25.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

25.

Suga blinks, confused. “You're the one who talked to us before.”

Kyra nods. “Apparently you guys were worried about me.”

The table falls into an uncomfortable silence before Jimin addresses Angel. “What are you?”

“Program.” Hyorin answers for her. “She's  like K’s servant.”

Chen chuckles as Angel responds. “I'm an AI.”

“That's impressive.” Jhope whistles. “Didn't know that was realistic to make.”

Kyra nods. “She inhabits the Internet. She was the one threatening to be me on the roof to you two-” She pauses, pointing to V and Suga. “-and the one who attacked you by exploding lightbulbs.”

There is a stunned silence that fills the room before Hyorin smirks. “Makes sense now, doesn't it?”

Jimin speaks up. “Actually does.”

“So, do you forgive her?” Bora looks at Kyra, winking.

He says nothing before shrugging. “We've all made mistakes. There was nothing to forgive.”

“Just kiss already.” Jungkook chuckles.

Soyou laughs. “You and Angel will have a great friendship if you continue like this.”

“Will you just follow us around now?” He asks. “I don't really get how you work. I mean, I thought you were a computer.”

Kyra groans, muttering to herself. “You set her off.”

“Do I look like a ing computer to you, Jeon Jungkook?” Angel answers angrily. “I’m a ing-”

Kyra interrupts her. “No swearing. We’ve been over this.”

Angel sighs before continuing in a slightly subdued tone. “I’m a freaking program, alright. And, just so you know, I have feelings.”

“Wait.” Jimin says, pausing her ranting. “Is this why you know everything at all times?”

“You mean other than the fact that K is a genius?” Angel answers. “Yep. She’s got an earpiece.”

Kyra sighs, moving the hair from the left side of her face, revealing her white earpiece. Jhope stares at it. “That’s some expensive material.”

“Last thing I ever made with it.”

Bora coughs. “Can we not go all nerd? Some of us are human!”

Kyra chuckles before Suga asks her a question. “Does this mean that you’ll help us now?”

“Dude!” Angel complains. “We were finally getting along. Are you serious?”

"I’m not sure.”

“You realize that the others should be getting some explanation.” Dasom points out. “They probably think that you hate that all.”

“Well, for your information, it’s not you guys-”

Angel interrupts her. “You’re actually very nice people.”

Kyra scoffs. “You just think they’re hot.”

Some of the men stifle laughter as Angel retorts. “What can I say? I’ve got good taste.”

“You have a ing boyfriend!” She exclaims.

Chen raises his hand casually. “Can we stay loyal please?”

The men's eyes widen as Angel chuckles. “Never fear, I've got eyes for only you.”

Kyra interjects. “Actually, you're basically the Internet. You have eyes everywhere."

Angel falls silent, unable to find a response. “Wait! Are you guys dating?”

“That they are.” Bora confirms.

“It’s not official yet but yep.” Kyra says, teasing Angel. “She’s a taken woman.”

“It actually is official, thank you very much.” Angel says back. “What about you?”

She shrugs. “Let’s just say I’m single at the moment.”

“Really?” Jungkook chuckles. “I thought Jimin had your heart.”

Angel howls in laughter as both Jimin and Kyra flush slightly before Kyra hisses at Angel in Russian. “If you even start this again, Angel-”

Angel interrupts her. “This has gotten off track.”

“Thank God!” Kyra mutters, earning laughter from Suga, who is standing next to her. “What were you angry about?”

“Not helping them.” Angel supplies. “Which we actually could. Kyra’s just holding onto the past.”

“So? What are you going to do?” Kyra says seriously. “I don’t want to hurt EXO. Neither do you, for obvious reasons.” She points to Chen. “The only reason I'm not sure is because now Chen is safe.”

They both say nothing for a moment before Angel concedes. “I suppose so. You just have still feelings for Suho.”

Kyra chuckles as Jimin’s head snaps up and he stares at her. “Did you date Suho? From EXO?”

“I started EXO, kid.”

“Don’t call him kid if you’re trying to flirt!” Angel advises.

Kyra clenches her fists. “I swear to the lord I will shut you off.”

“You started EXO?”

Kyra smirks, shrugging. “Who knows?”

“Yep. Who knows? It's like you just said that you started them.” Bora comments, speaking dryly. “Nice going K.”

Suga chuckles again. “Oh my god! You guys are hilarious.”

“I try. I really do.” Angel says, amused.

“That's all you ever do. Getting me caught.” Kyra shoots back good-naturedly.

“She got you caught?”

Angel explains. “I usually keep her safe but Jhope’s hard to work against because he never talks when he's hacking so I never know what he's going to do.”

Jhope’s eyes narrow. “You’re the one I hack against? How did I ever even find Kyra?”

“I was preoccupied.” Angel laughs.

K snorts. “Yeah. Preoccupied with Chen.”

Chen shrugs, winking at Kyra. “What can I say? I captivate the ladies’ attention.”

Dasom raises her eyebrow before changing the topic. “Alright. This was fun but we all need to really get to know each other.”

Kyra groans. “You just want to get me drunk again.”

Bora and Soyou glance at each other before standing. “We'll see you at eight. Same place.”

 

----------

 

“Thank God they both left.” Bora says, standing. The six remaining men look up at her blankly. “Kyra and Jimin.”

Soyou nods. “We need to make some sort of situation where Kyra and Jimin are together.”

“They already like each other.” Chen notes. “They'll confess at some point.”

“Some point is too far away. They need to get together.” Hyorin counters.

Jungkook rubs his hands together. “We'll help you. Since he came here, Jimin hasn't been with anyone.”

“You know he has a reason for that.” V says.

Angel speaks up from V’s phone, startling him. “We know about May.”

“You do? Does Kyra?”

“Yup. Angel broadcasted it to all of us.” Bora answers. “But, Kyra's had her fair share of relationship troubles.”

She glances at Jin for a moment before shaking her head. Hyorin speaks up. “Tonight is the night. And we finally have a plan.”

 

----------

 

Kyra, followed by Chen, walk down a hallway. “How's the earpiece working?”

He glances at her, smiling slightly. “Fine.”

“Good to hear. I'm trying to make you a better one.” She says as they walk back into the room.

Immediately, Bora grabs her hand, pulling Kyra away as she waves goodbye to Angel. “Guess I'm needed.”

Bora pulls her in front of the bottle of scotch with is now half-empty. “Where did it go?”

Kyra glances around. “Please tell me Hyorin doesn't know.”

“You've still got the flask.” She notes dryly.

“I would ask if you want some but I think the bottle’s enough for you.” She replies. “Besides, I'm not an idiot. I know you want me to get drunk and do something stupid.”

She crosses as arms as Dasom walks up to them, over sing the scene. “You're quite lucky that Hyorin’s running late or you'd be in deep .”

“Language!” Kyra whines.

“Says the one who needs scotch to get drunk.” Bora counters.

“Look, girls. Do you or do you not want me to get drunk?” She reaches into her coat, taking a sip from her flask before leaving the girls, toasting t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter