26.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26.

“Look. I know that you told us to stop searching for Kyra but me and Kai have a lead on her.” Chanyeol says.

He is sitting next to Kai with the other men. “Even if we don't get her, Chen is probably with her.” Kai speaks up.

Suho crosses his arms before nodding his head. “Go ahead.”

Chanyeol smiles slightly before Kai continues. “We found camera footage of Kyra paying Kim Sunggyu’s rent for six months in advance.”

DO raises one of his eyebrows. “Six months?”

Chanyeol nods. “But, she left the building with Chen. We literally saw her getting into a car with Chen. I think we should-”

Suho puts his hand up. “Did you try to track the car?”

Kai shakes his head. “City-wide blackout on cameras for two minutes which would allow Kyra enough time to drive onto a busy road.”

“She covers her tracks well.” Chanyeol nods at Baekhyun’s words.

“Continue. What do you think we should do?” Suho speaks.

Kai and Chanyeol share a glance before Kai speaks. “We think that this Sunggyu guy will probably draw Kyra out. If we get him, she’ll try to come save him and, when she does, we'll be waiting.”

There is a moment of silence before Suho nods. “This is the last time.”

“Okay.” Kai breathes out a sigh of relief. “We can finally make her pay for murdering our own.”

 

----------

 

“Coffee!” Kyra practically moans as she enters the kitchen, swiping the coffee pot from Bora and grabbing a cup, filling it up.

She sits on a stool by the counter, cradling the coffee cup. There is a moment of silence before Bora prods her. “How’d it go?”

Kyra's smile falls and she shakes her head, glancing to the dining room table, where the men are sitting. She does not reply. Hyorin and Dasom enter the room, pouring themselves coffee as well. “So, who was it last night?” She asks Dasom.

Dasom chuckles. “Suga, if you must know.”

Kyra and the others laugh for a moment before Soyou enters the room, sitting across from them. “Before you judge me, I was really drunk.” She says, putting her head on the table. The women exchange glances as she speaks again, whispering. “I woke up next to your brother. .”

Kyra laughs, holding her side, as the others all chuckle. “How was he?”

Soyou looks up, a blush covering her face, and whispers. “I don't remember.”

All the woman laugh hysterically before Hyorin speaks. “How was Jimin?”

Kyra drinks her coffee, frowning. Finally, she mutters. “We were kissing and then he moaned out May’s name.”

There is a shocked moment of silence before Soyou pipes up. “At least you can remember how he kissed.”

Kyra gives her a small smile before sighing. “He's not over her yet. It's obvious. I saw it when he was talking about her to V. Me, I had time to grieve about losing Suho but Jimin was just thrown into this world with no time. He still loves her.” No one says anything before she shakes her head, looking at him longingly. “Why did I have to get feelings for someone whose heart is already taken?”

Bora and Dasom squeal. “You're in love!”

“With someone who loves someone else.” She notes.

Dasom changes the subject. “Soyou, you've got to go for a sober round two. Aren't you curious?”

“I would like to forget that it ever happened.” Soyou groans again, not picking herself up from the table. “I'm so ashamed.”

Kyra pats her shoulder comfortingly. “I give you my blessing.”

She looks up as Jimin stands from the group of men, walking up to them. He looks down, speaking with a gruff, morning voice. “Can we take your pot of coffee?”

Kyra slides it across the table wordlessly, ignoring him. There is an awkward moment of silence before he sighs, taking the pot and leaving. Hyorin watches as he goes before chuckling. “You're so done, Kyra.”

Kyra taps the table, speaking in Russian. “You know, I came back to our room in the middle of the night to change and, for obvious reasons, neither Dasom nor Soyou were there. But guess who else wasn't sleeping at home?”

“She was with someone?”

Kyra shrugs. “Where else would she be?”

Bora shares an identical smirk with Dasom as Soyou props her head up from the counter, responding in Russian. “We're going to find out, aren't we?”

Kyra smiles slightly. “Of course!”

“You guy know that I have insomnia, right?” Bora speaks up in Russian. The three women nod to her. “Well, I'm usually on the roof until two or three in the morning and Hyorin hasn't been in her bed until five at the latest.”

Hyorin takes a sip of her coffee. “What of course! Why are we speaking Russian?”

They ignore her for a moment, digesting that piece of information. “She's been hooking up with someone?” Soyou whispers in Russian, shocked.

“Korean!” Hyorin, growing angry, hisses at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter