Hug

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07 | Hug

 

:::

 

Soaked by the rain, Yoong was glad to finally find a place to stay in. Despite the heavy weight of someone behind him, he's currently carrying and his backpack in his chest, he doesn't mind as long as they got a place to stay for the night. 

 

"Any available rooms?" He asked the front desk of  small motel, with his trembling voice due to the cold weather.

 

The front desk girl gives him a sly smile as she checks on their computer. "Room 20." Once she saw one, she took the key and handed it. "You're not going to take advantage of your girlfriend, do you?" she teases, but only earns nothing except for mumbles by the girl behind his back, whose face only be seen a little, since a jacket is covering her. "Have a nice and hot night, Mister!" She yelled as soon as the guy left.

 

Yoong took the key only using his mouth and made his way upstairs in difficulties but he successfully made it to the second floor. It's only two story motel, so stairs are only available. While he's look for the room, the girl behind his back keeps on mumbling random stuffs like medical names he isn't aware of. "Aish, shut up." He scolded while trying to keep his arms around the latter's thighs.

 

He had a sigh of relief as soon as she spotted the room. It was the last room, he should have known. But he has a little problem. How will he use the key? It seems he has to stick it to that door knob. It's not a modern room, he just mentally realized it.

 

He has no more time to think. He needs to put this drunk girl behind him, down to the floor. So he tried -- until one unfamiliar voice came up to him.

 

"Need help, Mister?" He had a huge sigh of relief again when it turns out to be a help.

 

"Yes, please?" He tried to say in between the key that was sticking out from his mouth. The kind guy took the key and opened the door for them. "Kamshamnida." He bowed in gratefulness as soon as the door was opened.

 

"I'll just put the key here." The guy said as he walked in and place the key on the coffee table found inside.

 

Yoong thanked again as the latter casually left them. He then approached the bed and his body, as slowly, he lowered the girl in his back to a sitting position. He carefully released his hands under her and before she could lie her down, he put aside his backpack, turned and put one arm around her waist, the her hand is behind her neck, slowly putting her down to the mattress. But he got out of balance and he almost crushed hard his upper on her. Thus, the situation gives him shivers, as he finds his face inches apart from her - that he can feel her hot breath, brushing against his face. And there was this beat of his heart again and cheeks slowly turned a bright red. In that moment also, he finds himself freeze and mesmerized by the close look over the girl's beauty. Despite that red face of hers, because of the alcohol, it came so adorable for him.

 

Unconsciously, he raised his hand brushes the little hair strands in the side of her face and tuck it behind her ear. Biting his lower lip, he can't help himself and smile. "You drunk silly girl. I didn't know... You are pretty...this up close." Came his whisper, as he caressed her cheeks with his thumb. He must be drunk as well that he is doing this to her. But must be a good kind of drunk. He stayed like that, just admiring the sleeping beauty.

 

But the moment was cut short as he startle to hear a sound ringing under his pocket. Rolled out of her and groggily pulled his device out of his pocket. Much to his distress, it's the witch. He sat up and looked down to the sleeping girl, couldn't believe she wasn't even disturbed by the loud ringing.

 

Thinking it must be because they're not yet home, he decided to press the answer button. "Hello?" As he stood up and sits down the couch.

 

[Yoong? Oh, Thank God you answered right away.]

 

"We'll be going home tomorrow." He said before his mother can continue her words. "The rain is so hard and won't calm down until tomorrow. At least that was I heard."

 

[Y-Yeah... About that. Where are you and Miss Seo are staying? Everything is okay, right? Please stay safe-]

 

"Joohyun is drunk. We have to stay in a safe motel to have a better place to stay in. Stop worrying." He said in a monotone, interrupting her words. He doesn't want to hear what's next along those words.

 

[I'm just making sure you are okay.] Came Jessica's low and concern voice.

 

"I am." Yoong ended the call that instant. He hissed and throws his phone on the coffee table and turned his head behind, to where he can see Seohyun lying on the bed. "Aigoo..." Feeling that cold again in his body, he thought of showering. He stood up and left to the shower room.

 

Just approximately 35 minutes later, he went out in a bathrobe. His attention immediately went to Seohyun, who was still sleeping. But he noticed this time, she's hugging herself, obviously cold.

 

"Aish, why is there heater not too hot?" He approached the bed and take a seat in the edge of it. "Damn, it's wet." He mentally scolded himself for not thinking wise, as the bed is wet from the younger girl's clothes. "Yah! Joohyun! Wake up! You need to shower!" He shake her arm in order to wake her up. "You can't catch a cold, silly girl!"

 

"Hmm, don't disturb me please..." Came Seohyun's mumble as she turned to the other side.

 

"Are you cold or not? Look, the bed is wet. You-"

 

"Shut Up please..." Seohyun continue to mumble while hugging herself close with the jacket Yoong provided for her.

 

Yoong groaned as he had enough. He stood up and take a seat at the opposite side of the bed, to where the younger girl is facing. Bracing himself, he flick her forehead so hard, causing for her to open her eyes forcefully, while rubbing that sore part of her forehead. 

 

"Yah! Who the hell are you?" Seohyun mindlessly yelled out of anger.

 

"I don't want to talk to a drunk girl. But I don't want you to catch a cold." Yoong explained as he took her hand and pulled her up as he stood up. "Get up there and shower! Before I could flick your head more!" He threatened seriously.

 

Seohyum involuntarily got up and let herself being dragged to bathroom. There, Yoong opened the shower and once again flick her head in attempt of waking her up more.

 

The water hitting Seohyun's head and her entire shook her and completely wake her soul up.

 

Yoong chuckled in satisfaction and left the shower room - not missing to lock it, in case Seohyun wouldn't mind locking the door. He then picked up the telephone from the night stand and called the front desk about the wet sheets. "Thank you." Satisfied that they will change it, he ended the call and casually grabs his bag from the floor and flopped himself to the couch. It wasn't long enough and it was his turn to fell asleep.

 

Another 30 minutes that past, Seohyun exited the shower room quite sober now. The amount of food she throws up after showering was enough for her to have herself back to reality. And did she realized she's now in a place where she did not expect. It's like a hotel room? But the small space seems doesn't looked like. Plus, the heater isn't that hot for her.

 

Making her way to the window, she parted the curtains and finds out it was raining hard outside. "So..." Slowly, she's figuring why are they in the place and she's freaking cold and wet. They couldn't go home because of the rain and Yoong brought him in a motel(?)

 

"Ugh. I'm hungry." She groaned once she felt that stomach of hers. She casually walked to the couch where Yoong is loudly snoring from his sleep. She let out a giggle as soon as she had a view of him, hugging his backpack. "Hehe, look who's like a baby and snoring so loud, hugging his own life with the backpack? So cute." She was about to pinch his cheeks when suddenly, her stomach growls again. Her mind change that instant. "Architect Kwon Yoong!" She took a seat next to him, shaking his arm. "Wake up! Aren't you hungry yet? I'm hungry! We haven't dinner If I'm not mistaken." She had no idea what happened during her drunk state. All that she know is her stomach is asking for food.

 

"Wake up please!!!" She shook her hard, couldn't able to endure her hungry stomach. She needed to eat so she can replace the food she threw up earlier. "Let's go grab dinner!!!" She whined, like a child asking for merry go round.

 

Yoong rubs his head as he frustratingly groan, slowly waking up. "Why can't you sleep again?" His eyes are half close though, while he's trying to go back to his consciousness.

 

"My stomach is asking for food, Yoong. How can I sleep again?" Seohyun pouted sadly while rubbing her stomach.

 

"Just call the front desk and order some food." Yoong buried his face to his black backpack and cuddle with it, trying to go back to his sleep again.

 

Seohyun somehow got realization. "Oh yeah. We're in a motel after all." She got up and was about to go to the night stand when she heard a knocking in the door. 

 

"Room Service."

 

"That, tell them to bring food here." Yoong mumbles.

 

Ignoring the doe-eyed, Seohyun casually went to the door. She opens it and two girls stood in the door, wearing a uniform. "Oh, for what is this?" She asks, since she can't ask the doe-eyed anymore.

 

"The bed sheets are wet. We were ask to replace it." One of the room service girls informed.

 

"Oh. That. Please come in." Seohyun made a way for the two girls right away. As they entered the room, she followed and asks, "Can I ask if I order food? Ramen would do."

 

"Two Ramens!" Yoong raised her hand and showed two fingers.

 

"Eesh, I thought he's not hungry." Seohyun mumbles as she looked at his two fingers then back to the two girls. "Two ramens then." Flashing a big smile in that very moment.

 

"O-okay." Was all that the taller girl can say before they started replacing the bed sheets.

 

-

 

Quite atmosphere can be heard in room 20 as two occupants of the said room are both enjoying the ramen all by their selves. Both needed to heat from it so their stomach and body warms up. Only the sound from every sip of the noddles and soup can be heard around. 

 

Afterwhich seemed like forever, there's another source of the noise - Seohyun's phone ringing somewhere. And the younger girl have to put her bowl of ramen down as she look for it. 

 

"It's in my backpack." Yoong informed, between his munch.

 

Seohyun hurriedly opened it, since it's just next to her, while Yoong is across her. As soon as she got it, she pause once she saw whose caller ID is flashing on the screen of her phone. "Oh God, I almost forgot." She did not explain it to the doe-eyed as she left and entered the shower room. Yoong just shrugged and returned his attention to his ramen.

 

"Ma'am Jessica I'm-"

 

[WHAT THE HELL!!! I HAVE BEEN CALLING!!! BAST*RD!!!]

 

Seohyun literally leaned away from her phone, afraid her eardrums will explode. Sure, the other person on the line is mad. She felt intimated. However, she still has to answer no matter what.

 

Placing back the phone against her ear, she didn't say anything and listen if the next line is still shouting. She was relieved when she couldn't hear it anymore. But she can hear breathing, so she's still there. "Um... I'm sorry. I'm really so sorry, Ma'am. I-I... got carried away by the alcohol and, yeah... I think I was drunk, because I couldn't remember anything except for, we had our lunch together... and that's it, now, we're here... stranded. And I think we're coming back tomorrow... I...I hope you take your meds on time? You know it's bad to delay it, Ma'am." She worriedly finished.

 

A loud exhale can be heard from the next line. [I did. Taeyeon came by to see me and to... help me with your dongseng. But my concern right now is my son. How is he? Can you report what happened there, now?]

 

"Oh, before anything else... can I ask about my dongseng as well?"

 

[You report about my son, first!] Jessica strongly disapproves.

 

Sighing in defeat, Seohyun complied. "Well, he's doing alright. Um, We had our lunch together in a small restaurant, while we wait for the vehicle. Speaking of that, it seems it never arrived? Hehe."

 

[Tell me more.]

 

"As what he had told you, we visited the site. I was tasked to take photos and... " Seohyun trailed off when she recalled the 'chasing game' earlier which seems to be not a good idea to share to the blonde. "Yeah, after that, we went to the town. We found out that the people here are seems to be mad with you Ma'am, because they are glaring to the young master. All of them, technically."

 

[I should have known. Nothing bad happened, right?]

 

"Yup. We're both in good shape. Nothing to worry, actually."

 

[But you got drunk? How irresponsible is that, nurse Seo? Instead of you looking after my son, it was him looking after you.]

 

Seohyun mentally scolded herself. She seriously got no control about alcohol, eh? She felt like bumping her head to the wall a lot of times until her bad habits with alcohol will leave her body. But what is done is done. "I really am sorry Ma'am. I never thought this would happen. I promise, this won't happen anymore. No more alcohol from now on." 

 

[I will cut one thousand dollars from your salary because of this.]

 

"What?! Ugh, come on~" She groaned, helplessly.

 

[Do your job well! Otherwise, you really can't get your salary after this month! By the way, don't you dare let my son sleep in the couch. I'm going to cut another dollar from your salary if you let him! Understood?]

 

"Yes, Ma'am." She uttered, almost like she has no life anymore. And with that, the next line hang up on behalf of her. She rested her head against the wall and made few little bumps before she suddenly wailed.

 

"Hey, is there something wrong?" Yoong outside the shower room knocks on the door, checking if the younger girl is doing alright.

 

She composed herself back and fixed her hair. Taking a deep breath and exhaled, she put on a big smile, staring to her reflection in the mirror. "This isn't just about being a nurse anymore, so... patience is a virtue. Okay? Fighting!"

 

"What? Are you drunk again?" Yoong chuckled. He couldn't hear it clearly but he find it funny she's talking to herself. 

 

Seohyun widened her eyes a little as she covered , realizing she just blurted her real job. She then composed herself again and decided to finally opened the door. "Just your mother, asking about our safety."

 

"Oh, she's annoying." Yoong mutters as he ushered the younger girl to come back to the couch.

 

"She's just concerned, Yoong. Wae? Aren't you going to call and tell her you're okay?"

 

Yoong shot Seohyun an intense glare as the girl took her seat back.

 

"Hehe, I just thought it would be better idea so she will stop calling us. You are annoyed, aren't you?"

 

"Just shut up there and finish your meal." Yoong shrugs and took his bowl again of ramen.

 

Sigh. Seohyun have expected it. He will never talk about his mother. "Tell me, what really happened and you are calling her witch?" But and mind couldn't shut up. "I mean, I heard you, right? I'm just wondering and..."

 

"So you did not actually remember a thing while you are still tipsy?" Yoong cut Seohyun to a more interesting stuff to talk. As much as he wanted to explain about it, he's not yet ready to open up. And there's more interesting stuff to talk about other than that.

 

"What... Did I say?" Came Seohyun's question. Her face is totally blank.

 

Yoong chuckled in amusement. "You were talking about mom being sick and you are her PDN. Private Duty Nurse for 24/7?" His eyes squint as soon as he shared it. Seohyun's expressions are shock, which made him shivers. "Wae? Did I say something wrong? That was the lie you told me earlier-"

 

"I just did not blurted that, Did I?" Seohyun is feeling anxious. She bit her lip and, 'Otoke, Otoke, what shall I do?' she is apparently confused.

 

"I heard it clearly, Joohyun. You said those words while even touching my face. As if, you really mean those words. Tell me-"

 

"I DID?" The younger girl exclaimed, taken the doe-eyed boy aback.

 

Yoong chuckled again." You did, Joohyun. Now tell me if that was a lie or not?" Heck, he couldn't deny the fact that Seohyun is acting weird. As if, those information she told him aren't supposed to be share?  "You, that was just random right?" At did not help him more, seeing how troubled Seohyun's face are. His heart beats started to race unusually again, as he thought about the possibilities.

 

Seohyun couldn't come up with a good excuse and thought she couldn't avoid it anymore. Standing up, she approached Yoong's couch and took her seat next to him, eyes are intent towards the him, while she figured first on how to explain it. Yoong is just staring weirdly towards her, so she takes this chance. Until she know the words, she held both of his hands and speak, "Do you remember the first time I talked with you? I wasn't kidding about it. Your... Mom is really sick and she needs me 24/7, looking after her." She pause to find the right words to say and continue again. "Um, I know this so shocking and probably you won't believe me, but... Can you keep it? I mean, I don't think it's necessary for you to tell your mother that you know now, right?" 'Otherwise, I'm fired. It's just how many days again? But I'm here, telling him this big secret.'

 

Yoong actually doesn't know how to react. He avoided the girl's eyes and was trying to convince himself that she's just lying. But why is he actually suddenly thinking of this? He hated her with all of his life. If she's sick or not, it's not her problem anymore.

 

"Cancer of the bone marrow. That was her cancer." Seohyun added in a soft voice. "I'm sorry, but it's the truth. I hope you know now what's the really the main reason I called you out here. She needed you the most, Yoong. If only you know." She lowered her head low as she slowly let go of the latter's hands, guilt can be seen in her face. Yoong can actually fire her right now.

 

Yoong sighed. "Whether you are telling me the truth or not, I don't care honestly." As he bluntly said, looking back to the younger girl. 

 

Seohyun felt intimidated by the way Yoong is speaking. She slowly lifted up her head, meeting his emotionless eyes. "Yoong~"

 

"She doesn't care about Appa's decision of leaving the country that time... or taking back the divorce papers. You know, to save their marriage... So why would I care for her right now? Don't worry, I'm not telling her either. It's going to waste my time if I will do." He slyly smile, showing that he means what he says.

 

"Do you really hate her that much?" Seohyun got nothing to do with Yoong's issue with his mother, but as a person, she felt that he is not normal anymore to hate his mother for a long time like this.

 

"You don't know the entire story, so I don't think you have the right to look at me like that." Yoong coldly says before he got up and headed to the bed. He lied down and gives his back. He close his eyes to finally rest again. But he opened them again when he heard her voice.

 

"I'm not judging you. I'm just wondering. You know, it's the first time to meet someone like you. I hope you don't see it in a bad way... And I somehow understand you... Um, I hope also, you wouldn't change whatever you see from me. Because I'm afraid to lose a friend."

 

That sincere and very soft voice made Yoong close his eyes. His lips forming into a small smile. The 'friend' sounds good to his ears. At least, she made him smile with this. "I'm comfortable talking with you, being around you, do you know that? And we would be more comfortable if we share this bed. Let's forget about what happened tonight, shall we?"

 

Seohyun willingly approached the and climb on it, lying next to him while facing him. She smiled as their eyes meet, breaking that thick atmosphere earlier. 'I can't force him. Let's take this slow, Joohyun.'

 

Yoong smiled back and slowly closes his eyes. "Can you... Turn off the night lamps, I can't sleep with lights on."

 

"Sure." She never think of it twice and turned it off and comfortably lied next to him. Although she's in the bathrobe only, she felt comfortable with the heat she can feel under the covers. And of course, to know the doe-eyed is enjoying her company. She took one last glance to his face and closes her eyes. Unfortunately, she was reminded by the chairman's words, causing for her to open her eyes wide and blink twice. Should she leave the bed or not? 'You can't afford losing another dollars in your salary, Joohyun.' making up her mind, she carefully left the bed when she heard a voice.

 

"Where are you going? Don't leave the bed." 

 

"Um, but..."

 

"This is an order - no - a request from a friend."

 

"Yoong~" Seohyun whined helplessly.

 

Opening his eyes, Yoong pout his lips, and eyes are like a puppy begging, "Stay by my side, pweashe?" Hoping his aegyo is enough to lure the younger girl.

 

"Eesh, just when did you have aegyo?" Seohyun can't argue anymore as she went back under the covers.

 

"Is it effective?" A victorious smile appears in Yoong's face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter