14.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14.

Jimin opens the door to his room, motioning for V to come in. When he does, his jaw drops. “Holy crap.”

Jimin smiles, motioning to the wall opposite his bed that captured V’s attention. “I made a map of both territories and the notable places on each.”

V walks over to it. The wall is adorned with a large map full of different colored pins: red, blue, yellow, and green. There are countless newspaper pages, photographs, and other miscellaneous pieces of paper all over the wall. “What do the pins mean?”

Jimin point to a cluster of red pins. “Red is where K has been found recently. Yellow is Chen's movement in the last five months.”

“Chen from EXO?” V asks.

He nods. “We saw him meet K or Angel at the cafe. I looked through footage from the last five months and saw that they were abnormal.”

“In what way?”

Jimin points to an alley off the side of a pizza restaurant, where a black-and-white picture of a bloody Chen is shown. “Around five months ago, he was seen walking injured out of an abandoned room. Guess who had rented the room three years earlier?” He asks, tapping a house deed next to the picture.

V reads the paper before he gasps. “Kyra?”

“Right. Then, a week later, he sneaks out of EXO’s house and places cameras in random cut-holes all around his territory.” He motions to six black pins, all in close proximity.

“If you look back, these were cameras that Suho had ordered to be taken down just days before he was shown bloody in Kyra’s old room.”

V cuts him off, asking a question. “Why would he put them back?”

 

Jimin smiles mischievously. “Let me finish. I was watching old footage from this store across the street from one of the places and look who showed up placing the camera, four years prior?”

He taps another picture. V stares at it for a moment before his eyes widen. “It's the woman. She's got the same bandana, the one with the two snakes.”

“She's got blonde hair here but it's the same figure. And that's not all. You see the blue pins?” Jimin asks.

V looks at the map, glancing at all the blue pins. “They’re everywhere. All over both territories.”

“I'm finding more everyday but those are all the cameras that I've seen in the same model.” He replies. “They're not hard to find once you know what you're looking for.”

V tears his eyes away from the map, staring at Jimin with surprise. “Jesus. Have you slept since she, you know?”

“I've been doing this since Kyra left us.” He shrugs. “I get she had her reasons for leaving but I just want answers. The more I find, the more tied she is to Kyra.”

“Has anyone else seen this?”

Jimin shakes his head. “I haven't found anything out other than that Kyra, this woman, and K are somehow connected.”

“What do you need me for?”

Jimin shrugs. “Do you want me to explain the other stuff I’ve found?” V nods and he continues speaking. “Okay. Oh, this is the best yet!” He point to a clothing store. “This store had a purchase of a black jacket the day that the fire happened. See who bought it.”

V looks at the picture of the clothing store, where a woman with silver hair is shown leaving with a plastic bag. “Do we know her?”

Jimin laughs. “Look closely. It’s Kyra.”

“No!” He says, shocked. Leaning closer to the picture, he studies it for a moment before whistling. “She looks so different with the piercings and the silver hair.”

“She knows how to hide. But, right after leaving this, she walks into the building that burned down and goes to the roof.” He points to a circled building with a picture of Kyra talking on a phone. “She has a five minute phone call before she runs into the building, looking worried. The next thing we know-”

V interrupts him. “Wait. Look next to her. She’s wearing the new jacket.” Jimin looks at the picture, where the army jacket is lying on the roof. “What if she leaves the jacket when she leaves the building? That means she could still be alive.”

Jimin claps him on the back. “And that’s why you should help me. I’m good at finding things but you’re better at putting them together.”

“I’m in.” V smiles. “Whatever it takes.”

“Whatever it takes.” Jimin agrees.

 

----------

 

“I got in!” Jhope shouts, looking up from a computer.

Next to him, Jin jolts awake, looking at him blearily. “Can I help you?”

He chuckles, giddy with happiness. “I finally cracked EXO’s database.”

Jin ruffles his hair. “So? What’d you find?”

“I said I got in, not that I looked around yet. That’s why I woke you up.” Jhope eyes him before turning back to his computer.

“Searching K now?” Jin asks.

He nods in response before scrunching his forehead in confusion. “What the hell?”

“What?” Jin stands and walks over to him.

“There’s nothing. They’re not even searching for him.” Jhope sighs. “All they’ve got is what we have: he’s a legend on the run. It doesn’t even say anything about Angel.”

J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter