The adventures of Xing-Xing and Hunnie

Kitten

Double Update! Make sure to read "The day Junmyeon meets a cute little sheep"

 


 

Despite being scared out of his mind the first time he saw the tall cat hybrid, Yixing soon grew close to Sehun. After all, the tall male taught him many things, like how to get Joonmyeon to buy him stuff. All he had to do was widened his eyes just a bit and blink a lot, keeping his mouth in a small cute pout.

Joonmyeon had almost banned Sehun from teaching Yixing anything.

Sehun was also great company. Yixing was usually alone all day while Joonmyeon went to 'university' whatever that was. Now, since Jongin had to go to university as well, he just dropped Sehun off in the morning and picked him up in the afternoon. Sehun taught Yixing how to read and write, how to color in the lines and what shows were the best to watch. Like Legend of the Blue sea. That was Yixing's favorite. In fact, he was rewatching it for the third time when Sehun got dropped off for the day.

Yixing looked up when he heard a soft purr, smiling when he saw his cat hybrid friend.

"Good morning Hunnie!" Yixing said happily before sipping at his milk.  Sehun gave him a curt hello and plopped down on the couch next to Yixing.

"What's wrong Sehun?" Yixing asked, setting aside his empty glass of milk.

Sehun sighed, "I'm bored. Jonginnie gets to go out with his friends but I have to stay home. I can't go anywhere without him!" The cat hybrid seemed irritated at this fact. Yixing could relate though. It's been four months since Joonmyeon found Yixing and not once has he left the house without the said male with him.

"I just feel so cooped up, you know?"

Yixing pouted, "Yixing doesn't know. What does 'cooped up' mean?"

Sehun hummed, "It's like...always being trapped in one place and you get super bored, no matter how many coloring pages you finish."

Yixing gasped. That must have been a terrible feeling! Yixing looked up at the television screen, smiling when he saw the main character (a pretty mermaid) sneak out of the house. Suddenly an idea dawned upon the sheep hybrid.

"Hunnie! Hunnie! Yixing has an idea."

Sehun looked groggily over at the excited male, "What's your idea."

Yixing smiled and leaned in closer, as if he was about to tell Sehun a secret, "We sneak out." He whispered. Sehun's eyes got wide as he processed what Yixing just said. His eyes darted back and forth, sometimes looking at the t.v screen where the mermaid was talking to the homeless lady.

A wicked smile grew wider on his face as his tail flicked back and forth, "That's a great idea Xing Xing."

Yixing giggled, happy that his friend liked his idea. 







 

"You ready Xing Xing?"

Yixing nodded curtly, flinching when his oversized hat fell in front of eyes. Sehun laughed and lifted the cap and made sure it fit properly. The two were dressed for the warm weather, but made sure to cover their ears and tails.

Yixing had it easier, he could wear an oversized light fleece that went past his . He dawned white shorts that ended right above his knees. Sehun on the other hand had squeezed his tail into his pants, hiding the tail bulge by tying a jacket around his waist. He had a beanie on his head, one that was so graciously borrowed from Joonmyeon. Yixing took Sehun's hand, feeling quite nervous. This was the first time he was doing something so....bad. Joonmyeon had never told him directly never to go outside but it was implied.

Sehun on the other hand was ecstatic. The taste of freedom was at the tip of his tongue. He opened the door, patting his pocket to make sure the house keys were safely in his pocket. "Okay Xing Xing, where do you want to go first?" Sehun asked, stepping out into the warm spring air. Yixing giggled as he felt the breeze pass by them, the cold wind warming the rays of the harsh sun.

"Um...cookies?"

Yixing was referring to a café close to Joonmyeon's house. The later would bring him little baked goodies sometimes and Yixing was absolutely in love with the treats there.

Sehun frowned, "We don't have money."

Yixing pouted. Sehun sighed and started the walk towards the café, he couldn't bare see the hurt expression on Yixing's face. The two made nice conversation as they walked to the café, hand in hand.

Sehun talked about him and Jongin, proudly showing off his ring that Jongin had gotten him. Yixing smiled widely, complimenting Sehun on the beautiful accessory when deep down, Yixing was very jealous. He wanted Joonmyeon to buy him a ring. Actually Yixing wanted Joonmyeon to love him. He saw how happy Sehun was after receiving a kiss from Jongin. His ears wiggled delightfully, his tail swinging high in the air.

All Yixing wanted was to give Joonmyeon a big kiss.

He was nudged out of his thoughts by Sehun. They had reached the café. "What's wrong? You keep spacing out." Sehun asked  worryingly. He pressed his hand on Yixing's forehead, claiming that this is what Jongin did to him when he felt sick, although he wasn't sure how Jongin could tell he was sick or not.

Yixing pushed open the door, so upset by his crush that he didn't even giggle at the bell ringing above them, alerting their presence. 

"Hey Xing Xing, you can tell me what's wrong. Remember? We're friends!" Sehun said, gently nudging his small sheep hybrid friend.

Yixing sighed, "Yixing has a secret. Hunnie must promise not to tell anyone."

Sehun smiled widely, holding out his pinky, "Hunnie promises!"

Yixing opened his mouth when he heard someone call his name, "Yixing! Sehun!"

They turned to see a short male walking towards them, his lips upturned in a wide smile. The two hybrids squealed, "Jongdae!!"

Jongdae laughed as the two hybrids attached themselves onto him. Jongdae was the friendly neighborhood baker, the mastermind behind all of Yixing's favorite goodies. Joonmyeon came here with Yixing every Saturday morning to have breakfast with Jongin and Sehun. Jongdae had noticed them to be regulars and quickly introduced himself. Jongdae was so friendly, Yixing couldn't help but become friends with him.

"What's up my little cuties?!" Jongdae said good-naturedly, "Where are the husbands?"

Yixing flushed bright red at the nickname but Sehun just grinned and answered, "They're out. We got bored and snuck out. Except we're hungry and we don't have money." Sehun said with a pout, making sure to purr softly as he rubbed against Jongdae.

Jongdae just laughed, "Sit down you two, I'll bring some treats."

Yixing gasped and clapped excitedly, thanking Jongdae countless times. The brown haired male led them to a booth near a window and left to bring the treats. Sehun leaned against the seat and raised an eyebrow at Yixing, "You were saying?"

Yixing fidgeted in his seat. His hat was falling over his face and he was playing with the hem of his sweater nervously, "Yixing um....Yixing likes Myeon."

Sehun grinned.

Yixing smiled softly, "Yixing likes Myeon. Like how Hunnie likes Jonginnie."

Sehun wriggled in his seat, Yixing could practically see his cat ears wiggling with excitement, "You mean you love him?"

Yixing nodded quickly before squeaking and hiding his face from Sehun. Sehun laughed out loud just as Jongdae placed a plate full of brownies and cookies in front of them. The male winked, "Enjoy, it's on the house."

Sehun smiled, "Thank you JonnggOH MY GOD."

The cat hybrid ducked under the booth. Yixing turned around in confusion, yelping when he saw a familiar face walk into the café.

"Hey Dae! What's up?!"

Jongdae looked down at the two hybrids hiding under the table, "When I say cookies, you run towards the counter and hid behind it okay?" With that, Jongdae waltzed away, greeting Joonmyeon with a friendly hug. He turned the male so his back was against the entire store, "Did you come to get some COOKIES because I baked a bunch of COOKIES, yea they are super nice and by the way I'm talking about the COOKIES."

Joonmyeon raised an eyebrow, "You...okay Dae?"

Jongdae nodded and gulped when he saw the cat and sheep hybrids roll out from under the table and make a beeline for the counter. Just as they dove out of sight, Joonmyeon turned around to see what Jongdae was looking at.

Jongdae yelped and turned Joonmyeon harshly towards him, "heY BUDDY I MISSED YOU MAN!"

Jongdae pulled Joonmyeon into a tight hug and pointed towards the side entrance. Sehun, who was poking his head above the counter nodded and took Yixing's hand. Together they bolted out of the café. Jongdae sighed.

"Um dude, let go of me, it's starting to get a little weird."

Jongdae was quick to release Joonmyeon, "Oh sorry." He laughed nervously and brushed invisible specks of dirt off of Joonmyeon's shoulders.



 

Sehun and Yixing ran into the house, slamming the door shut and locking the door. They rid themselves of their day clothes and changed back into what they were wearing this morning.

Sehun threw the keys back into the bowl by the door and flopped onto the coach. Yixing turned the television on and tried to steady his breath. Just as they started breathing normally, the door handle jiggled and opened. A smiling Joonmyeon appeared, a brown bag in his hand with the logo of Jongdae's café printed on it. Jongin was right behind him, holding an identical bag.

"We're back! Were you guys good today?"

Sehun and Yixing shared a look.

"Yea."