6.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6.

 

***Note: The next “section” is just between V and Jungkook. It won’t have much of an impact on the story. If you don’t like to read this type of subject matter (boy/boy), you can skip it… (start reading from the next note) Enjoy!***

 

V knocks gently on Jungkook’s door. “Can I come in, Jungkook?”

He looks up and meets his eyes, nodding. “Sure.”

Walking in, he sits on the edge of Jungkook's bed. “How are you?”

“I'm good. You?” Jungkook says, looking down.

“Fine. Is Kyra treating you well?”

He nods. “She's actually pretty nice.”

V scoffs. “To you. She's been an to me since she got here.”

“You probably just got out on the wrong foot.”

V shrugs. “Whatever.”

They lapse into an uncomfortable silence. Jungkook finally breaks it, looking at V. “She gave me some advice about you.”

“About me? Why would you need advice about a friend?” V asks, avoiding his searching gaze.

“I- never mind.” He backs down at the word friend. “Forget it.”

Undeterred, V presses forward. “No, I'm curious. Why would you talk about me?”

“I said forget it!”

“Then why bring it up?” V counters.

They both glare at each other for a tense moment before Jungkook finally breaks, angry. “Do you want to know what we talked about? She told me that I should figure out what I feel for you before it's too late.”

He breaks off, slapping a hand over his mouth. V stares at him, causing him to gulp. “What do you feel?”

Jungkook looks down. “I feel-” He pauses, searching for the words. “I feel empty when you're not here. I feel- I want you but I know that it’s one-sided. I doubt that you-”

V kisses him, interrupting his rambling. They kiss for a moment before V breaks the kiss and stares at Jungkook. “That's how I feel.”

Jungkook smiles and leans in towards V again. Suddenly, the door opens and they jerk apart, looking at Kyra standing him the doorway, open in surprise. She finally smirks. “You've got good game, Jungkook.”

V sighs. “Did you seriously have to come in at this moment?”

She shrugs and sits down, offering her wrist to Jungkook, who takes it wordlessly. “You want your boyfriend to die?”

V sighs, standing. “He's not my-”

Jungkook interrupts him. “I don't think he would want his boyfriend to die.”

V blushes as Kyra whistles. “You're together now?”

“I mean he didn't ask me.” V starts.

In response, Jungkook immediately throws off his covers and kneels in front of V, holding out his hand. “Oh, great and beautiful V, will you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?”

He chuckles and shakes his head. “I'm sorry, I don't-”

Jungkook interrupts him again, grabbing his hand and kissing it. “Thank you!”

Kyra waves her wrist. “I got it. You're together. Would you like my wrist back?”

Jungkook sits back on the bed, dragging V over with his hand. “Sure.” They sit together on the bed.

Kyra coughs. “Please no kissing while I'm here.”

Jungkook winks. “No promises.”

 

***Note: Continue from here…***

 

They all chuckle before V stands and stretches. “I'd love to stay but I'm supposed to meet Rap Monster. Oh! Guess what, Jungkook?”

Jungkook blinks. “What?”

“We've been giving you meals in here but you're supposed to eat with us tonight.” He replies.

“But I'm on bedrest.” He whines back.

Kyra chuckles at his whining. “I'll bring my wrist for you, if you'd like.”

“You want to have dinner with them? I thought we were avoiding your brother.” Angel asks her.

Jungkook smiles and squeezes her hand in thanks. “Seriously? You'll have dinner with us?”

She shrugs. “You should run it by Rap Monster but it won't hurt for you to eat with your friends.”

V nods. “I'm sure he won't mind. Guess we'll see you both tonight.” He leans over and rustles Jungkook's hair affectionately before leaving.

----------

Jungkook, with his wrist touching Kyra’s, leads her through a network of corridors. Finally, they turn into a loud room. As they enter, all five males fall silent. They both sit down and Jungkook smiles. “Guys! It's been a while!”

One of them, Suga, chuckles. “We've been away from you for two days.”

He shrugs, reaching for a bowl of salad and piling it on his plate. “I still missed you.”

Suga smiles, taking a bite of his food. “We missed you too.”

“Hey, Kookie!” A brown-haired male says loudly as he walks into the room. “How's life?”

He sits down opposite Kyra. Jungkook waves at him. “It's good, Jhope. You?”

“I'm good!” The man, Jhope, exclaims, reaching for food. “You're new! What's your name?” He says, seeing Kyra, sitting uncomfortably in her seat.

“Kim Kyra.” She says, looking at him.

The table falls silent again as the man continues speaking, ignoring her cold tone. “You're Jin's sister, right?” She nods. “I'm-”

She cuts him off. “I know who you are.”

“Do you?” Rap Monster asks, adding to the  conversation.

She shrugs, turning to look at him. “I keep tabs on all of my brother's acquaintances.”

“Are you aware of what we call ourselves?”

“I am.” She replies.

“Do you know our reputations?” He asks.

She shifts in her seat, slightly un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter