Summer Rain

Kitten

Sehun slid the glass doors that led to a patio which was attached to Jongin's and his room. He smiled when he saw Jongin sitting on a couch. Jongin turned to see Sehun standing shyly by the door. Jongin smiled and motioned for Sehun to come closer. Sehun slid the door shut and made his way to where Jongin was sitting. It was late afternoon and it had started to rain. It was cool, occasionally blowing a gust of wind.

Sehun smiled. He loved summer rain more than anything else. He loved the sound of rain pattering on the roof, the smell of fresh rain, and the chill weather that it brought. Sehun made himself comfortable on Jongin's lap. He let the older boy hold him close as he rested his head on Jongin's chest. He was sitting sideways, his legs resting on the couch while his upper body was leaning against Jongin. He nestled his head in the crook of Jongin's shoulder and smiled when he felt the latter kiss Sehun's forehead.

They sat there in silence as they watched the rain fall. It was peaceful.

Sehun nuzzled himself closer to Jongin as a strong gust of wind blew by. Jongin noticed the younger boy's shivering and pulled out a blanket from a basket next to the couch. He wrapped the blanket over him and Sehun. Sehun smiled appreciatively and sank into the warmth.

Sehun's eyes fluttered shut as the overwhelming calmness took over. Jongin found his eyes drooping as well. Watching the younger boy slowly fall asleep made him very tired.

So the two boy drifted off to peaceful sleep, protected from the rain by the roof on top of them. Their lullaby being the gentle patter of summer rain.