13.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13.

TWO WEEKS LATER

“-Two more people have died from the fire on 64th street. With five people dead and seven critically injured, there are still many unanswered questions. For one, no one knows how the fire started. There is no evidence of a gas leak and none of the survivors remember doing anything that would have triggered this massive of a fire. The commissioner of police, Lee Hyun, stated that the police are focusing their resources on discovering the cause of this fire-”

“Pause the screen!” V says loudly as the screen switches to a picture of a picture of the building in flames.

Suga, sighing, leans over to reach the remote and pauses the screen. V points to a figure in the bottom of the screen. “Look!”

Rap Monster and Jungkook stand, walking over to the television. Suddenly, Jungkook gasps. “That’s Kyra’s jacket.”

“It could just be an army jacket.” Rap Monster says quietly, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He shrugs it off, pointing to a blurry figure next to the partially-burned jacket. “Explain that.” The figure, upon further expression, is a person, wearing all black, whose face and hair is covered by a bandana and a black hat.

As Jin stares at the person, his face, which was full of sadness, changes to a look of hatred. “We have to find K and Angel.”

Suga raises his eyebrow. “Did you not hear what he said? He’ll kill us all. This was just a warning.”

Jin shakes his head. “He killed my sister. We can protect each other.”

Jungkook nods, walking to sit by V, who takes his hand comfortingly. “He’s right. We’re just going to let Kyra’s killer-” His voice wavers as he continues. “-roam the streets freely?”

“No.” Jimin finally speaks. His hair is disheveled, giving him the appearance like he has not slept for days. “We’ll find him. Whatever it takes.”

----------

“Is Kyra alright?” Chen asks quietly, glancing at the door. He is sitting in front of his computer.

After a moment, Angel responds. “She’s fine. Why?”

“I saw her jacket on the TV in the fire.”

Angel chuckles. ‘It was just a ploy to get BTS off her back. They think that K killed her.”

He laughs. “They think she killed herself?”

“Yep. Don’t worry.” She replies. “We’re both fine.”

“Thank God.” He releases a deep breath in relief. “Suho confronted me yesterday.”

“I know.”

“Of course you do.” He smiles slightly. “He wants me to explain why I’ve been spending more time alone.”

“What are you going to tell him?”

Chen shrugs. “I don’t know. What do you think?”

Angel thinks for a while before responding quietly. “You could tell him that you have a new girlfriend.”

He chuckles. “You have anything to tell me?”

“No! I just, well, think about it. You have a new girlfriend that doesn’t know that you’re in a gang.” She speaks quickly, covering up her embarrassment. “That explains why you’ve been spending time alone.”

“I suppose it would work.” He grows serious, considering the idea. “What if they ask for details?”

She replies quietly. “Just describe me.”

----------

“That was a casual remark.” Kyra snorts. “Not like you were hinting at anything.”

Angel sighs. “I knew you’d be like this.”

“He’s dense.”

“Hey! Don’t diss-” Angel tries to defend him but Kyra interrupts her.

“Your boyfriend. I know, you’re protective.” She chuckles, shifting in her seat. She is sitting on a park bench. “How’s my brother taking it?”

“Your death? Not badly.” She says, sounding mischievous. “Anyone else you want to know about?”

Kyra smirks. “How’s Jungkook?”

“Not well. He sits with V and cries himself to sleep.”

“Well V’s had loss before. I bet he was alrig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter