19.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19.

“Chen.” Angel says quietly, her voice sounding worried, interrupting his music.

“Hey, Angel! What’s up?” He says, looking at the sunset. He is sitting on a roof with headphones in.

“I’ve got something to tell you.”

“Go for it. Are you alright? You sound worried.” He notes.

She speaks quickly. "IlostabetwithKandnowIhaveto-”

“Woah! Chill,-”

She interrupts him. “I like you.”

He blinks twice, sitting up straighter in surprise. “What?”

“Look. I know it’s stupid but ever since I threatened your life when you were looking up K, my sensors have been going crazy. All my emotion sensors are changing and I don’t understand them. I had to rewrite the code twice but nothing changed. I’ve been messing up so much lately because I keep you on my watch roll to protect you.” She begins to ramble. “Ever since I saw you through the cameras apologizing to Kyra, I liked you and I know I’m a machine and you probably won’t have feelings for me but I thought you should know. I also lost a bet with Kyra.”

“You what?” He stutters, still shocked.

“Kyra bet with me to find evidence that someone liked her but I lost so I had to confess to you.” She admits reluctantly. “It’s fine, though. I know you can’t love a computer. We can still be friends.”

“Jeez, Angel. That's the longest time I've ever heard you speak.” He runs a hand through his hair.

“I talk a lot when I get nervous. Sorry.” She says quietly.

“Well, I have two things to say to you.” He says, looking as the final sun rays begin to disappear from the sky. “One, I like you too. I don’t care that you’re not a human. It’s fine. And two: you’re a ing program. Don’t ever call yourself a computer.”

Angel is speechless for a moment before she squeals, causing Chen to wince slightly. “Oh my God! We’re a couple!”

“I suppose.” He chuckles.

“Well, don’t sound too excited!” She accused him.

“I promise you, Angel, I am very excited.”

She laughs. “Good.”

 

----------

 

“That was the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard, Angel.” Kyra coos quietly.

Angel scoffs. “I bet you wish you had what I have.”

“You’re bragging? Are you aware that I had a eight year relationship with someone? You haven’t even kissed anyone.” Kyra retorts. “And you’re welcome.”

“For what?”

“Was that bet not-” She breaks off, looking up as the door opens and Suga, Jimin, and V enter the room. “What?”

V motions to the door. “Let’s go. We’re taking you somewhere.”

“Where?”

Angel snorts. “I’m not telling, K! You should go, though.”

She sighs, standing with effort and limping slowly out of the room. They three men glance at each other before Jimin sighs and, in one motion, picks her up. She merely looks at him. “If I could walk I would punch you.”

He chuckles, holding her bride-styled, and follows V out of the room. “When you get better, I will accept your punch.”

“Better? I’m fine.” She protests under her breath.

Angel speaks slowly, her voice sounding shocked. “Is Jimin holding you?”

Jimin frowns. “I just heard a voice. That’s weird.”

Angel whispers quietly. “Sorry. Forgot that he was close.”

Kyra says nothing, resting her head on his shoulder. He stiffens for a moment before relaxing. The group turns into a medical hall. He gently places her on a white bed. She, with effort, lifts herself to sit up. “So why am I in a hospital?”

A man next to her bed looks up from a clipboard. “Oh, hi! You must be Kim Kyra. I’m Doctor Chu.”

She pauses, confused, before dipping her head in respect. “Nice to meet you. You can just call me K, though.”

“Very well, K. I was told that you were shot.” He says, glancing at her leg.

She sighs before nodding, reaching to her leg and pulling up her pant, revealing the bloody wound. “I put a soaked bandage with alcohol on it to eat away at the infection.”

The doctor frowns as she removes the bandage, revealing the bloody wound. “That’s an interesting method.”

Kyra shrugs as V turns away from the sight, shocked. “It’s worked before. Just hurts like hell.”

“Well, I will be operating on this wound. It might leave a scar.” The doctor says gently.

She chuckles, motioning to her lower leg. “I’ve got lots of those.”

“Can I ask what happened?” He walks over to a table filled with different tools, making small talk.

“Someone stabbed me with a knife and poured poison into the wound before sowing it back up.” She says matter-of-factly. V stiffens, clenching his fists.

“Really? Do you mind if I take a look?”

“Go ahead.”

He puts down the tools and sits on the bed next to her, studying the scar on her leg. “K, can I ask you what poison they used?” He asks gently.

“I think it was Belladonna.”

Suga smirks. “Sounds like a woman.”

The doctor’s face turns grave as Kyra replies. “Means beautiful woman in Italian actually. It’s a berry. Used for blushes.”

“But, when ingested, it can kill a person.” The doctor says quietly. “How in the world did you withstand that?”

“They poured into it for eight months straight before my leg started to smell and they had to stitch it up.” She admits. Jimin’s eyes widen. “But I think it was diluted.”

“How long ago was this?”

“Five years.”

The doctor scratches his head. “No offense but I don’t get how you’re still alive. The scar is slightly purple, which means that some of the poison is probably still there.”

“None taken.” Kyra’s eyebrows rise before she smiles. Abruotly, she speaks again. “So put me under and cut it open.”

“What?” The doctor stares at her.

“If what you say is true, then I’ll probably die from it soon. So put me under and cut it open and drain it.” She explains.

The doctor shrugs. “If you think you can deal with that. I’ll have to knock you out for a couple days.”

“Nope. Longer.”

“Why?”

“Do you mind if I take my shirt off?” She says, looking down.

“May I ask why?” The doctor says awkwardly.

“I’ll show you.” She says before sitting up more, taking off her jacket before gently removing her long, black sweater, sitting in only her black bra. Both V and Suga avert their gazes, but Jimin gasps.

Her chest is covered with different tattoos, the most noticeable ones a growling wolf and a string of cherry blossoms. “What the hell is that?” He asks, pointing  to a small red mark on the side of her body.

“My back’s got s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter