20.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20.

“What can I help you with doctor?” Kyra asks, limping into his office and sitting in a chair opposite him.

The doctor looks up and smiles at her. “Kyra! How are you feeling?”

“Alright.” She says. “I have to limp but I think it will go away. Speaking of which, do you have any crutches that I can use?”

He nods after a moment. “I can get you some. Be right back.”

Standing, he leaves the room. After a moment, Hyorin enters the room. “Kyra! What's up?”

She shrugs, turning to face her. “Nothing much. Why are you here?”

“Angel told me to come here.” She frowns. “Not sure why, though.”

“Angel?” Kyra asks.

Angel sighs, sounding worried. “Look, K. The doctor's got some bad news for you. You'll need her.”

Kyra blinks, surprised, before relaying the message. “Apparently you need to be with me as the doctor gives me some bad news.”

She pauses as the doctor returns, carrying a pair of crutches. “These should do.”

She takes them from him. “Thanks. So why'd you call me here?”

The doctor’s eyes flick over Hyorin before he pulls up a chair next to her. “I was looking through the details of your surgery.” He says gravely. “I've got some bad news for you.”

Kyra looks up. “Sure. What's up?”

“It's not good news.”

She gulps at his tone before nodding solemnly. “I'm ready.”

“Well, since the poison in your leg was Belladona, your leg couldn;t fight it and had to adapt to live around it. So, by removing it, you will have a limp.” He says quietly, almost guiltily.

She shrugs. “That's alright. Don't blame yourself.

“That's not all.” He sighs. “The poison in your back, being acid, was much worse. It seeped down into some of your organs. There was one organ that it infected entirely and that I was forced to take out.” Kyra nods and he continues. “It seeped into your ovary. I'm really sorry, but I had to remove it and you can no longer have children.”

Her face whitens and she gasps. “No, no!”

Hyorin immediately comforts her. “It's fine. Don't worry-”

She interrupts her, putting her head in her hands. “It is not alright! I can't have kids? Are you kidding me?”

Angel speaks sadly. “You need to calm down, K.”

Kyra says nothing for a moment before she hugs Hyorin, crying softly into her shoulder. Hyorin looks at the doctor, motioning to the door. Understanding, the doctor leaves the room. “Ssh, K. It's alright.”

Kyra sniffs. “What do I do?”

“Jimin will still take you.” Angel jokes feebly, bringing a smile to both Hyorin and Kyra's faces.

“Angel! It's been a while, girl!” Hyorin smiles wider. “You've got to stop sending me messages. We need to talk more.”

“Will do. All jokes aside, though, it's okay.” Angel says. “You can move on.”

 

----------

 

“Suga had us set up these two adjoining rooms for you guys. We also have a bed for Kyra.” Jin says awkwardly, scratching the back of his head. He is talking to Bora, Dasom, and Soyou.

He opens the door to a bare room with three beds. Bora nods, approving. “Thank you, Seokjin.”

“Just Jin is fine, actually.”

Dasom looks at him, confused. “You're K’s brother?”

“I am.” He speaks with reluctance.

“Don't be depressed by that. K’s one of the best people we know.” Bora says.

He scoffs. “Not to me.” They fall silent before he continues to speak. “She's alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter