5.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5.

 

“K! Wake up!” Angel screeches into Kyra’s ear. “Jin’s coming to talk to you.”

Kyra bolts upright, looking at Jungkook, who is playing on his phone with one hand. “Did something happen?” He asks as she stands, grabbing her backpack from the floor.

“I'm going out.” She says abruptly, quickly leaving the room.

She leans against the wall outside the room for support, breathing hysterically. “I can't deal with him. I can't-”

“Deep breaths, K. It's alright. Only five more days.” She says, attempting to be soothing.

But, Kyra only starts to freak out more. “Five days of living with him? Angel, I'm done for!”

Across the hall, the black-haired man opens his door. “Are you alright? I heard you talking to yourself.”

She ignores him, breathing deeply in an attempt to calm herself, for a moment before Angel speaks softly. “K, go in his room. Jin’s coming any second now.”

Kyra whips her head up and stares at the man. Then, she rushes past him and into his room, startling the man. “Hide me, please.” He turns and looks at her, standing in his room, and opens his mouth.

“Hey! Jimin! What are you doing up so early?” Jin, his hair slightly ruffled, is leaning against Jimin’s door.

“Why are you here?” The man, Jimin, says bluntly.

“I'm going to finally have a talk with my sister.” He says after a moment of hesitation. “Any words of advice?”

Jimin pauses briefly before motioning to the way Jin had come. “Don't go.”

“What?” Jin exclaims, confused. “Why?”

“She's not there. I heard her run out the way that you came.” He says, causing Kyra, from her hiding place, to slump over in relief. “I'm shocked you two didn't bump into each other.”

Jin pulls open Jungkook's room, causing Jungkook to look up at the two. “Hey, Jimin!”

Jimin nods his head in greeting as Jin stares into the room. “Where's Kyra?”

He points towards the hallway. “I don't know. She was sleeping and then she just got up and ran out of here.”

Jin slumps in disappointment. “So she's avoiding me?”

“Wait.” Jimin says. “How did she know you were coming?”

Jin shrugs, waving off his suspicion. “She knows everything. It's been like that since forever.”

“That doesn't strike you as odd?” Jimin says, glancing quizically at Kyra.

But, he shrugs again. “She knows everything. I never question it because I know she'll never explain herself.”

Jimin crosses his arms. “So you never ask her anything?”

“I've learned over the years to not ask because chances are she won't answer.” Jin responds. He chuckles. “I guess I'll find her later.”

“You're not going to search for her?” Jimin asks, confused.

“She obviously doesn't want to see me and, if she doesn't want to be found, then I won't find her.” He closes Jungkook's door, waving him goodbye. “Tell me if you hear her come back.”

Then, he turns and walks away. Jimin closes his door and stares at Kyra. After a moment of silence, he clears his throat and motions to a chair. “I think you should sit. You seem a little shaken up.”

She hesitates. “Just sit, K. You're safe now.” Angel says in her ear, encouraging her to take a seat, which she does.

“Thank you.” She finally says softly.

He glances at her. “Anytime.”

----------

“All done!” Chen says, walking back into his room and shutting the door.

“Yay! We did it!” She cheers.

“Now your friend should be happy.”

Angel, collecting herself, responds through his computer. “Nice job. I will report this success to my friend. Now she won't have to hunt you down and kill you.”

“I feel like you're not joking.” He laughs. She says nothing, confirming his statement, and he gasps, turning serious. “What? She would have killed me?”

“Not now.” Angel responds, chuckling at his surprise. “We respect deals. She spared your life so that you put back our cameras. If you didn't put back our cameras,” She trails off as he finishes the sentence.

“Then you wouldn't spare my life.” He pauses, digesting the words.

“Hey, don't worry.” She reassures him. “You're my friend now. I won't let her hurt you.”

“You promise?” He asks.

“I promise.” Angel says.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter