The Truth

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

18 | The Truth

 

***

 

A huge sigh of relief escaped a middle-aged man after he learned his ex-wife is now stable after she had a break down. But despite about this, he still couldn't make sure she's out of danger. Especially know that she isn't well yet.

 

"That liar, why can't he do that in a public?" Also, he blamed the cause of this. He gritting his teeth while clenching his fist, recalling what happened. Something that had him surprise as well. Unfortunately, he thinks Donghae is just telling lies. After the case had been filed, he's pretty sure that stupid is thinking of ways in how to beat the case.

 

Turning his head in the side, he is blank, seeing his son sitting next to him, spacing out. "Yoong, are you okay?" He automatically felt concerned. He moved closer to him and snapped a finger in front of his eyes.

 

"Yes?" Yoong abruptly turned to his father. "What is it Appa?"

 

"Aigoo..." He sighed. "You are spacing out. Penny of your thoughts?"

 

"Oh..." Yoong blink for a couple times before he returned facing the door of his mother's ward. He let out a sigh as well. "It's about Donghae... And that kid... That really looks like Omma. I don't know if... That's something to be concerned or not." Truth is, he doesn't know what to believe. Donghae and his words or his mother's later. It worries him a bit if Donghae is telling the truth. Because that means, his mother really cheated.

 

Yul put his hand on top of his son's shoulder. "There's nothing to be confuse or believe with his words. He is obviously just lying." He reassured him.

 

"But what if..."

 

"I believe your mother's words." Yul finished his son's sentence earning a frown from the latter. "I... Haven't mentioned. She told me about her down time and this includes the abortion." He can't help it and just reveal what he learned ever since.

 

"So they had a baby?" Yoong exclaimed.

 

"Sadly yes."

 

"And you're okay with that?" Yoong asked in disbelief.

 

"Wait... Yoong. Haven't I mentioned to you that you shouldn't be judging her base from the past from now on? Why do you sound like-"

 

"I'm just surprise." Yoong interrupted as he realized his tone. "I'm sorry. What I mean is, that was obviously a good evidence that Omma cheated."

 

"She was drugged and black mailed, isn't she? Shouldn't you be supporting your mother rather than judging her right away?"

 

Yoong scoffs. "I don't mean that way. It's just unbelievable how much you love her. That's what I am trying to say. Please don't judge me right away as well, Appa!" He abruptly stands up and left the bench with heavy steps.

 

Yul was about to follow when he changed his mind. He could only sigh, watching his son's back disappearing its sight. He needs to breathe after all. Otherwise, he will worsen his mood.

 

"Lee Donghae... Lee Donghae... I'm not going just sit here." He muttered to himself, gritting his teeth in the process. "You better be afraid now." Just then, the door from the ward opens. Seohyun walks out, giving him a warm smile that instant. He stood up and meets with her half way."How was she?"

 

"Doing fine. But... I'm afraid she will be here for the next couple of days, Mister Kwon. I can't explain this well so..." Seohyun pause as she opens the door. "Doctor Kim is waiting inside. She wanted to talk to you."

 

Yul glanced inside, only to meet Doctor Kim's gazes half way. He smiled and give Seohyun one last glance before he walk inside. Seohyun close the door for him consequently. She then look around, searching for the doe-eyed's presence. But much to her surprise, Yoong can't be seen around. She hastily walks to the information desk and ask her friend about the older one. "Unnie! Did you see Yoong around?" Knowing her boyfriend is quite known because of his mother, she directly ask Nurse Lee.

 

"Kwon Yoong?" Nurse Lee stirred from the monitor and put her attention to her friend. "Why are you asking me? Didn't you guys arrive together earlier?"

 

"Ugh. I was with Doctor Kim. You know that." Seohyun groaned."Did you see him or not?"

 

"What do I get If I tell you?" Nurse Lee grinned.

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes back. She just shrugged and pulled out her phone from her pocket. It rings right away, while she's heading to another hallway of the hospital. Unfortunately, as seconds passes, he isn't seem answering her phone call.

 

She's already outside the hospital when she tried to call her boyfriend again.

 

"Aish!" But much to her dismay, he's not really answering. He hastily type a message and send it to the latter.

 

To boyfie: Where are you? Pick up your phone!

 

Satisfied with her message, she decided to comeback to the ward.

 

Meanwhile, Yoong is apparently in the road, driving his car, but he doesn't know where to go. His mind is full of questions, in regards to his unknown half sister and that Donghae's motives for announcing it in front of employees, board and directors of the company. He couldn't seem to figure behind it. It's frustrating and definitely disturbing. And the fact that his mother keeps this from him pisses him off. Or simply, he is mad about it. For his existence, he never thought of having a sister. Let alone, a brother. It's a total mind blowing for him.

 

He is too into his thoughts that he did not notice the phone calls and the way he is now driving - full speed in a sunset.

 

Good thing and the road is not full of cars, or he would have crashed now. Unfortunately, he wasn't missed by a police mobile, who is now following him behind, trying to catch his attention through the sirens. But his world, his thoughts are more than occupied with stress, he wasn't responding to the police behind.

 

Moments later, he was snapped out of his thoughts when the police have bump his car against his own car, which caused for him to lose the control of his own driving.  

 

"Omo." He abruptly pressed the break when he saw his car is going straight to a tree. But too late, as his car crashes to the big tree, creating a crashing sound and causing for the air bag in the steering wheel to pop out and his head dives to it. Smoke coming from the hood is now slowly occupying the front side.

 

After couple of moments, Yoong gained his strength as he slowly pulled back, "Ugh." Groaning with the light pain in his neck. His visions are a bit blur for the next seconds. But sooner or later, he gained back his clear sight. He realizes the police outside, trying to gain his attention by punching on the glass window. He raised his hand and opened the door, allowing the police to help him get himself off of the seat belt. While he is doing it, his mind is once again clouded by the reason why he loses control over his speed. That brought him to a light chuckle. He can't believe that he is once again a mess, just because of one kid.

 

***

 

A lonely tear drops one particular's eyes, gazing to someone by the bed, sleeping like a princess for his eyes. It's been an hour since Taeyeon told him, yet, he's still here, denying the fact that Jessica will only be discharged once her condition comes back to normal.

 

"Get well soon baby." Came out his soft whisper while kissing the back of the blonde's hand. He let out a sigh, but with a smile. As he recalls the past events of them together.

 

Flashback...

 

Jessica jumps in surprise upon hearing a weird voice from behind. She held her chest and turned to see the culprit, Kwon Yul. Whose face is as goofy as his son."What are you doing?" She questioned.

 

Yul brought out something from his backpack first. "Tada!" And childishly revealed it to the blonde. It's her favorite blanket, Mickey mouse. "How do you like cuddling with me with this?" He grinned inwardly.

 

Jessica chuckled at the stuff she can see. "From all the gifts you want to give? And it wasn't even my birthday yet. Why are you doing this?"

 

Yul pout his lips briefly. "I thought you have already decided to change my room into yours?"

 

"Eh?" Jessica is baffled.

 

Yul sighs and put the blanket down to the table in their side. He took her hands gently with his and proceed. "Jessica Jung, I don't know if you are just playing hard to get or something but I swear... I swear to myself that I will love you forever. If only you could allow me now to do this. We'll be doing this together."

 

Jessica shivers and bit her lip. She feels like Yul is confessing again. No, he's like asking her for the first time. Although they're not in the school like the last time. "Yul..." She knows she's also obvious with her feelings. "What do... You expect for an answer?" So she smiled and gives him a hint. An obvious hint that one could tell she's stupid.

 

Yul's lips curved into a genuine smile. He took step forward and slowly brought his one hand to cup her cheek. Jessica close her eyes as she Lean into the touch. But much to her dismay, it went away right away. She opens her eyes only to see Yul grabbing the blanket. Before she knows it, the rain falls so hard from above. Yul is fast as he covered them with fhe blanket while facing each other with 3 inches left space. It leaves her breathless and she wasn't able to move.

 

"I didn't know we will use this here." Yul smiled warmly. They're just in the Jung Mansion's garden, not too romantic. But he likes the situation. Fortunately, he was caught at the moment. His eyes traveled from her eyes to her lips. Unconsciously, he parted his lips a little and titled his head to the right. He gazes intently to her expressive eyes for a second, asking for a permission. When he can also see she desires the same, he slowly captured her lips with his, as his eyes close to its own... Eliciting an exciting feeling to the both of them.

 

Yul's one hand sneaks at the back of the blonde as he pulled her close and deepen more the kiss that's slowly growing into passionate.

 

While the rain is nonstop outside, two souls under the blanket are also nonstop - showing how much they love each other.

 

-

 

"Yul."

 

The call from his ex-wife almost immediately made the called out man turn his head behind.

 

"Appa? Omma? We're home!" Upon hearing his son's voice, He swiftly took her hand and drags the woman to the nearest room he spotted. He lock themselves there, as if hiding from their son. He hush his ex-wife with a finger against her lips. Jessica's brows creased with confusions.

 

"I think they haven't gone home. Let's go get some snack, Joohyun."

 

Once the footsteps from both youngsters, Yul put his finger away from the blonde. But the latter automatically slapped his shoulder.

 

"What were you thinking?!"

 

He chuckled at her reaction. But he stops midway when he realized the place they're in.  He put his two hands over Jessica's shoulders and turns her around to see what had made him speechless.

 

"Oh." Jessica is also speechless. It's the guest room, but it's the kind of room she preserves as 'memories'. The room is like a photo gallery of her and her family. Of course, Yul and her, has a wedding photo that stands out from the rest. It was hanging at center of the wall. She shivers, reminiscing the past before her eyes. "I nearly forgot about this." She added, almost like a whisper.

 

Yul slowly approached one particular photo and picked it up gently. A genuine smile slowly creeps his face as he gazes back to the blonde. "Do you remember this, Jess?" It's a photo of him and her, on a sunset date.

 

"Of course." Jessica chuckled. Who wouldn't? It was an enjoyable and funny day for the both of them. Funny because Yul is so clumsy that time.

 

"I honestly didn't mention, I was late that time because I got a little diarrhea."

 

"Chincha?"

 

"My stomach ain't that good that's why I'm quite unlucky that time." Yul shyly revealed. "I gone home with a groggy face."

 

Jessica let out a soft laugh, which caused for Yul to look down in shame. He shouldn't have pick the photo first. Now, she doesn't know if he still can go on.

 

A few moments later, Jessica has calm down and he magically still can proceed.

 

-

 

Jessica is in the middle of finishing her work in the office when Yul walks inside without any knocking. She did not notice it until she heard footsteps, causing for her to stir away from the paper. She eventually smiled at him. "Still so early to go home, Yul."

 

"I know." Yul pulled a chair nearby and sat down, still wearing his grin in his face.

 

"What is this again?" Jessica knew too well.

 

"Hehe guess first." He took a box from his backpack and put it on the table.

 

"Don't you do your work, Yul? Why do you have gifts always?" Jessica chuckled. Couldn't believe it. Ever since they secretly started their relationship again, this tan man is giving her gifts always. Of course, she couldn't reject it. It's making her flutter after all.

 

Yul has this charming smile in his face when he says, "Because every day is a gift of life."

 

Jessica is flattered. Likewise, the tan man is rich with words. But it's definitely the truth. "Is this something to do with a figurine?" She guessed nonetheless.

 

"Figurine of what?" Yul smirked. He's ready to open the box.

 

"Angel?" Jessica never think of it twice. It's her favorite after all.

 

Yul snickered. "That's right." He opened it and took the figurine out of the box. He put it in front of her. "I just thought you haven't bought these days. I saw this yesterday and I thought of you, right away."

 

Jessica doesn't know how to react. She only stands up, approach the tan man and embrace him from behind. Yul kissed her cheeks out of a sudden. "Every day is a gift with you, baby." She whispers and kiss his cheek back. They both giggled to each other. Then she pulled Yul up and give him a proper hug.

 

"Let's go on a secret dinner date tonight." Yul whispered into Jessica's ear.

 

"Nope. Let's have family dinner tonight. Seohyun's parents are coming, aren't they?" Jessica reminded.

 

Yul could only groan. But he is defeated.

 

End of flashback...

 

After couple of seconds, blinking to gain her visions back, Jessica expectantly can see she's in a ward. She sighed when she confirms it, through the dextrose. The past events came rushing into her mind, she almost want to sit down in search for her family, if it wasn't for a hand, holding her down.

 

Her heart flutter watching Yul sleeping his head next to her hand. But her flutter was replaced with worry when she thought of her sickness. 'Do they know, now?' she ask herself. 'otoke...'

 

Her thoughts were snapped out when she heard s thud. She turned to the source of the sound, she realized it's a nurse. But not her personal nurse.

 

"Oh, you're awake." However, the nurse immediately walk out the ward when she saw her awake.

 

Yul who heard the little sound is slowly waking up. Jessica bit her lip, watching the tan man waking up. She did not move, just waiting for the moment he also catch her eyes from above.

 

"Hey." A warm smile forms in Yul's face as soon as he saw Jessica, staring down to him. He composed himself from his seat and, "How are you feeling now?"

 

"Fine." Jessica smiled back. "Where's Yoong?" But she just noticed the absence of her son.

 

"He is outside. Let me tell-"

 

"Wait." But she change her mind. "Don't call for him. Just... Stay." She held Yul's hand, preventing her from going.

 

Yul softened as he sat back. "Why?" But it never missed his observation.

 

"I'm not yet ready to face him after what happened." Jessica realized she must have hurt her own son about Donghae and their child.

 

"Okay." Yul nodded his head. "But tell me, it wasn't the truth, right?"

 

Jessica shook her head. "I know what I told you." As she confirmed about it. "Due to my depression, the baby was aborted."

 

"I knew it!" Yul exclaims. "That bastard is just lying!"

 

"I know, that's why I'm confuse why out of sudden.. Unless he has a reason." Jessica felt amazingly calm.

 

"I..." Yul just knock his head twice mentally. "I haven't mentioned. Um, about the case."

 

"Case? What case?"

 

Yul wanted to answer right away but his tongue stopped from doing so when a knock from the door was heard outside. He let go of Jessica's hands as he stands up and headed to the door. Doctor Kim is outside, which he immediately gives a way. The latter walks inside and approach Jessica casually.

 

"How do you feel, Jess?" Doctor Kim asked as he checks on her.

 

Jessica smiled warmly to her doctor. "I'm fine, Tae. Thanks for Nurse Seo, perhaps?"

 

"Yeah, she immediately did an aid on you before bringing you here." Doctor Kim informed, proud of her nurse. "You seriously need a full rest now. The company's situation right now is not going to help your health."

 

"What do you mean?" Jessica made a confuse look.

 

"Well your platelets dropped. You need to be confine for the next few days."

 

"About the company." Jessica corrected. She glanced to Yul but the latter only look at her. "Yul?" She demands for an explanation.

 

The tan man let out a sigh. "Investors are announcing their breaking off of the company. Apparently, your team is trying to stop it."

 

"Damn it!"

 

Doctor Kim instantly holds Jessica down when she abruptly tried to sit down. "You're not allowed to move until I know, Jess!"

 

Jessica wanted to reject her doctor but she couldn't move nor she couldn't disagree with her. "That bastard! I wanna kill her Tae!" So she ends up shouting out of frustrations.

 

"Jess, that's not gonna help you! Calm down! Let the others fix it for you!"

 

"Doctor Kim is right." Yul agreed, taking his ex-wife's hand.

 

Jessica groaned and sigh lifelessly. She really couldn't do anything about it, can she?

 

"Don't let that Donghae push us down, Yul. Promise me." She desperately told the tan man, holding the latter's hand tightly. She feared a little that it will be the start of another stress of her life. But at the same time, she doesn't want to see it. "Promise me, baby."

 

Yul warmly smiled as he nodded simply. He then leaned in and kisses her forehead affectionately. "We'll get this through." Whispers him at the same time.

 

Jessica closes her eyes in contentment. Her nerves are slowly calming down; each second Yul is staying his lips on top of his forehead. And before she knows it, she flatters and gently squeezes Yul's hand rather. "I know." She replied softy.

 

Taeyeon in the side is watching in joy. Last time she saw Jessica, she's sad and has no life. Now, she can smile like that. Thanks to Yul... And of course her son. Speaking of Yoong, she suddenly received a message from the emergency room. Her eyes widened when she reads the name of the patient, Kwon Yoong.

 

***

 

"What happened?" Taeyeon came running inside the emergency room after she excuse herself quietly from Jessica and Yul. She was met by two nurses cleaning Yoong's cut that was creating a lot of blood while the latter's neck has a supporter or a protective gear. "I'll take care of that." She said and the nurses give her a way, consequently she works on his wound.

 

Yoong who felt numb already is just watching lifelessly the way the Doctor is mending his wound over his hand. The wound came from the glasses when he punches the window after he stepped out of the car. It was when his mind got out of hand about the news. He hurt himself unconsciously. Thankfully and the police is fast from bringing him to the hospital.

 

Sighing, he stirred away from his wound and unconsciously averted it outside the emergency room, his heart skips a beat when he spotted Seohyun by the door, looking furious. She obviously doesn't like what she is watching. He bit his lip as he shamefully looks away from her using his eyes only. She must be so mad now with him.

 

Meanwhile, outside, Seohyun is apparently having a mix of emotions. One, she's concerned Yoong's cut, afraid it will also stress the chairman. Two, she is mad because he never tol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter