Secret

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06 | Secret

 

:::

 

It took almost 2 minutes before Seohyun had to looked away and compose herself in her seat. Not knowing what to say or how will she explain her fear of heights. All that she can hear is her that  beat of hearts, and the thought how close she was earlier. But little did she know, she's still holding the doe-eyed boy's hand. She secretly glances, yet, he's not even moving. His expressions are unreadable additionally. 

 

'Aish, what have I done again? You are really so embarrassing, Seo Joohyun. I hate you now.' she scolded herself mentally.

 

Yoong, he's somewhat dumbfounded when their eyes are that close. But he unknowingly liked that. Especially when her eyes are like popping out of her socket. That was an adorable sight.

 

The two are quiet for the next 30 minutes -- until one of them noticed that their hands are comfortably holding into each other, 

 

"Never thought your hand could be this fit with mine." He softly says what he realized, looking down to gently rubs the back of the younger girl's hand, through her thumb.

 

Seohyun felt herself shivering, yet, it was something bearable and felt good. She gulped and couldn't pull her hand off unknowingly. "Y-Yoong-ssi..."

 

"By the way, don't call me with honorifics. It sounded like I'm so old."

 

She looked at him quizzically. "Yes?"

 

Titling his head, Yoong made eye-contact with the younger. "Yoong. Or Yoong Oppa would do."

 

"I..." She trailed off. "I can't. You-"

 

"I'm the son of your boss?" Yoong interrupted. "It's a bit embarrassing actually because I'm not used to it. In America, they don't call me like that. Just Yoong is fine... But since I'm here, Yoong Oppa would definitely suitable." a sly smile formed in his lips. "What do you think?"

 

Seohyun looked away. "Yoong would do." And smile on her own. She doesn't know what brought to the doe-eyed boy's mind and he's asking that, but it felt a little giddy inside.

 

"Eesh. Yoong Oppa sounded more good." Yoong insisted.

 

The sudden stubborn response made the younger girl looked at the boy next to her in disbelief. "Yoong~" but she also wanted to insist it.

 

"Yoong Oppa." 

 

"It's weird if there's an Oppa for me, So Yoong~"

 

"Yoong is so short. It should be Yoong Oppa."

 

"Then you call yourself Yoong Oppa." Seohyun gives in and let go of the latter's hand right away. She crossed her arms and sulk her lips.

 

Yoong chuckled in amusement. "How can I call myself like that? What am I, stupid?"

 

"Ugh, you're so silly."

 

"Yoong Oppa~" he elbows her teasingly.

 

"Fine! Yoong Oppa." Seohyun annoyedly says, yanking the latter's elbow.

 

"Good." A victorious and childish smile plastered Yoong's face. "Call me that from now on. Otherwise..."

 

"What?"

 

Leaning into the latter's face, "I'll eat you alive." He threatens, smirking momentarily. But that smirk of his disappears when he was recalled the events earlier. He eventually composed himself and made couple of blinks while looking outside the window. He certainly had no idea why he recalled that again. Something is suddenly weird.

 

'Weird.' Seohyun thought, as she noticed the face expressions the doe-eyed is creating. He's as if suddenly lost and was trying to go back to himself. She just shrug later and turned to her window in her side as well. However, it made her stomach sick again. Mindlessly, she moved closer to the doe-eyed and held his arm in both hands, forehead resting on his shoulder blade. "I'm sorry... but can I stay like this? I'm, I'm, r-really... afraid of heights." She explained before the doe-eyed can pushed her head away.

 

"Shouldn't have brought you." Yoong mutters, knocking the young girl's head. But he unconsciously smiled. 'Not that I could pushed you off of this chopper.'

 

Seohyun smiled on her own as she closes her eyes. At least, he did not say any mean things a little now.

 

 

***

 

 

Flashback...

 

A big smile plastered Yul's face when he once again take a look at the silver ring inside a velvet box.

 

'I can't wait to hear her say 'yes''

 

2 years of being buddies and 2 years of dating, Yul know she's the one he's gonna bring in front of the altar. Although they yet to graduate until next year from the same University, he wanted to make sure things will be set once they graduated. He's in love and she's in love with him, there's no doubt she will say yes. 

 

Pocketing it in his jacket, he close his locker and animatedly runs to his last class of the day. 

 

His love of his life is there, waiting for him already when he arrived.

 

"What took you long?" A small pout formed in his blonde's girlfriend after he kissed her cheek.

 

"Just got my other stuffs." He lied. "Did Professor Park already arrived?"

 

The blonde shook her head and rested her head on top of his shoulder and intertwined their hands on top of the desk. That sweet smile from her instantly brought tingling sensation in his stomach. They had been dating, but he would always feel that, every time she smiles. As if the world is a happy place just by seeing her smile. Yul sure is crazy in love with her.

 

"What's your plan later?" He asks, while he played back with her fingers.

 

"Home? I still have to finish my project in psychology. How about you, babe?"

 

Yul mentality noted his girlfriend's plan. "I'm planning to grab us dinner before we go home."

 

Jessica's head lifted, as she looked at her boyfriend with a surprise look. "You're planning for dinner date?"

 

"Yeah? That's if... You would like to, Babe." Yul charmingly smiled. He tuck the hair strands a little covering his girlfriend's face at the back of her ear. "You know, it's not all the time we have to focus on studies, right? To think, we haven't even went out for dates ever since your thesis started." Truth is, their courses are different, as he is taking up Architecture, whilst, his girlfriend is business management. So most of the time, they will only hang out if they have breaks. Good thing and they have the same minor subject.

 

"Hmm... That's actually a good idea. But Babe-"

 

"I'll help you with your project right after this. How about that?" Yul insisted. He can't delay his proposal no more. "Please? Just for tonight, Babe."

 

Jessica giggles at her boyfriend's persistent. If they're the only two in the classroom, she would definitely shower him with her kisses. But they're not. So instead, she pinched his nose so hard, earning a yelp from the latter. She chuckled and kiss the tip of his nose. "Fine. Let's go on a dinner date." She took his hand again and rested her head over his broad shoulder. She smiled in content as she felt his kiss on the crown of her head. She felt always so loved every time he shows his affection. Yul's love is like her energy too, she can't function on the class without receiving a kiss from him. No doubt, she got himself trapped by true love.

 

"Are you sure showered, Babe?"

 

Jessica snapped out of her trance upon hearing his voice back. "What do you mean?" She raised her brows in confusion.

 

"Your shampoo, why is it... Smelled bad?" Yul chuckled softly.

 

Jessica abruptly lifted her head up, "Yah!" As she slapped her boyfriend's arm. "You know I change my shampoo!"

 

"Yeah, I was just kidding. I sure should get used to it, No?"

 

"My previous shampoo will damage my hair, babe. You know I couldn't use it again. I'm sorry." Jessica pouted. She knew her boyfriend loved her lavender scent from her shampoo. But later she changed because the brand is changing their product, damaging a little part of her hair.

 

"Ugh, you're so silly. I can't risk your beautiful hair just for my favorite scent of yours. I'll get used to this, Okay?"

 

"Awww... Babe thank you." Jessica cupped her boyfriend's cheeks and from there, she shake his head.

 

Yul eventually pushed his girlfriend's hands away from him. "Stop it. You're dizzying me!"

 

Giggling, Jessica kissed her boyfriend's cheeks rather. "You're so cute."

 

"And adorable?"

 

"Both."

 

They both giggles as they rubs their noses together.

 

Their classmates around them are smiling in giddiness and some are jealous with Jessica. Who wouldn't? She has a campus crush and captain in basketball as her boyfriend.

 

Boys are envy of Yul as well, as the latter got a hot shot girlfriend. Cheerleader of their football club.

 

Everyone are sure so envy with how fit the couple are for each other.

 

-

 

"Roof top?"

 

Yul grinned and nodded to confirm, as soon as he punched the roof top button in the lift.

 

"Why roof top?" Came Jessica's puzzlement. "Is there a new restaurant up there?"

 

"We haven't gone into a roof top dinner date. So I thought of setting it up there." Yul explained with a charming smile.

 

"B-But I did not brought any blazer or jacket, Babe. It will be cold there." Jessica raised her concern. She's only in a black piece dress, thinking it will be inside a restaurant.

 

Yul patted his own chest. "What do you call about me? I can be your jacket any time."

 

"You're indeed in a suit, but I can't let you feel cold too, Babe. Shall we change the location?"

 

"You don't like it there?" A sad pout appeared in Yul's lips.

 

"Of course I do. It's just that..." Jessica trailed off as she felt bad that instant. Yul's face, although cute, she knows he is serious. "Fine. We'll have dinner date there." But she can't really afford disappointing him. To think, it's his idea. "I'm sorry for my silly concern." She takes her words back right away, and hugs him.

 

Yul smiled once again. "We will have a memorable night, don't worry." Giving him assurance with a kiss on her forehead. It brought the blonde to have a big smile in her face.

 

-

 

Unfortunately, when Yul wanted to dropped the question to his girlfriend, Jessica received a call from her father. And here he is, eating his meal, watching Jessica taking the call from nearby. Out from all dates he did with his girlfriend, none of it did not interrupted by her father. It was as if, he is the devil in their relationship, always interrupting their dates. But he sure needs to understand. His girlfriend is about to inherit their family business. He can't be selfish with Jessica, can he?

 

That steak of him is almost finish, when Jessica finally returned. 

 

"Oh, are you that hungry babe?" Jessica softly chuckles when she noticed her boyfriend's plate is almost finish. "Do you want to order one more?"

 

Yul sips on his red wine first before he replied, "What did your father called for?"

 

"It's for tomorrow's event. I have to attend." said the blonde, as she returned to her meal.

 

"Day or night?"

 

"Of course a night event. We have schools in the day." Jessica chuckled softly. "And you have to be there also." she smiled briefly to her boyfriend before she bite on her steak.

 

"What kid of event is that?"

 

"Welcoming the new investors to the company. You are my date for tomorrow night again." Jessica sweetly smiled.

 

Yul blinks three times. "W-Wow. So it's like another memorable night, Babe?"

 

"Absolutely."

 

Yul chuckled. "This is great. I could meet your relatives and family too. I'm quite excited." He never thought one dinner date would have another one. And it's not just only them. The thought about proposing tonight and then meeting her parents tomorrow is just so right in the place. They could reveal their engagement to the public tomorrow. He got excited imagining the scenario.

 

"I know right? Wait... What is it again?"

 

"Eh?" Yul snapped out of his thoughts but he got lost. He doesn't know if hi girlfriend told him something.

 

"Aren't you suppose to ask me something?"

 

"Oh..." Yul nervously chuckled. He put his hand on his lap, where the velvet box is apparently inside his pocket. "T-That... Um... I was just... Going to ask if.... What do you think about marriage?" He decided to delay for a while. So it wouldn't be too shocking for his girlfriend.

 

"Marriage? Is that a new topic for your research subject?" Jessica innocently asked. She reached for her glass of red wine a while waiting for him.

 

"Yeah, kind of. Let me hear your thoughts." Yul casually took his knife again and cut on his steak. He almost finished. Once it's finish, he's gonna dropped the question.

 

"Well, marriage is a ceremony that binds two people into forever. It's like a step for a happy ever after with someone you love. Just like you and me Babe."

 

"Really?"

 

"But marriage hasn't yet crosses my mind. I want to graduate first before we settle down."

 

Yul stopped with his meal upon hearing his girlfriend's words. He looked at her with a frown. "What... Do you mean?" The idea of proposing at the moment dropped that instant.

 

"Well, I'm sure of my self that I'm really marrying you. But... I want to do it after graduation. Or maybe, when we have our own jobs? That way, we can be sure of our future family. What do you think?"

 

Yul smiled, yet, a bit hesitant. "That's... That's... Honestly a nice idea." Hs thought Jessica has a point. Right now, they're just depending on their parents. Proposing to the blonde when he's already an architect sound great and cool. "Yeah, we really should get marry once we are both professional."

 

Jessica chuckled at her boyfriend's serious face. "But don't you think it's you that should proposed?"

 

"You are ruining the excitement mentioning about that." Yul chuckled as well, but nervously.

 

"Then take this a sign... That whenever you are proposing, I will already say yes." Jessica took Yul's hands and sweetly smiled to him. "A sweet yes." She added, quite feeling weird that she's telling him in advance. But she wanted to assure him - that she's going to be his wife in the future.

 

Yul smiled sweetly back. His disappointment about his delayed proposal was replace by flattering feelings. Who would have thought Jessica is telling this to him? He got more confidence now to propose for her. Not right now, but pretty soon. It's quite a pressure somehow on how will he do it, but he loved the challenge. It was hard for him to be her boyfriend, proposing should be a challenge too.

 

He pressed his lips against the back of her hand while staring dazedly towards his future wife. Whose eyes are lovingly staring towards him also.

 

End of flashback...

 

"Isn't that your silver ring you were supposed to give to your girlfriend back in College?"

 

Yul stirred up from her glass of whiskey upon hearing his father's voice. He nodded and chuckled, a bit drunk already. After he had a call with his son, he decided to go out and think of way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter