23.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23.

FOUR DAYS LATER

 

Sunggyu wakes up to the sound of cooking. Throwing off his bed covers, he walks, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, to the kitchen where Kyra is making food.

He sits across from her. “Do I get any?”

She glances at him, a slight smile on her lips, but does not respond. Instead, she puts the finished food, an omelet, on a plate. “So no?”

There is a long moment of silence as they lock eyes before Kyra slides the plate across the table. “Enjoy.”

He blinks, watching as she sits down across from him, ignoring his existence. “What?”

Opening his computer, she speaks, typing. “I don't eat breakfast, kid.”

“Not a kid.” He objects, standing to get silverware. As he walks by Kyra, he glances at her screen.

“Hey, K!” Kyra finally says, sounding amused. “Can I see what you're up to?”

Grabbing a fork and knife, he hastily walks back to his seat, defending himself. “I was just curious.”

Beginning to eat, there is a long moment of silence before Kyra speaks, not looking up. “I'm just keeping tabs on people.”

“Who?”

She continues to type, shaking her head. “No questions, kid. Thought we got past that.”

“Just answer a couple.” He retorts, taking a bite of his food.

“A question a day.” She proposes, looking him square in the face. “How's that?”

“So I technically have four questions to ask you today.”

“Fine. Go ahead.”

“How old are you?”

She chuckles. “A year younger than you, actually.”

His eyes widen. “And yet you call me kid?”

“Think of it as an affectionate nickname.” She shrugs. “Next question?”

“What's your real name?” He asks quietly.

She shakes her head. “Really? My name's Kyra.”

“Kyra.” He says, testing it out. “Who's trying to find you?”

She thinks for a moment before shrugging. “Everyone.”

“Seriously? That's your answer?”

“Last question.” She reminds him.

“More specific answer to the third question.” He argues. “It can count as my final question.”

“Why are you so interested in that?”

He takes a bite of his food. “You're K. I thought you were invincible.”

She smirks at the compliment. “I am, as K. Most people are searching for me as Kyra now.”

He furrows his eyebrow. “Why?”

She shrugs, turning back to his computer. “You got your questions, kid. Wait until tomorrow.”

 

----------

 

“Chen!” Angel says quietly.

Chen, who is in a coffee shop with headphones on, smiles. “Finally decided to join me. What's up?”

She sighs. “I think you should go to K.”

“Didn't you say she was taking some time off?” He replies, scrunching his forehead in thought.

She sighs again. “She is but you can’t just live on park benches until she feels ready enough to deal with her problems.”

He shrugs. “Didn’t she live on park benches for a year?”

“Two, actually.” Angel admits. “But she’s just sitting there watching BTS on her computer. I think you need to go to her.”

“I mean, I will if you really think that’s best.” He stands, leaving the shop, and begins to walk on the street. “But she’s been through a lot. I think she needs this time.”

“She needs to go back to BTS, where everyone is searching for her. They actually care about her.” Angel argues back. “This will only get her hurt.”

“Then lead on, Angel.”

 

----------

 

The room is dead silent as BTS and Sistar sit eating lunch. Finally, Bora breaks the silence. “What now?” She looks at Hyorin, who is sitting across from her.

Hyorin shrugs. “Not sure.”

Rap Monster speaks up, distaste clear in his voice. “Aren’t you the leader?”

“What should I say?” She challenges him. “That Kyra, for the second time since we’ve known her, actually took a break. You guys just can’t respect that. We know you’re searching for her.”

“What happened the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter