Breakup

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

29 | Breakup

 

***

 

Despite learning the news this morning, Seohyun still went to her shift and do her best to have a good performance again for the next four hours of her shift. So far she was all in mood and greeting every patient with her usual cheerfulness, without feeling any nausiness again, but as soon as the lunch approaches, she couldn't hold back and went straight to the comfort room, leaving all her friends in the hallway, surprised with her sudden actions.

 

"When am I going to stop feeling like this?" She whines, talking with herself to the mirror after she vomited. She pouts her lips when she reminds herself her Yoongry is still out there doesn't have any clue with her situation. But likewise, she will think about the chairman and her condition every time she thinks of her boyfriend.

 

'I wonder what will Chairman Jung's reaction too? Will she be happy? Or will she be... No-No. I don't have to think this in advance. Omma is right, I should follow as soon as possible. Fighting Seo Joohyun! For your baby soon! For your little Yoongry soon!' she cheered on herself and compose herself. 'For now, let's work while you still can.' And hurriedly left the comfort room, before she can skip the meal and her break time.

 

'Aish, I should have known this place will be so chaos at this time.' She walks inside the cafeteria, with bumps here and there while putting her hands on her stomach, protecting her unborn child inside from any bumps she gets left and right. However, just before she reached her friends' table, she spotted Doctor Choi, a well known ob-gyne in their hospital. She thought about confirming if she's really pregnant or not, but her friends already called her up, causing for her to change her mind and just approached them. It's lunch time after all, she can visit her later.

 

---

 

After saying goodbye to her patient, she walks out the ward and checks the time if her appointment she made with the ob-gyne is already on time, she casually made her way to the lift and patiently waited for it to arrive on the third floor. But the lift stops at the second floor and a young man carrying a little girl in his arms walks inside.

 

Seohyun couldn't help it and smile as she secretly checks on the two that looks like a father a daughter. The little girl looks like she just e. The man is talking with her like the latter knows how to respond. He sounds so sweet while reassuring his little girl that she will be alright.

 

'Aww, she's so cute.' She thought at the back of her head, couldn't stop smiling. She imagines if it's Yoong talking to their little one like that, it made her feel so giddy. Just imagining it is like so precious and totally so adorable and cute. It made her felt excited out of a sudden to finally reveal the news to him.

 

*Ding*

 

As soon as the lift have stopped to her floor, and as the door opens, she just literally runs out, happily skipping until she has reached the office of the ob-gyne doctor. Her secretary immediately opens the door for her and walks inside smiling to the doctor.

 

"You look like excited, eh?" Doctor Choi said as she opened the curtain to another room, where she performed her test to her patients.

 

Seohyun obediently follows behind and takes her seat at the edge of the bed first. "Can we already see right away if we head into this?" She asked, talking about the ultrasound the doctor recommends.

 

"You told me it had been almost three weeks since you started being so sensitive with smells and gets nausea right? And you missed last month's period. I assume the baby must be around three to six weeks now. Therefore, we can already have a view of the fetus developing in your tummy." Doctor Choi said as she gestures the young nurse to lie down as she readied the equipment.

 

Seohyun sighed as soon as she lies down and felt her heart beats suddenly becomes nervous. She hopes Yoong is by her side right now. But knowing she should do it to herself, she must feel fearless and determined.

 

"Relax so we can perform this well." The Doctor noticed Seohyun's uneasiness and suggests the latter.

 

"Yes." Seohyun took a deep breath and exhaled slowly but surely, and started to calm herself. Just then, the doctor pulled up her uniform until her stomach is viewable and performed the test. Her eyes immediately looked up the monitor, bracing herself before the doctor could tell her where on the exact position she can see the baby.

 

Just a couple of minutes later, the doctor found it. "You see over there?" The Doctor pointed to where she can see the baby on the monitor. "I'm right; it's indeed 3 weeks now. The size is just started to grow." she turned to see the reaction of the young nurse, she warmly smiled to her.

 

Seohyun's heart just skips a beat, as she goose bumps and a single tear drops in the corner of her eyes. 'I'm going to be a mother soon. Yoong, you're going to be a father next year... Oh God, Thanks for this gift we never expected to receive.'

 

"You have to take care of this, because it's just easy to loss this if you don't. Especially that it's your first time. You also have to take vitamins for you and for the baby. Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of fluids. And one most important advise, avoid the stress. It's one of the common reasons for miscarriage." The Doctor advises, earning a nod from the younger while she's wiping her tears away. "Congratulations, Nurse Seo. You're officially part of the of the club." she playfully added and Seohyun laughs heartily. "But being a mother is not easy... however, it's fun."

 

"I will do my best to be a great mother for my future child, I promise, Doctor Choi." Says Seohyun confidently. 'Let's do our best together as parents Yoong.' She said especially inside her mind while smiling to the ob-gyne.

 

***

 

Before signing off on her shift, Seohyun did not expect she'll receive an invitation coming from Doctor Kim, her dear friend that she barely bumps around the hospital because of how busy the doctor is, while she's also focus in her work as a nurse.

 

"It's Nurse Seo, Doctor Kim." She said after she heard the voice of the kind doctor's voice from her office.

 

"Come in." Came Doctor Kim's response.

 

With that cue, the young nurse opened the door and walks inside in her baby steps. She was greeted by a busy doctor in her chair, but she never missed to look at her and smile at her. She smiled back as she takes the seat across the older.

 

"I've heard that you approached an ob-gyne." Taeyeon did not prolong it anymore and she told her striaght.

 

"How did you know?" Seohyun frowned; having no clue that she told anyone that she went to have an ultra sound. "I think I've never mentioned this to anyone."

 

"From the doctor herself." Taeyeon replied with an amuse smile to the younger girl.

 

"Ugh, I should have told her to keep it between only for us." Seohyun feel a little regrets. But as she looked at the doctor's grins, she accepted her defeat. "Fine, I'm pregnant Doctor Kim and I'm sure you know who the father of this fetus in my womb is." She said playfully.

 

"Of course I know. But I don't want to talk about that. I want to talk about your plans. I mean, most nurses that got pregnant leaves their work but end up resigning as a nurse. So how's your plan? If you may want to ask me, I'll advise you to leave because being a nurse and a mother at the same time is going to be hard, Seohyun. You have to give up your time for your future family just to be in your work, which sometimes ends at dawn. You even have given up now with your family. And now that you're having your own, don't do the same - your child has to know you for all of their lives."

 

Seohyun is overwhelmed that Taeyeon is concerned for her. "I actually have plans of resigning, Doctor Kim. However, I have already planned this before I've learned I'm pregnant. I mean, I want to resign soon because it's time for me to finally repay all the time my parents gave to me. Besides, I have save enough money already ever since I took the job as a private nurse and apparently it's helping my family to own a small restaurant and for Daeul's College tuition fee. I think that was enough for me to put my attention now with my family." she ended it with a proud smile forming in her lips.

 

"And not to mention, you have a one hot rich boyfriend." Taeyeon additionally says. "An Archetict that will be the head of the family you guys are going to build soon."

 

"Yah! I've never treat Yoong as rich, Doctor Kim! And never in my life to depend on someone. Yoong may have bought me stuffs, but I've never asked for it. And to think, He's really just generous." Seohyun defended herself like the doctor will argue with her. But all that she receives is her giggles. "Aish, Yoong is Yoong, okay?"

 

"Yeah, yeah. I was just telling you the truth that it will not be a problem if you give up your career. But anyway, you can still be a nurse though. You know private nurses are in demand nowadays."

 

"I've heard about that too. But I think the chairman is enough for me for now. I mean, it's not easy to deal with patients that has attitude though. I have to have long patience."

 

"True. Anyway, Congratulations. Don't forget to call me as your child's God mother, Okay? I would really glad to one of her guardian as well."

 

"It's not yet sure if it's going to be a girl though." Seohyun chuckled with the doctor's excitement.

 

"Well, who knows? You know most babies this year are girls. But for you, what do you prefer?"

 

"Nah, it doesn't matter. As long as she or he is my child. And I'm going to raise her well, like the way my parents raise me." Seohyun can't stop feeling proud, but this time for her loving parents.

 

"Speaking of that, did your parents already know?" Doctor Kim got concerned, knowing that parents doesn't take it easily if it's unexpected.

 

"Omma is just understanding immediately, but Appa seemed surprised and... Mad? I don't know but I think he is - or he's disappointed."

 

"Fathers are always like that. Especially that Yoong isn't here. He's probably disappointed that Yoong is away from you - who is supposedly the first person to take care and protect you. But he's not here... So... "

 

"I'm planning to follow there, though. So no worries. I just have to convince Appa. Hehe." Seohyun sheepishly replied.

 

"Will that be easy?"

 

Sighing, Seohyun shakes her head. "I think not."

 

"Aigoo... But before anything else, you should go now. Your family must be waiting for you already. You can't keep them waiting." Doctor Kim reminded.

 

"Yeah." Seohyun stands up. "Thanks for your support, Doctor Kim. I will not ever forget and call you to be my future child's God mother." she bows and hastily left before she can hear the doctor's response.

 

Taeyeon was left in her office, smiling like a fool. Not only because she's excited for additional family in Kwon-Jung, but she's also excited to see her friend soon. It isn't new for her that Jessica have relapse the one month deadline she told them months ago, and that's making her happy. Because that only means, her friend has a bigger chance to survive. Her friend is a warrior after all.

 

***

 

The worse being pregnant is not just feeling nausea or throwing up, craving for all the food her taste buds is also a problem. Seohyun walked inside the small restaurant she got for her parents with a plastic of different kinds of fruits. Her mother immediately notice her and pulled the chair for her as she sat down.

 

"What's that?" Asked Mrs. Seo, pointing to the plastic.

 

Smiling so big, Seohyun brought out the green mango first, followed by a big guava, a pack of pineapple that was cut into pieces, grapes, two yellow mangoes, mandarin and another pack of straw berries. "Kindly get me one big plate, Omma? I'll eat these all while waiting for you guys to close the restaurant." she grinned so wide. "Hehe, I'm craving for all of these, sowey." she put on an aegyo additionally.

 

"Tsk,tsk... When I was pregnant with you? I'm only craving for one fruit and here you here... Ugh, I wonder what kind of child will come out from you after nine months." Mrs. Seo had a few of shaking heads to her daughter before leaving the latter to get her the plate she's asking.

 

"Noona!!!" Just then, Daeul is coming out from the kitchen while running to her table. "Aigoo, my little brother." However, she stands up and meets with her brother half-way. She picked him up in her arms and brings her to her table.

 

"Is that okay for you, Noona? You're pregnant." Daeul worriedly says, even though he's already sitting next to his sister.

 

"Of course it's okay. You're so light only though. Noona is stronger." Seohyun reassuringly smiled as she ruffles her brother's hair. "My little brother is going to be an Uncle soon. How adorable." she can't help and feel giddy inside. Just imagining it, her brother and her first child, in one picture, it's like a brother and a sister only.

 

"Hmm, okay. What are these?" Daeul pointed to the staffs on the table, eyebrows rising as she looked at his sister.

 

"Noona is craving. I'm eating all of these." Seohyun said with a big grin.

 

"You're not going to give me?" Daeul pout his lips. "I think you can't finish these all, Noona."

 

"Hehe, of course you're going to have... this guava." Seohyun just give the guava instead.

 

"I don't like this. Can I have the strawberries, instead?"

 

"Yah! I love this too! Don't take this, Daeul-ah. Guava is good for kids, don't you know that? So you should take this? Okay?" Seohyun tried to convince her brother but the latter stole the pack of strawberries and automatically runs off. "Y-Yah! Seo Daeul! Comeback here! That's Noona's!" she literally yelled, earning the stares from the costumers around. She awkwardly smile and bowed her head a lot of times, apologetically. "Aish, that kid, never change." she mumbles and put the guava back to the plastic. "Let's eat you midnight instead."

 

"What happened to Daeul?" Mrs. Seo came back with a plate and a knife instead.

 

"What took you long, Omma?" Seohyun noticed it.

 

Taking the yellow mangoes, Mrs. Seo started to cut it. "I had a little chitchat with your chef father. Well, he seems to be cold after he learned you are already here."

 

"That means... you have to help me, Omma." Seohyun whispered.

 

Glancing to her daughter, Mrs. Seo had a poker face. "No."

 

"Wae?" Seohyun whines automatically. "You know Appa is sometimes in his-"

 

"It's you who is pregnant, not me. And Seo Joo Hyun, your father will much appreciate it if it's you talking to him. Give all the best to convince your father, since you have no more choice. Otherwise, you'll end up raising your child alone."

 

"I still have a choice, though." Seohyun rolled her eyes.

 

"What?" Mrs. Seo curiously asked her daughter.

 

Chuckling nervously, Seohyun picked one piece of pineapple and put it into . "You and Me, convincing Appa." she said while munching.

 

"Never gonna happen." Mrs. Seo insisted firmly.

 

"Ugh, fine. I'll talk to him later." Seohyun once again put another piece in . "But... you have.... to cheer... on me."

 

"Yah! Swallow your food first!" Mrs. Seo scolded her daughter, couldn't believe that she is staring to a pregnant woman who is acting childish in front of her.

 

Seohyun complied and after a while, she speaks again. "That kind of cheer is what I like. You should go on with that, Omma." She praised but only to be ignored. "Aish, so bad mother." She took the mandarin and started peeling it with her bear fingers.

 

"You. You better call Yoong tonight and tell her about this." Mrs. Seo briefly pointed her daughter with the tip of the knife.

 

"That's not gonna happen."

 

"Why not?"

 

"I'm going to surprise my baby Yoongry. I will tell Chairman Jung however tonight." Seohyun giggles but her mother sent her a glare. "Why? I think she deserves to know first. She's the grandma of my child, like you."

 

"She's sick isn't she? It will surprise her if you tell her first."

 

"But like you, she will be happy." Said Seohyun as a matter of fact. Her cheerful smile is still apparent in her face.

 

Mrs. Seo rolled her eyes. "Fine, just tell her first. What about Yoong?"

 

"I will tell him personally." Seohyun casually eat her mandarin but never loses her smile.

 

"That's if, your father will give you the permission to go." Mrs. Seo smirks to her daughter.

 

"He has to, no matter what." And Seohyun smirks back.

 

Just then, Mister Seo comes out from the kitchen and approaches their table. But he only gives his daughter a meaningful look and exited the restaurant.

 

Seohyun grabs two mandarins from the plate first and hurriedly catches up with her father.

 

"Aigoo, I hope he takes it easy with his daughter." Mrs. Seo was left alone, hoping her husband will not prolong his mood to their daughter.

 

"Omma, let's just eat all of these." Daeul have also comes back and was about to take one mandarin when his mother pushed it away from him.

 

"It's for your niece or nephew. Don't be selfish, Daeul. Your sister needs this."

 

"Omma!!!" The youngest Seo of the family whines and cried out loud, catching the costumers’ attention. Mrs. Seo immediately gives at least one mandarin to her son and pulled him in her lap.

 

---

 

In a nearby park Mister Seo brought his daughter for a serious talk in regards to her being pregnant. He did not really expect that just after few months of dating, Seohyun had to be pregnant. He felt like he doesn't know his daughter anymore who is always so careful with her actions. Worse, the person that should be more than responsible for his daughter is not in the place. It's disappointing and he is mad to that man.

 

"I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter