Decision

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19 | Decisions

 

***

 

Love is... When you accept every flaws and don’t mind the pain.

 

Yul is man who will do everything just to make his beloved happy. But sometimes, he forgot his own happiness. He sometimes forgot that his actions will be leading him from a heart break situation. Just like right now, he is comforting the little girl. Unfortunately, something is definitely weird; he can't think of pushing the girl off of him. He can't even think of hating her. Instead, he feels like a father. He feels like the girl is related to him and that he should take care of her instead of pushing or hurting her for hurting him unconsciously. It's so unfair for her, honestly.

 

After seemed like forever, the little girl in his arms, calmed down. He opened his eyes and slowly looked down to the latter. Krystal also looked up to him. He never missed and greeted her with a sweet and friendly smile, earning her smile too, despite the groggy face of hers.

 

"Do you want to grab some ice cream?" He asked when it crosses his mind.

 

Krystal felt her phone vibrating under her pocket. She decided to take it first and read the message that came from her father.

 

Appa: Appa will be a bit late. Go grab some snacks first, honey.

 

"Who is it?" Yul got curious.

 

Krystal looked up to the older. "Appa, Mister Kwon." And answers him. "He will be late and ask me to grab some appetizer first. Would you mind going with me, Mister Kwon?" She unconsciously offers the latter.

 

Yul also received a message and decided to take pause from the younger. Much to his dismay, the message came from his son, asking for his location. Slowly, he looks at the younger and the latter looked at him innocently. Should he just go now or not? It suddenly becomes a dilemma for him. But the thought about keeping the girl company for the meantime made him choose to stay. "Okay, where do you want to go to grab some appetizer?" He smiled, excitedly.

 

Krystal did not think of it twice. She stood up and took the man's hand, dragging him gently with her immediately.

 

Yul chuckled, as he finds himself being dragged by a little girl. He recalls, his son sometimes do this to him when he likes something. It's totally the same scenario. He couldn't help and flatter at the feeling of being like a father for this little girl.

 

Shortly, they arrived at a convenient store. Yul did not even blink as Krystal started roaming the place. She looks so excited to get a snack while him, just following wherever she goes.

 

"Mister Kwon, this." Krystal holds up the bag of potato chips as soon as she saw her favorite. Eyes are forming a crescent moon.

 

"No more? Only that?" Yul asked as he took the bag.

 

"I can look for more?" Krystal got hype when she heard the question from the older.

 

"Yup. It's all for my treat." Yul replied with a huge smile creeping his face.

 

"Chincha?" The little girl exclaimed as she clasps her hands together.

 

"Chincha." Yul nodded while chuckling.

 

Without hesitation, Krystal excitedly look around again. Yul instantly follows her, smiling like an idiot unconsciously. But as he continue following the girl, He realized Krystal and his son are so alike with the way they move naughtily. He feels like he is even with him, through this little girl. Perhaps, she's Yoong's girl version? 'That sounds so great.' by thinking about it, he can't help it and wish for that to be possible.

 

"Wow, are you going to cook something?" Yul however regretted to believe that the little girl have put a lot of stuffs inside their basket. He thought it will only be snacks, but she also put some vegetables, hot dogs, cereals, and more stuffs for real dinner and breakfast. As if she's on a grocery for her family.

 

"Nope. But this is the last time we are seeing each other Mister Kwon. So I'm being practical. Hehe." Krystal grinned so wide, proud of what she did.

 

"Practical or taking advantage?" Yul shakes his head in disbelief. The girl only stuck her tongue out playfully. "Aigoo, you look like Yoong so much." He ruffles her hair gently.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Nothing. I'll bring this to the counter, now." He took the basket and leads them to the cashier counter. Krystal tails behind, skipping like a bunny.

 

-

 

"I guess I have to go. Your father is here." Yul decided to give the plastic bags to the younger as he can see Donghae's car is approaching. He can't be seen.

 

"Chincha?" Krystal pouted sadly. She thought she can still talk with him. But turns out not.

 

Yul gently pats the girl's head. "Don't worry, this isn't the last time we're seeing each other. I'll make sure to hang out with you again if I have a time. Okay?"

 

"Okay, Mister Kwon." Krystal bowed.

 

A small smile of amusement draws Yul's face as he stands up. "I'll be going now." He said and left, not planning to hear the little girl's answer anymore. He got inside his car being parked in the side, before Donghae's car have arrived in front of his daughter.

 

"I'll see you back, Krystal. But with your mother. I promise." He said to himself before he drives off.

 

***

 

Seohyun almost choke on her food when she finally noticed her boyfriend is staring at her without even saying a word.

 

"Yah! What are you doing?" She literally slapped his shoulder.

 

"What's wrong, Nurse Seo?" Yoong asked back instead.

 

"You've been staring at me. I should ask that rather!" Seohyun retorted.

 

The doe-eyed chuckled softly. "So I thought it wasn't only me spacing out."

 

"Aigoo, Yoong. Just eat your food. I think you haven't touch it."

 

Yoong sighs in defeat. "I wonder where's, Appa?" As he casually took his chopsticks.

 

"Haven't he called?"

 

Yoong shook his head, sighing in the process. He looked down to his smarphone next to his plate and feel so empty to see no response.

 

"Well, your Appa must be busy with something important. Don't think it too much and trust him. Okay?"

 

"I just wish he is always doing okay. You know this is so rare, that he won't tell me what is he doing." Yoong muttered.

 

"I believe it's for the best." Seohyun remains positive, hoping she can influence her boyfriend.

 

Yoong shrugs his shoulders and finally started eating his lunch. Since his mother has a special lunch from the hospital, they decided to have it together in the cafeteria without her.

 

"By the way, your mother asks you to report what happened in the company earlier. She wanted to know what's the current status there."

 

"Chaos." Yoong simply replied.

 

"What do you mean?" Seohyun pause from her meal and paid attention to the older across her.

 

"A total of 60 investors out of 200 have pulled out already. Everyone there are trying to bring them back. But no use. Oh, I almost wanted to give up when an inventor shouts on me on the phone. Glad I was able to handle her and she changed her mind." Yoong explained with a sad tone.

 

"We can no longer stop this from happening, can we?" Seohyun weakly asks.

 

"We can't. Unless, some investors will wait and stay until the issue dies."

 

"I hope it dies fast, then."

 

"That's not easy to happen, Seobunny. Donghae is such a big influence in the business world. He can destroy one company that instant if he wants." Yoong sighed heavily, glancing over his phone unconsciously in checking for any message. Sadly, there's none.

 

Seohyun lifelessly dropped her shoulders, feeling helpless for the current problem. "I don't know if I can help about business, but I only can help through... Helping the chairman from getting better." Heck, she's sure she can help Yoong with his mother, since she's a nurse.

 

Yoong smiled faintly. "Right. You can help me with that. I think it's only her that can save the company."

 

"And you need to help yourself as well." Seohyun meaningfully says.

 

"Huh?"

 

She knocks his head without warning. "You have to help yourself in controlling your emotions. No, not just about that. Your mentality as well. Think before doing something you will just, Yoong. Otherwise, you will only regret it in the end."

 

Yoong ignored Seohyun's lecture as he put his attention to the food instead.

 

"I can't believe you." Seohyun scoffs in disbelief. Yet, Yoong only snickers. She got more reason to knock his head. But just then, she heard her phone beeps under her pocket. She hastily took it and check the message. "Oh, your Appa."

 

The mention of his father made Yoong stopped from eating. He took her device right away and check the message.

 

Mister Kwon: Be there later :)

 

He was about to send him a reply when the screen flashed his father's caller ID. He answered it instantly. "Appa! Where are you? What are you doing? Why did you missed both breakfast and lunch with us?" He can't help it an bomb him with questions.

 

[Yoong?]

 

"Who else?" Yoong rolled his eyes.

 

[I'll tell you later.]

 

He couldn't able to respond anymore when the call ended. "Aish!" He hissed out of annoyance.

 

"What did he say?" Seohyun took her phone and concerned at the same time.

 

"He will just tell me later. I can't really tell who am I talking now." Yoong abruptly get up and just walk away without a word.

 

Seohyun sighs, watching her boyfriend. "I just told him to control his emotions. What did he just did? Aigoo..." But suddenly, her phone rings this time. "Mister Kwon?" She answered, wondering why he called again.

 

[I'm in a cafe outside. Can we talk about something?]

 

"What...is it about?"

 

[I'll tell you once you are here. I'll be waiting.] The call ended just like that.

 

Seohyun was left dumbfounded.

 

***

 

After a while of looking around inside the café, Seohyun spotted Mister to a table in the second floor of the café. He's sitting in the corner, lost in his thoughts while watching the road outside.

 

Bracing herself, she calmly approach the older one, eyes never leaves his side profile until she reached her destination. "Mister Kwon." She called out softly to catch her attention.

 

Yul slowly turned his head to face the source of the voice. A small smile formed in his lips, greeting the young nurse. "Take your seat, Nurse Seo." He gestures briefly with his hand.

 

Complying, Seohyun smiled back to the older Kwon. "Um, what is this about?" She never want to stay longer, as she's still have job to do in the hospital.

 

"How many minutes you have?" Yul asked, referring to the younger girl's break time.

 

"10 minutes, Mister Kwon." Seohyun replied as she glance to her watch.

 

"That's enough then." Yul said as he take a sip of his coffee. He then took his phone from his pocket and handed it to the younger girl.

 

Seohyun had no idea but she took it and check what's in there. She looked back to the older Kwon when she finds out it's a photo of Krystal. "You meet with her?"

 

Yul nodded. "Is it wrong or right?"

 

Seohyun slowly looked at the photo of an innocent girl again. She couldn't think of an answer. Or she doesn't either know if it's wrong for a Kwon to meet the little girl.

 

"You know, at first in my mind... I want to meet her because I want to see to it that she's not really Jessica's daughter... Unfortunately, it changes. It changes when I started talking with her. When she started talking to me like I wasn't nobody for her. She's... She's indeed Jessica's daughter." Yul sighed heavily. It's still so hard foe her to accept that Donghae has a daughter with the woman she swore to love forever. "I should have accepted it already ever since I've eavesdrop Taeyeon in the ward. She was the one who keep the baby alive and gave her to her father."

 

"So there's no doubt... She is?" Seohyun goose bumps. The mention of Doctor Kim is unexpected for her.

 

Yul hesitantly nodded his head. "The way he speaks and moves around, is exactly like Yoong. And the way she would glare, it's adorable that she got it from Jessica. Aigoo... Why is this happening?" He took another sip of his coffee as he turned his head to the road beneath them. "Krystal, she's so innocent for this. I don't know if she's even going to take it once she knew the truth."

 

Seohyun sighs, looking down again to the photo of the little girl. She looked at her close, as if convincing herself that she's indeed Yoong's half sister. But as seconds passes, she felt a little weird when she realized that there's no resemblance of that guy, Donghae. She finds herself staring back to Mister Kwon instead and then to the kid. 'This is funny. How come she has her nose from Mister Kwon?' she said to herself. Since she is facing the older Kwon's side profile, she observed that their nose are the same(?). Or was she just too much in staring that she can say it?

 

"So I ask you to come over because I want to ask for help. That's if, you are willing to do so." Yul continue his words as he looked back to the younger. Although his voice is weak, he is determined inside to do his plan.

 

"Anything if it means for the best, I would like to help, Mister Kwon." Seohyun smiled warmly.

 

"I am planning to bring Krystal to her mother. But... I can only do that if I will not tell Donghae."

 

"You mean you want to kidnap her?"

 

"It's not kidnapping! It's like borrowing only, Nurse Seo. Krystal wanted to meet her mother, I want to help her with this."

 

"Are you planning to tell her the truth, then?"

 

"I am planning to just meet them. Not exactly the entire truth!" Yul defensively said.

 

Seohyun pause as she thought of it for a while. "So How?" That only leads for her to agree.

 

"I know where Krystal is studying. I only need you to pretend as Jessica's sister. I'm pretty sure you have the idea now on how to do this."

 

Seohyun's lips slowly formed into a smirk. "I got this, Mister Kwon."

 

"Maybe Friday, we can do this. Tomorrow is the first hearing of the case, so it's unlikely for us to perform this." Yul informed unconsciously about the case.

 

"Hearing? What is that?" And that cause for the young nurse to be curious.

 

He mentally slapped his forehead realizing his words. However, he seems couldn't pass it without explaining about it. "I filed a case to Donghae in regards to his doings from the past. I bet you know what happened?"

 

"Yes." Seohyun nodded. "So you're taking actions now? That's great to know Mister Kwon." She smiled, happy to learn about it.

 

"Jessica deserves justice, nothing else."

 

"Have you mentioned about this to Yoong?" Seohyun's mind crosses over the younger Kwon.

 

Yul sighs when he heard about his son. "Not yet, but I am going to mention it tonight. But don't mention I asked you to help me, araso?"

 

"Absolutely, Mister Kwon." Seohyun nodded and made a thump up.

 

"I guess that's all. I'll follow later." Yul reaches for his cup again and take a sip of his coffee. But as he expect for the younger girl to leave, he stayed rather. As he looked back at her, he noticed she is doing something from his phone and her own phone. "What are you doing?"

 

"I'm sending Krystal's photo into my phone. You know, I have to familiarize her face." Seohyun explained without giving Yul a look. She finds more photos in his phone. So she didn't think twice and also sends them to her device.

 

Yul just shrugs. Doesn't mind at all.

 

Seohyun on the other hand has this meaningful stare towards the older Kwon before she bids farewell.

 

***

 

Jessica just got back for a work after she had her dinner with her son, when she saw who is standing in front of the window, alone. Her heart smiled as soon as she recognized the person. "Hey."

 

The called out person slowly turned to face her. Warm yet sweet smile formed in Yul's face. "How was my sica baby?" As he never misses a beat and meets the blonde half way. The latter envelope him with a warm and comforting hug. Which he never think twice and return it.

 

"Where were you all day?" Came the blonde's soft and very soothing voice, near Yul's ear.

 

"Just out there..." Yul mutters in response.

 

"Where?" Jessica however wants a proper location. He was out of sight for all day, she couldn't help and get worry for him.

 

Yul audibly sigh. He expected it, Jessica wouldn't pass the night without getting an explanation from him. The Jessica he always know. Nothing really change. "Will you believe if I tell you... I went to see Krystal?" And so, he decided to be true.

 

Jessica's eyes widened a little. She slowly pulled to look at Yul in the eyes. "No you did not Yul."

 

"I did. And I must say... You have beautiful daughter, Sica."

 

"Yul..." Jessica cupped the tan man's cheeks. "Don't visit her anymore. Or even get contact with Donghae... Please..." She begs desperately, knowing it hurts for him to take the situation. It's not easy to see him like this, hurting.

 

"It's okay. I'm okay. In fact I don't mind." Yul huskily says. He held her hands over his cheeks. "I don't mind how many are they - my love for you won't ever change. Remember that always." He can't help himself and assure her.

 

Jessica groaned. "Just don't do this anymore, okay?"

 

"Aren't you curious about her?" Yul squint his eyes.

 

"Of course I am. But it can't help the situation, Yul. You see, she is being used by Donghae. We have to stop him before he could harm others." Jessica said truthfully. "Or even destroy the company."

 

"So that means you are interested in seeing her?" Yul felt disappointed.

 

"That can be done later. Not right now. Besides, I'm not ready yet."

 

He nodded in understanding. "Alright... I'll make sure to win the case then." But it never change his plan. Friday, he'll make sure Krystal gets to see her mother. Although not planning to introduce yet.

 

Jessica smiled warmly. She's glad to hear the determination in Yul's voice. "You'll win it, I'm pretty sure of it." That it also gives her confidence.

 

Without a word, Yul pulled the blonde again into his warm and comforting arms. He close his eyes and inhaled her scen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter