17.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17.

There is a long moment of silence before V drops his gun. “You're lying.”

“Am I?” She smiles at him slightly. “Seokjin, do you remember your childhood nickname for me?”

He shakes his head slowly. “What was it?”

“Oh, c'mon!” She speaks coldly towards him. “Use that brain of yours. It shouldn’t be hard because you never use it. Before our parents were murdered, you called me a very endearing name. It was your first word.”

He in a breath. “K. That was my first word.”

“Well, look who finally got something right.” She nods, speaking with a biting sarcasm, causing him to wince. “The first ever meeting that I was having with someone from the underground, they asked me my name and you ran in, calling for K. So, thanks to you, my legend began.”

“But K’s cruel. He murders people without a second glance.” Jungkook says feebly. “You're Kyra, the one who saved me from dying.”

She looks at him, regret flashing in her eyes quickly before she returns to her original indifferent personality. “I guess you're wrong, in more ways than one. I kill for people who pay me or if people threaten me and Angel. But I suppose, if you think that K is cruel, that means that you think I'm cruel.”

Suga adds in as V grabs Jungkook's hand, squeezing it in comfort. “Actually, it makes sense. She won't help us because of Jin and the only person who told us that K was a man was her.”

She nods, agreeing with him. Angel speaks in a somber, guilty tone. “You still have a chance.”

She blinks, glancing at Rap Monster. “So what now?”

“Huh?” V says.

“Well, are you going to shoot me?” She ask, spreading her arms open in a gesture of submission, taking a small step back.

“I moved the boat closer so you need to take like five more large steps backwards.” Angel explains.

Rap Monster glances at the others in BTS, seeing that he is the only person with his gun still cocked. Then, he motions to her hand, which is still clutching a walking stick. “Explain.”

She scoffs, stepping back again. “You shot me, if you remember.”

“It hit you?” He asks. “Show me.”

She stares at him before kneeling, taking the opportunity to shift back slightly. She pulls up her pants leg, showing him the bandage. Jungkook gasps. “What are those?”

He is staring in shock at her leg, where, in addition to the bandages, is a long, red scar that travels up the length of her leg. Next to it are countless other, faded scars. She shrugs, dropping her pants leg. “I'm full of secrets, kid.”

Rap Monster steps towards her and she steps back, only a couple steps away from the boat. “Almost there, K.” Angel notes.

“How did you get all those scars?”

“Will you shoot me if I don't tell you?” She shoots back. He says nothing, his hand tightening on the gun. Finally, she relents, speaking again. “Most of them are past injuries.”

“What about the long one?”

She looks up, her eyes full of memories. “Another injury.”

“You want to be more specific?”

She speaks in a cold tone. “I'm good.”

“We just want your help, Kyra.” Jimin says quietly.

She scoffs, stepping back slightly. “You say as your leader points a gun at me.”

“Just answer his question, Kyra.” Jin mutters.

“Do you really want to know?” She snaps her head towards him before smirking. “I was tortured.”

His eyes widen. “What?”

 

----------

 

Kyra winces, realizing what she said. “Damn, that was bad. Just play it out. You're one huge step away.”

“You were tortured?”

Kyra elaborates slightly. “You think you were betrayed? How about having a brother that lets you get captured so that you can be tortured for three years.”

“Three years?” Jimin whispers in shock as Jin retorts.

“You told me to run!”

“Because you always come first!” She hisses. “Our parents made me promise to protect you but, guess what? You can't do anything right! I warn you about K so that you stop searching for me. I even faked my own ing death to get you to stop. But, no! You have to ruin everything!”

“I didn’t-”

“Everything is going on the table so I can stop pretending that I care.” They both say nothing before Kyra continues, her voice full of coldness. “Do you know how our parents died?” She ignores him, not waiting for answer. “They were trying to protect you. The Crows were trying to recruit you and they resisted. They died for you to not join a gang and what do you do? You become a hacker for the Ravens? You're a disgrace to our family.”

“, K! You don't mean that-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter