Love is...

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

13 | Love is...

 

:::

 

"Good morning." came a very bright greeting from a tan man, whose eyes are set almost immediately to one particular woman in the table.

 

"Good morning, you too." A bright response was also heard from the same woman. "Glad you sounded like you had a great sleep?" Her brows rise while she's stirring on her pineapple juice.

 

"Of course. The room is so fancy; I wouldn't even mind sleeping there again." Yul replied, pulling the chair and take his seat across the blonde. It's really a good thing and Jessica doesn't mind it.

 

"What about, Yoong?"

 

"He's on the way." He replied, flashing a small smile. He takes his utensils casually to begin his meals.

 

"Did you get a talk with him last night?" It was unfortunate for Jessica and she fell asleep before her son arrived. She would have apologized with what happened.

 

"We did." Yul replied simply.

 

"Did he... mention me?" Jessica hesitantly says.

 

Yul made a pause in munching his ham, as he looked at the blonde in the eyes. "He still upset about it when he arrives; so I talked to him and make him understand why you acted that way. He's quiet convince but I have no idea if he's still upset right now. We'll see it later, don't worry." He flashed another smile and resume on his meal.

 

"I see. Um, I honestly have thought about it too."

 

"Hmm?"

 

Jessica trailed off as she continued, "I'll just let him be. Besides, he's big enough. My reaction yesterday was just silly because I still thought my son is a kid. 27 is not old enough somehow to say that he can do whatever he wants without our consent. To think, he's still living with me, or with you." She explains with a satisfied small smile. The video she watched last night just made her really realize how strict she is over her child back then. Which is a big reason of how fragile is her son. She felt so bad and guilty with her doings from the past.

 

Yul almost couldn't believe what he just heard, if it wasn't for his smile and how confident she said it to him. "I'm... I'm glad to hear that." He mutters, happy to hear it, absolutely. "You should tell him about it then."

 

"Hopefully he wasn't... upset anymore. You know, It wasn't about him only. It's also about... Miss Seo." Jessica is quiet hesitant mentioning the surname of her nurse.

 

'She's even keeping the identity of her nurse.' Yul thought before he verbally replied, "I'm pretty he would love to hear that from you, Sica. This decision of yours also connects to Miss Seo, So don't worry. I'm positive he will take it happily."

 

Jessica could simply smile, as she returned to her juice. Yul also casually returned to his mean. She let out a sigh and still anxious about how is she going to say. She can not commit another mistake. No more of it, she swears.

 

'Should I ask her? Or shouldn't I?' Yul in his seat is apparently stealing glances. Since it's only him and her in the table for the meantime, he got this temptation in dropping what was he plans for this day. He had been thinking of it, since last night. This could be a great chance since their son haven't seem coming in the table. 'Alright, alright, here goes nothing.' He took a deep breath and open his mouth, "Do you have time later?" saying the words in his mind.

 

Jessica got a little starlte, looking back to her ex-husband. "Y-yes. I don't have schedule anymore after 2pm. Why?"

 

"I mentioned I'm on a break while we work for our son, right? This... isn't got to do with him, but hopefully I could invite to go somewhere?" Yul finished it with hopeful eyes.

 

The blonde's brows are raising. "Where? You're not-"

 

"It's a good place you will really love."

 

"Yoong will have his last schedule after 2pm too, why don't we bring him with us?"

 

"I've asked him about this last night, but he said he has an appointment."

 

"Appointment?"

 

Yul chuckled nervously. "Just ask him later. I don't know his plans for the day. So what? Do you want to go with me?"

 

Jessica sure feel it, the tan man is making a move on her. It's pretty funny for her, honestly. Unfortunately, her heart seems to like the idea. After all, they haven't gone outside together, without their son. This could be a chance to stop thinking about her stress about her son first. "Fine. I'll go with you." she mutter as a response, but it never missed the happy ears of the tan man across her. She smiled and shrugs, while Yul happily finishes his meal.

 

Just then, Yoong finally appeared, wearing shorts, polo shirt and a pair of white sneakers. He looks like he is up to somewhere instead of the office.

 

"Son, you're not going to visit someone instead of going to the office, are you?" Jessica squinted her eyes to the doe-eyed, as soon as the latter sits down in between them.

 

"I'm going to the office, of course." Yoong answered, grabbing a ham and put it in his wide open mouth. It wasn't only one ham, he also did it to the other foods, as if he is in a hurry.

 

Jessica can't help it and chuckle. "Slow down, Yoong."

 

"He's not going straight to the office, obviously." Yul grimace, watching his son. Never in his breakfast have happened like this. His son, being all happy and looks mysterious. But either way, he loves what he is seeing. And he loves it more now that Jessica is smiling across him, compared to earlier, she looked like there's no more hope, talking about their son. But deep in his heart, his still sad about her current status.

 

"By the way, I heard you guys talking something earlier. But I did not hear it clearly. What is it about?" Yoong asked after he drank his milk. Supposedly he wouldn't like having breakfast with them, but he can't be rude with only a breakfast. Besides, his mother sounds bright when he appeared.

 

Jessica look at her ex-husband and the latter smile warmly at her, giving her encouragement. She took that as a sign and braces herself, looking back to her puzzled but curious little star. "I am sorry for what happened yesterday, Yoong." She started it with an apology. "But I did not regret it happened... because it gets me realize how I've been so selfish for you."

 

Yoong is glad hearing his mother. Yul is quietly cheering for his ex-wife.

 

"... And so... I have decided..." Jessica pause, reaching for her son's hand. "I will let you do with your plans, but don't forget, you still have to tell me everything you are doing. I and your father has the right to know." She still has the strict tone, however.

 

"Okay." Although not satisfied, Yoong smiled, appreciating and respecting his mother's decision. At least she won't be the hindrance of his plans over Seohyun now. "Thanks Mom." he added and return to his meal.

 

Jessica slowly lock gazes with Yul and the latter playfully showed thumbs up. She giggles quietly, as she glances to her son.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Just like he had plan for it, Yoong came in Seo Residence, holding a basket of fruits. He researched on it and one way to someone's heart is to give your love stuffs like sweets. But since Seohyun is picky when it comes to unhealthy stuffs, he decided to buy fruits. They're sweets and healthy at the same time.

 

Yet, as he reached the gate, he spotted Daeul right in front of it, crouching down while playing with his eppy stuff toy.

 

"Daeul-ah? What are you doing there?" He wonders.

 

Daeul looked up to see a familiar figure. He brightens up when it happens to be his new friend. "Hyung." That caused him to stand up right away.

 

"Why are you outside?" Yoong chuckles in amusement.

 

Daeul pouted, recalling the reason why he decided to leave the house. "Hyung, Noona has a guest." He reluctantly informed.

 

"Chincha? Then, shouldn't be you there?" Yoong felt weird.

 

Daeul shakes his head. "I don't want."

 

"Why not?! It's not only her guest, right? It's a family guest."

 

The little boy shakes his head again. "It's not. The guest is Ji Soo Hyung. And he brought stuffs again for my sister. But I don't like him." He confessed.

 

Yoong widened his eyes. "Chincha?"

 

"It seems he is courting my sister." Daeul pouted sadly.

 

'. So he went so early.' Yoong can't help it and curse as he gripped on the handle of the basket. "Where are they right now?"

 

"Inside, the living room." Daeul pointed.

 

Without thinking it twice, Yoong opened the gate and entered with heavy steps. He went straight to the window next to the main door and peek inside. Lucky and the curtain is parted a little. He can see what is happening inside. Much to his dislike, Ji Soo and his apple of the eye is apparently so close to each other, while laughing on something through the Smartphone device. "Aish. What are they think they're doing? And how could Ji Soo lean on her shoulder?"

 

Daeul blinks twice, puzzled by the look of the doe-eyed Hyung. He looks like he is about to punch someone but couldn't do it. He just stoos next to him, quietly watching in amusement.

 

'I couldn't believe he's just letting him do that to her. They're so close, looks like even a couple now.' Yoong sure boiling out in anger with a mix of jealousy. He was about to knock on the door instead of standing there when he heard his phone ringing. He and Daeul looked at each other in panic, as soon as they have also heard a voice inside. Quick, Yoong grabs Daeul through his one arm, picking him up and runs to the Cherry blossoms tree, hiding in the process.

 

It was Seohyun who walked out the house just by the door, checking who got that phone ringing. Unfortunately, she couldn't see anyone. So she went back inside.

 

Yoong and Daeul sighed in relief after the young nurse went back.

 

"Looks like I can't give this in person, Daeul-ah." Bad news is, Yoong can't send her basket of fruits to Seohyun after he reads the message he received. It was from the office, asking his attendance there."But I'm pretty sure you can send this to her, right?"

 

Daeul nodded his head enthusiastically. "I am messenger Daeul, after all."

 

Yoong smiled in amusement, despite his little sad heart.

 

 

---

 

 

Ji Soo has this very big smile plaster in his face after Seohyun accepted his plan again on courting her. He had been itching on getting her back to his life, after he realized he can't live without her in his life. The reason of their break up that time was just shallow though, their time for each other. Since Seohyun is too focus in her work that time, and he is getting his mba. He's confident Seohyun has feelings for him still. It had been a year though, so it's still possible.

 

"What's with the smile?" Seohyun finally went back from her room, who has changed her clothes.

 

Ji Soo couldn't react right away. He finds himself staring to a beautiful princess, wearing a simple all white dress. She even put on a makeup. "I-I... I am to staring to my Seoturtle, right?" He abruptly stands up, eyes never left her eyes on him.

 

Seohyun shyly smiled. She has never thought she can do this. But she can't waste such time and enjoy this day with her first love. It wasn't new for her, though. Just that, it's new for her to be with him again after the break up. Although quite awkward, she's determined with her plan; crushing feelings she has grown from the doe-eyed. If she will spend more time with Ji Soo, it wouldn't be possible her feelings for him will comeback too.

 

"So.. shall we?" Ji Soo opened his hand, offering it to the beautiful princess he used to date.

 

Reluctantly, Seohyun takes Ji Soo's hand. "Let's bring my brother to my parents first. He is outside playing."

 

"Sure." Came Ji Soo's quick response.

 

As they left the house, they spotted Daeul is playing under the tree. Seohyun quickly approached her borther and noticed a basket next to him.

 

"What is that, Daeul-ah?"

 

The little boy quickly stood up. "Oh, Hyung Yoong come by and sends this. He wanted to give this to you earlier but he received a message, so he just left it to me. It's for you, Noona."

 

Seohyun was surprised to hear the doe-eyed came. She picked up the basket and check what's inside. There's a letter and she reads it instantly.

 

"Yoong-ssi... He seems really persistent." Ji Soo commented as he sighed.

 

"Cute." Seohyun utters after reading the message that says, 'An apple a day keeps a doctor away. Stay healthy, Seoturtle.'

 

"We should get going, Seoturtle." Ji Soo reminded.

 

"Oh yeah. I'll put this inside first." Seohyun hastily went back to the house.

 

"Where are you guys going?" Asked Daeul in concern for his sister.

 

"We're going to the Amusement Park. Would you rather come with us?" Ji Soo realized it would be funnier if Daeul is with them, since he would love it.

 

"Nah, It's okay. I'll follow Omma and Appa in the market." Daeul declined. He couldn't come since he wouldn't like seeing how stupid Ji Soo looks like every time he smiles. He really doesn't like him.

 

Ji Soo was about reply when Seohyun finally went out, and the latter meet with them. She took her brother's hand and gestures him to go out the place. He casually complies, as they left the Seo Residence.

 

 

 

***

 

 

It's 30 minutes left now before Yoong's schedule for the day will be over. He's with his team, brainstorming for the next move of the project, focus and doing his best to share his own ideas with everyone in the office.

 

As soon as the last schedule was done, he had this sigh of relief, taking his seat back in his leather chair.

 

Instead of wandering it to the upcoming presentation with investors, his mind wanders to one particular girl, probably still with that Ji Soo, which causes for his heart to have this pang of jealousy.  It isn't part of his imagination for this day, which is him and Joohyun, hanging out with each other after lunch or after his schedule, unfortunately it's not it is. He must be too dreaming for the day and it turns out bad for him.

 

Shrugging, he glances his wrist watch and it says five minutes before 2pm. He hasn't eaten any lunch yet.

 

He stands up, gather his stuffs and was about to leave when he thought of sending Seohyun a message.

 

To Seoturtle: Have you eaten lunch?

Can we meet and eat together? :(

 

He snickers with the emoji he added. But to his dismay, there's no response. He takes that as a sign that she's busy. So he resumes leaving the office.

 

Just then, he spotted his father, going somewhere. But as he tried to call his attention, he didn't heard him and continue his way.

 

Yoong got curious and follow him. "Oh, he's really sure getting Mom back, eh?" His father entered the witch's office, and he really thinks it's because of his plans. "Well, I wouldn't mind." Thus, it doesn't bother him. This only means, his father is taking effort in completing their family as well. He then just left without disturbing them.

 

Meanwhile, Yul is in the couch, waiting for the blonde to finish signing the papers an office employee is doing for her. He's excited and definitely couldn't wait any longer. He hoped Jessica would be the same.

 

As soon as she's free, He stood up from the couch and walked to her desk. "So... Are we good to go now?" Came his question, as he smile charmingly.

 

"Can you... Stay outside for a while? I'll come out later." Jessica hesitantly favored.

 

"Oh yeah, Sure, Sica." Yul never dropped his smile as he left the office. In that moment also, the temporary nurse walks inside. Yul knew what does that mean. He just tried to shrugs it off and waited in a nearby bench in the hallway. He so wanted to come in and tell her how much he wanted her to stay strong and he would always be there in her side, but the fact that she's keeping it to herself while getting treatme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter