30.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

30.

 

Hyorin finally breaks the silence. “We told you to leave, not to find a pretty girl and bring her back here.”

Jhope says nothing before motioning for Angel to speak, stepping back slightly.

But, she is frozen, her eyes paralyzed with fear as she watches the people in the room. “Hey. You don’t have to do this.” Jhope mumbles into her back.

She whirls around, seeing his comforting eyes, before rushing out of the room, running clumsily. The room fills with silence once more.

“What the hell was that?” Dasom speaks up, her eyes puffy.

Jhope glances at the door before shaking his head. “Nothing.”

“Then why are you still here?” Hyorin hisses.

He winces, looking down. “Still not wanted?”

“Of course not! This is all your fault!” Jungkook retorts.

Jhope stiffens before smirking, glancing at him. “If only you knew the half of it, Jungkook. If only.” Then, he turns and runs out of the room, following Angel’s track.

 

---------

 

Jhope, breathing heavily from running, slides into a seat next to Angel, saying nothing. They both study Kyra’s body, hearing the steady beep of a heart monitor.

“Are you going to yell at me?” She says, glancing at him.

He does not speak for a moment before he answers. “Why would I yell?”

“Because I was there, in front of everyone, and I choked.” She whispers sadly.

“So?” He smiles gently at her. “You think that matters to me?”

“Then why are you here?”

He shrugs, watching Kyra once more. “Where else can I go?”

She chuckles suddenly. “God, we’re both screwed!”

Jhope chuckles too, joining her. “Guess so.”

“I’m really sorry-”

He puts his hand up, cutting her off. “Don’t even go there. It was my choice to come here and my choice to even tell them what I knew.”

Angel nods to his words. “Well, thank you.”

“You’re thanking me again?” Jhope laughs, throwing his head back. They sit in silence for a moment before he speaks again, his face turning slightly red.  “We have two weeks before all goes back to normal. I’ve, um, I have a place to stay.”

She smiles brightly. “Are you embarrassed?”

“You’re a beautiful woman!” He defends himself. “What did you expect?”

Angel laughs before standing shakily, grabbing his arm for steadiness. “Fine. Lead the way.”

 

----------

 

“Beds are so much better than I thought.” Angel sighs, curling into a large comforter.

Next to her, Jhope chuckles, typing quickly. “That's you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter