1.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1.

 

"How about you explain why my cameras are disappearing?" A woman's voice, both alluring and threateningly calm, echoes through a dark room.

 

The room is small, full of a dank smell. In the center, bathed by the glow of a lone, precariously hanging light bulb is a slouched figure. The figure lifts their head, revealing their face. It is a man with a well-molded face surrounded by messy, jet-black hair. He smirks into the darkness, taunting the woman. "Too scared to face me?"

 

The woman, her face hidden by a black bandana and a hat, approaches the man and sends a punch straight across his face. "On the contrary, I think you should be the scared one."

 

The man, spitting out blood, chuckles coldly. "Do you think that one punch will make me tell you anything?"

 

"I can do much worse if you'd like."

 

"Really? You hide yourself and yet you threaten me?" He says, glancing at her bandana, scoffing. "Who are you if you need a disguise?”

 

“My name's K.” She punches him again, causing him to cough out more blood in pain. As he finishes coughing and spitting blood out of his mouth, the woman speaks. “Perhaps you've heard of me."

 

You're K?” He slowly lifts his head, shaking it slightly in disbelief. "Why would K want me? I'm not even high up in rankings. I doubt that I can actually help you with anything."

 

She chuckles coldly. "Cut the crap, Chen. I know who you are."

 

His face turns shocked, before quickly becoming unreadable again. "Congrats, not many people really know what I look like."

 

"Never underestimate your opponent.” She says, punching him again.

 

"How did you find out?"

 

“What I know is not what is in question right now. Why is EXO removing my cameras?" She snarls.

 

"What cameras?"

 

She shifts, crossing her arms. "The cameras not on your grid that have been removed  from your territory lately."

 

He coughs again. "I don't know."

 

She rears back, winding up for another punch. Panicked, he speaks rapidly. "Fine, I'll tell you. Jesus, K, your punches hurt."

 

She crosses her arms again as he continues. "One of our patrols noticed a camera-"

 

He is cut off by another punch, this one to his stomach. "I want the truth."

 

He struggles to breathe for a moment before nodding reluctantly. "All right. Someone in EXO told us that they heard that someone was planting cameras. We went on different patrols to see if we could find any. I think we only took down around five."

 

"What did you do with them?"

 

"Honesty, I think our hacker was trying to hack into them." He says with his voice sounding defeated.

 

She is silent for a moment. "Chen, if I let you go, will you put back my cameras exactly where you found them?"

 

He pauses, considering the offer. Finally, he nods. "You let me go and I'll put your cameras back."

 

"Who's your hacker?" She asks. "Is it still Kai?" Chen nods.

 

"He better not be tampering with my cameras." She mutters.

 

He sighs. "I can't really tell him now to not mess with your cameras."

 

She grabs his shirt, staring at him. "Chen, I will be watching you. My cameras will be put back, undisturbed."

 

He says nothing for a while. Finally, he nods slightly. "I'll see what I can do."

 

She reaches behind him and, flipping out a pocketknife, releases him from his bindings. She steps back as he stands, watching him. "Go." She says quietly. "You better remember our deal."

 

He turns and limps out of the room, casting a glance at her as he leaves. Soon after, she pockets the knife and leaves the room, turning onto an empty street.

 

----------

 

"Is he gone?" The woman asks the air, a defeated tone to her voice. Her voice, which sounded as smooth as silk, changes to her natural voice, which sounds more husky and rough.

 

"Yeah, he's walking back. You hit him pretty hard." A voice is heard, sounding slightly accusing.

 

She sighs, turning to slide a black backpack off of her shoulders. "Angel, I'm not going easy on him because you think he’s hot."

 

Angel, the other woman's voice, makes a sigh. "I know you did the right thing, K. They can't be taking our cameras down."

 

"You have to keep EXO on 24/7 watch. We need to make sure that Chen's picking up his end of the deal." The woman says, untying her bandana and taking off her hat. Putting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter