Truth II

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23 | Truth II

 

***

 

Still recovering from the shock, Yul couldn't calm himself while waiting outside an emergency room, as the doctors and nurses are checking on Krystal's condition. It was him only, Donghae is also walking back and forth in an opposite direction. Technically, both are having this worried in their faces for the young kid. Not to mention, Both are having this father vibe.

 

Seohyun watching in the side is speechless. But at the same time, she loves what she's seeing. For years that she's a nurse, it's so rare to see there are two fathers that's apparently worried for one kid. It's an amazing and moving sight. Seohyun can't stop herself and smile.

 

--

 

"She's stable now. She's out of danger. For now, let's wait for her to wake up. We can have another check up once she do."

 

"So don't need for blood transfusion?" Donghae and Yul both asks in worry.

 

"Her red blood cells are back to normal. We only needed it if the counts decreases more than the white blood cells." The doctor explained. "We will keep on monitoring her until she gets better."

 

"I see. Thanks Doctor." Donghae said and bowed. Yul next to him also followed and bowed, as the doctor leaves the ward peacefully.

 

"Why did you let this to happen?" As soon as they're alone with Krystal on the bed, sleeping, Yul turned to Donghae, showing how disappointed and mad he is. "I can't believe you! You're the father! You should know better before she gets sick.

 

Donghae pulled the chair first and sat down next to Krystal. "If you will just going to yell in this ward, just leave." As he answered weakly and coldly. He took his daughter's little hand and give it a warm squeeze. He leaned down and kisses affectionately the back of her hand. It's not the first time Krystal was confined. Being a premature baby, she easily gets sick. "Get well soon baby." But every time she's sick, he couldn't take it and always get worried, like she would leave him.

 

"What about the contract we made an agreement? You can't push me away. I'm staying here." Yul stubbornly grabs another chair at sat down in the opposite side of the bed.

 

Donghae sent Yul a glare. "What about your son? Isn't he discharge yet?"

 

"Nope. He will be discharge in two weeks time. And my wife is there in his side, I'm pretty sure she won't mind. Besides, today is the first day of the contract. I should be in Krystal side from this on." Yul defensively explained himself. Donghae couldn't answer and just rolled back his eyes. He smiled in satisfaction and looked at the poor little girl in the bed. Once again, his chest tightens, watching how pale Krystal look like. 'I know you're strong, like your Omma, Krystal. So I'm pretty sure you wouldn't stay here for long. Let's play a lot after you recover, okay?' But she's hopeful the kid can make it through. Reaching for the other hand, He gives it a gentle squeeze and smiled warmly. 

 

Donghae can't help but feel a little uncomfortable, watching Yul holding his daughter's hand. 'I shouldn't have agreed to that contract.' He feels slightly regretting, now that he can not push him away. 'Aish, I'm so stupid.'

 

"Don't you have any schedule today? It's not still too late to attend them." Yul suddenly wanted to give himself alone time with Krystal.

 

"No. I don't have. I'm all free... until the next few days." Donghae lied as he doesn't also want to leave his daughter's side. It only just means he is giving her to Yul. He would never do that.

 

Yul sighed in defeat. 'The contract can't seem to be followed in the hospital. Aigoo, He's the father after all.'

 

"But just like in your contract, I can let Jessica see her daughter. I wouldn't mind that." Donghae however thinks it will be selfish if he doesn't agrees on what's on the contract. He thought it would be a help for his daughter as well. 

 

"Chincha? That's good to know then. I'll let my wife know later." Yul smiled, happy to learn Donghae isn't selfish. 

 

"Wife? I thought I know you guys have divorced?" Donghae suddenly noticed the use of 'wife' in Yul's sentence. "I haven't seem to hear any news you guys have married again?"

 

"We're engage. So basically, she'll be my wife soon." A smug smile creeps in Yul's lips, thinking Donghae must be jealous he's calling Jessica 'wife' again. He remembers back then, every time he fetches Jessica from work, and Donghae will catch them, he would always have a glare towards him.

 

"I see." Donghae nodded and put on a small smile before averting his eyes to his daughter and got quiet.

 

Yul also have nothing to say. He returns staring to Krystal, can't stop himself and feels like the kid's father. It's a little weird but the way her hand touches his is like they're blood related. It must be because it's Jessica's daughter. He felt connected towards her.

 

Suddenly, he heard his phone ringing. He got startled and took it hastily from his pocket before he can wake Krystal up in no time. He stands up and walked out the ward to answer the phone call.

 

"Sica-"

 

[I heard Krystal was confined? What's the number of the ward?] But Jessica beats him with her concern.

 

"Yeah, but how did you know?" Yul couldn't somehow remember he called the blonde to inform her.

 

[Seohyun, she sent me a message.]

 

"Ah... I see." He mentally reminded himself that Seohyun was with him earlier. But the girl excuse to check on the blonde. "Um, it's in the second floor. Fifth room." He did not hesitate and informed the mother.

 

[Okay, I'm coming there now.]

 

"Wait..." Yul stops halfway when he heard the call ended that instant. He sighed and just put his phone down. Just as he wants to comeback inside, he changed his mind and decided to watch outside. He will meet Jessica outside before he allows her in. Knowing that girl's temper, he can't let her do some scene in Krystal's ward. "Aigoo... Why are my loved ones getting sick?" He sighed, realizing that his son is yet to recover, then the fact that Jessica has a cancer, and now, Krystal. "Aish! This is prolly Donghae's fault. Krystal won't be like this if he takes care of her well."

 

---

 

In the same hospital, Seohyun who saw the chairman leaving Yoong's ward immediately grabs the chance and she sneak inside without her knowledge. They only had few talks earlier as the blonde came back to her son's ward after taking her medicine.

 

"Bunny? Is that you?" Yoong asks as soon as he saw the back of the young nurse. "What are you doing here?"

 

Seohyun securely locked the door before she turns and smile to meet her boyfriend's smiling eyes on her. She did not waste time and she rushes to him, giving him a tight longing hug. Yoong chucked and hugs her back instantly.

 

"I just miss you." Seohyun whispers, without planning to let go yet.

 

"As if we did not see each other last night?" Yoong reminded. Ever since he knew his mother is still strict, he decided to meet and spend time with Seohyun every night. In which, everyone are asleep.

 

"Well blame me. Seeing you only every night still not enough for me. I just want things to comes back to normal again."

 

"Yeah, me too. But don't worry, I am so near in telling Omma already. I'm just waiting for the papers to be legalized. I'll tell her the moment I got it."

 

Seohyun pulled back from the hug, giving her boyfriend a puzzled stare. "What do you mean?"

 

"Yah, have you forgotten? The condo I was talking about? Well I have called the company and ask them to arrange my ownership of the condo now, before I give them my money." Yoona informed with a happy smile. He's already excited to move. Although it wasn't his mother's building he's moving.

 

"Chincha? That's a good news then."

 

"Within this week, they'll send it." Yoona replied so quick. "But it's not only me moving there, you're moving with me."

 

Seohyun was a bit stunned. "No way."

 

"Why not? You're my girlfriend."

 

"I mean I can't move with you right away. I'm still working with your mother. And part of the contract states that I should only be living with her within 100 days of job. I can only leave the mention until that 100th day." Seohyun explained herself. But she widened her eyes when she realizes she mentioned about the days.

 

Yoong squints his eyes. "100 days? What are you talking about..."

 

"Um, that. That's just-"

 

"So you only have 100 days as my mother's personal nurse? Is that what you mean? Why you did not tell me about this?" He cuts when it finally hits him.

 

"Um... it's because..." Seohyun look elsewhere and tried to come up with an explanation. "It's also part of the contract that I shouldn't be telling about this to anyone."

 

"Mom only plans to work with you for 100 days."

 

Seohyun finds herself nodded her head to confirm it. "If in 100 days she doesn't get better, she will find another doctor."

 

"Not like the others that until they get better?" Yoong couldn't believe it. "Seriously, she thought cancer can be cured right away?"

 

Again, she nodded, looking down to her lap. "Don't be mad of your mother, Yoong." She said with full regret from being careless.

 

Reaching for his girlfriend's chin, Yoong pushed it gently up, so she can face him again. "I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed that she's not planning to hire you until she gets better. I think if I were in her place, I wouldn't set any rules. I would only wait until I beat cancer through the help of you."

 

"Your mother, you know she's different."

 

"It's her pride - it's just too high. Tsk,tsk."

 

Seohyun took her boyfriend's hands and give it a gentle squeeze. "Don't worry, I will make sure she beats cancer before the 100th day. You don't know but her cancer cells are decreasing. Doctor Kim would soon tell me she's in her recovery stage."

 

"She doesn't look like sick, actually."

 

"I know right? But that was because she doesn't mind it. She's more than focusing on taking meds on time."

 

Yoong sighed in relief. "That's good then. I don't need to worry a lot."

 

Slowly releasing her hands, Seohyun wraps her arms around her boyfriend's waist and put her chin on top of his shoulder. Yoong rubs her back eventually.

 

"Before that happens, let me hug you again and enjoy your warmth. It feels like heaven every time I'm in your arms though." Seohyun whispers as she close her eyes. It looks like, she really can't break up with this choding. It's too far from being true when her heart wouldn't let her.

 

"It feels you're a pillow for me." Yoong giggles, earning a playful slapped on his shoulder. He just ignored and squeezes her. "Hmm my big bunny... I wanna squeeze you until you lose your breath."

 

Seohyun smiled like a fool. She loved it when Yoong squeeze her too.

 

"I can't wait to live with you." Yoong added, already imagining him and Seohyun in one roof. It's going to be always exciting.

 

"Speaking of that. After 100 days, I still comes back home to my parents." 

 

"What?!" Yoong pulled back from the hug this time, as he finds the information surprising. "Why aren't you living with me?"

 

"Yah!" Seohyun knocks the older one's head. "I'm still living there. And for your information, I'm working because I'm saving for my brother's college."

 

"Your little brother? Isn't that still so early?" Yoong softly chuckles. He finds it so silly at the same time.

 

"Indeed! But it's better to save early than to regret it once he's in college."

 

"Aigoo, How many years are you planning to do that?"

 

"Until he graduated high school."

 

"Heol. He isn't even yet in school right now. I can't wait for fourty twenty years, Bunny."

 

"You can't wait? Then we should break up right now if you can't."

 

Yoong hastily waves his hands in front of his girlfriend's face. "No! I'm changing my mind. I can wait until your brother goes to college." But he groaned, c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter