Painting

Kitten

Sehun opened a closed door to find Baekhyun shuffling through a couple pictures. "What are you doing?"

Baekhyun looked up. "I'm painting Jongin and I was looking for a picture to use."

Sehun walked over to Baekhyun, where a half finished painting was sitting on an easel. "How do you paint?" Sehun asked, poking the paintbrush.

Baekhyun shrugged, "You just let the brush do it's thing." 

Sehun lit up, "Can I paint?!"

Baekhyun smiled adoringly, "Of course baby."

Baekhyun handed Sehun a box of old paintbrushes and paint tubes.

"Do you want to use an easel like me?"

Sehun nodded earnestly. Baekhyun chuckled at the younger's eagerness to try something new. He walked to his supply closet and brought out an old canvas he never ended up using. Usually beginners start with paper but Baekhyun didn't care. To learn something, you need to do it properly and not half it, especially if it's art. Sehun sat in the corner and stared at the blank canvas which held so many possibilities.

"Baekkie, I don't know what to draw."

Baekhyun looked up from his work, "Is there something that means a lot to you?"

Sehun blushed slightly and nodded.

"Do you have a picture of it?"

Sehun eyed the piles of old pictures of Jongin and nodded once more.

Baekhyun smiled, "Well there you go. Try to replicate the picture with your own style."

Sehun nodded and walked sheepishly over to the pile of Jongin pictures. Baekhyun's eyes widened when he looked up to see Sehun looking through the pictures. He smiled to himself as he watched the younger boy take in all the pictures. Finally Sehun picked one and showed it to Baekhyun, "When was this?"

It was a picture of one of Jongin's dance performances.

"That was from last year, when he preformed at the one year anniversary of his dance studio."

Sehun nodded and sat back down. He looked at the picture and then at the canvas. He smiled widely when an idea struck him and he picked up the paintbrush. 










 

Jongin yawned and made his way to his parents' house. He rang the doorbell while standing awkwardly on the front porch. He usually just let himself in, considering that he stole one of Chanyeol's keys but he had left that at his own home. Chanyeol opened the door with a mouth full of chips. Jongin made a face of disgust and pushed past his gross step-dad.

"Where's Sehun?"

Chanyeol let out a laugh, "Good luck taking him back home."

Jongin turned to Chanyeol alarmed, "What?!"

"Your mom introduced him to painting this morning. He didn't even come for lunch."

Jongin ran upstairs to his mom's art room and burst inside. Baekhyun let out a scream before noticing that it was his troublesome son.

"What the Jongin?! There's something called knocking, you should try it some time."

"Why hasn't Sehun ate yet?" Jongin demanded.

Sehun looked up from an easel and smiled brightly when he saw Jongin.

"Hello Jongin!"

Jongin's mad expression melted and he smiled, "Hey kitten, why didn't you eat? That's not healthy."

Sehun shrugged and made another with his paintbrush.

"I have been very busy Jongin. I have a big project that I want to finish."

"Can I see?"

"NO!"

Jongin blinked at Sehun's sudden raise of voice. "I mean, it's a surprise until it is done."

Jongin sighed in defeat, "All right but let's go. You can work on it tomorrow."

Sehun shook his head once more, "I do not want to forget this idea. Let me stay over Jongin."

Jongin sighed again and looked at Sehun's pleading eyes before breaking. "Fine, but you have to eat dinner."

Sehun lit up, "Thank you Jongin! And I will."

Jongin just shook his head and walked out again. 












 

"Baekhyun?"

"Yes baby?"

"It's done."

Baekhyun shot out of his seat. It was 2 in the morning and Sehun had been painting nonstop.

"Let me see!" 

Baekhyun peered over the easel and almost tripped.

"Oh...my...ing.....god."

......

"D-did you paint this?!"

Sehun nodded sheepishly, "I-is it bad?"

Baekhyun shook his head furiously, "No! It's the best ing thing I've ever seen!"

Sehun smiled and sat up, "Really?! Do you think Jongin is going to like it?"

"Like it?! He's going to love it!"

Sehun sighed contently. He wanted to show Jongin how thankful he was and this was the only way he could think of.

Baekhyun pointed at a moon, "H-how did you get that texture?"

Sehun pointed at a sponge next blue paint. Baekhyun just shook his head in awe, "Sehun...you've got a real talent." 





 

Jongin ran to his parents' house right after he got the text from Baekhyun. Apparently something had happened to Sehun. Jongin ran to their house, two in the morning, in just sweatpants and shoes. He didn't even bother to put on a shirt. He made it ten minutes later and he was panting. Baekhyun opened the door and pulled him inside. Jongin got dragged upstairs to his mom's art room. "I swear, if it was because he didn't eat, I'm never leaving him here again."

Baekhyun just motioned for Jongin to open the door. Jongin complied.

He slowly opened the door and peeked his head in. His mouth dropped open when he saw a painting in the middle of the room.

It was....him.

Jongin walked closer to the painting and traced his fingers over his own face

Jongin walked closer to the painting and traced his fingers over his own face. "T-this is amazing! Who painted this?"

"I did."

Jongin whirled around to see a shy Sehun standing behind him.

"Are you for real?! And this is the first time you've ever painted?!"

Sehun nodded again, looking down at his feet in embarrassment. Jongin walked over to Sehun and lifted his chin.

"You...have such a beautiful talent."

Sehun smiled and clung to Jongin while Jongin weaved his arms around Sehun's thin waist.  Sehun nuzzled his nose into the crook of Jongin's neck.

"Was this a present for me?" Jongin asked softly.

Sehun just nodded. Jongin smiled and placed a light kiss on Sehun's cheek.

"Thank you kitten."