Watering

Kitten

After the little talk with Baekhyun, Sehun fell silent. He's been so preoccupied with his thoughts. Jongin noticed the difference in Sehun right away. The latter wouldn't cuddle, wouldn't play, wouldn't even sing Disney songs with Jongin. But there was nothing he could do. Sehun was thinking and thinking until one day he came to a conclusion. He was going to water the flower bud, he was going to take care of it and make sure that it will bloom.

He got up from the couch and padded over to Jongin's bedroom. He knocked lightly on the door and walked inside after he heard Jongin's faint 'come in'.

Jongin was sitting on his mattress, back pressed up against the wall. He had books scattered around him and he was clearly studying.Sehun slid next to him and leaned his head on Jongin's shoulder.

"Sehun?"

"Hmm."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes Jongin. I am fine."

"Why have you been so down recently?"

"What?"

"You didn't even want to come visit Tao with me yesterday."

Sehun's eyes widened, "Jongin, I didn't mean to! I was just...thinking."

Jongin frowned and put aside his textbook, "Is there a problem Sehun? You know that I'm here, I can help."

Sehun shook his head and looked down, hiding from Jongin.

"Is there anything I could right now?" Jongin asked, trying to lift Sehun's head.

Sehun nodded, "I just want to sleep, I am so tried Jongin."

Jongin nodded understandably and pulled Sehun into his lap. He left the younger boy grip his shirt as he hide his head in Jongin's chest. Sehun's shoulders started to shake and Jongin's eyes widened when he realized that the younger boy was crying.

"Sehun? Kitten, What's wrong?"

Sehun just shook his head and pulled away from Jongin. He tried to walk away but Jongin grabbed his wrist.

"Sehun, tell me."

"Are you mad at me?"

Jongin was taken back at the blunt question.

"What? No, Sehun why would I be mad?"

"Because I have been a bad friend."

Jongin released his grip on Sehun's wrist and pulled the younger boy into a hug.

"No Sehun, you were never a bad friend."

"Are we okay?"

"We're more than okay."