8.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8.

 

“K, deep breaths. We'll be out soon.” Kyra sighs. She is standing outside a black door, her hand on the knob.

 

Kyra knocks gently on the door, nodding slightly to reassure herself as Angel sighs, worried. The door opens, revealing the black-haired man, who seems surprised to see her. “Can I help you?” He asks quietly.

 

“Do you have a computer that I can use?” Kyra says, fiddling with the straps of her black backpack.

 

He stares at her, slightly confused. “Why?”

 

“I need to do something for Jungkook.”

 

“If it's for him, you can use it.” He steps back and leads her to a laptop sitting on a desk. She gingerly sits down on a chair in front of it.“Do you mind if I watch?”

 

She nods, opening the laptop with hesitation. “Sure.” He pulls up a chair, sitting next to her.

 

ping her backpack, she takes a plug and plugs it into the side of his computer. The plug is a cord with a black square attached to the end. Glancing at him, she places her thumb on the square, watching as a blue line scans her finger before turning the computer black. “I'll pull up the software for you.” Angel says quietly.

 

She nods slightly as a series of codes comes onto the screen. “Are you hacking?” The man finally asks.

 

“This is actually a list of Jungkook’s main chip software. I just have to run a command past it while patching it up. It should take me about a minute.” She responds, her voice flat.

 

She begins typing rapidly as he asks her a question. “I'm sorry.” Kyra says nothing, continuing with her work. He runs a hand through his hair. “Are you okay?”

 

She pauses briefly before continuing, nodding slightly. “I'm fine. I just, I can't face Seokjin again. I can feel that something bad will happen.”

 

Green words flash across the screen, reading “access granted.” She smirks slightly as he responds. “But you still have days until you're done.”

 

“Not now.” She says, finally looking at him. “I'm leaving as soon as this is finished.”

 

“What about Jin?” He asks as she unplugs the square and closes his computer, putting the square in her backpack. “Did you tell him anything else?”

 

She shakes her head. “I made my decision.”

 

“Which is to leave? You're just running away from your problems?”

 

“Is that really so bad?” She stands, going over to his window. She opens it quickly, glancing downwards.

 

He stands. “What about Jungkook? Aren’t you friends now?”

 

She shrugs. “He'll forget about me soon.”

 

“And what about your brother? He won't forget you.” She shakes her head, saying nothing. He sighs. “What about finding K for us?”

 

She chuckles. “I can't do that for you.”

 

“Why?” He crosses his arms.

 

She sticks a leg out of his window, sighing. “I'm sure you can find a way without him.”

 

Jimin walks over to her as she drops her body out of the window and grabs her wrist, preventing her from leaving. He speaks in a low voice. “What about me?”

 

They stare at each other for a moment before she sighs, looking down. “What about you?”

 

His eyes widen and he speaks with a sense of desperation in his voice. “You don't feel anything for me?”

 

Shock flashes across

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter