28.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28.

TWO DAYS LATER

 

“Party’s tonight, right?” Chen looks up from his desk, nodding at Kai.

“We're leaving in two hours.”

“Two hours?” Kai nearly screeches. “I need to get ready!”

From Chen’s computer, Angel chuckles. “You look flawless already, Kai.”

Kai jumps slightly, surprised. “, Angel! You scared me!”

“Sorry.” She apologizes.

“No worries.” He smiles. “How's the party going?”

Angel chuckles. “The women are all very stressed. But don't worry. They always do this at parties.”

“Well, I'll see you there.” Kai waves to the computer.

 

----------

 

There is a knock on the door. Kyra opens it, smiling slightly. “What's up?”

Kai smiles at her, hugging her. “I missed you, buddy!”

She chuckles, gently disentangling herself from him. “We saw each other two days ago!”

“It feels like years.” He mutters.

Kyra glances over him, patting his back. “You guys can go in. Party just started.”

Chen laughs, walking past them. “Alright. We'll talk more later.”

The others file in, leaving Sehun standing alone outside. Kyra looks at him before speaking softly. “How are you?”

He eyes her with hurt in his eyes before rapidly signing something with his hands. “You know why I had to leave!” She runs a hand through her hair.

He signs something else to her, crossing his arms in anger. Kyra bites her lips, thinking, before rushing out and hugging him. “I'm sorry, okay?” He stiffens as she runs a hand through his hair. “I'm really sorry.”

Sehun pulls away, signing something sincerely. She says nothing and he flinches, stepping away from her and walking into the party, shaking his head in disappointment.

“What did he ask you?” Angel asks.

Kyra sighs before following him. “Nothing important. Let's get this party on the road.”

 

----------

 

As Kyra walks into the room, she sighs. The room is entirely split up, with neither EXO nor BTS socializing. “I feel like this will be quite fun for you.” Angel chuckles.

Chen looks up, pausing in his conversation with DO, and sees Kyra staring at him. “Tell him to get his over there and talk to them.”

“Socialize. Now.” She says in both of their ears.

Kyra chuckles before walking over to Bora, who has been staring at EXO in surprise. “What’s wrong?”

“I didn’t realize how hot they were.” She marvels, studying each person in turn.

“Jesus, woman!” Kyra teases. “I thought you actually had a problem.”

“Have you ever been with any of them?”

She chuckles. “You realize I was married?”

Bora sighs, exasperated. “Were you really that loyal?”

Both women look up as the black-haired man walks up to the two women. “Hey, Kyra.” THe man says awkwardly. “Chen told us to talk to people.”

“That didn’t mean gravitate towards K, you idiot!” Angel mutters as Kyra grins at the man.

“Lay! How are you?”

Lay shrugs, glancing at Bora. “Fine. How have things been?”

Kyra smiles slightly, raising an eyebrow at him, before glancing behind him. “Good. Kai’s waving me over, so I should go.”

“K!” Bora hisses. “You can’t just leave-”

Kyra waves, turning and walking away. “Maybe introduce yourself to each other.” She watches as Lay begins to talk, Bora’s cheeks heating up.

“I approve of the matchmaking.” Angel notes.

Kyra laughs. “What can I say? I’m a genius.” She trails her eyes over the room, seeing Jimin talking animatedly with a red-haired woman.

“Hyuna came?”

Angel sighs. “Don’t worry. They aren’t talking about anything fun.”

“I don’t care what they’re talking about!” Kyra quickly interjects, turning away. “I need some scotch.”

“Of course you do.”

 

----------

 

“Didn’t know that mingling with you new allies included standing awkwardly in a corner.” Kyra notes.

Jhope raises an eyebrow at her. “Can I help you?”

“You need to talk to people.”

He shrugs. “I’m not a people person.”

“Is anyone?” She counters, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the crowded room. “That doesn’t matter. Kai!”

Kai looks up and grins, walking up to the two people. “Kyra! What’s up?”

“Talk to him. You’re both techies.” She instructs before turning on Jhope, a meaningful look in her eyes. “Wait until you finish this conversation to return to your sad little corner.”

He blinks before releasing her hand and putting his hand in a fist. “Fine.”

“Thanks.”

 

----------

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter