3.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.

Jungkook rustles in his sleep, opening his eyes. After lying peacefully for a moment, he sees Kyra, now sleeping in a chair next to him. Slowly, he looks down at their wrists, which are still touching. Realizing the situation, he sits up and pulls his wrist away quickly, screaming in her face. “Who the hell are you and why are we holding hands?”

 

Kyra opens one eye, looking unconcerned. “You know, a good morning would also be nice.”

 

“Good morning, K!” Angel chirps into her ear.

 

He stares at her in surprise. “I asked you a question. Who are you?”

She stretches, ignoring his question. Sitting up, she motions to his wrist. “Give me your wrist back.”

“What, why?” He exclaims, completely bewildered.

She sighs. “Look, I’m sure they’ll explain this situation to you later, but, if you don’t want to pass out again, you should probably give me your wrist.”

“Not until you explain who you are.” He says stubbornly.

“He’s a nice one.” Angel comments.

Kyra’s mouth twitches in amusement at Angel’s comment and she shrugs slightly. “Fine by me, you can pass out again.”

She yawns, shifting in her seat, and closes her eyes, seeming as though to fall asleep again. After a moment, he reluctantly places his wrist on hers. “Fine. Now please explain why my life depends on holding hands with you.”

She opens her eyes, glancing at their touching wrists. “I’m sick of people saying that we’re holding hands. Our wrists are merely touching.”

Angel chuckles as Jungkook responds. “Can you at least answer one of my questions?”

“What were they again?”

Angel chuckles again. “You cruel person, stop teasing him.”

He sighs, ruffling his hair with his remaining hand. “What’s your name?”

“Kim Kyra.” She says straightforwardly, surprising him.

After racking his brain to see if he remembers her, he scratches his head awkwardly. “Who are you exactly?”

“I’m Seokjin’s sister.”

“Hey, wasn’t I supposed to-” He breaks off as the door swings open and V rushes into the room, freezing when he sees Jungkook sitting up and talking to Kyra.

“I thought you were dead! Oh, Jungkook, I-” Kyra cuts V off.

“Look, I’m sure you want to finally confess your undying love to Jungkook but I can’t really leave this room.” She smirks slightly. “So can you please not get all mushy?”

V and Jungkook simultaneously blush. “They are so into each other!” Angel squeals.

“We’re not-” They say before both becoming quiet as they realize that they spoke at the same time.

Kyra chuckles. “And you two don’t like each other.”

“We don’t!” Jungkook breaks the awkward silence, avoiding both of their eyes. He finally shakes his head quickly, messing up his hair. “Can someone please tell me why I have to hold hands with her?”

“We’re not holding hands.” Kyra casually corrects him.

V, glares at her and sighs, turning to Jungkook. “She was the one that you were tracking but she doesn’t have a chip. For whatever reason, she took it out.-”

“You don't listen. I already told you that the Crows were trying to hack into my chip to find me.” Kyra interjects.

V continues, ignoring her. “But, she left a part of it in her wrist-”

Kyra coughs. “You’re welcome.”

“And apparently she’s removing the tracker need from your chip-”

She once again interrupts him, causing Angel to snort in amusement. “I really am, I don’t see why you doubt me so much. I’m actually a very kind person.”

“Sure you are, K.” Angel mutters.

He whirls around, exploding in anger. “All you’ve done for the entire day is stare into space, whisper to yourself, and sleep.”

“All necessary things for survival.” She notes dryly.

“How is that saving Jungkook?” He asks, breathing deeply in an effort to calm himself.

Angel speaks, agreeing with him. “Actually, he’s right. If you sleep for a week and then tell him that you’re done, I think they’ll be suspicious.”

“I don't really care what you think.” Kyra shrugs, answering them both. “Are you doubting my skills? I don’t like your tone, young man.”

“You probably should care about their opinions.” Angel laughs at her casual dismissal. “My skills, by the way.”

“So far I can tell that you excel in resting.” He shoots back.

She nods, smiling slightly. “As does your boyfriend.”

Jungkook’s face reddens as V retorts quickly. “That’s because he was tracking you, for whatever reason.”

“Actually, I’m supposed help you find K.”

V gasps. “Rap Monster thinks that you'll still help us?”

“I know, I thought he was the smart one.” Kyra laughs. “He seems to think that the only way to finally beat the Crows will be by recruiting K and that I'm the only one who can help you.”

“I love how you can casually talk about yourself in third person.” Angel comments.

Jungkook interrupts their banter, adding to the conversation. “Actually, Jin’s had a fascination with K for a while.”

Kyra raises her eyebrow, surprised. “Really?”

“Do you know who K is?” V watches her suspiciously.

“I really don’t need to tell you that.” She sighs.

He snorts. “You probably got K to help you ditch Jin for your boyfriend.”

In a flash, Kyra grabs his collar and smashes him against the wall, holding him there. She snarls threateningly into his face. “Don’t speak about things that you don’t understand.”

“Oh, hit a nerve, did I?” He taunts. Jungkook watches them, worried.

“I originally thought he didn’t deserve a beating but he’s literall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter