12.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12.

Kyra sighs, wrenching open a door and entering a clothing store. Immediately, a short, perky woman rushes up to her. “Hello, miss! How can we help you today?”

Angel chuckles at Kyra’s surprised expression. “You better be nice!”

In response, Kyra shakes her head. “I’m supposed to pick up a jacket.”

The woman’s face brightens. “Ooh! What’s the occasion?”

She shrugs. “Just needed a new jacket.”

“Well, you came to the right place, miss!” The woman grabs her arm and leads her over to a register. “I can-”

Kyra pulls her arm away from the woman and shakes her head. “Look! I'm picking up a prepaid jacket. There is no need for this excitement!”

The woman’s face falls and she pauses, looking sad. Angel quickly reprimands her. “Apologize.”

Kyra rolls her eyes, sighing. “Sorry for yelling. I'm in a bit of a rush.”

The woman nods, reaching below the register and pulling out a plastic bag, and speaks, her voice quieter than it was originally. “It's alright. Here's your jacket.”

Kyra nods, turning to the clothes rack. “Thanks.”

Angel whistles. “That was harsh.”

Kyra snorts and leaves the store, shouldering the bag. “Too bad for her. Where to?”

Angel chuckles. “Well, I've got a plan but it will involve the burning of your old jacket.”

“I like the sound of that.”

“Then walk on, K.” Angel says.

----------

“Jimin confirmed that this is who?” Rap Monster splutters.

Jhope shrugs. “He told me that this masked woman is exactly what K looked like.”

“Maybe it was Angel who attacked him.”

He shakes his head, glancing at Jin, who is watching a news feed on his computer. “Jimin said that the person who attacked him looked exactly like this woman and that they introduced themselves as K.”

“How do we know they weren’t lying?”

“We don’t.” Jin speaks, looking up from his computer. “But the way that he spoke means that he definitely wasn't lying.”

“What if K is a group of people?” Rap Monster asks.

Jhope shakes his head. “If that were true then we'd all be dead. It's definitely one person.”

Jin nods. “He's right.”

“So then explain this.”

Next to Rap Monster, Suga speaks. “I think K is a woman.”

Jin chuckles. “Sure.”

“I'm serious!” Suga defends himself. “There's only one person that has actually told us that K is a guy.”

“Who?” Rap Monster asks.

“Kyra.” Jhope answers. “But she's scared of K, we know that. What if she was being threatened to tell us that?”

Jin clenches his fists. “If he threatened my sister-” He trails off, staring murderously into the distance.

Rap Monster finally sighs, breaking the silent room. “Call your sister. We need her help.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter