Cool Off

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26 | Cool Off

 

***

 

"Surprise!"

 

All three of them, Yul, Seohyun and Jessica instantly got surprise upon being welcomed by an unexpected sight of the living room and voice of course, coming from both Krystal and Yoong. Both are doing the same pose, arms are wide with their big smiles from ear to ear. The floor is occupied with different colors of balloons, while they're holding a banner with their mother's face in it.

 

"What is this?" Yul let out a soft chuckle.

 

"You guys prepared this?" Jessica followed in glee.

 

"Is this the reason I can't contact you, Yoong?" But Seohyun's attention was on her boyfriend.

 

"Whoa, whoa, hold on guys. It's our surprise only for our dear Omma. She remained as the president and that needs for a celebration, right Krystal?" Yoong said and looked down to his little sister. The latter showed two thumbs up while giggling. "Congratulations Omma!" They said together, as he and Krystal approached their mother, giving her a congratulatory hugs together. "We are so proud of you."

 

"Oh thank you, Yoong, Krystal." Jessica whispers to her children. She picked up Krystal and carried her in her arms, which gives the younger an easy way to hug her on her neck. Yoong behind is wrapping his arms to the two, trapping them in his big arms. Jessica smiled like the happiest living on earth, overwhelmed with this sweet surprise from her children. It was already a bunos when she learned Krystal is indeed Yul's daughter; she can't help feel more loved, to have her two children by her side.

 

Yul and Seohyun in the side are smiling, as they're both loved what they're watching. Despite having the anxious Seohyun has inside her heart because of Yoong's avoidance, it's more interesting to see he's smiling back again, and being so sweet with his mother together with his sister. Nothing can beat that at the moment, the love of a son to his mother.

 

---

 

"Mom." As soon as Yoong returned to the dining room, everyone's head turned to him. "I'm afraid I couldn't continue celebrating. I receive a call from the company. It's important and I need to be there as soon as possible." He approached her mother and leaned down, kissing her forehead in the process.

 

"You'll be home before midnight, right?" Jessica asked in concern.

 

"I don't know let's just see it later." Yoong was about to go out when his father got his jacket's sleeve.

 

"You call us if you are coming home." Yul added before letting go of his son.

 

"Of course." Yoong flashed a reassuring smile. He ruffled his sister's hair and simply glanced back to his mother and Seohyun as he walks out the dining room almost immediately.

 

"He seems suddenly busy." Seohyun finally speaks in a soft tone, as the Kwon-Jung returned to their meals. Yul is especially feed his daughter across her.

 

"Yeah, I think because I'm staying in the company. And that also means he's staying." Jessica answered her nurse's comment. Yul looked at her briefly with a small smile and returned to their daughter. "Why don't you follow him?" Sensing there's something going on between her son and her nurse, Jessica suggests.

 

"N-No. I don't think I could go. I mean, you're still going to take your medicine later, Ma'am." Seohyun said as she glances to Krystal, whose busy chatting with her father. She's glad the little girl did not hear her words.

 

"I can take it on my own, Nurse Seo. At least for now. You have to follow Yoong and fix whatever is going on between you and my son. It's an order." Jessica firmly and seriously said. She made sure her voice is also low, so her daughter can't be interrupted in her side.

 

In Seohyun's heart, she absolutely agrees with her boss' suggestion. But there's a little part of her that if she will talk with Yoong tonight, it will not be the same as she wanted to be. She can still feel that Yoong is avoiding that means, he isn't okay yet. "I'm sorry, Ma'am. I can't. Maybe tomorrow - I mean, it's more a good idea if it's tomorrow. I think by that time, he is on the right mind. And besides, he's out there to work. I don't think I can disturb him."

 

Jessica sighs. "I can't change your mind, can I?" upset that Seohyun is as stubborn as her son.

 

"Don't worry about us. You know we can fix this easily." Seohyun reassuringly smiled, even though she's not sure she can do it that way.

 

---

 

Bunny: [Don't overwork, Yoong. Please call me once you come home.]

 

Yoong checks his phone with a little annoyance, as soon as he reads the message from his girlfriend. He trailed off as he thinks for it for a while, if he's going to answer her message or not. But after some moments, he decided to reply to her message.

 

to Bunny: [I'm okay. You don't have to wait for me. I can take care of myself. Just go to sleep early.]

 

Just as he expects to be, there's no response. He tossed his phone on the side grabs his can of beer to have few gulps of it before returning to his work. The truth is, no one ever called her for an emergency work. He only wanted to get away from the dinner, in order to avoid his girlfriend's presence.

 

Hearing another beep from his phone, he casually took it and reads the message from the young nurse.

 

Bunny: [Okay. Good night, Yoongry. I love you.]

 

The last three words in her message give a pang sensation on his heart. How on earth can he forget it? He loves her and she loves him back. But with the situation going on, he sometimes feels an ache in his heart. It's like some thorn is being dip inside that he couldn't stop it.

 

Heaving a sigh, he just tossed his phone back to its place and grabs his unfinished can of beer. It took only some few seconds and he finished it. He grabs another one from the table and leaned into his leather chair, drinking up the beer that may help forget his pain of the day.

 

***

 

It was such a good - Jessica can't stop herself from smiling, while she couldn't also stop running her hand in her daughter's hair, while the latter is sleeping. Although she has no plans telling her daughter yet, she wanted to take this moment and be with her daughter.

 

"My instincts are all correct." Suddenly, she heard Yul's voice, together with his footsteps.

 

"I don't know how it happened but it's absolutely a dream come true for us." She doesn't have to turn her head, as she answers hef fiancé’s words.

 

Sitting down at the edge of the bed, Yul took one of his daughter's hand. "Yeah, definitely. I mean, before Yoong came to our lives, it's our dream to have our child. Our child that has our blood running on her or him. And now this, I couldn't ask for more, except for... Our daughter to take the truth easily."

 

"Me too. I just don't want to see her hurting." Jessica utters softly, glancing briefly to Yul with her sweet smile.

 

"What did Donghae told you about this by the way? Did he tell something else besides that she's my daughter?"

 

"He didn't. But He really sounds like it was hard for him to it to me. I can't blame him, he had grown loving Krystal. And I'm actually thankful for that, because he raised her so well."

 

"I thought he also mentioned about the adoption. I mean, we can actually take this control since we are her real parents. But I guess that will be hard to do if Donghae doesn't want to give this to us. Or if our daughter will not believe us."

 

"I actually have the same thoughts. But we can pursue Donghae. This move of him seems a good indication that he's now changing. You know, He honestly mentioned about regretting... That's why he decided to tell me himself."

 

"Really? He's regretting now? That's a good thing." Yul smiled and turned to look at his daughter. "We'll be one finally soon, Sweetheart. I can't wait for that happen."

 

Jessica reached for Yul's hand and gives him a comforting squeeze. "We will be one big family with our two children." She whispers huskily, earning the tan man's gazes on her.

 

Yul kissed the back of the blonde's hand without leaving his intent gazes to her. "I'm excited, Sica."

 

"Ditto." Jessica whispered back. She's finally going to live with what had been she's dreaming. God knows how much she had been dreaming this to come true.

 

***

 

It's another sunrise in Jung mansion. One little girl woke up from her deep slumber, almost thought she could get up right away and run to the next room. But she is surprised she is couldn't move an inch, all because of two arms coming from two persons lying next to her in both sides.

 

Recognizing the arms, she smiled so big as she turned to the right; her mother's sleeping face greets her. And then to her left; her Yul Appa's sleeping face greets her as well.

 

Her smile is just from ear to ear, happy to be waking up with the two persons who had been giving her brighter days every day.

 

She raised her small hand and can't help it but trace her small for finger to her Yul Appa's forehead, down to her nose and then jaw. She pokes her nose twice before she leaned in and kiss his cheek. "Good morning, Appa." Whispers her and giggles in the process.

 

Turning to her mother, she also did the same but kiss her cheeks a few times.

 

"I need mors kiss." Yul mumbles, demanding for more the moment he caught his daughter kissing her mother more than him. He had woken up ever since he felt the little girl between him and Jessica touch his face.

 

Giggling, Krystal returned to her father and pinched his nose rather. "Appa is already awake!"

 

"No. I'm sleep talking." Yul playfully replied without opening his eyes. "Come on kiddo, Appa needs some kiss more than your Omma."

 

Krystal got convince. She didn't think twice and gives her father kisses. Not just in one side but to the other side as well.

 

Yul is smiling in satisfaction, while not planning for his child to stop from giving his kisses. It's just fluttering inside as a father. He even thinks now that his daughter is a better kisser than his fiancée.

 

Jessica who had awoke from her slumber, quickly finding herself smiling to the sight that welcomes her. She couldn't help it and squeezes her daughter from behind, which made her stop from showering her father with good morning kiss all over his face.

 

"Omma is awake too." Krystal turned to her mother and put her arm on her neck. "Good morning, Omma." Giving her a sweet greeting and a kiss on her forehead.

 

"Aww, my baby is so sweet, eh?" Jessica mumbles without opening her eyes.

 

"She IS." Yul said as he put his one arm across the two bodies next to him. "I wonder what did she dreamed of and she's suddenly sweet."

 

"Appa and Omma are in my bed, I'm just happy, Appa." Krystal defended herself with a cute pout.

 

Yul and Jessica find their eyes in the middle and giggles together.

 

"Wae? Did I say something wrong?"

 

With their instincts, the couple pressed their lips together in either side of their daughter's cheeks. Their lips are smiling against their daughter's cheeks, as they stayed it there for quite a long time. Krystal who couldn't move tried to push her parents off of her, but no use.

 

Until they finally let go of their daughter, Krystal let out a huge sigh of relief, earning giggles from the two.

 

"From now on until the vacation ends, I and your father will be sleeping by your side, is that okay for you, Honey?"

 

"Chincha, Chincha, Chincha?!!!"

 

"Chincha, Chincha, Chincha." The couple replied, laughing. Then they squeeze their daughter together, earning her squeals and laughter as well.

 

But soon, Krystal got out of her parents embrace and hurriedly runs off. But she is being chase instead. The room is literally filled with more laughs and squeals, all coming from Krystal and Jessica.

 

Outside, Seohyun who is supposedly going to the master bedroom, decided to head to the next room, where she can hear happy laughter. She giggles and at the same time happy to hear Kwon-Jung's morning seems to be so good.

 

---

 

"It seems the public supports your leave, Ma'am." Seohyun speaks as as she stepped into the balcony next to the chairman, who was waiting for her. As soon as the music started, she began stretching, which Jessica is following.

 

"Yeah, it seems really a good decision. I feel so relax now that everything is being known to the public." Jessica softly replied. "Except for my daughter, of course."

 

"When are you planning to tell her as well as her real parents?" Asks Seohyun as she put her arms in the arm and bends her body over to the left. The chairman is doing the same.

 

"Later..."

 

"Later when?"

 

"Later after we talk to Donghae again."

 

Seohyun stood straight again and raised her brows to the chairman. "Is it going to be okay?"

 

"He was the one who revealed it. It should be okay. Now let's talk about my son. Did he call you last night?" Jessica picked up her glass of water from the table nearby to have few gulps while she waits for the younger.

 

"He did not. Did he call you, Ma'am?" Seohyun wonders. Last night, she almost did not sleep from waiting for her boyfriend's call. But it looks like, he only calls his mother, not even bothering her.

 

"He did. I thought he called you as well. But he only called to inform me that he isn't going home." Jessica informed in a calm tone. "He sounds like drunk on the phone by the way."

 

"Where did he sleep?" It immediately concerns Seohyun.

 

"In the office. He wants to go home but it was already too late. So he decided to stay in the company. Yah! Seohyun. Whatever is going on with you and my son? I don't think this is normal anymore. You guys better fix this up before it got worse."

 

"It's... It's just some misunderstanding, Ma'am. It's not really that serious. I will talk to him later, Don't worry." Seohyun reassuringly smiled. "Um, about his call, did he mentioned if he is sleeping or with the other employees?" But something has made her curious. She wanted to make sure he isn't alone in the midst of his situation.

 

"I think he was alone, because I don't hear any voices around when he called. Aigoo, if you he refuses to talk to you, don't be shy and ask me for help. You know how stubborn my son is."

 

Seohyun is flattered upon hearing the chairman is so supportive. "Thanks Chairman... " But she really thought it doesn't necessary anymore. "But... It's enough you know we're not okay. I appreciate it... But I can handle this, I promise."

 

"I know. I'm just telling you that you're not alone. You guys are not alone to keep this yourselves. You can share it to me whenever you want." Jessica smiled and gives her nurse a comforting hug.

 

Seohyun sighed as she returned the hug lightly, "Thanks, Ma'am."

 

Suddenly, they heard a sound of a car from the distance. They let go of each other as their heads turned, and watch as Yoong's car is pulling over in front of the mansion.

 

"You better talk to him later." Jessica whispers, earning an amused smile from the younger. "Otherwise, I'll be the one talking to him and find out what's going on."

 

---

 

Yoong lite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter