 

"Oh you are always welcome here, young master. So you don't need to ask. You, Joohyun! You're not welcome here unless you freshen up." Mrs. Seo firmly said before she left to kitchen. "Make yourself at home, young master." But did not miss and said those words first. "Treat this home as yours as well.

 

Seohyun scoffed out of disbelief. She has never seen her mother treating someone like that.

 

"Now I know where you got your cheerfulness. However, you did not get her hospitality." Yoong chuckled at the end of his sentence. He poke Seohyun's shoulder but he only received her shrugs, as she only went to her room. "Aigoo, you actually don't need that. You always look human or smells good for me, whether you wear the dirtiest pajamas or not."

 

"SHUT UP!"

 

"You. Who are those flowers?" Daeul who had been sitting in the couch caught Yoong's attention.

 

"This? It's for your Noona." Yoong takes his seat next to the young boy. "But your sister doesn't want to accept this. Why don't you give this to her Daeul-ah?"

 

A big smile appeared in the young boy's face. "I'm messenger Daeul, then." He got it in his little arms and followed his sister's room.

 

Yoong giggles, definitely find the young boy too adorable. He's just five after all.

 

Shortly, Daeul went back with a meaningful grin in his face.

 

"Did she accept it?" Yoong wonders if his smile means positive or negative.

 

"Yep. But it was because of something."

 

"Huh?"

 

Daeul sat back next to the older and says, "I said if she isn't going to accept it you will cry." He giggles.

 

"Heol, what a brilliant idea." Yoong ruffles the young boy's hair.

 

"Noona doesn't like seeing someone cry, so she accepted it right away."

 

"If I know. You told her you're going to cry not me." heck Yoong wouldn't buy Daeul's words. It's impossible for her to take it just for the silly thing though.

 

"Hehe." Daeul squeezed his stuffed toy while grinning so wide.

 

"Anyway, why is she so lazy earlier?"

 

"I don't know. But she must be tired."

 

"Tired from what?" Yoong's brows creased.

 

"We did a lot of stuffs last night. So she got tired."

 

"Eh? Aren't you sick yesterday? I mean, LBM?" He got confused.

 

"What is LBM?" Daeul innocently asks back. "I am not sick yesterday. She went home to go play with me while our parents are busy."

 

Yoong is totally flustered. 'So she lied with her text excuse?'

 

"Wae?" 

 

"Hehe nothing. So glad that you're not sick yesterday." I think something is seriously weird. Yoong thought at the back of his head also.

 

"Oh."

 

"Daeul-ah, go and check your Noona if she is done." Mrs. Seo's voice was heard from the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready."

 

"Yes, Omma!" With that, Daeul left to his sister's room again.

 

Yoong was left in the couch, thinking of any reasons why Seohyun lied and why his mother did did not tell him about her sudden decision.

 

Shortly, Seohyun walked out with her brother, wearing a simple white dress.

 

Yoong turned and slowly, lips curving into a sweet yet teasing smile. "Seoturtle looked so pretty, eh?"

 

"I don't know if it's a compliment or not, but Thanks." Seohyun shyly replied.

 

"Noona, he calls you Seoturtle too?" Daeul mindlessly asked.

 

"Oh, so it's your nickname from your brother too? I thought only me calls you that." Yoong pouts disappointingly.

 

'"No-"

 

Seohyun quickly covered his mouth. "Let's just get going to the dining, shall we?" She awkwardly smiled to Yoong and hastily dragged her brother with her.

 

Yoong doesn't have any idea what was it, but she find it cute. He just follows them casually.

 

-

 

Seohyun noticed her brother did not sit next to her. He clings into his arm like instantly. She smiled in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter