Invitation [Final]

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

30.2 | Invitation

 

***

 

"I only have one request... " Jessica said that gains the attention of everyone in the dining table. It was after the dining have fell into a complete silence. She smiled to each of them and takes the chance again to speak in front of her loved ones. "I know everyone is aware that some may stay and some may leave... and I'm one of them..."

 

"Aww Mom, don't talk like that." Yoong doesn't like what he heard. "We're celebrating my engagement and life, like you have said earlier in the lunch."

 

"I agree with you son." Yul second to his son, and everyone agrees with nods.

 

"No, I mean... let's face the truth. There's an if in this lifetime I am facing. And I want you guys to listen to me first, if ever things will change unexpectedly..." Jessica said as she insists to continue to say what's in her mind. When they got quiet, she took that as a cue to continue. "It's just a small request though... " She pause and observe everyone's faces. All of them are smiling genuinely towards her. Her daughter, Krystal is sweetly smiling however. It gives her confidence as she revealed her request. "When I'm gone... Don't cry. Instead... smile... Because that means... I have done something great in my life. That's all, and that's just if ever..." She smiled and Yul stands up to bring her into his embrace.

 

"That If won't ever happened." Yul whispered.

 

Jessica wanted to reply but she has no more time to response when her daughter comes to them and also hugs her from the side. Yoong also followed then Seohyun. All of them are giving her the warmest hug she could ever have. She smiled yet tears drops, overwhelmed by the amount of love she receives.

 

-

 

Yoong unconsciously recalled what happened from their dinner while driving the car anxiously, following the ambulance van that was taking his mother to the hospital. He can't deny it, it fear him that the words his mother have said will come true. It's like she knew what will happen next and she was already giving them signals about it.

 

The sirens snapped out of her thoughts and give him chills. He grit his teeth, clenched into the wheels and thought, 'N-No don't leave us yet. Not this time when I'm getting married . You are getting married with my father too. So please Omma, hang on there. Stay with us for morw years... Please...' or more like, he is begging for her to stay. Unconsciously, his tear drops from the corner of his eyes.

 

Yoong was about to scream when a soft touch on his shoulder made him change his mind. He slowly turned to the passenger seat and there, he was greeted by a warm and reassuring smile from his wife to be.

 

"I believe there is a reason for this. Let's stay strong, okay?" Seohyun said softly, giving her husband to be a deserving rub on his shoulder, comforting him. She reached for his tears and wipes them away. "But if this is for something what we are afraid of, let's not disappoint your mother and remember to smile..."

 

Sighing, Yoong grabs his fiance's hand and kissed the back of it. He was enlighten, as he smile back and nodded. "Thanks, Bunny." He felt lucky and there's always his fiancée to make him feel better again. Even though the future is uncertain. Without her by his side, he doesn't know what to do.

 

Seohyun smiled sweetly and leaned in to kiss her fiance's cheek. The latter did not warn her and peck on her lips, affectionately.

 

"After this, Let's talk about the marriage." Yoong softly says before he finally stick his attention​ back to the road, and eyeing the ambulance closely. Inside is not just his mother, his father and sister are also there together with the doctor and rescue team.

 

***

 

Slowly opening her eyes, Jessica couldn't somewhat describe what is happening. Her world, her visions, they're blur. Her chest, it's moving fast and she barely could breathe and move. But at the same time she could hear voices. She can recognize some of them, like from her doctor, her nurses, and then... Yul's cries. It automatically panics her.

 

'Yul... Baby... Why are you crying?' She wanted to voice it out loud but she can't. She can feel herself however, like she's being move while lying in a stretcher?

 

"Sica? Omo, Can you see me? Can you hear me? Don't ever give up. Everything will be alright soon. Hold on there... We'll see you later." came Yul's worried voice while caressing her face while he's crying in front of her eyes.

 

'Yul? What is happening? Why are you telling me that? Baby...' Before she knows it, the blur images slowly fading into gray and then... Black. She passed out.

 

***

 

The moment the door closes from the emergency room, Yul stopped from his tracks while his gazes are not leaving the door. 'We'll see you later... Jessica.' He thought, enduring the pain that is slowly killing him inside. It was so hard for him to accept what is going on, but he promised to be strong, and that's what he's doing.

 

Through the glass window he can see what's going on inside, but it was soon covered by a curtain. That was the time he wiped his tears away and slowly turned to face the others; Krystal that was running towards him, followed by Yoong, Seohyun and her family. He bends down and picked up his daughter in his arms, so he could wipe her tears away.

 

"Omma, will be alright, right Appa?" Krystal cried wanted to make sure her mother will be okay later.

 

"Of course. So now stop crying and let's pray Omma will soon be okay." Yul comforted, rubbing his daughter's back when he notice his little girl wouldn't stop crying too soon if he will just wipe her tears.

 

"Did Omma able to wake up on the way, Appa?" Asked Yoong without letting go of his fiancée’s hand.

 

"She opened her eyes but did not respond. That was a good sign, son." Yul reassuringly smiled to his son. He also did to Seohyun and his family.

 

"That's good to hear." Seohyun softly says, rubbing her fiance's hand through her thumb. "Let's calm down now and wait for your mother." she told him. Yoong smiled to her and nodded his head.

 

"When are they going to bring Omma out?" Krystal however is impatient.

 

"I don't know about that Krystal. But we'll be waiting until she will be in her ward, right?" Yul gently wipes the tears away from his daughter's cheeks.

 

Krystal nodded as she slowly calms down. Yoong guided his family to the waiting area while Seohyun and her family followed behind. All of them have still these worried expressions in their faces as they settle down in a bench.

 

"Everything will be alright, don't worry." However, Yul couldn't stop reassuring and comforting his daughter he keeps in her arms. He keeps rubbing her back as well, so the little girl will completely calm down. He can still feel her trembling body, but at the same time can feel she's trying her best to calm down.

 

Seohyun can't help and also shed tears, while watching Krystal clinging into her father. It's not new for her to see such situation, but since she's close to the person unlike the other cases, it's hard to see how much pain the little girl is experiencing. But despite that, she wanted to stay positive. 'I've never thought this would happen one day. I thought there's no possible she could be like that. But if things happen like this that means something is better to happen later. And I know, Mrs. Jung will be on that.' she slowly turned to watch the door from the emergency room and put her hand into her stomach. 'Besides, you're still going to see your grandchild, Mrs. Jung. I know you can make it by the time my child is born.'

 

Yoong on the other hand is having his own flashback. He was more than having his own world, as he recall everything about his mother. From his childhood until he graduated, even though there are sad moments, he realize how lucky he is to have his mother, being so supportive, caring, and loving mother. He felt a little regretful when it crosses to his mind about the five years he missed with her. But at the same time, he was thankful to have another chance and be with her - although through circumstances. But what's important is, he had able to tell and made her feel how much he loves her. How much he wanted to be with her for more months, years and until forever, if it's still possible.

 

Little did he know, he unconsciously teared up again, as his chest is getting heavier the more he recalls the events? He did not notice it until he felt someone wiped those tears away and Seohyun hugs him. "I know Omma doesn't want to see us crying, but it can't be avoided." He cried in his fiancee's shoulder, not letting the chance to go away and let out his emotions. "I know he's battling right now to survive but we can't even help her out there. I felt so helpless sitting right here only." And he continues to cry in his fiancee's shoulder. Not minding if his in-laws are now watching him. He believes if he let it out, he will feel better later. It's his way to accept the situation as well.

 

Yul glances to his son and sigh watching him. 'It's not only your daughter that needs you, Jessica... your son... He will surely need you more. You know how innocent he is still to be a father. So make sure you see us later. Otherwise, I have to be minding his childishness. It's enough when I raised him alone for five years. hehe' but can't help it and smile, as he thought about his son being an innocent father. Sure, he's marrying his girlfriend, but that doesn't deny the fact that their son is as innocent as their daughter.

 

***

 

After almost four hours of waiting, the emergency door opened and Jessica on a stretcher was being pushed by the nurses and doctors. Everyone was surprised as they automatically stands up and followed them, wherever they're taking her.

 

It turns out, she was put into an ICU, where it's going to be forbidden for them to have a close contact.

 

"What just happened earlier? Will she be alright from now on?" Yul hastily asked the doctor when the latter walked out the ICU room.

 

"Actually, we thought we will loss her earlier because her heartbeats dropped. It was fortunate and she was able to comeback. We will be now monitoring her for the next 24 hours. So we can prevent with what happened earlier."

 

"What exactly happened why she was lifeless earlier?" Seohyun couldn't understand well and decided to ask as well.

 

"She had a cough and had an infection around her lungs. The cancer cells have spread around when it happened, which was the reason it was hard for her to breathe and it affects the hearbeats." The Doctor explained. "But she's out of danger now.. I think for now. Since we can't guarantee in the next 24 hours. Like I said, we will be closely monitoring her condition."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter