4.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4.

 

“Why don’t you explain to us why Jungkook suddenly dropped dead!” V asks, visibly distraught. All seven BTS members are sitting in a gray room around a table. Jin is staring at the table with an expressionless face.

 

Rap Monster sighs, answering for him. “Jin told me that he found a way to find K.”

 

“Another way to find this person that you’re both infatuated with!” V scoffs.

Another man, his hair dyed a faded gray, speaks with a calm voice. “Everyone calm down and let Jin explain himself.”

V looks at the man before nodding and sitting back down, focusing his attention on Jin. Soon, all the members are staring at Jin, who looks at the gray-haired man with a broken expression. “Thanks, Suga.” The man, Suga, nods in acknowledgement as Jin speaks quietly. “Rap Monster asked me if he knew of any other ways to find K and I thought I found a way.”

“You’ve been trying to track K for three years!” V exclaims. “How can you suddenly find a way to track him down?”

“I remembered someone that I worked very hard to forget: my sister.” He admits reluctantly. Immediately, there is a collective gasp.

“You have a sister?” Suga asks, surprised.

“I’ll explain my past with her to you.” Jin nods. “Her name’s Kim Kyra. She’s two and a half years older than me. When she was eight and I was six, our parents were murdered by the Crows and she managed to escape with me. For almost ten years, eleven to be exact, she found a way to care for me, either by stealing or by working, usually in things that were illegal. We lived on the streets together, depending on each other. She even taught me how to fight.”

He sighs. “She was mainly a hacker. Our father, she said, had been a computer scientist and passed down all his technology skills to her. She had a homemade computer and used to hack into everything just to keep us well cloaked from authority. This way, we were kept under the radar.” He smiles at the memory, looking down at his folded hands. “But, things can never stay perfect. One night, she woke me up, hysteric. She gave me an earpiece, here, wait-”

He pauses, reaching into his pocket and taking a small white earpiece out of his pocket and throwing it onto the table. “I still have it. She gave it to me and told me that people were coming here for her and that there was no way for her to escape them. So, without any other explanation, she pushed me out the door and told me to run.”

He lapses into silence, frowning. After a moment, Suga, who is sitting next to him, gently taps him. “Jin, I know it’s hard to talk about, but you have to tell us the whole truth.”

He nods and continues speaking, a sense of weakness to his voice. “Right, sorry. It’s just painful to remember her.” He sighs, collecting himself. “Being the concerned brother that I was, I decided to double back and try to protect her. But, when I got there, I saw lots of men surrounding the area, leisurely joking amongst themselves. I was about to attack them when I heard a woman’s laughter. I knew just from her voice that it was my sister and she, she-” His voice cracks. “She was telling one of the men, a black-haired one, that her brother was gone for good and that she could finally be with him. I even peeked my head out, to make sure that it was her, and I saw her hugging a man, probably the man that she’d just confessed to.”

The entire room, including Jin, falls silent as he wipes a tear from his eyes. “I should have known that she was with someone. She had been disappearing more often than before and we stayed in the same place for an entire month, which had never happened before. I just, I never thought that she would choose some guy over her younger brother.” He dries his eyes, his face becoming stone cold as he speaks with a voice of steel. “Although she abandoned me, I admit that she is the most skilled fighter and hacker that I know, including any of us or anyone else in Raven and probably in Crow. If anyone knows K or can find him, it’s my sister.”

There is a moment of shocked silence before he speaks again.“You want to know the worst thing?” He stands, laughing harshly, and grabs the earpiece, shoving it angrily into his pocket. “I even kept this earpiece and put it in my ear, to see if there was some sort of explanation for why she did what she did. It didn’t say one word, it didn’t do anything. But, I keep in the hope that one day she'll come back and explain herself.” Then, he walks, slightly slouched, out of the room.

Kyra, from her position on the floor, stares at the wall with wide eyes. She shakes her head quickly and wipes under her eyes, checking for tears.

“K, I didn’t know that you made him an earpiece.” Angel says quietly.

Kyra speaks s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter