Runaway

Kitten

"Jesus Christ."

"Hey don't use the lord's name in vain."

"Shut up, we are in the middle of a crisis."

Baekhyun gasped and smacked Tao on the shoulder, "I am your mother."

"No you're not."

"I'm your best friend's mother, close enough."

"SHUT UP."

Baekhyun and Tao turned to Jongin who was breathing heavily. "You guys are arguing about the stupidest things and Sehun is out there running around."

"Chill Jongin, he survived all this time before he met us...he'll be fine."

Jongin slumped down to his knees, "I know but I...I just feel responsible for him...you know?"

Chanyeol walked over to the couch and brushed his finger over the cuts in the couch.

"Did he take a knife to this place?"

"Nah, but he might have claws." Tao said, causally picking at his nails.

Jongin nudged him and gave him a look, trying to warn him that Chanyeol and Baekhyun don't know his secret.

"I-I mean...yea knife." Tao stammered immediately.

Baekhyun was not the one to be fooled, "Boys...is there something that you're not telling us?"

Jongin sighed in defeat, "It's easier if we show you."

There was a knock on the door and seconds later Kris walked in.

"What's the emergency?!"

"We lost Sehun!"

"How the do you lose a grown man?!"










 

It was nearing two in the morning. Jongin was still running around his (considerably) small town. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were still with him but Tao left at around one. Kris was still there, due to orders of Tao. Kris was so unbelievably whipped for Tao. Jongin sighed as he ran down around alleyway. He was about to go back when he heard a faint whimpering. He cocked his head and walked closer to the voice.

"P-please do not hurt me."

A chill went down Jongin's back when he heard a deep, gruff voice, "Awh, boys look. He has cute pink ears."

Jongin's eyes widened...Sehun! He raced down the alleyway and slowed when he saw Sehun on the ground, in the middle of a circle of four guys.

"HEY GET AWAY FROM HIM!" Jongin yelled, charging at the closet man.

He shoved him aside and grabbed Sehun. A man tried to block their way, but Jongin used his free hand to land a punch on his face. The man stumbled to the side and Jongin took off with Sehun in tow. They made it to safety and Jongin slowed to a stop. He pulled out his phone, while still on the lookout for those creeps.

"Hello?"

"Mom I found him!"

"Where?!"

"At the park."

"We'll be there in five."

Without Jongin hung up and slid his phone back in his pocket. He gently pulled Sehun under a streetlight to assess the damage. He didn't look that bad. He had a few scratches on his face and a cut on his arm. Jongin wiped some dirt off of Sehun's cheek.

"Sehun, we just met but I can't help feel so protective over you." Jongin muttered as he pushed hair off of Sehun's face.

Sehun looked down, "I am sorry Kim Jongin. I have made your life difficult."

"No no, it's okay. But promise me, next time you won't just run...talk to me okay?"

"Yes Jongin."

Jongin turned when he heard a familiar shout.

"Who are they? Are they bad people Jongin?" Sehun asked, bracing himself to run.

Jongin shook his head, "That's my mom and my step dad."

Sehun nodded, "Is it okay if they see my ears and tail?"

Jongin sighed, "We don't have a choice."

Jongin braced himself as his mom ran closer.

"JONGIN ARE YOU OKA-" he froze when he saw Sehun's pink ears twitch.

Chanyeol came up behind him and looked over to see why his husband suddenly fell silent.

"What's up with you...oh." Chanyeol also stopped mid sentence when he caught sight of Sehun's moving tail.

"OH!" Baekhyun finally let out a word more like a noise before his eyes rolled back in his head. Chanyeol, who was standing behind the drama queen caught the fainting male.

"Well...this just took an interesting turn."