Announcement

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17 | Announcement

 

:::

 

"Omma..."

 

The call from her son made Jessica just went to heaven for at least a good second. That was one of her biggest dream. It's for her son to finally call her the way he do back when he's still this kid. It certainly made her heart flatter, now that he's calling her this way. She so wanted to squeal out of happiness. But dang, a Jung is a Jung. She is always compose. "Hmm? Yoong?"

 

Looking back to his mother sitting next to him in the back seat, He was about to speak for his mind when he noticed his father glances to them in the back seat. He also reminds himself that Seohyun is in the passenger seat. But the girl is soundly sleeping. It's going to be safe if he says, "I love Joohyun, I hope you won't forbid me that... Or even her, for me." Or it's more like a request for the latter.

 

Jessica glances over the mentioned girl from the passenger seat. She looked back to her son with a confuse look. "What do you mean by that?" As she feels like he know something she doesn't know.

 

Yoong realized he hasn't mentioned what he learned. He is quite for a while, taking time on how to explain it. Until he's ready for it, he speaks again. "Um, It's one of the reason I planned to leave. But I'm not allowing you to do it from now on." He said it with a serious tone while intently gazing to his mother.

 

"What is this?" Jessica is feeling weird and having goose bumps.

 

"I won't let you stop Joohyun from feeling the same way with me." Yoong further stated.

 

With that statement she heard, Jessica made eye contact with Yul driving. The tan man is obviously not aware. But her mind says, it something have to do with her command for Seohyun's feelings that she has already change. As much as she wanted to clear about it, as she looked back to Yoong, the determination in his eyes made her shut . Instead, she feels like she wanted to see more of this side of her son. "Do whatever you want, I won't stop you either." She said and smiled.

 

Yoong looked outside and a small smile forming his lips.

 

"Yul, where are we going?" Jessica noticed the road the tan man is taking isn't the way to the mansion, and that curious her. 

 

"We haven't dine outside except in your garden. Why don't we go to an expensive dinner tonight?" Yul flashed his bright smile.

 

"Oh, that's a good idea. I missed going out like this." Jessica smiled inwardly. "What do you think, son?"

 

Yoong looked back to his mother. "If we'll order my favorite, it's gonna be so fine for me, Omma." He said excitedly.

 

"Tsk,tsk, shouldn't have spoiled you with steaks." Jessica ruffles her son's hair, but the latter put her hand away.

 

"Please refrain doing that. I'm already 27, not a kid anymore." Yoong cutely pout his lips.

 

"27 that act still a boy." Yul commented as he snickers. "Oh, I should say childish."

 

Yoong sent his father a glare. "I'm not a boy either. I'm a man now, Appa!" As he stubbornly denied. Well for him, he is only have a weak and soft side. The other side is tough and a fighter. Which he prefers to be. It's just unfortunate right now, because he's back in Korea. If he's in Chicago, he would probably in his tough side.

 

"Ugh, boys. Both of you are non sense!" Jessica giggles with their antics.

 

Yul and Yoong chuckled as they casually shrugs it together.

 

---

 

"Um... Ma'am... I don't think... you can have steaks too." Seohyun bit her lip and glance to Yoong and Mister Kwon as she said these words, asking for their help to ask the chairman to stop herself from ordering the steak. Unfortunately, she receives a blank stare and a kick from the blonde under the table. She looked back to the chairman with an awkward smile. The latter is mouthing 'it's okay'. "But just a little. I'm just making sure you will have a good sleep tonight. hehe." It's hard to act like she's not a nurse in front of them when these two guys already knew. But she couldn't careless. The chairman will fire her if she gets to know her family already knew.

 

"It's Omma's favorite too, Joohyun. She wouldn't like eating a different kind of food when we are eating them." Oblivious, Yoong speaks to convince the younger girl.

 

Seohyun shot Yoong a meaningful glare but the latter only smiled. 'Aigoo. I'm going insane.' She can only sigh, defeated.

 

Jessica never stops herself and did she ordered for four steaks and even a wine. It's a celebration after all. But for Seohyun who is concerned over the blonde's health, it's not a celebration. Seohyun mentally face-palmed throughout the entire waiting for their food, while the Kwon-Jung are excited for the meals.

 

"Let's make a toast." Yul suddenly raise his glass of wine after pouring everyone's glasses. All three of them raise their glasses, staring towards him anticipatingly. "This toast symbolizes a new beginning, a new chapter of our lives..." He began his speech as he held Jessica's hand gently under the table. "From this moment, cherry blossoms will start blooming. Every blossoms will be the color for our lives... And It will never stop - it will always bloom until forever."

 

"That's so pretty." Seohyun mutters, fluttering with the words Mister Kwon have let out.

 

"Appa is so flowery." Yoong commented with a small smile.

 

Jessica who also flutters couldn't come up with a word to say. Despite how affectionately the tan man is staring towards her. She just simply smile, but with a hint of gratefulness. 

 

As they made a toast in the air, everyone then drank their first gulps of the red wine. 

 

"I love red wine." Seohyun who is weak in alcohol blurted after having her few gulps. Everyone looked at her with an amuse smile. She shyly smiled back and took her spoon and fork, just the others are doing.

 

"By the way, Miss Seo." Jessica started a conversation, while she casually took a bite of her steak.

 

Seohyun casually look at the blonde while one brow is raising.

 

"You change your room. Don't use that one in the first floor anymore. There's an empty room next to Yoong. Just use it. So it wouldn't be hassle for you now to come to my room." Jessica announces, never fails to smile so friendly to her kind nurse.

 

"That's... " Yoong trailed off, couldn't believe what he heard. "... a wonderful idea." he chuckled. "I would love to help you transferring your stuffs, Joohyun." heck it gets him exctied as his mind syncs into the idea.

 

Seohyun is speechless while Yul is, "What about me, Sica?" pouting sadly. He wanted to transfer from guest room to Jessica's room already.

 

"I'll think about it first." Jessica said with a teasing meschivious smile towards the tan man.

 

"You're so bad." Yul mumbled and bitterly bite his steak.

 

"Appa should work first before transferring to Omma's room." Yoong teased his father, playfully. 

 

"You're not funny son." Yul muttered, earning giggles from his ex-wife.

 

Seohyun looked at Yoong and the latter is even brighter than he used to be. 'Heol. So this means, I can always see my Yoongry. I don't need to run from the first floor to the second floor just to see him.' In her thoughts while dreamily looking to the doe-eyed.

 

---

 

Jessica is finishing her remaining salad when her mind crosses over what have her son said earlier in the road. She looked at Seohyun across her, who was busy finishing her meals too, wondering if she can share it to her. Since the two guys have left for a comfort room, she can take the advantage.

 

"Nurse Seo, I think we were a bit careless. She softly started.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun creased her brows in puzzlement.

 

"Yoong, he sound like he knew about my command. You know crushing of feelings?"

 

Seohyun blinks for twice. "How did he know? Wait, he told you Ma'am?" 

 

"He didn't say it clearly but I sense it was becauss od that."

 

"How did he told you?"

 

Jessica cleared throat before she replied, "He told me he doesn't want me to forbid him about courting you and he won't let me fobidding you about this. Aigoo, I want to clear about it but I thought It's good to see. I mean, he really looks so determine with this stuff. I want to see how far he can go."

 

"Well, that's... That's nice then."

 

"You should play hard to get then." Jessica never hesitate of it.

 

"What? Why?" Seohyun frowned. Just when she's actually ready for some romance with Yoong, here comes another command.

 

"I want my son to know that if he likes something, he should take efforts. Don't let him see your feelings yet." Jessica explained, confident with her decision.

 

'Eh? I already kissed him last night.' Seohyun thought as she find it not making any sense anymore. "O-Okay, Ma'am. Um the idea is actually good too. So I can see how sincere he is to me." She sheepishly. Yet she somehow realized it's a good thing.

 

"Well, I think it will only take few weeks. I'm excited to watch how will he works more." Jessica giggles, showing her excitement.

 

Seohyun was about react when she suddenly noticed a scene, behind the blonde's shoulder. Her brows crease as she shifted her attention there. Jessica couldn't help and also turn her head to have a curious watch on what's going on. 

 

Apparently, it was Yoong, who had accidentally bumps to a girl, and the latter was holding a water and she poured it on Yoong's chest.

 

"No-No. It's okay Miss. I can handle this." Yoong is currently trying to stop thr girl from wiping his shirt off by trying to hold her hand away from his chest. But she noticed the girl's stomach has wet spots too, so he tried to wiped them off as well through a tissue paper.

 

"Oh." Jessica's lips formed into an O shape as she slowly returned to see her nurse's reaction.

 

Seohyun fake a smile to the blonde but dropped it immediately as she glared back to oblivious Yoong. Her normal speed in eating her salad fastens the more she can see the girl is blushing with how caring Yoong is to wiped off the wet spots, instead of her doing it to his shirt. She close her eyes and shake her head, in trying to ignore it. Unfortunately, when she open her eyes, Yoong and the girl went away. "Eh?" 

 

"Well, Yoong is just being gentleman." Jessica said, smiling in reassurance.

 

"Where are they going, Ma'am?" Seohyun got panic.

 

"I think comfort room. Ladies comfort room."

 

"That's not fair!" Seohyun abruptly get up and followed the two. She was right that they're heading to the comfort room. But before they could reach, they stopped. She also stopped and quickly her back. Afraid Yoong will catch her.

 

"It's really okay. Thank you so much." But to her surprised, it looks like Yoong declines to go with the girl. She widened her eyes and hastily rushed back to their table, before the latter will catch her.

 

"What happened?" Jessica wonders, because Seohyun is a bit breathless.

 

"N-Nothing, Ma'am. I change my mind. hehe."

 

"Are you sure?" Jessica squint her eyes. She's not convince.

 

Seohyun compose herself and showed thumbs up. Yoong is now coming back to their table, and so as Mister Kwon, behind him. She ignored their presence and finishes her salad. 

 

'She's back being weird, eh?' Jessica thought in amusement. 

 

"We should get going now. Yoong needs a new shirt." says Yul as they reached the table.

 

"Yeah, we've seen it." Jessica replied. "Are you finish, Miss Seo?" and asks the younger girl.

 

Seohyun nodded and grabs her shoulder bag in the side. But Yoong was quick from snatching it. "You're not a girl, Yoong!" She snatch it back.

 

"I was just kidding." Yoong chuckled, ruffling her hair a little.

 

Yul and Jessica just smile out of amusement as they shrugs and leads them out. Yoong casually took Seohyun's hand again, but surprisingly she ignores him. He once again reminded himself by the same events, he still couldn't figure why. She's still okay earlier, actually. But now she's- "Ugh, I can't understand her suddenly."

 

***

 

They're almost reaching the mansion when Seohyun suddenly receives a call from her mother.

 

[Lion, He's missing!]

 

"What? Why? How did it happened?" Seohyun exclaimed, totally shook by the bad news. Yoong who was next to her, almost immediately looke at her in concern. And her parents looked at them both at the back seat instantly.

 

[He was playing with Daeul earlier when he suddenly runs away. Your brother chases him but he can't catch him and he loses him. We've already ask a police to look for him but so far, nothing improving. Can you go home for tonight and look for him? He would probably appear if it's you looking for him, honey.]

 

Seohyun felt a little pang in her heart knowing her precious puppy is out there, probably doesn't have any home. "Araso. I'll excuse for tonight. I'll see you there Omma." So she really can't decline and wanted to move as well.

 

[Yes. Take care on the way, honey.]

 

With that, Seohyun ended the call and turned her attention to the passenger seat. "Ma'am? Can I excuse for tonight?" Asking the chairman right away.

 

"Why? What happened?" Yoong unconsciously beats his mother's words.

 

"Lion, he is missing Yoong." Seohyun replied with a sad tone.

 

"Who is Lion?" Yul and Jessica both asked in unison.

 

"Um, Lion is Joohyun's puppy, Appa, Omma." Yoong informed.

 

"He looks like a Lion that's why I named him like that. But now, he is missing. My Omma ask me to come home to help them search for him." Seohyun explained.

 

"Hmm, no need to excuse. Why don't we look for it together?" Jessica suggested.

 

"Are you sure about that, Sica? You look tired already."

 

"Mister Kwon is right. It's going to tire you more, Ma'am." Seohyun agreed right away with the tan man's idea.

 

"But it's gonna be fun." Yoong however likes his mother's suggestions.

 

"Yoong is right." The blonde did not miss a beat and agreed with her son. "Besides, It's not too late yet. We have plenty of hours to look for your puppy, Miss Seo."

 

"But--" Yul and Seohyun both said the same words and both are beinf ignored by the blonde.

 

"I don't think looking for a puppy is a bad idea. It's going to be an exercise instead." Jessica firmly said.

 

"Omma is so right." Yoong grinned so wide, excited to look for the puppy besidss he's also concern for the lost puppy.

 

Yul and Seohyun could only look at each other in defeat.

 

---

 

"Lion-ah! Where are you?!" Shouted Seohyun while looking around in the neighborhood. 

 

"Lion-ah! It's Kwon Yoong! Come out here now!" Yoong who was holding Seohyun's hand shouted as well. They're hand in hand, walking in the side, ahead of his parents. Whilst, Seohyun's parents are ahead of them, shouting thr puppy's name continuously, just like them.

 

Yul and Jessica who just looked at the photo of the said puppy is also searching quietly together as well. It's almost seven when they reach Seohyun's neighborhood, it's already dark and cold. Yul have to give his jacket for the blonde to keep her warm while they search.

 

"Liooooon!!!" And more shouts can be heard as they're reaching the park. All of them are hoping the puppy can still be found at this time of thr night.

 

"Lion, please where are you? Seohyun Noona is so worried." Seohyun can't help it and teared up a little as they look around continuously, this time in the park. Where it's almost empty. With fee kids only playing there.

 

"Have you guys seen this puppy?" Yoong crouch down in front of a kid and showed the photo of Lion. The kid shook his head. He was about to ask the others when it's his parents do it for him rather. He stood up and turned to Seohyun, whose face is so sad. He had never seen her this sad, which also makes him sad. "We'll find him soon, don't worry." He smiled reassuringly.

 

"Thank you, young master for helping us." Mrs. Seo said as she bowed. Her husband also did the same.

 

"It's nothing Mister and Mrs. Seo." Yoong awkwardly smile.

 

"Daeul said he is playing with Lion in this park right?" asked Yul after they asks the other kids. Seohyun and the rest's attention shifted to him. "Then that means, he's just around this park. Let's spread around instead of staying in one team." he continued.

 

"I'll go with Joohyun." Yoong instantly announced, taking the mentioned girl's hand. Seohyun smiled only, not knowing what to say.

 

"Of course." Yul smiled in amusement, taking Jessica's hand on the other hand. Mister and Mrs. Seo doesn't need to announce as they've been holding hands. And with that, they left in separate ways.

 

As they keep on looking and shouting the name of the puppy, Yoong never let go of Seohyun's hand. This gives Seohyun an assurance that they're going to find the puppy no matter what.

 

They keep on looking for the next 30 minutes. Until then notice, they're now reaching a certain bus stop.

 

"Do you... Remember when I first meet Lion?" It reminds of the doe-eyed boy's first time seeing the cute little puppy.

 

"Yeah, we're just nearby the bus stop." Seohyun replied. "Why?" Creasing her brows in the process.

 

"He's maybe in bus stop." Without warning, Yoong drags Seohyun to the said place. The latter almost loses her balance if she did not held on him tightly.

 

Unfortunately, when they reached it, it's empty.

 

"Yoong, he doesn't always go here.  I and him always go to the park, walking in the neighborhood and the river park."

 

Yoong's eyes widened when he heard the last place. "River Park? Have you ever mention that to us?"

 

Seohyun thought for a moment. But the moment it hits her, her eyes also widened. "He must be in that place."

 

Suddenly, a ringing sound was heard. Yoong who knew the ring tone too well pulled out his device from his pocket right away. "Appa?" And answers it.

 

[Where are you guys? I think we've found Lion already!]

 

"We're in a bus stop. Wait, where?" He exclaimed looking to Seohyun's eyes.

 

[River Park. But we have some problem.]

 

Yoong's world almost stop upon hearing the 'problem' her father is talking about.

 

--

 

Just about 10 minutes of run, he and Seohyun arrived in the river park, immediately meeting with his parents and Seohyun's. All of them has this worried expressions. 

 

As they walk passes them, they widened their eyes together when they confirmed, Lion is indeed in the water, on top of a certain plastic square box, crying for help while trying to stay lonfer. He's in the middle of a very deep river.

 

"How did he got there?" Seohyun ask in concern and also wondering.

 

"We have ask for the rescuer already. But they're a bit late." Jessica told her son.

 

"I wanted to swim and rescue him but it will be dangerous, he doesn't know me and would move around. He might fall." Yul explained his part.

 

Yoong did not say a word as he surprise them by going to the river and dive there after pulling off his shirt.

 

"Omo, Yoong! No!" Seohyun gasps which also do with her parents.

 

"Yoong! Be careful!" Jessica and Yul exclaimed on the other hand.

 

Yoong swims closer and closer to the little puppy despite the coldness of the water. He ignores it and got enough closer within just few minutes. But as he tried to reach for Lion, the latter moves back and his right foot at the back slipped, causing for him to lose his balance and he falls to the water. Yoong instincticely dives, just on time. He caught him by his lower body and raise him back to the floating box. The puppy keeps on coughing the water he drank. Yoong keeps on rubbing his back easing him.

 

As soon as he is breathing normally back, he sighed in relief. "Stay still. We'll get you out of here." he keep his one hand holding him in place while he raise his other free hand, forming a fist in the air.

 

Seohyun with her and Yoong's parents let out a huge sigh of relief.

 

"Come out here, Now!" Jessica shouted in concern that her son will catch a cold.

 

"Please be careful with Lion!" Seohyun yelled as well while clasping her hands together.

 

"No problem!" Yoong shouted back while he carefully swims with one arm and the other is protecting the puppy. Lion is still crying, while trembling because of the cold water and so as the wind brushing his entire body. Yoong made sure his one arm is warming him next to him.

 

As soon as Yoong brought the puppy out of the water, he took his father's hands and pulled himself off of the water. 

 

Jessica almost instantly bring her jacket she's wearing around her son's shoulders. She did not waste her time and also bring him into hid embrace, although he is taller. Yul came up also, rubbing his son's back in comfort.

 

"I am fine Omma. Lion is sure not." Yoong can't help but flatter as he hugs his mother back. He side-eyed the puppy that was in Seohyun's arms now. A big satisfied smile brought into his face, as he watches how Seohyun looks like. She's crying which he can totaly see the love for the puppy. It just brought a warm feeling inside of him.

 

Seohyun is indeed shedding joy of tears but she still can sense the stares from a certain doe-eyed. She turned her head and smiled back as she whispers, "Thanks, Yoongry."

 

"Always." Yoong whispered back. 

 

 

***

 

"Acho!"

 

Jessica rolled her eyes upon hearing her son's sneeze again for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter