24.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24.

 

The car turns into a driveway. Kyra, taking her duffel bag, exits the car along with Chen, who seems worried. “Don’t worry, Chen! Wait, hold on!”

She pauses, reaching into her jacket and removing a small earpiece from her pocket. “Here. I figured you’d like to talk to Angel like I do.”

“Are you serious?” Angel squeals.

Kyra winces. “Angel’s happy. Look. I programmed it so that she can talk to both of us or one only. It’s up to her. She usually just gives a running commentary of what’s going on. That we’ll both hear from now on.” She offers him the earpiece, which he accepts and puts in his ear.

“Test it.” Chen says, covering his ear with his hair.

“Hello, my people.” Angel says sarcastically into both of their ears.

Chen shares a smile with Kyra. “It worked.”

“Now you can hear her joke about everyone.” Kyra says as they begin to walk towards the building. “I would suggest not hiding it. If you just pretend it’s not there then, chances are, people won’t notice it.”

“Thank you.” Chen says as they stop in front a door and Kyra knocks, smiling at him.

“Anytime. Just try not to laugh.”

The door opens to Jimin, looking worried. His face clears as he sees Kyra. “You’re back?”

Kyra nods. “Nice to see again.”

“I can literally see the in the air.” Angel notes dryly.

Chen smiles slightly before Jimin looks at him, his eyes narrowing. “You brought Chen?”

“That I did.” Kyra says, saving Chen from having to talk. “Can we come in?”

“You can.” He says pointedly, glaring at him.

Kyra raise her eyebrow. “I’m not asking for permission to bring him here.” She moves to enter but he stops her, raising his hand out.

“You better not bring the enemy here.”

“I’m not part of EXO anymore.” Chen says, causing Jimin to scoffs.

“Says any spy.” He counters.

“He’s telling the truth.”

“And how do you know that?” Jimin turns to Kyra.

“Just do.” Kyra shrugs. “Do you trust me?” He nods grudgingly as she continues. “He’s on my side”

“He should be on our side.”

“This is an awful way to flirt.” Angel says. Kyra’s serious face twitches.

“Are you aware that he can help you take down EXO, Jimin?” She says before pushing his aside, motioning for Chen to follow her. They walk into the building, turning a corner and walking through an open door where the four girls sit in silence.

“K! You’re alright!” Bora runs over to hug Kyra.

Jimin enters the room, angry. He stands in the doorway, watching as Chen stands awkwardly by the door. Dasom notices him first, recognition bathing her face. “Jongdae?”

His eyes widen. “Dasom?”

Bora and Kyra separate. “How do you know her?” Hyorin asks suspiciously, ignoring Kyra.

“We were neighbors.” Chen says quietly, fist bumping Dasom in greeting. “I thought she died.”

“Same.” They grin at each other before Kyra clears .

“This is Chen. It’s great to see you all but I need to find Rap Monster.”

“That ?” Hyorin sniffs, glancing at Kyra with judgement in her gaze. “He’s been an since we came here.”

“Oh I exist to you now? Good to know.” Kyra replies, shaking her head and leaving the room, followed shortly by Chen and Jimin.

 

----------

 

“Look. He left. We should respect that.” Kai says.

 

The remaining eight members of EXO are in a room. Chanyeol speaks from his seat on the floor. “He chose ing Kyra, though. We’ve been searching for her for too long.”

Next to him, a man, his eyes heavy with eyeliner, scoffs. “Are you kidding? He chose to leave us. At least he ran while he could.”

“Really, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol looks at him, his eyes full of betrayal, and shifts away from him.

“Maybe we can search for him. I bet he’s with Kyra now.” Suho spea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter